im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #844 Iron Maiden Pin Song Listing Posted by TKDalumni (6 years ago)

Post #853 Playfield pictures - Pro Version Posted by Coolpinballdino (6 years ago)

Post #884 Link to Hi-res Feature Matrix PDF Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #928 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by flynnibus (6 years ago)

Post #1077 Link to about minute of gameplay from the livestream. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#317 6 years ago

This clip is the beginning of the wizard mode.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

I heard the pin is being based of "Book of Souls"...is this real?? I want old school like how MET did it!

THAT would suck. I can't imagine Stern would do that, especially when their new tour is focused on the classics.

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

When would the announcement be if they release it at this show? Have they announced other pins at this show in the past? (In other words, is this really happening?) Told my wife 5 or 6 years ago this would be the only pin i would buy new. She said sure, whatever.....

No idea on the time, I just heard it was the 28th a few weeks ago.

#381 6 years ago

THROUGH, Run Through the Milfs.

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

That's real funny , thanks for that !

One of my favorite comedy bits. He really sells it.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Good bit, but I must have missed the Maiden?

Misheard song lyrics is the point of the bit.

Run to the Hills ->Run Through the Milfs made me think of it.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

The rumor I heard somewhere (don't remember exactly where now) was that Trudeau's design was totally scraped and that Gomez himself was doing Trudeau's game/theme. Now if Trudeau was on Iron Maiden or not I don't know. But if so, then Keith's game isn't Iron Maiden.

Speaking of Trudeau, his trial is getting closer. After a ton of continuations, it looks like a trial date will be set in April.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I wonder if this “licensing” issue might be related to the Hallowec by thy name song’s pending lawsuit. It is widely believed to be maidens best song and a big time fan favorite. The game might easily have been designed around this song as a major part of the theme and the litigation started after when this game design would have been pretty far along if not finished

Doubt it. They can remove the song and replace it later if they're using it at all. Wouldn't affect a reveal without it. Probably more like art approvals for cabinets, backglass, etc. Whatever it is, if they miss TPF because of it, another Stern opportunity will be blown.

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Kids react to Iron Maiden:

Gives me hope for the Rock resurgence.

"[Aces High] Sounds like the Pokémon theme song..." is my favorite comment from one of the girls.

The fact that one girl says "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is the best song is also heartening.

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're talking about a machine that in best case scenario the main playfield toy will probably be an Eddie bobblehead and you want all that!!?

They need to get their money back from the mountains of Groot laying around unsold. So probably a giant Groot head wrapped up to look like eddie that eats balls.

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Mustang is pretty damn fun. It’s a good game, and the theme doesn’t bother me at all, I just don’t understand why Stern felt compelled to make it. $ from Ford I guess?

Wasn't it supposed to be a Fast and Furious pin and the license fell through?

#559 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Leaked pic! Here it is!

You gave me a heart attack. I thought it was Ghostbusters crappy backglass art all over again...

#563 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That wasn't crappy...
...it just...
...well,...
...Zombie Yeti is a great artist but he's not good doing portraits.

Yes, his human faces are atrocious on that Ghostbusters, especially Bill Murray and Sigourney Weaver's. Love his art style in general, but he's better suited to exaggerated/cartoony caricature faces if he has to include humans in the art.

#570 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Let's see yours...

I'm not an artist - duh - but I know a messed-up face when I see one. I have eyes. I don't know why people think this is so controversial. You can be a fantastic artist who just can't do human faces well. He's not alone, it's not a big deal. I'm sure I'm not telling him anything he doesn't know.

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Roy Parker couldn’t do hands and fingers. Seriously check those old games out sometimes lots of hands that look like they got stuck in a blender.

He got better over time, but yeesh, some of those early women have mannish, freakish hands. Like this one:

roy_parker_woman's_hand (resized).jpgroy_parker_woman's_hand (resized).jpg

#575 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Not sure but i think he meant he wanted a pic of your messed up face

That would make no sense.

1 week later
#626 6 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

i think the public desires has put stern in a no win situation. If the pin is ready it would be nice to announce it. If it is not ready don't announce anything. But the public will wonder why. I would rather see a game in a presentable state than rushing out something to make people happy. maybe a teaser would be nice. but here is the thing. even if they do announce it people will cry about the code before anyone even plays it. so maybe the best thing they can do is to show off their coders and the commitment to making current games better and then moving forward the games coming will have better code to start with.

And do NOT have Gomez announce it. His reputation is mud in the promises department.

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I agree as well. I sold a pin to make sure I had cash for Maiden back when the rumors were hot. Now, thats totally on me and I don't regret it either way... but here I sit with a pocket of pinball cash. Heading to TPF tomorrow and there will be a ton of things to throw it at. If I knew Maiden was coming I'd just wait for it. But maybe its not coming. Maybe ACNC, JPPirates, Houdini or Kingpin should get that cash.

