IMFL (resized).png
115646FD-F806-4E1D-9ACA-5D62CAC9CAF2 (resized).jpeg
im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 23.
#751 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The question is how free-to-play friendly is it.

Why not simply try??

You don't need to pay to play or advance. Paying is only to jump ahead

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

The above image will be the back glass The above image will be the back glass

Dream on!

#753 6 years ago

These are available elsewhere on Pinside, but I'm posting them here for readers who haven't yet seen them.

Could this be the foundation for Iron Maiden's layout?

Archer.layout (resized).jpgArcher.layout (resized).jpg

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

These are available elsewhere on Pinside, but I'm posting them here for readers who haven't yet seen them.
Could this be the foundation for Iron Maiden's layout?
» YouTube video

That is what everyone is hoping and thinking i believe.

#755 6 years ago

I'm encouraged, frankly.

This layout looks dope.

I'm confused, though, by the "Borg" shot through the pops. Like, is that the left ramp? My gosh, a ramp shot through pops? That's hard! I *may* also see a "Warp Ramp" of sorts involving the third flipper and the inner loop. It also has no bash toys, which for me is a plus. Watching the gameplay clip, it's hard to make out the upper PF. It seems to be concentrated in the upper third of the table, leaving a big swath of space above the flippers, not unlike SW Pro. What I can't see is the purpose of the fourth, diminutive flipper, but hey, the more the merrier when it comes to flippers. My concern would be "Eddie." Where will he go and how intrusive will he be? Making him a bash toy would be disrespectful, I would think, and there for a no-no. At least we know he won't be a ball lock like Groot!

Stern should be counting its blessings that Elwin offered up his layout for a last-minute redesign after J. Trudeau had to step down, etc.

I care very little about the theme of this (or any) pin; I'm all about gameplay and rules. As long as G. Gomez doesn't insist on applying his own personal stamp to this project, I'm going to remain hopeful.

Still, there is the matter of coding, and trusting the rookie Naegele to do it for Elwin seems dicey.

J

#756 6 years ago

I'm encouraged, frankly.
This layout looks dope.
It appears to have a "Borg" orbit through the pops and a "Warp Ramp" of sorts involving the third flipper and the inner loop. It also has no bash toys, which for me is a plus. Watching the gameplay clip, it's hard to make out the upper PF. It seems to be concentrated in the upper third of the table, leaving a big swath of space above the flippers, not unlike SW Pro. What I can't see is the purpose of the fourth, diminutive flipper, but hey, the more the merrier when it comes to flippers.
Stern should be counting its blessings that Elwin offered up his layout for a last-minute redesign after J. Trudeau had to step down, etc.
I care very little about the theme of this (or any) pin; I'm all about gameplay and rules. As long as G. Gomez doesn't insist on applying his own personal stamp to this project, I'm going to remain hopeful.
Still, there is the matter of coding, and trusting the rookie Naegele to do it for Elwin seems dicey.
J

I think it would be cool to see a 3 or 4 flipper game. There is definitely going to be alot of new people on this game but i have a good feeling about that truthfully. I think it will be cool to see some new things and some fresh ideas. I think gameplay wise this game is going to deliver, i just have that feeling.

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

The above image will be the back glass The above image will be the back glass

get-the-papers (resized).pngget-the-papers (resized).png

#758 6 years ago

Jimmy two times...

#759 6 years ago

Do you all really think they scrapped Trudeau’s design 100%? I hope so, but I just don’t see that happening. Instead I picture Stern trying to change a few things and call it someone else’s game. Hopefully I am wrong on this. I would love the Archer design, it is amazing, but almost too amazing for Stern. We have been getting the same boring layouts for years. In my opinion, the last exciting and unique Stern layout was Tron, everything else has either not worked well or has been rehash. Pat proved with the DI layout that design for the standard body pin is not dead.........Too bad he chose such a poor theme.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Correct thread for this
Too many damn threads, lol
Watching some video to try and warm to the idea of LotB based
Man, just doesn't do it for me
I guess it could still be okay, as long as Eddie, no going Aaaahhhhhh like a girl, WTF is that ?
Still hard to believe my dream theme may be ruined.
Here's hoping all turns out well on Tuesday.
Up the Irons !
» YouTube video

Just curious, since im sure many feel the same way as you.. how WOULD you wznt it to be, realistically? Would a safe kiss/aero clone with big eddie bashtoy and another eddie toy with arrow modes for each classic song be adequate? Also with lcd how should they implement it to work with vodeos? Its tricky, they have lots of videos and live concert dvds/blu rays, but i dont even know how to implement it in best way.

