im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #844 Iron Maiden Pin Song Listing Posted by TKDalumni (6 years ago)

Post #853 Playfield pictures - Pro Version Posted by Coolpinballdino (6 years ago)

Post #884 Link to Hi-res Feature Matrix PDF Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #928 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by flynnibus (6 years ago)

Post #1077 Link to about minute of gameplay from the livestream. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

Gary has been checking with the european market what rock bands are popular. He was given the answer metallica, acdc, kiss and iron maiden amongst others.

High chance judging by what bands currently have been getting a pin

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from cmndr-brain:

Good. Sell the license to Jersey Jack.

Hmmm difficult personal decision. I would love jjp doing IM as long as it is not woz or hobbit layout/feel and i believe they would make it a beautiful game with respect to the band, theme and music, but i dont want that insane price tag that comes along with jjp games... i have just as much fun with stern games.

#17 6 years ago

I am pretty sure stern is working on this.. only issue being if it was JT doing this. But stern screws up most marketing opportunities, so why start being political correct now and ditch the whole game because of JT, instead of removing his name from it?

#19 6 years ago

Well yeah sure, id take a borg rehash as long as it is im, instead of never being made. But i personally really dig trudeaus bold designs. Some hit n miss, but at least he dares to try out new stuff, an ability lacking among many designers. Too bad he is most probably f****d in his head....:/

#21 6 years ago

At least in europe(and south america according to several of their tour documentaries) iron maiden are huge. So its hard to imagine it wont sell... also compared to metallica and acdc, im has a lot more of the visual trademarks when it comes to eddie and the artwork. Hnnnnng. Get it made!

#28 6 years ago

Last time I checked, changing the original quote calls for moderation! Bon jovi, f**k off.
ForceFlow

1 week later
#60 6 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Maiden can't hold a candle to Priest. NO contest. 'Bout time for Maiden to add a 4th guitar and another drummer, like it would help..............not.

Lol what an ignorant uninformed douche =)

3 weeks later
#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just start doing it. It will become something like SIM eventually

something like what?

2 weeks later
#186 6 years ago

Like all the buzz star wars did also not have when stern did not manage to release the news on star wars day?

Its just the quiet b4 the storm. Iron maidens gonna get aaaaaaaall of you!!!!

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

run to the hills hurry up.

Haha I can imagine this..repeating the build up before the last chorus in an infinite loop until you cash it in

1 week later
#240 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’ll take a Vic Rattlehead and Megadeth theme any day over IM, but that’s me. Iron Maiden used to be my favorite band, when I was in middle school. Really don’t care for their new shit and you can bet the music will have a lot of new shit.

Actually I really dont think so, most of what they do besides making the occational new album is usually based around classic tracks, along with maybe some new. I dont know what you mean with new shit, but Ill assume everything from 2001 and onwards, and from there I would assume...wicker man maybe.

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

AVOID all recordings of Blaze when Bruce temporarily left the band (Virtual XI and The X Factor).

On that i dont agree. I would rather avoid Dianno and hear those songs live with bruce, or the '88 versions.
But, dont start with xfactor and futureal albums first.

What got me into maiden when i was young was four songs they had on the soundtrack to the pc game carmageddon 2. Aces high, man on the edge, trooper, be quick or be dead. At that time i didnt hear it was two different vocalists. Although later i of course heard. But there are some good songs with blaze.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is this the same lead singer?
Iron Maiden - Live Wacken 2016

Yes! Aged with style and a above average rockstar healthy lifestyle i would guess =)

#264 6 years ago

SIM: stern iron maiden

The old one can be just "the old one"

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The original guy has aged well too.

Healthwise not so good.. he has been struggling with a lot of things due to drugs and alcohol. Along with 70 % of the rock stars

#293 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

By the look of him, he could still kick his replacements ass.

Lol yeah no when i see current footage of bruce and dianno, i cant really see how dianno kicks more ass.

But, dianno has a really good solo song, the living dead. Check it out, great prrformance!

#302 6 years ago

All said, i will be happy with any song from any album for this pin, as long as the rules and gameplay is great! Despite being a maiden fan from youth, im just not sure if i can go for an LE. Lots of cash for maybe very little. We shall see. If stern should bump up the LE features then maybe =)

Btw, judging by archer design.. that would make it four flipper, lots of loops/orbits and a.... center spinner?

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm guessing there is no way they could make a respectable Iron Maiden game without tracks with both singers, so it will probably have something for everybody. Redoing tracks off the first two albums without Di'Anno would be lame.

