IMFL (resized).png
115646FD-F806-4E1D-9ACA-5D62CAC9CAF2 (resized).jpeg
im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.
#501 6 years ago

Or it could be an iron monger ish eddie: bash the gravestone enough times to raise eddievas a live after death bash toy

#502 6 years ago

I'm picturing a more tie fighter ish eddie on a spring.

#503 6 years ago

I never believed in a million years Stern would make Iron Maiden. I thought the talk about it 5 years ago was whack. I still think it’s whack, but I’m glad you fellas are gonna get your game. That’s pretty cool. You were vocal and you never lost hope.

Stern makes some very odd choices (most recently Mustang, WWE, this) but I kinda appreciate that about them. You really never can tell what they might freaking come up with.

Now do Spinal Tap! Make it freaking happen!

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Or it could be an iron monger ish eddie: bash the gravestone enough times to raise eddievas a live after death bash toy

This would be b'dass.

#505 6 years ago

When we went to the Stern "party" a few years ago the DJ was only playing bands in Stern pins. And Iron Maiden. I'm no mensa member but I can add 2 and 2.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This would be b'dass.

I would prefer that over groot head eddie

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

the Stern "party"

It was a "party" because I was banned!

#508 6 years ago

I don't think hookers and blow could've saved that one A. Ok maybe.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It was a "party" because I was banned!

Aurich I played in my first pinball tournament and they had an AC/DC with a signed custom translate by you.ooked great!!

0303181705 (resized).jpg0303181705 (resized).jpg

#510 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I never believed in a million years Stern would make Iron Maiden. I thought the talk about it 5 years ago was whack. I still think it’s whack, but I’m glad you fellas are gonna get your game. That’s pretty cool. You were vocal and you never lost hope.
Stern makes some very odd choices (most recently Mustang, WWE, this) but I kinda appreciate that about them. You really never can tell what they might freaking come up with.

It’s not nearly as whack as WWE and Mustang. Stern does music pins of successful global bands. Iron Maiden is basically successful for four decades. There is a probably a decent intersection of pinball fan demographic and Iron Maiden fan demographic. I don’t think it’s a homerun like Star Wars, Ghostbusters, etc, but it’s nowhere near the same whack category as WWE & Mustang.

WWE and Mustang were not only odd choices but were generally received as not fun to play, unique as they are.

Iron Maiden, if rumors are true, seems likely to benefit from being a fresh design with fresh rules from a dude who gets it because he has been completing pinball machines for years. Just trying to reiterate that it’s unlikely to fall into a WWE Mustang group in my op.

Shouldn’t have to wait too much longer to find out hopefully.

#511 6 years ago

So what will be the next Pinside game to be "willed into existence?"

Allegedly Stern has been sitting on Jaws for years but I'm sure the licensing for that would be a nightmare.

#512 6 years ago

Perhaps Iron Maiden isn't a big thing in the USA, but there are more than enough blood brothers in the rest of the world who will buy one!

Somwhere I read they sold 80-90 million albums worldwide. And their last album from 2015 was a commercial success too, reaching the no. 1 spot in 24 countries.

#513 6 years ago

The recent interview with Keith gives me real optimism that the rules will be great - no epically long borefest

#514 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Allegedly Stern has been sitting on Jaws for years but I'm sure the licensing for that would be a nightmare.

It will be Jaws and you won't be able to show any actors speaking or sharks opening their mouths. And hillbilly from TWD with throw on his Irish accent and narrate it.
Shut up and send them your monies

#515 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Beavis and Butt-Head because I heard someone farted in the Stern factory.

#516 6 years ago

The boys just changed their FB profile pic. Look like pf art to you?
FB_IMG_1520349454417 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1520349454417 (resized).jpg

#517 6 years ago

Jaws may be expensive, but probably not hard to license. Back in the 70's actors didn't posses the supplemental rights they have today to be compensated for distributing their clips, etc...

Spielberg also was only 26-27 years old, just getting started, so the control he has over his films now wasn't applicable to Jaws.

Yup, just go straight to Universal and get what you need. Could be very pricey, but most likely not complicated.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

No.

23517800_10154881022932051_7102341615180571310_n (resized).jpg23517800_10154881022932051_7102341615180571310_n (resized).jpg

#519 6 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Interesting kind of cartoony art more family friendly.

#520 6 years ago

Ha. Thought it might be that game/art. I've actually never played it. Still a win, can't wait for the next tour and some old gems.

#521 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Perhaps Iron Maiden isn't a big thing in the USA

They are. Millions of us over here that can't get enough of them.