So i think the whole LoTB makes sense in that presents a complete thorough concept both story, art and music wise.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Do you all really think they scrapped Trudeau’s design 100%? I hope so, but I just don’t see that happening. Instead I picture Stern trying to change a few things and call it someone else’s game.

From what I heard, yes, JT's design was 100% scrapped. But if JT was originally on Iron Maiden, we don't know for sure.

Iron Maiden was probably Keith all along because I also heard that when the game JT was working on was 100% scrapped, George was taking over the PF design.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Why not simply try??
You don't need to pay to play or advance. Paying is only to jump ahead

You work for the company or something?

I already said I don't have any interest in the band, so why in god's name would I play a gatcha game, which is ENTIRELY PREDICATED on very few people shelling out VERY MASSIVE AMOUNTS of money to keep the game afloat. See: https://venturebeat.com/2013/03/14/whales-and-why-social-gamers-are-just-gamers/

I'm just trying to edumacate people where their content is coming from and what type of game it is. Gatcha games are designed to hook into nostalgia and wring every last cent they can from you. This isn't news, but I figured most people on Pinside probably aren't familiar with these type of games, since Pinside is generally a bit older crowd. Older than me, and I'm 36. I don't play Brave Exvius because I like their outrageous fees for premium currency....I play it because I have an extremely visceral connection to Final Fantasy.

I mean...if someone wanted me to try the IM game and give my opinion on whether or not it's friendly to free-to-play'ers and the fees for the premiums, I could probably offer an educated opinion there, but I don't have any desire to play it on my own. I just think it's hilarious that gatcha has expanded SO SO far in the last few years..

#763 6 years ago

Is the pinball machine based on the band or on the video game?

game artwork and animations looks awful...

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Just curious, since im sure many feel the same way as you.. how WOULD you wznt it to be, realistically? Would a safe kiss/aero clone with big eddie bashtoy and another eddie toy with arrow modes for each classic song be adequate? Also with lcd how should they implement it to work with vodeos? Its tricky, they have lots of videos and live concert dvds/blu rays, but i dont even know how to implement it in best way.
So i think the whole LoTB makes sense in that presents a complete thorough concept both story, art and music wise.

Very good, perfect statement/question,Thank you

Yes LotB makes sense from a marketing POV

IRON MAIDEN LE ultimate for me would be :

Standard body, yes standard
3 Flippers

ART: Classic 80's-2010 Eddie and the band to feature, Riggs based art. I realize this is an impossible dream

Certainly NO safe bet kiss/aero clone with bash toy please.
STERN needs to move away from the BASH TOY BS, its crap
Only BT I liked was Balrog in LotR , ooh and Sparky. There must be something different ?
Seeing that Gotg IMDN mock up is crap !
Eddie can be a feature without being some big arms wrapped around the PF

Realistically I as would many others would love to see CLASSIC Maiden
There is a great deal of awesome material available from their prime time.
Music and Art is incredible !

Arrow modes for classics would not be ideal. Risk/reward scenario is always welcome.

I do understand that licencing and conditions terms of agreement etc. determine the options

As far as the display is concerned, New standard Stern LCD color is good. Impressive detail would be great .
Live concert footage not required. Some awesome Eddie scenarios are mandetory,

I would be down for a couple of video modes. keep them brief

Finally............ Fun Fun Fun, super art, great call outs, awesome tracks with decent audio system that's what pinball be about

Waiting for my new Stern

lt (resized).pnglt (resized).png

#765 6 years ago

Looks good !

afa98e8aded3a4b497b3979d68d9de718680a089 (resized).jpgafa98e8aded3a4b497b3979d68d9de718680a089 (resized).jpg

#766 6 years ago

Classic (resized).JPGClassic (resized).JPG

Ed (resized).JPGEd (resized).JPG

#767 6 years ago

Although not the original artwork, still the art portraid in the comics are not bad per ce. But that brings it more over into a comic book look machine tho.

https://ironmaiden.com/comic

#768 6 years ago

Sure does look good. Damn...

