(Topic ID: 316451)

Stern Iron Maiden - Sculpted Backboard & Oracle By THE ART OF PINBALL - New!

By liorillusion

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8837 (resized).png
IMG_3509 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3510 (resized).jpeg
245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20230306_233134704 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230306_233255194 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230306_213040120 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230306_211036145 (resized).jpg
PXL_20230306_211043693 (resized).jpg
8F03712C-9B1E-4DB9-B852-BE5039BF80FA (resized).jpeg
AC1FBCF1-AAF5-4DE3-A70D-4EB69D0CE294 (resized).png
7172AE0B-3F7F-40C8-A6CA-C79DF59BED1B (resized).png
B070D91A-D382-4E5A-B8E1-35277331EC01 (resized).png
267F523A-BE7D-43B8-8DEE-971B042AAD17 (resized).png
75A1A72B-90E5-4B4A-ADCC-29FBB50D23FE (resized).png
A8755C54-B768-4AC0-A4F8-EA94E062D48F (resized).png

There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago

Guys im seeing all of your feedback and i know its hard to install this creation but its not something that should happen.
we are taking now the whole batch and fixing the spacers / the backboard to avoid issues with the guard. we will also provide spacers to the guard so it won't need microswitch adjustment. it will take us some time to fix and ship all back. all customers that have those issues can get a new one for free! just contact me, and I will ship it directly asap!!!!

guys if you have any tips or notes please send me in pm and I will make them!

we are asking someone new to make new installation video too

Thank you and sorry for that

#202 1 year ago

The only issue I had are the Guardian switches and they were difficult to adjust correctly. I seem to have it now, but haven’t put any time on the games after the install.

8F03712C-9B1E-4DB9-B852-BE5039BF80FA (resized).jpeg8F03712C-9B1E-4DB9-B852-BE5039BF80FA (resized).jpeg
#203 1 year ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

The only issue I had are the Guardian switches and they were difficult to adjust correctly. I seem to have it now, but haven’t put any time on the games after the install.[quoted image]

Looks like you lost the magnetic part for the anubis guard please pm me i will send you on for free today!

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

Guys im seeing all of your feedback and i know its hard to install this creation but its not something that should happen.
we are taking now the whole batch and fixing the spacers / the backboard to avoid issues with the guard. we will also provide spacers to the guard so it won't need microswitch adjustment. it will take us some time to fix and ship all back. all customers that have those issues can get a new one for free! just contact me, and I will ship it directly asap!!!!

You are always a very helpful person, Lior! My installation difficulties are not major, and the entire Oracle and backboard look amazing.

I appreciate you sending an email to me. And, as usual, the folks here all work together to figure out bugs ... I have no worries about that.

My posts were not complaints, just a way to help others learn and to perhaps help me at the same time. I sure appreciate everyone's comments and Lior's patient guidance. It's nice to see a fellow who never takes offense -- he just wants to make it right for buyers. That is appreciated by guys like me.

Thank you, kindly!

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

You are always a very helpful person, Lior! My installation difficulties are not major, and the entire Oracle and backboard look amazing.
I appreciate you sending an email to me. And, as usual, the folks here all work together to figure out bugs ... I have no worries about that.
My posts were not complaints, just a way to help others learn and to perhaps help me at the same time. I sure appreciate everyone's comments and Lior's patient guidance. It's nice to see a fellow who never takes offense -- he just wants to make it right for buyers. That is appreciated by guys like me.
Thank you, kindly!

Yes yes I understand that, don't worry and Thank you
my English is not my first language so sometimes its sounds different
We are always learning and improving our quality and the installation. its all because of our great customers and feedback they give. now most products use magnets to hide screws. and we keep thinking on better solutions

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

How do you adjust the switches? (I thought the 66 and 67 were values, not the switch number - thank you for clarifying that!)
I need to get mine to stop popping up during game play. The backboard looks amazing, and I think it shouldn't be too hard to dial it in once I figure out how to manipulate those micro switches.

if you pull the playfield all the way out, you can see the switches on the back of the backboard. They are not easy to adjust. You shouldn't have to touch the bottom one (67). For me it is the limit at the top. Just enough to let the ball in and not have the statue hit the top.