Well, I would prefer these over the original any day

Iron Maiden - Prowler 88

Iron Maiden -Charlotte the harlot 88

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from xplorer:

Well..Di'Anno...
» YouTube video

Haha that is quite epic

But, I think it is great that vocalists who have formerly performed with big acts, continue their musical interest, I just prefer it when they try to create something new and their own, instead of just being a tribute-version of the existing band.

I think Blaze Bayley has been real determined when it comes to this, and its perfectly fine with having some maiden songs in a live set, as long as it consists mainly of their own songs. I consider the first three Blaze albums almost like a trilogy: Silicon messiah, Tenth Dimension, Blood and belief.
After that he had to get new musicians, rebranded his artist name to Blaze Bayley, and they released two albums The man who would not die & promise and terror. Okay albums, but I really dont like the mix and sound.

I wont even talk about "God of metal". But now he is back with a new trilogy of albums, which consists of some good songs and many "okay" songs, but at least he has found something that works together with his voice and it is at least following a concept.

Ironically, one of the best song with Blaze Bayley is a song he had guest vocals on in my opinion, by Sinnergod:

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow! Even drunk as a skunk, he still has a better voice than the new guy.

Lol alright, hello mr troll

On another account, you buying the maiden pin regardless of songs/theme direction?

#356 6 years ago

I am convinced Maiden would never base a pinball entirely off one album, especially not a newer "non-classic" album. They never do Even on the new album tour they include lots of classics. So I would not worry about THAT =)

#377 6 years ago

Ive heard april. So, who knows.. they had a booth booked at star wars or scifi convention last year which would have been a good timing but if i recall they never shows up.

Still, hoping for sooner rather than later!

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Think Deep Root will hire him no matter the outcome?

haha wouldnt surprise me
"hey, he can still draw layouts from prison"!

#392 6 years ago

Well, it is 3PM here, and still no announcement. Looks bad for 28th

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Show hasnt opened yet in Vegas

Its hard to so many hours ahead

But, has Stern ever revealed a game at a show? Havent they always just blurped out the news on facebook, not really in timing with any specific show?

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You live in the wrong time zone. Sorry!!

Oh I know I believe we are like..6 hours ahead or something.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Right now I am really cold on it as it may be Book of Souls and a homebrew design that I have yet to read anything enthusiastic about?

I would 98 % not be worried about it being TBoS songs only. It *might* be a little more emphasis on that art, but still I doubt it. Iron Maiden knows what the majority of the fans wants, judging by what they release as merchandise and other toys.

Regarding Archer layout (if it is not the un-troodoo'd design) I believe it will be great, due to Keith Elwin being the best pinball player in the world, and assume he has a good feel for what shots are difficult, what are easy, and how to balance those out. From a tournament perspective.

#412 6 years ago

So next possibility is TPF in mid march?

#421 6 years ago

Also it might be that they never intended to show anything now

#501 6 years ago

Or it could be an iron monger ish eddie: bash the gravestone enough times to raise eddievas a live after death bash toy

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This would be b'dass.

I would prefer that over groot head eddie

#527 6 years ago

But, i wont completely rule out that legacy of the beast is the overall theme of the pin.

#583 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I wonder if they'll put an actual Iron Maiden in the game, as a toy, it opens up and there's Eddie inside covered in blood.

Doubtful, afaik they have never made a visual reference to the medieval torture device.

#585 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Torture? I think it would be a pretty short torture.
Slam door.
Dead.

Be that as it may, it is still defined as a torture device.

#588 6 years ago

Hmm. From Gomez upcoming presentation, or fake news? :O

1 week later
#730 6 years ago

Yep, tuesday, at least for the pro.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Correct thread for this
Too many damn threads, lol
Watching some video to try and warm to the idea of LotB based
Man, just doesn't do it for me
I guess it could still be okay, as long as Eddie, no going Aaaahhhhhh like a girl, WTF is that ?
Still hard to believe my dream theme may be ruined.
Here's hoping all turns out well on Tuesday.
Up the Irons !
» YouTube video

Just curious, since im sure many feel the same way as you.. how WOULD you wznt it to be, realistically? Would a safe kiss/aero clone with big eddie bashtoy and another eddie toy with arrow modes for each classic song be adequate? Also with lcd how should they implement it to work with vodeos? Its tricky, they have lots of videos and live concert dvds/blu rays, but i dont even know how to implement it in best way.

So i think the whole LoTB makes sense in that presents a complete thorough concept both story, art and music wise.

#767 6 years ago

Although not the original artwork, still the art portraid in the comics are not bad per ce. But that brings it more over into a comic book look machine tho.

https://ironmaiden.com/comic

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.50
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Edenecho.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden?tu=Edenecho and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.