#522 6 years ago

Copied from a different post:
While your list is absolutely correct it didn't take much to be number one apparently, below are the current certification numbers for that album. In 2008, Canada actually lowered the bar from 50k to 40k for gold, its lowest level. This would be a fantastic looking pin, but it wouldn't drive sales. IM fans are hardcore, love the art, but I don't see the cash outlay it would take to get a game being a regular occurrence of it fans. KISS fans weren't even dumb enough to buy a lot of the crap stern just put out. IM fans are generally smarter than them.

Brazil (ABPD) Platinum[97] 45,000
Canada (Music Canada) Gold[98] 40,000
Colombia (ASINCOL) Gold[99] 5,000
Finland (Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland) Platinum[100] 20,000
France (SNEP) Gold[101] 50,000
Germany (BVMI) Gold[102] 100,000
Italy (FIMI) Gold[103] 30,000
Norway (IFPI) Gold[104] 15,000
Poland (ZPAV) Gold[105] 10,000
Russia (NFPF) Gold[106] 10,000
Sweden (IFPI) Gold[100] 20,000
Switzerland (IFPI) Gold[107] 15,000
United Kingdom (BPI) Gold[108] 100,000

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The recent interview with Keith gives me real optimism that the rules will be great - no epically long borefest

Ugh. I hope this doesn't mean its a calculator game. I'd much rather have a long mode heavy game than a score multiplier game.

#524 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Beavis and Butt-Head because I heard someone farted in the Stern factory.

Beavis & Butthead Do America could be a great pinball theme. Just don't see a big player doing it due to B & BH being long past new content production ... and the necessity and likely expense of licensing the soundtrack would probably be a bank breaker for boutique manufacturers.

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Beavis & Butthead Do America could be a great pinball theme. Just don't see a big player doing it due to B & BH being long past new content production ... and the necessity and likely expense of licensing the soundtrack would probably be a bank breaker for boutique manufacturers.

FYI. In Keith's interview, he talked about a Beavis and Butt-Head game he designed a few years ago.

#526 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Ugh. I hope this doesn't mean its a calculator game. I'd much rather have a long mode heavy game than a score multiplier game.

Multipliers used correctly add a ton of longevity to games. Part of the reason AC/DC, MET, and KISS are such good games.

Not sure about SW with 40x scoring and having to constantly move the multipliers. Haven't had enough time on it to really assess.

Risk/reward is what gives games that 'one more go' factor.

I guess we will find out pretty soon what the rules are like.

#527 6 years ago

But, i wont completely rule out that legacy of the beast is the overall theme of the pin.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Multipliers used correctly add a ton of longevity to games.
Not sure about SW with 40x scoring and having to constantly move the multipliers.

You'll be happy to know it adds longevity to the game and great risk vs reward elements
But the hip new thing in Pinball is to not like scoring points so it's a little confusing

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It will be Jaws and you won't be able to show any actors speaking or sharks opening their mouths. And hillbilly from TWD with throw on his Irish accent and narrate it.
Shut up and send them your monies

That sounds about right. 2/3rds of the actors are dead, the other probably doesn't give a shit, sound-a-likes might not be allowed, the music wouldn't be included in the license, Spielberg is expensive, you'd have to deal with the (also dead) author's estate, there probably isn't a surviving dialog-only audio track and the video clips would cost a fortune.

Have fun with that!

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That sounds about right. 2/3rds of the actors are dead, the other probably doesn't give a shit, sound-a-likes might not be allowed, the music wouldn't be included in the license, Spielberg is expensive, you'd have to deal with the (also dead) author's estate, there probably isn't a surviving dialog-only audio track and the video clips would cost a fortune.
Have fun with that!

Well you know what they say around here; "all that sounds just horrible, but what does the topper look like?"

#531 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You'll be happy to know it adds longevity to the game and great risk vs reward elements
But the hip new thing in Pinball is to not like scoring points so it's a little confusing

I'm not new to pinball or collecting by any means. I have always enjoyed mode-heavy games better than abacus games. I have both ACDC and MET. I like the MET-style ruleset far better. I can appreciate both, but have a heavy preference towards goal-based achievements rather than high score. Its not that I don't care about points, but c'mon... these are my games, all filled with my name in the high score tables. Rolling into the gameroom and putting a big score on ACDC is not as satisfying as working towards completing MET modes. That does not make me a hipster, sir.

Either way... its Maiden, so bring it on.

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you know what they say around here; "all that sounds just horrible, but what does the topper look like?"

