IMFL (resized).png
115646FD-F806-4E1D-9ACA-5D62CAC9CAF2 (resized).jpeg
im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Was Elwin on Deadpool originally and then switched over to Maiden when Trudeau left?

Timeline fits. Elwin joined Stern March 2017 and by that time Trudeau already was into the Maiden design. So this could be the first time a designer could have back to back releases if that's how things shake out. It's a mere coincidence Keith had a design ready to "rock and roll" you could say.
From what I've seen of Deadpool there are some things that standout as trademarks of Gomez, don't know for sure but I'd say Elwin and Gomez collaborated on that taking on a new hire and an apprentice but don't know as fact.

There are plenty at Stern that read the forums here. I'm sure they are loving this thread.

Keith is an asset to Stern both design and code wise. Kudos to them !

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

There are plenty at Stern that read the forums here. I'm sure they are loving this thread.

I was hoping somebody might be paying attention.

#353 6 years ago

Correct thread for set list

The Trooper
Run to the hills
Can I Play with madness
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed be thy name
Wasted years
Fear of the dark
Wrathchild
Seventh son of a seventh son
Power slave
+ a couple of tracks from the new albums +a couple of bonus live tracks

Jukebox with interactive LCD would be awesome
Something new and innovative perhaps ? Not just playing film clips, mind you I wouldn't say no to some choice clips ?

Must have top audio system ! The technology is available for small inexpensive hardware that put out great sound
Don't cheap out on the audio please.

#354 6 years ago

If so can we have an Ash vs Evil dead pin please Stern. Classic films, hilarious spin off series, some hilarious call outs, perfect theme for a LCD pinball....

Ps Maiden will be epic, but why limit yourselves to 12 or so songs like the other band led games? If you have the licence then why not make it epic with a vast selection? Instead of a song from an album have a selection of 5 songs from that album? Milk that licence for all its worth fellas and keep us Maiden fans happy!

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I love Book of Souls, but if this pin is "based" on that, it changes everything. No more insta-buy. Hopefully a terrible rumor.

Fake news.

Some podcast rumors are spot on and others are fake news.

#356 6 years ago

I am convinced Maiden would never base a pinball entirely off one album, especially not a newer "non-classic" album. They never do Even on the new album tour they include lots of classics. So I would not worry about THAT =)

#357 6 years ago

1st ball opening song - The Prisoner!

Quoted from RA77:

Correct thread for set list
The Trooper
Run to the hills
Can I Play with madness
2 Minutes to Midnight
Hallowed be thy name
Wasted years
Fear of the dark
Wrathchild
Seventh son of a seventh son
Power slave
+ a couple of tracks from the new albums +a couple of bonus live tracks
Jukebox with interactive LCD would be awesome
Something new and innovative perhaps ? Not just playing film clips, mind you I wouldn't say no to some choice clips ?
Must have top audio system ! The technology is available for small inexpensive hardware that put out great sound
Don't cheap out on the audio please.

#358 6 years ago

Super quiet here. I hear from friends that listen to podcasts that this is getting revealed any day at some festival? Should I believe what I hear?

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Super quiet here. I hear from friends that listen to podcasts that this is getting revealed any day at some festival? Should I believe what I hear?

Maybe they are talking about TPF? I would think it will be revealed between now and then which is before mid-March.

#360 6 years ago

Some Las Vegas show something like that.
I sure hope Prowler is 1st track. Probably not I know, but here's to happenstance

#361 6 years ago

First track off first album gotta be there.

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Some Las Vegas show something like that.
I sure hope Prowler is 1st track. Probably not I know, but here's to happenstance

They are talking about Amusement Expo, which starts on Wednesday.
http://www.amusementexpo.org

#363 6 years ago

Uh oh, Road trip to Vegas!!!

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

They are talking about Amusement Expo, which starts on Wednesday.
http://www.amusementexpo.org

It looks like Stern and IFPA are sharing a booth space. That is interesting.

#365 6 years ago

Its almost here boys, get your $$$ ready!

9A2C1AB7-0EF6-4F8B-98B1-3494FB372848 (resized).jpeg9A2C1AB7-0EF6-4F8B-98B1-3494FB372848 (resized).jpeg

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Been ready for a long time !

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I saw this tour in the fall of 84. Twisted Sister opened for them. That was and still is one of the best shows I've ever seen! Can't wait to see what Stern will do with this theme.

#368 6 years ago

I feel like a little kid on Christmas waiting for this game.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Keith is an asset to Stern both design and code wise. Kudos to them !

Is Keith a coder? If so, I'd never seen it mentioned prior.

Do you mean rules rather than code?

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I feel like a little kid on Christmas waiting for this game.

I just ordered a MET Premium because i know that they probably wont be made much longer and its a great game. The code being complete also is a reason that i wanted it, but theres a good chance that Maiden will be one of my future games also. I have a feeling that Iron Maiden is going to be a great great pin when it comes out.

#371 6 years ago

When would the announcement be if they release it at this show? Have they announced other pins at this show in the past? (In other words, is this really happening?) Told my wife 5 or 6 years ago this would be the only pin i would buy new. She said sure, whatever.....

