IMFL (resized).png
115646FD-F806-4E1D-9ACA-5D62CAC9CAF2 (resized).jpeg
im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Things change. I'd rather have information that is 90% correct as opposed to no info 100% of the time.

I don't disagree. At all. I'm simply saying don't speculate, be wrong. Then tell people not to speculate. That's all.

#702 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Your man also said this

I get that he is an "insider", but to be one of the biggest speculators and then tell people to stop speculating is ironic, no?
Bring on the downvotes, I don't care. Just cuz he's your bud or gave you info doesn't make him any less wrong.

He's someone who posts informed guesses, not wild speculation. It's not always right. Shit happens, I could have told people things about Alien that would have been way wrong, and I was about as inside as you could get.

Point is that he's been right a lot more than wrong, and I don't agree with labeling him as a big speculator. My take, not gonna downvote you.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He's someone who posts informed guesses, not wild speculation. It's not always right. Shit happens, I could have told people things about Alien that would have been way wrong, and I was about as inside as you could get.
Point is that he's been right a lot more than wrong, and I don't agree with labeling him as a big speculator. My take, not gonna downvote you.

Agree to disagree. No biggie. I love the speculation so it doesn't really matter to me. I just found it odd that of all people he'd say to stop speculating. Clearly he knows more than most I'll def say that!

#704 6 years ago

It’s definitely iron maiden because iron maiden just settled the lawsuit with Brian Quinn it’s no coincidence that they hired another Brian Quinn to make the announcement

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

It’s definitely iron maiden because iron maiden just settled the lawsuit with Brian Quinn it’s no coincidence that they hired another Brian Quinn to make the announcement

Wait, they HIRED a guy to make the announcement just because he has the same name as the guy from the Maiden lawsuit?!

#706 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait, they HIRED a guy to make the announcement just because he has the same name as the guy from the Maiden lawsuit?!

Yeah I def thought that was a weird person to do the announcement when I first watched it. I loved how you can see him reading from the card. Now it at least kinda makes sense.

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The Brian Quinn making the announcment is one of the Impractical Jokers from the TV show of the same name. He is a pinball fan and is also hosting the Stern Pro Circuit final in Chicago this weekend. It was announced that he was hosting the event weeks before the decision to reveal the new game there was ever part of the discussion.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No. This was announced like 2 months ago.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No. This was announced like 2 months ago.

Can you please let us enjoy our conspiracy theory? K. Thanks.

#710 6 years ago

It’s official- Stern just posted on fb a video, technically, with zero footage, just the title, Legacy Of The Beast, coming soon.

(If someone else already said this a few mins ago, sorry I have a lot of ppl on ignore )

#711 6 years ago

There’s a whole other thread, but the fact that No one bothered to visit this one is a little disturbing.. Alice Cooper is looking MIGHTY smart right now

#712 6 years ago

Maiden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#713 6 years ago

That announcement was a wet fart, but oh well, no one will care once the real details drop. It's just something to make fun of while we wait.

Instead though, I'll congratulate everyone who wanted this. Nimblepin especially. Hope it looks great. If they f— up the art on this one and it's all from that video game on the website though ... I sure hope it's original and represents the classic looks well. I might not care about their music, but I can easily picture the cover to Powerslave, or Live After Death, or Killers in head. A Maiden pin has to look good.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Alice Cooper is looking MIGHTY smart right now

I expect sales to be brisk on Monday. I'm just gonna be honest, music wise I like Rob Zombie better, but Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle looks like a much better game than RZ. I also like that it's not a 'band pin', seems like you earn the songs, and it has a lot of original music too.

In tone and the early look at the rules and setup it feels like maybe Scared Stiff meets Monster Bash, with Alice Cooper playing Elvira's host role, and the different monsters filling out the modes.

Normally I don't play conspiracy theory, but that Iron Maiden announcement was so lame, you really have to wonder if they were trying to f— up Spooky's orders on Monday. Pinball is a cut throat business man, Stern will definitely try and license cock block you. Wouldn't surprise me if the game isn't ready, and they're just trying to throw salt while they push it through. If it was done, or approved or whatever, it would have been at TPF.

Whatever, ACNC is going to sell out if it's a good game, regardless. Let's hope Stern doesn't like it, because that's what competition is for, to force people to innovate and earn business.