#207 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

if you pull the playfield all the way out, you can see the switches on the back of the backboard. They are not easy to adjust. You shouldn't have to touch the bottom one (67). For me it is the limit at the top. Just enough to let the ball in and not have the statue hit the top.

Thank you. I did find them when I installed, but did not push much on them for fear of messing them up.

I did not notice the diverted pop-up problem until I played a game. It works fine in menu/test mode. It's just when I play a game that it won't stay "down" to send the ball down the habit trail.

Lior is emailing me his suggestions. He is really responsive - I could not be more impressed with him.

With his backboard, his Oracle, and the pinwoofer I just installed, my IM Prem is too awesome to ever sell!!

#208 1 year ago

Happy to report i installed my backboard mod today and no issues at all during install. I did put spacers on both sides as i feel it looks cleaner all line up but everything went together fine for me.

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Before you go adjusting switches is it the screws sticking out the back side of the farro mount that is hitting the panel? I noticed this on mine and to fix this all i did was place small washers between the farro and the mounting plate to help prevent the screws from coming out the backside of that mount

#210 1 year ago

Looks like you lost the magnetic part for the anubis guard please pm me i will send you on for free today!

Thank you for the offer. I have it. It wasn't installed.

#211 1 year ago

What are you guys doing about lighting now that you lose the GI from the backboard? I bought the LEDs Lior suggested that plug into the GI socket but I think all of the sockets are covered once the backboard is fully installed. Not sure if there is a free slot to put them or if I should just solder directly to the back of the bulb holder.

#212 1 year ago

So how do you actually adjust the this switch ? Anyone have a video clip ?

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

What are you guys doing about lighting now that you lose the GI from the backboard? I bought the LEDs Lior suggested that plug into the GI socket but I think all of the sockets are covered once the backboard is fully installed. Not sure if there is a free slot to put them or if I should just solder directly to the back of the bulb holder.

The extra lighting I think only needed on the pro and not the premium I believe someone mentioned on this thread, would like to see pics to compare, yes I wished the back piece lite up little more would be nice touch

#214 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

The extra lighting I think only needed on the pro and not the premium I believe someone mentioned on this thread, would like to see pics to compare, yes I wished the back piece lite up little more would be nice touch

Yeah I do have the pro and without the back GI it's a little dark. Not enough to prevent you from playing but I find it makes the glare on the backglass from the LCD a little more pronounced which is annoying.

#215 1 year ago

I got it installed in my pro thanks to a call with Lior. He's super helpful and provides great service for his mods!

The pro has less screw holes that can be used so you need to use some double sided tape and make some decisions on where you want it placed exactly. I ended up using the two screw holes behind the left torch for the left piece as well as some double sided tape between that piece and the left screw on the playfield handle. On the right piece I used the bottom two holes for screws.. The Pharaoh didn't line up quite right so I didn't use any screws at all for that part, I just used some strong double sided tape to tape it to the metal shroud around the target.

I 3d printed my own spacers to get the spacing just right and also printed a spacer with a base to support the upper right corner of the right piece.

Pro owners make sure you fit the plastic over the left ramp so you don't place the beetle too close to that. I had to re-place the beetle block because I didn't take this into account.

My only issue now is the lighting. It's definitely not too dark to play but without the lights under the glass on that side of the playfield you get a wicked glare from the LCD screen. I have the 50smd matrix lighting strip that Lior suggested but I'm not sure where to put it.

You'll have to take the staples holding one of the sockets out from the backboard and use that socket to run the LED strip. I might try sticking it on top of the backboard but not sure how that's going to look.

PXL_20230306_211036145 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_211036145 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_211043693 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_211043693 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_213040120 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_213040120 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_233134704 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_233134704 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_233255194 (resized).jpgPXL_20230306_233255194 (resized).jpg
#216 1 year ago

Anyone know if there’s a way to install the oracle and preserve the downward facing led that illuminates the pf? Maybe by getting a second mini LED board and using a y molex connector? Don’t have my game yet and am wondering.