It's a one quarter scale Chief Brody, possibly aiming a one quarter scale M1 Garand, unless his widow hates guns in which case it will be turned into a fishing rod.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

It’s not nearly as whack as WWE and Mustang. Stern does music pins of successful global bands. Iron Maiden is basically successful for four decades. There is a probably a decent intersection of pinball fan demographic and Iron Maiden fan demographic. I don’t think it’s a homerun like Star Wars, Ghostbusters, etc, but it’s nowhere near the same whack category as WWE & Mustang.
WWE and Mustang were not only odd choices but were generally received as not fun to play, unique as they are.
Iron Maiden, if rumors are true, seems likely to benefit from being a fresh design with fresh rules from a dude who gets it because he has been completing pinball machines for years. Just trying to reiterate that it’s unlikely to fall into a WWE Mustang group in my op.
Shouldn’t have to wait too much longer to find out hopefully.

Mustang is pretty damn fun. It’s a good game, and the theme doesn’t bother me at all, I just don’t understand why Stern felt compelled to make it. $ from Ford I guess? I’ve never played WWE so don’t know.

Sounds like Iron Maiden has a solid global following, so maybe that’s the reason. The pinball demo definitely intersects with certain music (and other) demos, and Iron Maiden evidently qualifies.

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I have always enjoyed mode-heavy games better than abacus games. I have both ACDC and MET. I like the MET-style ruleset far better.

Met is not mode based

Quoted from PinCrush:

I can appreciate both, but have a heavy preference towards goal-based achievements rather than high score.

Then I have a great game for you; Star Wars. Has tons of modes and multiballs after each set of modes are complete.

Quoted from PinCrush:

Its not that I don't care about points, but c'mon... these are my games, all filled with my name in the high score tables. Rolling into the gameroom and putting a big score on ACDC is not as satisfying as working towards completing MET modes. That does not make me a hipster, sir.

Sure I get what you're saying here. But throwing a title on something and dismissing is is silly.
WH20, is kind of mode based but not really....they aren;t great modes anyway.
Met is not mode based...and is completely dependent on scoring. I mean do yoiu veer leave CIU modes without doubling it?
Do not try to jack fucking pot the MB in it? That's all "abacus" in there man!

EDIT: I also never call people "Hipsters." Stern games have been filled with multiplication shots/modes since they were Data East.

#535 6 years ago

Mustang is pretty damn fun. It’s a good game, and the theme doesn’t bother me at all, I just don’t understand why Stern felt compelled to make it. $ from Ford I guess?

Wasn't it supposed to be a Fast and Furious pin and the license fell through?

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Met is not mode based

Funny. You know exactly what I'm saying but decide to argue semantics.

Anyway, can't wait for Maiden. Sold MET to make room for it - and kept ACDC, which is terribly inconsistent with my stated preference. The dang neighbors love ACDC... more approachable I guess. MET had to go since I'm the only one that plays it. I bet I'm the only one that will play Maiden too. Ha.

#537 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Have fun with that!

Just get the voice and music Zen used.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Funny. You know exactly what I'm saying but decide to argue semantics.

I actually don't and wasnt trying to to but no worries.

I couldn't give 2 shits aboot Metallica but loved it also... Whom know Maiden could end up being my favorite ever, You never know!

#539 6 years ago

The "crank it up " on Metallica seem to be modes ,I am pretty sure completing those gets you to the" End of the Line" . If you are playing to get there the game could be considered mode based .
I'd rather see Iron Maiden be more mode based than metallica , I'd be more likely to buy it that way . Although I like metallica I don't need to own another game that has rules too close to the same .

#540 6 years ago

Yeah lets don't have another "Crank It Up Mode" on IMDN, been done twice now.

#541 6 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The "crank it up " on Metallica seem to be modes ,I am pretty sure completing those gets you to the" End of the Line" . If you are playing to get there the game could be considered mode based .

Battle for the kingdom is a mode... I wouldn't call collecting a certain number of castles (or snakes, sparky hits) makes them modes.

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

» YouTube video

Music is pretty good, to be fair the layout looks pretty damn good, I’ll take one

#543 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

» YouTube video

Zen gets really good sound-a-likes (Star Wars) wonder why Stern can't?

#544 6 years ago

Leaked pic! Here it is!

IronMaiden-leaked (resized).jpgIronMaiden-leaked (resized).jpg

#546 6 years ago

LOL.

That picture is a TWD altered!

#547 6 years ago

vancouver.craigslist.ca link

LOL'd... Thanks @extraballingtmc...

(I didn't write it)

#549 6 years ago

Tomorrow is the day.

#550 6 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Tomorrow is the day.

Why tomorrow?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.