#714 6 years ago

Iron Maiden is a dream theme for me. I was so excited for some official news, I did something I’ve never done before...I watched live competitive pinball for 3 straight hours and had a few drinks. Sure, the “reveal” video was short and lacked photos. I looked at it as a glass half full thing...I got to watch some amazing players do their thing. Maiden is actually coming AND I learned quite a few things about becoming a better player. Time well spent. Tough to feel negative about that.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dammit I wasn't around to lock in that bet
But yeah 2018 - bet made.

Cough, cough

You didn't think I would forget?

#716 6 years ago

another shite band pin for more granddads of rock. What a fail Stern.

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Lol come on Neil.....be nice my brother!!

#719 6 years ago

I'm STILL after JAWS

Eddie-Shark (resized).jpgEddie-Shark (resized).jpg

#720 6 years ago
Quoted from tmick73:

Tough to feel negative about that.

It’s pinball, it’s supposed to be fun.

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Instead though, I'll congratulate everyone who wanted this. Nimblepin especially. Hope it looks great. If they f— up the art on this one and it's all from that video game on the website though ... I sure hope it's original and represents the classic looks well. I might not care about their music, but I can easily picture the cover to Powerslave, or Live After Death, or Killers in head. A Maiden pin has to look good.

I hate to go negative on a theme I love, buuut I’m getting anxious vibes that Stern is going to fuck this up.

It’s totally their playbook to take a homerun theme and then cut it off at the knees with a little “this is going to be really great- let’s fuck it up” cost-cutting or poor decision making. All they had to do was license the abundant existing 80’s art. You can see the LE, Prem and Pro editions in your head, “Number of the Beast”, “Powerslave” editions, etc.

Maybe they’re basing the game and art off of these comic books? https://ironmaiden.com/comic

Hoping for the best.

#722 6 years ago

Everyone keeps mentioning the abundance of kick ass artwork (and songs) associated with IM over the decades. That almost becomes a problem. When you combine the number of songs and artwork there are HUNDREDS of good/great permutations possible for the pin. I doubt that anyone here would enjoy being the one tasked with choosing the art and songs that ultimately go in the pin. Because, no matter how great your choices are, there will be a ton of fans howling about what an idiot you are because THEIR choices weren’t used.

#723 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

. All they had to do was license the abundant existing 80’s art. You can see the LE, Prem and Pro editions in your head, “Number of the Beast”, “Powerslave” editions, etc.

If this is what you are hoping for or expecting, prepare to be disappointed. It is Legacy of the Beast. They are licensing Legacy of Beast. It will have the characters from the game (which are based on albums and songs). These are the same assets that are being put out in toys right now. I am hoping it is true the ZombieYeti is doing the art and that he has the chance to bring his style to it. But I imagine the animations will look just like the game. Which I am ok with.

#724 6 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

If this is what you are hoping for or expecting, prepare to be disappointed. It is Legacy of the Beast.

There must be something about this game they're worried about. The logo only video is clearly meant to affect Alice Cooper, but why not show more? Why wait until after Monday?

Also "just licensing the album art" would be stupid. Pinball machines aren't square shaped.

#725 6 years ago

Who said it was licensing of the video game? Legacy of the Beast is their current tour name too. not sure why, but it always amazes me to see the haters come out of the woodwork before a game is even released. Unless the game looks terrible i'll be be adding it to my rock collection of pins. Now for the people bashing the unveiling- have at it. yesterdays s-- show was horrid. All it did was to make me want to be first in line for AC (which i was probably going to do anyways).

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Who said it was licensing of the video game? Legacy of the Beast is their current tour name too.

It was mentioned the game would be an easy source of material. LotB is kind of a brand they’ve built up...creating merchandise, the game, the comics, now the tour setting... its kind of their “universe” set with characters and themes from their albums and pushed out.

#727 6 years ago

** Stern's Typical Reveal Timeline, Anyone? **

I know we went through this with GOTG only last year, but do veteran Pinsiders have a better sense than I as to the timing of the reveal sequence?

Today there is a teaser trailer on Facebook, but how soon after will there be "leaked" images of the PF? I'm assuming Stern has all this publicity designed and there is nothing random about it.

Did the GOTG reveal begin with a teaser like this, too, and if so, how long after that did images of prototype machines appear from Stern?

Thanks.

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Respect those that loves the band and just Stfu , please

#729 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Stern's Typical Reveal Timeline, Anyone? **
I know we went through this GOTG only last year, but do veteran Pinsiders have a better sense than I as to the timing of the reveal sequence?
Today there is a teaser trailer on Facebook, but how soon after will there be "leaked" images of the PF? I'm assuming Stern has all this publicity designed and there is nothing random about it.
Did the GOTG reveal begin with a teaser like this, too, and if so, how long after that did images of prototype machines appear from Stern?
Thanks.

