• Latest reply 2 years ago by FlawlessJS
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6C72EE36-4BD0-454F-8DF8-58BDEE8848CE (resized).jpeg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-29_at_9.29.55_PM.png
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yes, the magic behind this is OGA83 's pinball browser software. Donate to him.
I don't have my game yet but I already used the software to change ONLY the Game Over music to Ozzy's Iron Man intro riffs. (Not a fan of shoot to thrill)
Also, with recent Sterns you should be able to turn Match off altogether, that's what I've done on my Met and BSM.
Basically, drain last ball, then 1-2 seconds later greeted with Ozzy's Iron Man and Game Over screen. that's my goal. I have set to King Nothing on Met during game over with skipped Match and it works perfectly.
Once my game gets here and I assure my volume is good I can attempt to share.

That would be awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the multi ball songs that are added. The levels just don't seem right. If you end up just doing the game over sounds, let me know. Thanks!

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

That would be awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the multi ball songs that are added. The levels just don't seem right. If you end up just doing the game over sounds, let me know. Are you going to leave the quote that says, "The thing is, I am Iron Man"?

#53 8 years ago

just got to play a few games this morning...love the new songs and end of game music...well done

#54 8 years ago

I tried the new code. I like the new songs etc. Did anybody else have an issue with iron monger not lowering when you start a game? I never had this happen before with over 600 plays but it happened 2 times out of the 15 or so games I played after installing this code.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Once my game gets here and I assure my volume is good I can attempt to share.

Please count me in!

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I tried the new code. I like the new songs etc. Did anybody else have an issue with iron monger not lowering when you start a game? I never had this happen before with over 600 plays but it happened 2 times out of the 15 or so games I played after installing this code.

No issues on mine

#57 8 years ago

Does anyone have a video posted of their machine running this code ?

#58 8 years ago

Could someone PM the link?

Not sure if the one drive will work for me or not. I will try when I get home from Tennessee tonight but if it doesn't is there another link available ahead of time?

Thanks,

Chris

#59 8 years ago

To Pinitration:

If my existing saved attempt works without the quote I'll probably call it a day. If my existing saved file isn't quite right then I'll consider trying to include the quote right before the Iron Man Ozzy riffs start. We'll see, I've still got a few weeks before my game arrives so maybe I can save a few different files and try each.

OCD is good and bad

Once game arrives I'm gonna hear the Game Over sequence hundreds and hundreds of times so it should be cool as hell.

#60 8 years ago

Can someone pm me the link?

#61 8 years ago

I'll try it out later and report back. I'm excited to try it out on my original Iron Man Pro!

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Can someone pm me the link?

It's right in the first page of this thread.

Quoted from rawbars:

Must be coincidental. I've never had that happen and I've been running this code for a while now.

#63 8 years ago

Not sure if this helps. From Stern website current IM game code read me:

V 01.83 - 19-August-2014
====================
System Changes:
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5352-00 need to use V1.83_VE code.
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-00 need to use V1.83 code.
- CPU Part #520-5352-00 is built with an FTDI USB chip
- CPU Part #520-5246-00 is built with an Atmel USB chip
- There are no game rule changes between V1.83 & V1.83_VE
- Ticket redemption has been added to Ironman game

#64 8 years ago

If anyone doesnt like the MB music.
1. Download pinball browser.

2. Download the code from sterns website.

3. Open that code in pinball browser

4. Click on the original mb music tracks and click export. Save them to desktop.

5. Open up the modified file with pinbrowser.
Find the custom mb track .

6. Click import. And pick the original track you exported from your desktop.

7 . Save to pinbrowser then USB and install code.

8. Yes, its that easy.

And if you want to play with volumes.
Export the track you want to edit the volume on.
Import that same track back to pinbrowser.
And it will let you adjust the volume before saving.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The updated music is quite nice. If the sound levels were just tweaked a bit (Shoot to Thrill is too loud and "I am Iron Man" is too low), it would be close to perfect.

I tweaked the level of the "I am Iron Man" quote on mine and reimported a cleaner version of Shoot To Thrill with proper volume. The levels were all way off. I also eliminated that annoying little pop at the end of the Black Sabbath music.

The Whiplash music is so overdriven and clipped that it's unusable and I need the original music to fix it. Anyone know the specific track from the soundtrack that was used for that clip. Better yet, does anyone have that original music clip?

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from erak:

If anyone doesnt like the MB music.
1. Download pinball browser.
2. Download the code from sterns website.
3. Open that code in pinball browser
4. Click on the original mb music tracks and click export. Save them to desktop.
5. Open up the modified file with pinbrowser.
Find the custom mb track .
6. Click import. And pick the original track you exported from your desktop.
7 . Save to pinbrowser then USB and install code.
8. Yes, its that easy.
And if you want to play with volumes.
Export the track you want to edit the volume on.
Import that same track back to pinbrowser.
And it will let you adjust the volume before saving.

Indeed, and if you're patient, wait for me to do it for you. I assure you I won't be settling for any volume inconsistency or pops/crackles or poor timing.

#67 8 years ago

I tried to upload it my VE, I get software/hardware mismatch after all the code has uploaded. Never had a problem uploading code before, any ideas?

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

I tried to upload it my VE, I get software/hardware mismatch after all the code has uploaded. Never had a problem uploading code before, any ideas?

VE code is not the same as the regular version IM code....