Kingpin's still quite a ways out from the sound of it, but jjPotC or Houdini, for sure. Houdini is strong out of the gate. Really impressive first effort.

#646 6 years ago

"Maybe in April" or "April, I think"

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipsMcgee:

So, like, this is happening? Or maybe kinda? Or almost somewhat ehhh?

According to Gomez yesterday, "maybe in April" and then "April, I think."

So close, but April isn't a lock.

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Did he specifically confirm Maiden, or just say the next game is maybe April? Unusual to specifically confirm a title ahead of time but would be great if he did.

He kept saying "Titanium Man" <wink wink>. Then someone asked him about Iron Maiden release because they were too dense to get what he had been saying literally all seminar and his answer was about "Titanium Man" AND Iron Maiden, so confirmed maybe April, or maybe not, but soon. This IS Gomez we're talking about, so blindly believing anything he says about timelines or features is bound to disappoint.

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

So is it coming or not?

"maybe in April" and then "April, I think."

1 week later
#797 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

For the GOTG reveal last year, Stern made no mention of the coder right through the ship date. Early buyers had to discover this critical detail upon delivery of their pins. Not cool. Chris Franchi's art sold that pin, along with the assumption that a Borg layout would be backed up by solid code. People were mistaken/disappointed.

Stern will never hype up Lonnie code because it's about as vanilla as it comes, and he rarely continues improving it over time.

#803 6 years ago

Well, chances are good Stern won't bother - again - to disclose the coder in this case, as there is no celebrity factor to Mr. Naegele. Or not that I know of. Lyman Sheats' involvement, on the other hand, can sell a title as well as any designer.
I would love to know what Lyman and Borg are up to, or Ritchie for that matter.

Deadpool seems like a very Borg-ish title. Is the designer for it known NOT to be Borg?

#807 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Lets speculate LE numbers ?
500 ?
666 ?
700 ?
1000 ?
Other ?
My guess is 700
Some lucky pinhead will score 666
Perhaps that one is reserved for the band ?

666 makes absolutely the most sense for Iron Maiden LE run. That will go to a bandmember, for sure. No mortal has a chance at it.

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Too bad it still has the travesty that is SPIKE

Spike 2. Where the power budget is so tight, adding a single mod can damage the machine - G. Gomez 2018.

#994 6 years ago

Can't believe they didn't go for the obvious and make 666 LEs. They could have had 166 more expensive LEs sold and EVERYONE would have given them a pass on the quantity because for Iron Maiden, the number is a natural.

Maybe they'll wake up and fix it.

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I've had ZERO issues with my spike 2 games....

Luck will eventually run out. You just need more exposure.

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Stern left money on the table. 666 LE’s would have sold before the stroke of midnight

Two...minutes before, no doubt.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Sparky posted a link to a one minute clip of the stream over “next new stern title thread” page 28. It’s better than nothing hahah. I missed it also.

It's also linked from the key post index at the top of the pages in that thread.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Is there a stream for this already? Looked at the Dead Flip twitch channel and nothing there.

There's a link in the key post listing at the top of the page, but it's only to a small lower-res segment someone captured of the stream.

EDIT: Whoops. Guess the link was in another thread. I'll post it here, too. About a minute of gameplay from the stream. It's lower-res than the stream was, but you can get the idea:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg12rI0nC4p/

#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You guys know that the same programs that capture your other streams, capture the live pinball streams, right?
You are not helpless.

I don't think anyone thought it wouldn't be posted later so no one bothered to capture it locally.

#1109 6 years ago

** Decoding the Matrix: Premium Features **
Does anyone want to take a shot at "motorized sarcophagus ball-lock mechanism"?
Like, the "sarcophagus" in the Pro is the Newton ball, yes? How could that be re-purposed as a lock? Something tells me the lock is elsewhere.
Or how about "motorized guardian reveals Pharaoh's Tomb entrance"? Where is the tomb entrance, BTW?
Or "interactive RGBeacon chase light"? Do these lights "chase" balls along ramps, across the PF? I'm lost.
Any/all stabs welcome.

Breakdown here using the Archer playfield video:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/34#post-4309020

#1112 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Did you listen to Keith's interview yet?

Yes. But I don't think that changes the motorized Sarcophagus ball lock.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looking at the layout, looks like this game might have longer ball times maybe?

I dunno. The stream made the gameplay look REALLY fast, so ball control could be a challenge.

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ummm Ghostbusters was loved upon reveal also. Pretty much every Donnie or Zombie Yeti game is that way at first.

Ehhh. The backglass was NOT universally loved at reveal. And there was a leak WAY before reveal to soften the blow. Also some of the art package choices between Pro/Prem/LE were not universally loved, either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.