Tuesday

#730 6 years ago

Yep, tuesday, at least for the pro.

#731 6 years ago

** Speculations on Designer/Coder, Please **

I realize no announcement has been made re: layout design or code credit for Iron Maiden, but would Pinsiders care to speculate based on timing and whatever evidence there might be?

I did see S. Ritchie trash-talking Iron Maiden not long ago, so I'm assuming he hasn't designed this layout. Or has he? I mean, technically his pen has been sheathed since he designed SW, and that must have been eighteen months ago now. I am quietly hoping that G. Gomez was too busy with BM66 to have been involved here. (No offense.) My suspicion is that, to Stern, J. Borg is the go-to designer for music-themed pins, but was he available so soon after GOTG? I would think not. Honestly, the timing suggests Ritchie/Sheats - which would be stupendous - but Ritchie said publicly that even hearing Iron Maiden music peripherally is unpleasant.

And what coder might have been in line for this title? Did Sheats have enough time after BM66 to take this on? Or what about Dwight Sullivan?

With all due respect to the coders that brought us GOTG, I will be a lot less keen on Iron Maiden if coders other than Sheats or Sullivan are leading the charge here.

For the GOTG reveal last year, Stern made no mention of the coder right through the ship date. Early buyers had to discover this critical detail upon delivery of their pins. Not cool. Chris Franchi's art sold that pin, along with the assumption that a Borg layout would be backed up by solid code. People were mistaken/disappointed.

#732 6 years ago

Old reliable here, clock is right twice a day I guess.

#733 6 years ago

I realize no announcement has been made re: layout design or code credit for Iron Maiden, but would Pinsiders care to speculate based on timing and whatever evidence there might be?
I did see S. Ritchie trash-talking Iron Maiden not long ago, so I'm assuming he hasn't designed this layout. Or has he? I mean, technically his pen has been sheathed since he designed SW, and that must have been eighteen months ago now. I am quietly hoping that G. Gomez was too busy with BM66 to have been involved here. (No offense.) My suspicion is that, to Stern, J. Borg is the go-to designer for music-themed pins, but was he available so soon after GOTG? I would think not. Honestly, the timing suggests Ritchie/Sheats - which would be stupendous - but Ritchie said publicly that even hearing Iron Maiden music peripherally is unpleasant.
And what coder might have been in line for this title? Did Sheats have enough time after BM66 to take this on? Or what about Dwight Sullivan?
With all due respect to the coders that brought us GOTG, I will be a lot less keen on Iron Maiden if coders other than Sheats or Sullivan are leading the charge here.
For the GOTG reveal last year, Stern made no mention of the coder right through the ship date. Early buyers had to discover this critical detail upon delivery of their pins. Not cool. Chris Franchi's art sold that pin, along with the assumption that a Borg layout would be backed up by solid code. People were mistaken/disappointed.

Keith Elwin designed and has also done the rules that someone will code.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

.... that someone will code.

That's the big one for me. If it's Lonnie It's a deal breaker.

#735 6 years ago

Wait...

lol..

Legacy of the Beast is a phone gatcha game...there's seriously an Iron Maiden gatcha game?! JFC talk about a niche audience. What's the crossover rate on "people that love gatcha games" and "Iron Maiden Fans" ...like .000001%?

Insert 75 more cents for a loot crate which may contain: Extra Ball, Free Replay, Reverse Flippers for entire game, 500k points. (Oh yeah and 99% of the time it's 500k points, .005 percent of the time replay, .005 percent of the time extra ball, and .999 percent of the time reverse flippers)

but Ritchie said publicly that even hearing Iron Maiden music peripherally is unpleasant.

As if he can even hear it.

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wait...
lol..
Legacy of the Beast is a phone gatcha game...there's seriously an Iron Maiden gatcha game?! JFC talk about a niche audience. What's the crossover rate on "people that love gatcha games" and "Iron Maiden Fans" ...like .000001%?
Insert 75 more cents for a loot crate which may contain: Extra Ball, Free Replay, Reverse Flippers for entire game, 500k points. (Oh yeah and 99% of the time it's 500k points, .005 percent of the time replay, .005 percent of the time extra ball, and .999 percent of the time reverse flippers)

1999 double cd release with Ed Hunter PC game. Day one owner of this. A new concept and ahead of the times back then almost 20 years now.

