IMFL (resized).png
115646FD-F806-4E1D-9ACA-5D62CAC9CAF2 (resized).jpeg
im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.
#1001 6 years ago

gtxjoe I too was thinking No Fear 2, and then I saw the drop target bank.

Hey at least they didn't try to animate an Eddy head.

-mof

#1003 6 years ago

Game looks KICK ASS! Hey, I'm very happy for all the guys who have been clamoring for an Iron Maiden pin for years.

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh. You ate one too?

I see what you did there, but I’ll take that DLR album over the Van Hagar stuff any day.

#1005 6 years ago

Keith said on Coast to Coast that he wanted to do a 4 flipper flowy game like Judge Dredd but with better shots for the upper flippers. He also said that the most similar flipper arrangement to this game is Twilight Zone.

#1006 6 years ago

If you digest all material available for this game and aren’t excited then you probably don’t like pinball.. or fun and joy in general.

#1007 6 years ago

Watching in on twitch for the last hour. Really makes me want to order an LE, but still scared of stern quality lately, Spike issues, playfield, and cabinet. This does look like a home run though. If I did not get Houdini in the last couple weeks I probably would take the chance and pull the trigger on an LE. They should sell out fast.

#1008 6 years ago

Good luck finding an LE bro !

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Good luck finding an LE bro !

500 is quite a few. Maybe Europe will suck them up being a region that actually likes Iron Maiden's music, but 500 is quite a lot. They probably won't disappear overnight. If they do, well, that's a pretty dang good indicator that Keith Elwin has designed something special.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

If you digest all material available for this game and aren’t excited then you probably don’t like pinball.. or fun and joy in general.

I have to admit, I will probably buy a premium one day. I hate you Stern. You are about to make me buy a freaking Iron Maiden pinball machine. I'm sick to my stomach. It will not be NIB but I will probably end up with one.

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

500 is quite a few. Maybe Europe will suck them up being a region that actually likes Iron Maiden's music, but 500 is quite a lot. They probably won't disappear overnight. If they do, well, that's a pretty dang good indicator that Keith Elwin has designed something special.

Took me three calls to find one, and that guy said he would be sold out soon. Dont think theyll last. Game looks fun.

#1012 6 years ago

Talked to Nitro, LE's are gone unless you have a distributor holding some still. Good luck.

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Talked to Nitro, LE's are gone unless you have a distributor holding some still. Good luck.

Has anyone even seen a pic of an LE?

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Has anyone even seen a pic of an LE?

Does it even matter? If the pro looks this good just think of what the LE looks like.

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yup, my go to place for NIB Sterns was sold out hours before the stream. Luckily I had been hounding them all week and got first dibs, it feels like some kind of weird dream that everything has turned out so positively with this one!

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

LE's are already gone... 500 made globally, 225 to Europe, 225 for US and 50 are going to Iron Maiden....

So with only 225 in the States that's not alot!!

#1017 6 years ago

Watched the stream and the game plays fast and awesome. Love the metal ramps and 4 flippers for a change. Only thing I complain about is not using custom call outs from the band.

#1018 6 years ago

They'll be popping back up... it is always the same with scarcity...

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Only thing I complain about is not using custom call outs from the band.

That's a plus to me. Metallica's corny callouts have grown on me, I kinda love them warts and all now, but they're not actually good by any measure.

#1020 6 years ago

That's a fun-looking layout, it's nice to see some upper flipper action.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

LE's are already gone... 500 made globally, 225 to Europe, 225 for US and 50 are going to Iron Maiden....
So with only 225 in the States that's not alot!!

Stern left money on the table. 666 LE’s would have sold before the stroke of midnight

#1022 6 years ago

Just a question. I think this pin looks awesome but do you guys think it will be noob friendly with the fast upper loops and the through the pops ramp?

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Just a question. I think this pin looks awesome but do you guys think it will be noob friendly with the fast upper loops and the through the pops ramp?

I hope not.

