IMFL (resized).png
115646FD-F806-4E1D-9ACA-5D62CAC9CAF2 (resized).jpeg
im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.
#451 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

2 weeks they announce new title
Horns crossed

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#452 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Did rufer lie to pinside again about the iron maiden reveal?

You got a problem ?

I don't lie, I make educated guesses by multiple sources of information gathered from abroad. I never said nor did I ever have concrete flat out confirmation that it was going to be at the arcade Expo show in Vegas but it certainly would make sense to have an announcement for that show. Never said It was going to be in person revealed. It's widely known the game is next multiple distributors know that as well and Have made that information known to their customers.

But if Stern doesn't have a pro or two at the Texas show I know I said that would be a huge fail on their part.

Now yesterday and today I've heard from a few people that there's licensing issues that they're waiting to get approvals on so it's not gonna have anything shown probably not till April. If you want some answers contact your distributor or Stern directly.

Sorry I can't monitor pinside 24/7 this is our busy time of the season, we work seven days a week long hours in March.

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Now yesterday and today I've heard from a few people that there's licensing issues that they're waiting to get approvals on so it's not gonna have anything shown probably not till April.

At least I find this funny.

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

At least I find this funny.

Like I said if they don't have anything to show at Texas it's a huge fail because I think that show is even larger than the Chicago expo.

Somebody even mentioned that they don't wanna show any new product there because Stern doesn't want to compete with Chicago gaming and spooky, I think that's the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard.

#455 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You got a problem ?
I don't lie, I make educated guesses by multiple sources of information gathered from abroad. I never said nor did I ever have concrete flat out confirmation that it was going to be at the arcade Expo show in Vegas but it certainly would make sense to have an announcement for that show. Never said It was going to be in person revealed. It's widely known the game is next multiple distributors know that as well and Have made that information known to their customers.
But if Stern doesn't have a pro or two at the Texas show I know I said that would be a huge fail on their part.
Now yesterday and today I've heard from a few people that there's licensing issues that they're waiting to get approvals on so it's not gonna have anything shown probably not till April. If you want some answers contact your distributor or Stern directly.
Sorry I can't monitor pinside 24/7 this is our busy time of the season, we work seven days a week long hours in March.

Or you could just admit you were wrong.

#456 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

there's licensing issues that they're waiting to get approvals on

I'm sure Paul Di'Anno will eventually be coherent enough to sign the necessary papers.

#457 6 years ago

I heard the reveal is in South 'Merica where people actually give a shit aboot Iron Maiden.

#458 6 years ago

I don't know how I missed that comment, but where I'm from, callin somebody a liar will get yer jaw reshaped. Ffs. We're all just speculating...nothin is written in stone here.
Eddie will be here soon. That's all I need to know.

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You got a problem ?

No problem, teasing inside info and being inaccurate a decent amount of time tends to raise hopes and anticipation.

Please dont be offended by this meme:

you-sit-on-a-throne-of-lies (resized).jpgyou-sit-on-a-throne-of-lies (resized).jpg

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure Paul Di'Anno will eventually be coherent enough to sign the necessary papers.

Lol I’ve
Seen him and No.

Good news is I’m sure he signed whatever rights he had away decades ago along with selling his fillings for coke money.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol I’ve
Seen him and No.
Good news is I’m sure he signed whatever rights he had away decades ago along with selling his fillings for coke money.

I actually saw him on the Killers tour. ( I was 14) It was my first real concert. I didn't understand one word he said but by God it was a great show .Maiden fan for life. Saw Paul again a few years ago. Jesus. He looked, (and sounded) like a train wreck. He wasn't kidding about that rock n roll life style all those years ago.

#462 6 years ago

Rufer didn't say it was going to be revealed today. I did. And?

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I actually saw him on the Killers tour. ( I was 14) It was my first real concert. I didn't understand one word he said but by God it was a great show

For those that weren't there, I'd imagine it was something like this.

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I've heard from a few people that there's licensing issues

Is the licensing guy named Kevin?

#465 6 years ago

Give Rufer a break!

Some of you dudes are obsessed with what comes out next. I’m not. But if I were I’d be thankful to have that lunatic fighting it out in the trenches, digging for info where the rest of us dare not go!

I can imagine the kind of stuff he does to find out which superhero movie theme is next could get a man killed.

For the most part, his stuff always comes true, eventually.

#466 6 years ago

April would be a huge short term miss for Stern. Would it really “hurt” them? No, not long term, but lots of buying decisions are being made by pinheads at TPF. Deposits will be sent. A lot of people will get time on a game they hadn’t previously.

If GOTG is the Stern showcase title at TPF, almost everyone will be disappointed.

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Now that's funny.

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

kevins mom

#469 6 years ago

Wow I would have thought that AC/DC Luci would be on display..

Saving it all for TPF.

#470 6 years ago

I wouldn't doubt it if the only game Stern brings to the table at TPF is lame ass Luci.