***IGNORE THIS...I WAS WRONG***

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I tweaked the level of the "I am Iron Man" quote on mine and reimported a cleaner version of Shoot To Thrill with proper volume. The levels were all way off. I also eliminated that annoying little pop at the end of the Black Sabbath music.
The Whiplash music is so overdriven and clipped that it's unusable and I need the original music to fix it. Anyone know the specific track from the soundtrack that was used for that clip. Better yet, does anyone have that original music clip?

Wondering will this be made available to everyone once your finished ?

I would gladly donate for your efforts.

#70 8 years ago

That Whiplash MB track is Ivan's Demise on the Iron Man 2 Score.

Much cleaner now...

#71 8 years ago

Mine will be for VE code and I'll find a way to share. Donate to Oga83 via one of his pinball browser posts/links.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

VE code is not the same as the regular version IM code....

I'm running this code on a VE....so are others.

#73 8 years ago

I have been running this code on VE as well....

#74 8 years ago

Working fine on my VE as well. Really looking forward to the level fixes, many thanks to all parties for making this and sharing!

#75 8 years ago

Odd I thought the code was different....my bad....

#76 8 years ago

I'm running this code on my original IM and it seems to work just fine. Even though it says VE on boot up.

#77 8 years ago

I love the work Erak did for us. I've always wanted to add Howard/Cheadle (War Machine) clips as well as Nick Fury and Black Widow clips. Anyone think adding them in the game is worth the effort?

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I love the work Erak did for us. I've always wanted to add Howard/Cheadle (War Machine) clips as well as Nick Fury and Black Widow clips. Anyone think adding them in the game is worth the effort?

#79 8 years ago

Must be just me then, anyone else getting the "hardware/software mismatch" message?

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Must be just me then, anyone else getting the "hardware/software mismatch" message?

format your usb stick and re load the code on it and try again....had to do that with the MET code...

#81 8 years ago

Can't wait to try it out......hopefully someone will iron out the volume discrepancies.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

Can't wait to try it out......hopefully someone will iron out the volume discrepancies.

People must have different settings because mine is not that bad. One guy said War Machine was overloading his speakers???

#83 8 years ago

I just put this on my IMVE and the volumes were not bad. I didn't have to adjust anything on my game. I'm digging the new tunes. Very nice work.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

People must have different settings because mine is not that bad. One guy said War Machine was overloading his speakers???

Quoted from thadawkins:

I just put this on my IMVE and the volumes were not bad. I didn't have to adjust anything on my game. I'm digging the new tunes. Very nice work.

I installed the code and had my machine on the factory settings and it sounded pretty bad IMO. It might be because I play my games pretty loud. I usually have Iron Man at 44 volume. It's hooked up to an external sub. It sounds amazing with the standard code, but with this new code, it was waaaayyyy too loud and the levels just weren't right. I'll openly admit I'm an audio snob. I used to play regularly in a band and I can easily tell when a sound level or tone isn't correct. Some people don't notice things like that. I played one game with this hacked code and then reinstalled the original. Maybe it's not as noticeable if you don't play your game loud like I do.

Disclaimer: I mean no disrespect the creator of this code. It's pretty awesome that you made it and then made it public for people to use.

#85 8 years ago

I love the code. I would only ask Erak "kindly" if he could just lower the volume on the whiplash music a tad to make it more in unison
with the rest of the code. While I understand the dramatic effect, I think it should be more pleasing to the ears. No disrespect, great code
and I love it.. That is the only reason I may switch back to the prior code.

#86 8 years ago

Can you post your revised version?

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Can you post your revised version?

RobWinter - Yes.. What NJGecko said. Can you post your revised most awesome version?

#88 8 years ago

#89 8 years ago

PM me.

#90 8 years ago

I'm going to have to try this!

#91 8 years ago

I believe if you click on the link in post #7 and go to the Files tab, there is a "b" version of the file.
If not, PM me.

Quoted from Barakawins1:

RobWinter - Yes.. What NJGecko said. Can you post your revised most awesome version?

I'd like to try the updated version as well. The link just takes to the previous version and nothing different in files

#92 8 years ago

Great job with this, thanks for sharing guys

#93 8 years ago

Just installed. Need to verify first oddly. Anyway nice improvement, I recommend to all.

#94 8 years ago

This is a necessary finishing touch giving new excitement to the game which is "just awesome". Love it!

#95 8 years ago

Big props to (erak) for helping to start this and (Roberwinter) helping to tweak/adjust and even out the sound quality. Music and callouts play seamless together like it was a part of the original code. Kick ass work guys! Thank you!

#96 8 years ago

is this the updated version or am I doing something wrong?

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 9.29.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-09-29 at 9.29.55 PM.png

thanks for the hard work on this, much appreciated!

1 week later
#97 8 years ago

I wouldn't mind giving it a go, is there a link to download revised rom?

#98 8 years ago

I'd also be interested

2 months later
#99 8 years ago

Does anyone have the final version for a regular pro? Downloaded the 1.83 but call me crazy- it just seems to be lighter on the call outs. It's ok but would love an upgraded version. Got one for my BDK and love it. Willing to donate as well.
Jimmy

1 year later
#100 6 years ago

Can someone PM me a link that works, the one on the front page does not work anymore.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-man-code-with-shoot-to-thrill-and-iron-man-song-wanted/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.