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's a plus to me. Metallica's corny callouts have grown on me, I kinda love them warts and all now, but they're not actually good by any measure.

Rather have corny callouts by the band then perfect callouts by someone with no ties. It creates the whole Metallica atmosphere.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

You will luv it. If you make a clean left ramp shot....It will be like the pops aren’t even there. you will grow into this pin just fine. upper playfield is fun as hell!

#1026 6 years ago

Went against my rule of buying without playing first. Put a deposit down with Cointaker and will hopefully be picking up a Pro at Allentown(if everything goes right).

Love the theme. Layout looks nice! Metal/wire frame ramps. Four flippers. Pop bumper area! Software looks playable right now so hopefully it'll be a bit more polished in a month or so.

Sorry Star Trek Pro... it's time for you to engage on outta here.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

No such thing as a pin that's too hard for your skill level. A pin that's too easy is boring though.

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Jar I gotta know what music do you listen to and where have you been for the last 40 years? Iron Maiden is huge man, I posted the pics on my facebook page as I usually do when a new pin comes out that I think the people I know would like and I've never gotten the kind of response that I did today. This is a theme that might cause some of these guys who normally would never consider buying a pin to open their wallet. Ok sure I grew up with Metal Heads more so than alt rock or pop and thank baby Jesus for that but man you are really under estimating Maidens popularity on the mainland,

#1029 6 years ago

Was at work and missed the Stream And from what I read on facebook there won't be a VOD of the stream

#1030 6 years ago

Shot through the pops has to be easier than TWD

$8700 delivered? There will be LEs available if you want.

A good chunk of people won’t follow through post deposit

Take it from a recovering LE buyer, once the frenzy and panic buying settles down the reality of what these things cost will settle in

#1031 6 years ago

Can someone confirm which thread I should be following please

#1032 6 years ago

Who is doing code for this?

Hoping Lyman.

Anything except Lonnie. I'll never buy a Lonnie game again, period.

#1033 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Went against my rule of buying without playing first. Put a deposit down with Cointaker and will hopefully be picking up a Pro at Allentown(if everything goes right).
Love the theme. Layout looks nice! Metal/wire frame ramps. Four flippers. Pop bumper area! Software looks playable right now so hopefully it'll be a bit more polished in a month or so.
Sorry Star Trek Pro... it's time for you to engage on outta here.

LOL, oh Pinside! Every new release it’s the same...a mad scramble to trip over yourselves and buy as fast as possible. Then it’s OMG best game ever for the honeymoon phase, then it’s grumble grumble Stern quality sucks, where’s the code, I’m never buying another Stern again. Another new Stern drops, repeat cycle.

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Stern left money on the table. 666 LE’s would have sold before the stroke of midnight

Two...minutes before, no doubt.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

keith

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Hoping Lyman.
Anything except Lonnie. I'll never buy a Lonnie game again, period.

Keith Elwin created the ruleset, and it's being implemented by lead coder Rick Naegale (he's one of the new hires).

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Shot through the pops has to be easier than TWD
$8700 delivered? There will be LEs available if you want.
A good chunk of people won’t follow through post deposit
Take it from a recovering LE buyer, once the frenzy and panic buying settles down the reality of what these things cost will settle in

I felt myself fighting hard on the "play before you pay" mantra, because I am a Maiden fan and I think the game is amazing looking, sounding and seems very fun to play based on watching the video. I see a Maiden game in my future easily. I just don't know which version.

There was that initial thought in my mind of "hurry! you may never find the LE, you only live once", etc. etc. That's how the marketing works-make it attractive and seemingly scarce and tell people you might miss out.

Even though I know better than to impulse buy, all day long I had to keep reminding myself to do what I have been doing over the years: Namely, it is perfectly ok to wait, compare the Premium art package and LE art package AND make sure that gameplay wise you want the Premium features over the pro, because my experience is not every Premium is a better playing game. (TWD and GOT are 2 games for me where I do not like the premium game play features)

I feel if the LE version is the one I really want, there will be LE's for sale *somewhere* down the line albeit more expensive. Every single LE game, including the super popular TRONLE, BIBLE and MOPLE have been for sale after they sold out. As we know, as awesome as the Iron Maiden game is now, it will not be the new hotness forever.