#471 6 years ago

I wonder if this “licensing” issue might be related to the Hallowec by thy name song’s pending lawsuit. It is widely believed to be maidens best song and a big time fan favorite. The game might easily have been designed around this song as a major part of the theme and the litigation started after when this game design would have been pretty far along if not finished

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I wonder if this “licensing” issue might be related to the Hallowec by thy name song’s pending lawsuit. It is widely believed to be maidens best song and a big time fan favorite. The game might easily have been designed around this song as a major part of the theme and the litigation started after when this game design would have been pretty far along if not finished

Doubt it. They can remove the song and replace it later if they're using it at all. Wouldn't affect a reveal without it. Probably more like art approvals for cabinets, backglass, etc. Whatever it is, if they miss TPF because of it, another Stern opportunity will be blown.

#473 6 years ago

This just in!

Due to licensing issues and near completion of the game we have a compromise!

im (resized).jpgim (resized).jpg

#474 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This just in!

Ahhh so there the ones that recorded "Run for the Milfs;" NOW it makes sense!

#475 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This just in!

Nita Strauss is a pretty amazing guitarist

#476 6 years ago

Hope that in the event that the Maiden pin gets created, it will include every album. I love them all, no matter what singer

#477 6 years ago

Just switch it over to Steel Panther and release it already.

#478 6 years ago

Here are my gut feels on this one:

- Design credit will go to Gomez, they’ll say it was a complete redesign but it will be Trudeau’s game with the enormous flipper gap and cheap drains removed (like it matters anyway, all Stern’s IP).
- No way it’s Elwin’s game, his will be that other sarcastic super-hero one later.
- It will have music from their glorious 80’s albums with token representation from Book of Souls.
- it will have a large animated Eddy toy that follows the ball around the pf ala funhouse.

Announced at TPF. If it’s not they know it’s weak like GotG and avoid at all costs...

...unless instead they actually announce the next Gomez + Ka-Pow pinball game, most likely The Beatles, instead.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Here are my gut feels on this one:
- Design credit will go to Gomez, they’ll say it was a complete redesign but it will be Trudeau’s game with the enormous flipper gap and cheap drains removed (like it matters anyway, all Stern’s IP).
- No way it’s Elwin’s game, his will be that other sarcastic super-hero one later.
- It will have music from their glorious 80’s albums with token representation from Book of Souls.
- it will have a large animated Eddy toy that follows the ball around the pf ala funhouse.
Announced at TPF. If it’s not they know it’s weak like GotG and avoid at all costs...
...unless instead they actually announce the next Gomez + Ka-Pow pinball game, most likely The Beatles, instead.

Hmmmm! Ahhhh!! Nahhhhh!

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

» YouTube video

Pretty frickin hot too!

#481 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Pretty frickin hot too!

Yeah she’s legit.

#482 6 years ago

» YouTube video

Yeah her boobs...err I mean fingers were bouncing all over that guitar!

#483 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

Yeah her boobs...err I mean fingers were bouncing all over that guitar!

Mmmmmm, boobs

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Funny, cause Maiden and Steel panther are the only 2 groups I collect promo CDs, and merchandise for. All other music could disappear and I'd be all good.

Considered re-theming an austin powers to a Steel Panther. Toilet/glory hole and other ideas!

#485 6 years ago

» YouTube video

Wow....on so many fronts!!

#486 6 years ago

» YouTube video

I liked the comment "If you look closely there's a guitar..." hahahaha

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Funny, cause Maiden and Steel panther are the only 2 groups I collect promo CDs, and merchandise for. All other music could disappear and I'd be all good.
Considered re-theming an austin powers to a Steel Panther. Toilet/glory hole and other ideas!

Bet there wouldn't be any license or image issues with Steel Panther either. I imagine they would be super cool to work with and would supply custom voice work and just about anything stern wanted for 1/10th the price of the SW license.

Death to all but metal LE

#488 6 years ago

#489 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Comletely , I'm just going to turn the sound down either way

#491 6 years ago

» YouTube video

She plays with Alice Cooper now.

#492 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

She plays with Alice Cooper now.

Yep. Just went out on tour. Has a signature Ibanez guitar announced at NAMM too. Cool podcast link here if you're interested:

#493 6 years ago

Kids react to Iron Maiden:

#494 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Kids react to Iron Maiden:

Gives me hope for the Rock resurgence.

"[Aces High] Sounds like the Pokémon theme song..." is my favorite comment from one of the girls.

The fact that one girl says "Hallowed Be Thy Name" is the best song is also heartening.

#495 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/ironmaiden/videos/10154974151917051/

Just looked at this video - would be super cool to have something like this on the LCD screen

#496 6 years ago

Their Speed of Light music video has plenty of moments that could be used on the LCD. I would at least want them to re-use assets from the end of the video and, if at all possible, change the arcade cabinet into its own pinball machine:

#497 6 years ago

All I gotta say - if Gers is on the backglass, I ain’t buying it!

F**k off Gers!

rd

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from toymin80r:

Their Speed of Light music video has plenty of moments that could be used on the LCD. I would at least want them to re-use assets from the end of the video and, if at all possible, change the arcade cabinet into its own pinball machine:

You're talking about a machine that in best case scenario the main playfield toy will probably be an Eddie bobblehead and you want all that!!?

441-7341_PI_1000013MN (resized).jpg441-7341_PI_1000013MN (resized).jpg

#500 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're talking about a machine that in best case scenario the main playfield toy will probably be an Eddie bobblehead and you want all that!!?

They need to get their money back from the mountains of Groot laying around unsold. So probably a giant Groot head wrapped up to look like eddie that eats balls.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden/page/10?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.