#372 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

When would the announcement be if they release it at this show? Have they announced other pins at this show in the past? (In other words, is this really happening?) Told my wife 5 or 6 years ago this would be the only pin i would buy new. She said sure, whatever.....

No idea on the time, I just heard it was the 28th a few weeks ago.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Is Keith a coder? If so, I'd never seen it mentioned prior.
Do you mean rules rather than code?

Rules.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I might be making up history, but...

I think GB was announced 1 week before the show in 2016, and was playable at the show.

I think Aerosmith was announced earlier Jan 2017, but was playable at the show.

#375 6 years ago

Keith rules? We may just find out soon enough.

#376 6 years ago

I would think if it was going to be shown at the show tomorrow, there would have been an announcement or at least pics of the cabs already? They usually give some little hints before its shown. If they announce it tomorrow and show pics of cab art, then i would think they will have the game ready for play at TPF since its a couple weeks away.

#377 6 years ago

Ive heard april. So, who knows.. they had a booth booked at star wars or scifi convention last year which would have been a good timing but if i recall they never shows up.

Still, hoping for sooner rather than later!

#378 6 years ago

Sorry all but it's based off Bruce singing with Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull...

#379 6 years ago
#380 6 years ago

Run to the Milfs

#381 6 years ago

THROUGH, Run Through the Milfs.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

» YouTube video

That's real funny , thanks for that !

#383 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

That's real funny , thanks for that !

One of my favorite comedy bits. He really sells it.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

» YouTube video

Good bit, but I must have missed the Maiden?

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Good bit, but I must have missed the Maiden?

Misheard song lyrics is the point of the bit.

Run to the Hills ->Run Through the Milfs made me think of it.

#386 6 years ago

The rumor I heard somewhere (don't remember exactly where now) was that Trudeau's design was totally scraped and that Gomez himself was doing Trudeau's game/theme. Now if Trudeau was on Iron Maiden or not I don't know. But if so, then Keith's game isn't Iron Maiden.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

The rumor I heard somewhere (don't remember exactly where now) was that Trudeau's design was totally scraped and that Gomez himself was doing Trudeau's game/theme. Now if Trudeau was on Iron Maiden or not I don't know. But if so, then Keith's game isn't Iron Maiden.

Keith is Iron Maiden, Keith rocks

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Speaking of Trudeau, his trial is getting closer. After a ton of continuations, it looks like a trial date will be set in April.

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Speaking of Trudeau, his trial is getting closer. After a ton of continuations, it looks like a trial date will be set in April.

Think Deep Root will hire him no matter the outcome?

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Think Deep Root will hire him no matter the outcome?

haha wouldnt surprise me
"hey, he can still draw layouts from prison"!

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

haha wouldnt surprise me
"hey, he can still draw layouts from prison"!

Another Kingpin?

#392 6 years ago

Well, it is 3PM here, and still no announcement. Looks bad for 28th

#393 6 years ago

Show hasnt opened yet in Vegas

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Show hasnt opened yet in Vegas

Its hard to so many hours ahead

But, has Stern ever revealed a game at a show? Havent they always just blurped out the news on facebook, not really in timing with any specific show?

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Well, it is 3PM here, and still no announcement. Looks bad for 28th

You live in the wrong time zone. Sorry!!

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Its hard to so many hours ahead
But, has Stern ever revealed a game at a show? Havent they always just blurped out the news on facebook, not really in timing with any specific show?

WWE

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You live in the wrong time zone. Sorry!!

Oh I know I believe we are like..6 hours ahead or something.

#398 6 years ago

Got a question for you guys.

When Scott started to show TA around we all lost our mind over how cool it was, that is how I learned about the pins existence in the first place. I do not get to go to shows but those of you who did, you came back to Pinside and shared with the rest of us just how killer TA shot. And that was in whitewood state. EVERYONE down to Stern employees wanted to see this pin in production.

I read on other homebrews, Doom for example. Read the feedback and about the excitement.

Now about Archer. There are many Youtube videos etc. Hence the game must have been doing shows etc for a while.
But what about the game? I never read on here about it being a killer whitewood, there never seemed to be hype? And that has me concerned.

What does that mean for IronMaiden? Right now I am really cold on it as it may be Book of Souls and a homebrew design that I have yet to read anything enthusiastic about?

Please share, right now I know next to nothing about Archer and the Youtube videos did nothing for me.

#399 6 years ago

My opinion is that the game will be revealed at or a couple of days before TPF with some playable there.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Right now I am really cold on it as it may be Book of Souls and a homebrew design that I have yet to read anything enthusiastic about?

I would 98 % not be worried about it being TBoS songs only. It *might* be a little more emphasis on that art, but still I doubt it. Iron Maiden knows what the majority of the fans wants, judging by what they release as merchandise and other toys.

Regarding Archer layout (if it is not the un-troodoo'd design) I believe it will be great, due to Keith Elwin being the best pinball player in the world, and assume he has a good feel for what shots are difficult, what are easy, and how to balance those out. From a tournament perspective.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.