#769 6 years ago

Sure looks photoshopped to me

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You work for the company or something?
I already said I don't have any interest in the band, so why in god's name would I play a gatcha game

Then why are you so fixated on the game mechanics... for a game you never want to play, for a band you don't care about?

This type of game market is like over 5 years old on mobile. Us old foggies know what it is... We don't need a white knight riding in and saving us all from ourselves.

Quoted from Frax:

I mean...if someone wanted me to try the IM game and give my opinion on whether or not it's friendly to free-to-play'ers and the fees for the premiums, I could probably offer an educated opinion there, but I don't have any desire to play it on my own

So why get so pissy when someone answers the question YOU posed? You said "is how free-to-play friendly is it" - and I gave you a response. you don't need to pay to play, only to jump ahead. To which, you jumped down my throat over. Over a game and a band you have no interest in no less.

You can get 1-2hrs of play each refresh.. which really is multiple times a day. You don't need to pay to get the high level stuff - you can just pay to skip the need to farm or work through the objectives->payout ladder. It's not a game where you need the paid currency to do things or unlock things.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Looks good !

Guys that’s fake. Posted awhile ago. Look close and you’ll notice it’s a walking dead playfield. Completely photoshopped. it’s also a DMD lol

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Looks good !

That is a 100% fake picture for sure!

#773 6 years ago

Information, game matrix and Pro should be debut tomorrow on Tuesday and Jack Danger at Stern pinball live.

I'm hearing the LE version is going to be the most packed with goodness in quite awhile.

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Guys that’s fake. Posted awhile ago. Look close and you’ll notice it’s a walking dead playfield. Completely photoshopped. it’s also a DMD lol

oh Doh !

really I never knew
lol

#775 6 years ago

I'm confused, though, by the "Borg" shot through the pops. Like, is that the left ramp? My gosh, a ramp shot through pops? That's hard!

That's why 4 of them get you an Extra Ball on Congo!

#776 6 years ago

I'm confused, though, by the "Borg" shot through the pops.

It's a "Lawlor shot."

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can get 1-2hrs of play each refresh.. which really is multiple times a day. You don't need to pay to get the high level stuff - you can just pay to skip the need to farm or work through the objectives->payout ladder. It's not a game where you need the paid currency to do things or unlock things.

FFS... You could have just said you've played it. Would've been much simpler. Jump down your throat? /facepalm

White Knight? LOL..I'm pretty sure that Stern, JJP, SKIT-B, and Heighway have all proven that just about everyone on here is willing to throw THOUSANDS of dollars down the toilet at any chance they get. I certainly won't be the one to convince any idiot to not throw away their money. I don't care that it's not "hard" gated to REQUIRE payment. Most gatcha aren't...I can't think of one that IS. The point is that *most* of them DO make it a pain in the butt to play without premium currency via the mechanics I already stated.

Why post about it? Because it's extremely bloody relevant to the pin if they're sharing art assets or a playlist. But you know what...it's whatever. I've got other things going on that I already want to punch a hole in my monitor, I don't have time to argue with you any further.

SHORT VERSION: The pinball machine is potentially sharing content with a mobile free-to-play gatcha game, which I find hilarious. THAT'S IT.

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's a "Lawlor shot."

I see your point; NGG and RBION have similar shots, although neither is a true ramp shot. Still, if this layout diagram is legit, this would have to be the first ramp entrance that splits the pops.

#779 6 years ago

I see your point; NGG and RBION have similar shots,...

You need to go further back then that. FH, WW, TZ, Adams...

...this would have to be first ramp entrance that splits the pops.

Congo off the top of my head

#780 6 years ago

and if Bruce Dickinson himself would deliver the pin to my gameroom. i wouldn´t buy it!
(or, wait, in this particular situation ... but only if he will sing a song while i am unboxing)
Not beacause i am a stern hater, but beacause of that SPIKE sucks.
If the node boards would have been interchangeable between all the new systems and the cpu wouldn´t cost 1000€ ( ~ 1200$ !!!!!) , this would be a no brainer for sure.
But to know, that not only the code will be incomplete for one or 4 years, but also i have to spend a fortune to replace faulty boards... no way!

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

FFS... You could have just said you've played it

The statement I made couldn't have been made WITHOUT playing it. But you already have your mind made up on what you want to say here...

Quoted from Frax:

The point is that *most* of them DO make it a pain in the butt to play without premium currency via the mechanics I already stated.

