IMFL (resized).png
115646FD-F806-4E1D-9ACA-5D62CAC9CAF2 (resized).jpeg
im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Rumors now saying JT was on the Beatles.

On the JT interview on This Flippin' Podcast around the time of GB release, he made reference to the next game that he was working on with ZY being (paraphrasing) "something a little darker and grittier than what he's used to" - that doesn't exactly sound like The Beatles.

(not necessary to link Helter Skelter or Side 4 of The White Album)

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Getting closer and closer to pinside being $10 richer

By Stern releasing a Luci VE?

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

By Stern releasing a Luci VE?

You know Iron Maiden is coming

Feb/March this year for sure!

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stern releasing a Luci VE?

Well, they were pretty smart releasing the regular premium VE first.

#155 6 years ago

Jason Rufer said IM is right around the corner. Doesn't he work for Stern?

#156 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No, he has a secret inside source that stern can't figure out who it is.

#157 6 years ago

i am excited! they best put flight of icarus.

#158 6 years ago

My guess is Icarus won't be on there. Just finished Bruces book and he brings that song up. Steve wanted it one way and Bruce wanted it another. Bruces version won - and because of that they haven't played it live in 20 years. In the end Steve is the boss.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

My guess is Icarus won't be on there. Just finished Bruces book and he brings that song up. Steve wanted it one way and Bruce wanted it another. Bruces version won - and because of that they haven't played it live in 20 years. In the end Steve is the boss.

Steve is the boss, he’s the only that’s been there through every incarnation of the band, his idea, his goals. He kept the band going through the lean years

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

why doesnt bruce like that song? didnt know they have not played it in 20 years wow.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

why doesnt bruce like that song? didnt know they have not played it in 20 years wow.

I think he meant Steve won’t play it

Although it just occurred to me that it’s on Live After Death, which is the tour AFTER the album Icarus is on. They had plenty of songs by then so it must have been included on purpose

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I think he meant Steve won’t play it
Although it just occurred to me that it’s on Live After Death, which is the tour AFTER the album Icarus is on. They had plenty of songs by then so it must have been included on purpose

ok yaeh thanks. yeah it is on live after.
if i could go with one theme album from maiden to the whole machine in i think 7th son would be a sweet theme. next powerslave, then POM.
POM and 7th are my 2 fav albums for tunes. but in all its gonna be a surprise what they will do. i hope its amazing. i am getting so pumped. told my distro put in for LE today.

#163 6 years ago

Baseless prediction: Number of the beast multiball. Each lock is a 6, the song starts right at the scream before it gets fast.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

ok yaeh thanks. yeah it is on live after.
if i could go with one theme album from maiden to the whole machine in i think 7th son would be a sweet theme. next powerslave, then POM.
POM and 7th are my 2 fav albums for tunes. but in all its gonna be a surprise what they will do. i hope its amazing. i am getting so pumped. told my distro put in for LE today.

I don’t “have” a distro. How would one get on the LE list? I assume just call around and see who has unfilled spots for the “next” Stern?

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I don’t “have” a distro. How would one get on the LE list? I assume just call around and see who has unfilled spots for the “next” Stern?

yeah. im sure there are plenty spots. it hasnt been announced official yet right? but im sure most distros will put your name down now.

#166 6 years ago

I called my distributor a year ago when I first heard the rumor of this. Then I called him back last week to remind him I’m instantly in on an LE fingers crossed hoping this is real. Iron maiden is the greatest live act of all time therefore all the music should be from live after death!

#167 6 years ago

Sorry for being a douche but is it possible to name Iron Maiden IMD or anything else than IM ? IM is for Iron Man.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Sorry for being a douche but is it possible to name Iron Maiden IMD or anything else than IM ? IM is for Iron Man.

Just start doing it. It will become something like SIM eventually

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just start doing it. It will become something like SIM eventually

something like what?

#171 6 years ago

Exactly what I was thinking. And I’m officially on the list with a guaranteed spot

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

something like what?

Stern Iron Maiden, or Iron Maiden Stern.

#173 6 years ago

I think IMD is a good choice, or IMN

#174 6 years ago

IMD second that.

#175 6 years ago

IRONM

#176 6 years ago

Its weird thinking one company will be making an Iron Maiden machine, and the other will be making a Willy Wonka theme. The only weirder thing is that I want both.

#177 6 years ago

ding ding ding. winner!

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Still waiting for Infinite Dreams live maybe on this next tour with the older stuff

#179 6 years ago

#180 6 years ago

Love Priest , would prefer a Sabbath pin (Ozzy was born 2 miles from here) BUT Maiden has the fan base , band member commitment and potential art package to be an awesome pin. Presume there will be 666 LEs?

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Electriccircus:

Love Priest , would prefer a Sabbath pin (Ozzy was born 2 miles from here) BUT Maiden has the fan base , band member commitment and potential art package to be an awesome pin. Presume there will be 666 LEs?