Does it cost more to wait? Potentially yes. But if I am in for $8700 (or whatever the bottom line is), then my thought is: so what if I pay more for something that I now know for 100% I want based on playing it and seeing it.

Anyway, I digress. Up the Irons!!!

#1038 6 years ago

Anyone know where I can see the stream from Twitch today as a video clip?

My feeble computer couldn't stream well at all, but I would still love to see gamaplay.

I'm searching on Twitch but see nothing.

Thanks.

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Anyone know where I can see the stream from Twitch today as a video clip?
My feeble computer couldn't stream well at all, but I would still love to see gamaplay.
I'm searching on Twitch but see nothing.
Thanks.

Stern is not allowing it to be archived. Pretty dick move if you ask me considering they aired it when most people were working.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL, oh Pinside! Every new release it’s the same...a mad scramble to trip over yourselves and buy as fast as possible. Then it’s OMG best game ever for the honeymoon phase, then it’s grumble grumble Stern quality sucks, where’s the code, I’m never buying another Stern again. Another new Stern drops, repeat cycle.

Only game I ever felt that way about is America's Most Haunted. LOL.

And while I understand you weren't really talking specifically about me, since I'm not a buy everything new and shiny type of person... Iron Maiden is a theme I knew I'd be dumb with. Takes me back to high school and the good ol' days. The next dumb thing I'll probably do is buy a new Elvira pin if/when it ever comes out. Boobies!!! (o)(o)

#1041 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Stern is not allowing it to be archived. Pretty dick move if you ask me considering they aired it when most people were working.

They'll show it again soon they said, I'm sure they don't want a record of old broken stuff.

Quoted from Roostking:

Rather have corny callouts by the band then perfect callouts by someone with no ties. It creates the whole Metallica atmosphere.

I'm used to Metallica now, so I don't want to change it, but yeah, I don't care about the band playing voice actor, it's not their job, they did the music.

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They'll show it again soon they said, I'm sure they don't want a record of old broken stuff.

I'm used to Metallica now, so I don't want to change it, but yeah, I don't care about the band playing voice actor, it's not their job, they did the music.

I hear ya, you have amuch more critical, professional ear when it comes to pins, but to hear the guys who sings and play the songs making some pretty hilarious call out in their own voice, just makes the pin that much more special. Of course I own 1 pin so I might be a tick biased lol

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Since when does Eddie not have ties??

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Really? Wow, that sucks. I got the notification from Dead Flip at work, and was like “what??, crap I have to wait for the replay later”. And now I hear I’ll never get to see it. That’s just dumb.

#1045 6 years ago

We kinda sidetracked the discussion. Eddie is obviously tied in, just hoping he doesn't have a southern twang like the voice actor in TWD does.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Really? Wow, that sucks. I got the notification from Dead Flip at work, and was like “what??, crap I have to wait for the replay later”. And now I hear I’ll never get to see it. That’s just dumb.

Sparky posted a link to a one minute clip of the stream over “next new stern title thread” page 28. It’s better than nothing hahah. I missed it also.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Sparky posted a link to a one minute clip of the stream over “next new stern title thread” page 28. It’s better than nothing hahah. I missed it also.

It's also linked from the key post index at the top of the pages in that thread.

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

About Two Minutes To Midnight, if I had to guess.

#1049 6 years ago

Was just watching some archer pinball vids and the pro is missing alot of mechs from it.... but looks the the premium/le will have almost all of the missing stuff and then some. Cant wait to c that version which is how it was originally designed. Also the upgraded sound is on all models which is nice and they added some other sound upgrades.

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Thank you!

This is helpful, Mac.

J

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden/page/21?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.