IMG_6713 (resized).JPGIMG_6713 (resized).JPG

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the big one for me. If it's Lonnie It's a deal breaker.

Lonnie won't be a factor. Keith did the rules and now the minion programmers will implement them.

#738 6 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Lonnie won't be a factor. Keith did the rules and now the minion programmers will implement them.

That would be great!

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

1999 double cd release with Ed Hunter PC game. Day one owner of this. A new concept and ahead of the times back then almost 20 years now.

I was aware of that, but this is news to me. Note: I'm not a IM fan. I couldn't name a single song they've ever done. Not sure how the Ed Hunter thing ties into the gatcha game.. I've been a player of various gatcha games for a while now (DBZ Dokkan Battle, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, etc) but man...

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/

The question is how free-to-play friendly is it. Most gatcha games...um.....aren't. At all. They gate lots of quality of life type stuff (inventory or character limits, energy limits on how much you can do per day) that is only fixable by purchasing premium currency. Typical model for pulling character is ~30-50 dollars (not kidding!) to pull 11 characters, with *ONE* being a guaranteed 4* (rarity level typically from 1-7 stars depending on how long the game has been running. 5* is typically the top rarity you can pull from the poolat 5% or less chance! Exvius global just went from 1% to 5% a few months ago!, 6* from ingame farming for materials, 7* from combining two 6* etc etc)

I just find it hard to believe there's much overlap between these two things, but apparently you can monetize and f over anyone these days by luring them into what is effectively gambling with no payout.

*edit* Hey, the official Legacy of the Beast soundtrack is on Spotify, so that's probably a decent indicator of the songs that will be in the pin.

#741 6 years ago

Keith Elwin is the designer & ruleset creator. Implementing his ruleset will be Rick Naegele as lead programmer.

This was all according to Gomez who announced this during his TPF presentation when he showed a pic of the next game’s design team.

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Keith Elwin is the designer & ruleset creator. Implementing his ruleset will be Rick Naegele as lead programmer.
This was all according to Gomez who announced this during his TPF presentation when he showed a pic of the next game’s design team.

I had to look Rick up - one of the new guys.

'Rick Naegele also joins us, bringing nearly two decades’ worth of experience as a software engineer for publishers Midway Games and Electronic Arts. '

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Keith Elwin designed and has also done the rules that someone will code.

Say what?

For real?

Uber-champion Keith Elwin moonlights as a pin designer? I had no idea!

Is this his first outing? I've never heard of another design of his, so I'm assuming it is.

It stands to reason that an Elwin design would be hard, or hard enough to keep Keith interested and therefore very hard for the rest of us.

I will be very curious to see what a man who has played countless machines and won countless tournaments will design into his very own layout.

Thanks for cluing me in. I am quite surprised. Truly!

#744 6 years ago

Say what?
For real?
Uber-champion Keith Elwin moonlights as a pin designer? I had no idea!
Is this his first outing? I've never heard of another design of his, so I'm assuming it is.
It stands to reason that an Elwin design would be hard, or hard enough to keep Keith interested and therefore very hard for the rest of us.
I will be very curious to see what a man who has played countless machines and won countless tournaments will design into his very own layout.
Thanks for cluing me in. I am quite surprised. Truly!

Keith joined Stern in March 2017 a year ago.

Check out this audio interview.
http://funwithbonus.com/pinball-profile-keith-elwin-stern-designer/

#745 6 years ago

So is there any chance lyman might code it ?

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

So is there any chance lyman might code it ?

Hope not...don't want to wait a year for completion plus if it's Keith's deal let him do it

#747 6 years ago

Correct thread for this
Too many damn threads, lol

Watching some video to try and warm to the idea of LotB based

Man, just doesn't do it for me

I guess it could still be okay, as long as Eddie, no going Aaaahhhhhh like a girl, WTF is that ?

Still hard to believe my dream theme may be ruined.

Here's hoping all turns out well on Tuesday.

Up the Irons !

#748 6 years ago

I've been invited by American Express!

https://www.amexliput.fi/sivut/index.php?lippu=204&lang=en

main_17d3c-legacy (resized).jpgmain_17d3c-legacy (resized).jpg

#749 6 years ago

The above image will be the back glass The above image will be the back glass

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

The above image will be the back glass The above image will be the back glass

If it was real stained glass, I'd be down with it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden/page/15?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.