im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #844 Iron Maiden Pin Song Listing Posted by TKDalumni (6 years ago)

Post #853 Playfield pictures - Pro Version Posted by Coolpinballdino (6 years ago)

Post #884 Link to Hi-res Feature Matrix PDF Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #928 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by flynnibus (6 years ago)

Post #1077 Link to about minute of gameplay from the livestream. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#727 6 years ago

** Stern's Typical Reveal Timeline, Anyone? **

I know we went through this with GOTG only last year, but do veteran Pinsiders have a better sense than I as to the timing of the reveal sequence?

Today there is a teaser trailer on Facebook, but how soon after will there be "leaked" images of the PF? I'm assuming Stern has all this publicity designed and there is nothing random about it.

Did the GOTG reveal begin with a teaser like this, too, and if so, how long after that did images of prototype machines appear from Stern?

Thanks.

#731 6 years ago

** Speculations on Designer/Coder, Please **

I realize no announcement has been made re: layout design or code credit for Iron Maiden, but would Pinsiders care to speculate based on timing and whatever evidence there might be?

I did see S. Ritchie trash-talking Iron Maiden not long ago, so I'm assuming he hasn't designed this layout. Or has he? I mean, technically his pen has been sheathed since he designed SW, and that must have been eighteen months ago now. I am quietly hoping that G. Gomez was too busy with BM66 to have been involved here. (No offense.) My suspicion is that, to Stern, J. Borg is the go-to designer for music-themed pins, but was he available so soon after GOTG? I would think not. Honestly, the timing suggests Ritchie/Sheats - which would be stupendous - but Ritchie said publicly that even hearing Iron Maiden music peripherally is unpleasant.

And what coder might have been in line for this title? Did Sheats have enough time after BM66 to take this on? Or what about Dwight Sullivan?

With all due respect to the coders that brought us GOTG, I will be a lot less keen on Iron Maiden if coders other than Sheats or Sullivan are leading the charge here.

For the GOTG reveal last year, Stern made no mention of the coder right through the ship date. Early buyers had to discover this critical detail upon delivery of their pins. Not cool. Chris Franchi's art sold that pin, along with the assumption that a Borg layout would be backed up by solid code. People were mistaken/disappointed.

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Keith Elwin designed and has also done the rules that someone will code.

Say what?

For real?

Uber-champion Keith Elwin moonlights as a pin designer? I had no idea!

Is this his first outing? I've never heard of another design of his, so I'm assuming it is.

It stands to reason that an Elwin design would be hard, or hard enough to keep Keith interested and therefore very hard for the rest of us.

I will be very curious to see what a man who has played countless machines and won countless tournaments will design into his very own layout.

Thanks for cluing me in. I am quite surprised. Truly!

#753 6 years ago

These are available elsewhere on Pinside, but I'm posting them here for readers who haven't yet seen them.

Could this be the foundation for Iron Maiden's layout?

Archer.layout (resized).jpgArcher.layout (resized).jpg

#755 6 years ago

I'm encouraged, frankly.

This layout looks dope.

I'm confused, though, by the "Borg" shot through the pops. Like, is that the left ramp? My gosh, a ramp shot through pops? That's hard! I *may* also see a "Warp Ramp" of sorts involving the third flipper and the inner loop. It also has no bash toys, which for me is a plus. Watching the gameplay clip, it's hard to make out the upper PF. It seems to be concentrated in the upper third of the table, leaving a big swath of space above the flippers, not unlike SW Pro. What I can't see is the purpose of the fourth, diminutive flipper, but hey, the more the merrier when it comes to flippers. My concern would be "Eddie." Where will he go and how intrusive will he be? Making him a bash toy would be disrespectful, I would think, and there for a no-no. At least we know he won't be a ball lock like Groot!

Stern should be counting its blessings that Elwin offered up his layout for a last-minute redesign after J. Trudeau had to step down, etc.