I would be in on a Sabbath pin sight unseen!

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nope, he's a poor Commercial Beekeeper.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from Electriccircus:

666 LE’s would be a cool idea. How cool would that be to be the lucky person to get #666?

#184 6 years ago

IMLOTB would be my vote.
Fairly certain it was be Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast.

1 week later
#185 6 years ago

I think it is safe to now assume this isn’t going to happen...the lack of any buzz whatsoever proves this isn’t happening. Just mho

#186 6 years ago

Like all the buzz star wars did also not have when stern did not manage to release the news on star wars day?

Its just the quiet b4 the storm. Iron maidens gonna get aaaaaaaall of you!!!!

#187 6 years ago

This just in: Super premiums are going to have Bruce Dickinson doing personalized custom callous. Double super jackpot will be him doing his patented "SCREAM FOR ME (your name, city, or arcade name here)"

Now everyone else take a turn making something up

#188 6 years ago

run to the hills hurry up.

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I think it is safe to now assume this isn’t going to happen...the lack of any buzz whatsoever proves this isn’t happening. Just mho

Oh, it's happening and soon.....

Like before TPF or certainly at TPF.

#190 6 years ago
Quoted from orb:

run to the hills hurry up.

Haha I can imagine this..repeating the build up before the last chorus in an infinite loop until you cash it in

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I think its safe to say that you are wrong because it IS going to happen.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think its safe to say that you are wrong because it IS going to happen.

I agree with this, 100% gonna happen. Full featured I'm taking a serious look. Stripped down I'll pass.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Haha I can imagine this..repeating the build up before the last chorus in an infinite loop until you cash it in

EXACTLY the section that came to my mind too. “Heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy-yyyy-yyyy-yyyyy.... Ooooo-oooooo-oooooo-aaaaaaaahhhh!”

#194 6 years ago

this Pin needs to happen. Any ideas on when potential reveals could be? perhaps March?

#195 6 years ago

While I'm in no way an Iron Maiden fan I'm certainly excited to see Keith's first game if this is it. I think we all had heard the rumors that JT was working on this game but I'm not sure it ever made sense and he had said numerous times he doesn't like dark themes and it would have made a ton more sense for him to be working on the Beatles. It will eventually leak out what happened though. Stern is certainly in an interesting place to have 2 designers not working with them anymore that supposedly both had games coming out in with JT and Dennis. I remember the darker and grittier comments from JT but that could mean a lot of things. Maybe the rumored Dead Pool was going to be his next game released at Expo that got rolled back. That would have given him a whole year to get The Beatles done for the next expo. Whatever he was working on certainly caused stern to have to push GOTG out way too early.

Current rumors are Keith as designer with hopefully a version of the archer layout. ZY on art which should be very interesting as we haven't really seen much dark artwork from him yet for a pin. And that leaves the biggest question and most important question of all, who is on the code? If it's Dwight I might have to buy a music pin for a band I do not know anything about. Come on Dwight, work some more magic like you did on SW.

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

this Pin needs to happen. Any ideas on when potential reveals could be? perhaps March?

Based on a marketing standpoint it would be a huge fail if Stern did not have this game at the Texas pinball show ( One of the largest premier shows in the states) they had a missed opportunity at Expo which couldn't be avoided because of the JT situation. With all the new games coming out and being shown at Texas that's the place to do it.

I would expect to see a Pro or two there to compete with Pirates, Monster Bash, Houdini, Kingpin and Alice Cooper. Stern needs a strong new fresh title.

Texas really is becoming the premier go to show and with all eyes on these new games and new money that's the place to do it !

Up The Irons !

#197 6 years ago

Iron Maiden needs to be good as competition is fierce.

For me it will be a choice between Iron Maiden and TNA.

TNA looks great and the code is pretty close to being done!

With Stern hiring new guys though at least it shows they are aware they need to step up in the code department.

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Based on a marketing standpoint it would be a huge fail if Stern did not have this game at the Texas pinball show ( One of the largest premier shows in the states) they had a missed opportunity at Expo which couldn't be avoided because of the JT situation. With all the new games coming out and being shown at Texas that's the place to do it.
I would expect to see a Pro or two there to compete with Pirates, Monster Bash, Houdini, Kingpin and Alice Cooper. Stern needs a strong new fresh title.
Texas really is becoming the premier go to show and with all eyes on these new games and new money that's the place to do it !
Up The Irons !

Iron Maiden is #1 for me on that list, but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I know you do, I believe you do 100%; Just like the others. So skin of your back you'd be the winner! (or Pinside)

Getting ready to pay out the $10?

Latest rumors.

http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/02/12/episode-30-the-supreme-jonathan-joosten/

Iron Maiden is nearly here!

So, 4 flippers, Archer layout???

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Weird I heard an announcement is pretty soon

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden/page/4?hl=maclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.