And I already told you twice that doesn't apply here. But since you have no interest in actually getting informed here but instead just spout on about your fears. You ask.. then keep ignoring the responses.. which means you really don't care what the answer is, you just have a point you want to repeat hoping it sticks.

Quoted from Frax:

SHORT VERSION: The pinball machine is potentially sharing content with a mobile free-to-play gatcha game, which I find hilarious. THAT'S IT.

ZOMG! THE END IS NEAR!! Re-using assets?? HOLY SHIT!! Sound the sirens!! Watch out people... don't risk spending your dollars here!! This pinball could be reusing media... SAVE YOURSELF don't throw your money around blindly. Don't worry, Frax is here to make sure you don't get duped by these evil companies.

Besides... the amount of staff and spend on those mobile games (even the in-app purchase ones) is probably orders of magnititude more than Stern puts into a title on their own. 2-3 artists in stern... or dozens of artists and model makers. Yeah, run scared of the app makers... *rolleyes*

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I hate to go negative on a theme I love, buuut I’m getting anxious vibes that Stern is going to fuck this up.

It’s totally their playbook to take a homerun theme and then cut it off at the knees with a little “this is going to be really great- let’s fuck it up” cost-cutting or poor decision making. All they had to do was license the abundant existing 80’s art. You can see the LE, Prem and Pro editions in your head, “Number of the Beast”, “Powerslave” editions, etc.

I was at Stern today to say goodbye to Jody and I saw Iron Maiden and all I will and can say is they knocked it out of the park in my opinion. It's awesome!

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

I was at Stern today to say goodbye to Jody and I saw Iron Maiden and all I will and can say is they knocked it out of the park in my opinion. It's awesome!

OK - send me the pictures you took of it...LOL

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Thank you for the pics you sent, before seeing those, I though this thread was a joke!

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Is Jody leaving Stern?

#786 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Is Jody leaving Stern?

#787 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Is Jody leaving Stern?

Lol we posted that at the same exact time.

#788 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Is Jody leaving Stern?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is Jody leaving Stern?

I think Joe from Laseriffic is moving.

#789 6 years ago

I assume he was shitcanned after "the reveal" of 2018?

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it would be cool to see a 3 or 4 flipper game. There is definitely going to be alot of new people on this game but i have a good feeling about that truthfully. I think it will be cool to see some new things and some fresh ideas. I think gameplay wise this game is going to deliver, i just have that feeling.

Will be 4

#791 6 years ago

Jody is going nowhere, I am moving to Florida so I decided to stop at Stern and talk to Jody. I took no pics but it looks really nice, I was impressed for a Pro...order in.

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

Jody is going nowhere, I am moving to Florida ....

Oh damn dude I'm sorry man.

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't be, I love Florida and most of our vacations are there. We also have family there , were the last of our family's to move out of Illinois.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Florida is great.

Giant cockroaches (the state insect), giant snails (eating the stucco off your house), giant snakes (eating your dogs), mass shootings, the Bubbas, the no-see-em's.....I barely got out of there alive, lol.

81owUBlr3XL._SL1429_ (resized).jpg81owUBlr3XL._SL1429_ (resized).jpg

puz (resized).jpgpuz (resized).jpg

Florida invasive species (resized).jpgFlorida invasive species (resized).jpg

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Giant cockroaches

Palmetto bug doesn't sound as bad.

#797 6 years ago

For the GOTG reveal last year, Stern made no mention of the coder right through the ship date. Early buyers had to discover this critical detail upon delivery of their pins. Not cool. Chris Franchi's art sold that pin, along with the assumption that a Borg layout would be backed up by solid code. People were mistaken/disappointed.

Stern will never hype up Lonnie code because it's about as vanilla as it comes, and he rarely continues improving it over time.

#798 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Florida is great.
Giant cockroaches (the state insect), giant snails (eating the stucco off your house), giant snakes (eating your dogs), mass shootings, the Bubbas, the no-see-em's.....I barely got out of there alive, lol.

Gotta be better than Illinois!

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Palmetto bug doesn't sound as bad.

I’ve had dogs smaller than palmetto bugs.

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern will never hype up Lonnie code because it's about as vanilla as it comes, and he rarely continues improving it over time.

<snip>

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden/page/16?hl=flipsmcgee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.