I care very little about the theme of this (or any) pin; I'm all about gameplay and rules. As long as G. Gomez doesn't insist on applying his own personal stamp to this project, I'm going to remain hopeful.

Still, there is the matter of coding, and trusting the rookie Naegele to do it for Elwin seems dicey.

J

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a "Lawlor shot."

I see your point; NGG and RBION have similar shots, although neither is a true ramp shot. Still, if this layout diagram is legit, this would have to be the first ramp entrance that splits the pops.

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern will never hype up Lonnie code because it's about as vanilla as it comes, and he rarely continues improving it over time.

<snip>

#802 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern will never hype up Lonnie code because it's about as vanilla as it comes, and he rarely continues improving it over time.

Well, chances are good Stern won't bother - again - to disclose the coder in this case, as there is no celebrity factor to Mr. Naegele. Or not that I know of. Lyman Sheats' involvement, on the other hand, can sell a title as well as any designer.

I would love to know what Lyman and Borg are up to, or Ritchie for that matter.

#815 6 years ago

If there is a reveal this morning, where will it go down?

Sternpinball.com?

Stern's Facebook page?

Dead Flip?

#862 6 years ago

I foresee the "Congo" ramp shot has the potential to be a problem.

Every miss will have the ball in the pops, and a ball in the pops is an occupied/delayed ball. I don't particularly want to wait for my ball to escape the pops every time I miss my ramp shot. And that shot is *tight*.

Maybe Congo owners can speak to this.

#870 6 years ago

My hunch is the launch ramp (center) will be articulated/hinged (a la TWD's Bicycle Girl), offering a shot underneath.

#880 6 years ago

Who can recall how soon after the initial reveal of GOTG did we get the Premium/LE reveal?

Will it be days from now, accompanied by photos?

I can't find any info on the versions and their distinctions, one from the other.

#1038 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can see the stream from Twitch today as a video clip?

My feeble computer couldn't stream well at all, but I would still love to see gamaplay.

I'm searching on Twitch but see nothing.

Thanks.

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Sparky posted a link to a one minute clip of the stream over “next new stern title thread” page 28. It’s better than nothing hahah. I missed it also.

Thank you!

This is helpful, Mac.

J

#1054 6 years ago

Street price for a Pro, anyone?

One distributor I emailed wrote to me saying $5.6K, but is that street price or lowest-publishable price? They are different.

Thanks.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

Well, the good news is I received an email today and it said code is about finished on the game and the goal is even the pros shipping overseas in two weeks will be shipping with 1.0

Pros will ship to Europe beginning in two weeks?

Will they need two solid weeks to get them out?

Does that mean domestic orders will ship in one month from now?

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

<snip>The street price as you're calling it which is unilateral is all but gone on this model. Minimum advertised and Street have basically become equal across the board.<snip>

And why is that? Is that jargon for a price increase? (Not trying to be smart here.)

#1094 6 years ago

** Archive of the Dead Flip Stream, Anyone? **

Does anyone know of any gameplay clips other than this thirty-second Instagram post?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg12rI0nC4p/

Thanks.

#1108 6 years ago

** Decoding the Matrix: Premium Features **

Does anyone want to take a shot at "motorized sarcophagus ball-lock mechanism"?

Like, the "sarcophagus" in the Pro is the Newton ball, yes? How could that be re-purposed as a lock? Something tells me the lock is elsewhere.

Or how about "motorized guardian reveals Pharaoh's Tomb entrance"? Where is the tomb entrance, BTW?

Or "interactive RGBeacon chase light"? Do these lights "chase" balls along ramps, across the PF? I'm lost.

Any/all stabs welcome.

#1111 6 years ago

Ah! You're way ahead of me!

Thanks.

I do see the motorized sarcophagus now, among others.

Cool!

Quoted from BoJo:

Did you listen to Keith's interview yet?

No, but I'd like to.

Can you steer me that way?

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jason_jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden?tu=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.