#217 1 year ago

Installed mine yesterday - not quite 100% straightforward, I had two minor issues - one with the screw hole being just a tiny bit too small on the pharoah (easily remedied), and another where the guardian diverter was hitting the backboard on the way up (just had to cut down the spacer so the backboard was a little further back).

Both the backboard and the Oracle look totally amazing - excellent work Lior they really add to this (already brilliant) game.

3 months later
#218 9 months ago

Hello guys, as you can see in our social media and pinside, we were barely active and haven’t published many new creations in the last few months. We worked on most new titles and had around 15 products ready to post for Godfather, Godzilla, Bond, Foo Fighters, and Twilight Zone. But we decide to hold them for now.

We got many messages asking if all is ok, and the answer was YES we were still giving support and doing production for our creations.
The reason for that was because of good things.

The first one is we are moving to a new location in a different city that we will do all in one place instead of 3 studios that we had before. We were super busy with the move. It takes work to move all the stuff and machines. And we still haven’t finished the move yet, but we hope to finish it by July.

Another reason, and a great reason, is that we start to work with a pinball company. With who? You will know very soon, but we are now doing the whole production of the sculptures, mods and design for this company. We are also working on official mods and toppers for them and some secret designs! Some of you will get or already got a game with my sculpts inside, and its super exciting news!

We haven’t stopped to make mods. We will still make them after finishing with the move to the new location, and we are also going to do a big project with one of the biggest gaming and arcade companies to make some sculpts and art for their games and also some game room decorations and home decor that we will sculpt and produce with their brands.

We will post some new creations soon after we finish our move. We want to say a BIG thank you for all of your fantastic support over the years! And also for the amazing team at Little Shop Of games for their hard work and all of the support.

Thank you very much, guys.
Lior, The Art Of Pinball

245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg245519888_10220050181501531_7438717550169610737_n (resized).jpg

1 month later
#219 7 months ago

Spent a while working on installing this amazing mod yesterday. Took me a long time to get the upper switch adjusted right, and at one point thought I had mangled it to beyond repair, but I just kept at it and eventually got it dialed in.

However, today I realize that when the pf is back in, it slightly pushes the whole backboard forward, then rubs against the left side of the guardian preventing it from lowering fully. Have been unscrewing all the backboard screws again to adjust, but there seems to be no wiggle room, perhaps because of the fixed insets to guide it into place.

Any other advice?

I also just noticed that the painted corner of the left torch is chipped or rubbed off. Have no idea if it happened during install or was that way from arrival; I've been careful but there's still lots of physicality involved here.

EDIT: was able to fix the guardian rubbing left (I think) by removing just the top left spacer (O used three as per instructions). But now the left torch #1 screw pulled out some plastic and won’t go back in..

IMG_3509 (resized).jpegIMG_3509 (resized).jpegIMG_3510 (resized).jpegIMG_3510 (resized).jpeg
#220 7 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Spent a while working on installing this amazing mod yesterday. Took me a long time to get the upper switch adjusted right, and at one point thought I had mangled it to beyond repair, but I just kept at it and eventually got it dialed in.
However, today I realize that when the pf is back in, it slightly pushes the whole backboard forward, then rubs against the left side of the guardian preventing it from lowering fully. Have been unscrewing all the backboard screws again to adjust, but there seems to be no wiggle room, perhaps because of the fixed insets to guide it into place.
Any other advice?
I also just noticed that the painted corner of the left torch is chipped or rubbed off. Have no idea if it happened during install or was that way from arrival; I've been careful but there's still lots of physicality involved here.
EDIT: was able to fix the guardian rubbing left (I think) by removing just the top left spacer (O used three as per instructions). But now the left torch #1 screw pulled out some plastic and won’t go back in..[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey. very sorry for that. yes the guardian is little tricky to install.
we check them all before shipping so there is a minor chance it arrives like that but dont worry, you will get a new one for free
Please send me PM or email and I will send you a replacement for any part you need and also for the paint chip. And I will help you with the guardian issue via video chat or email.

Thanks

#221 7 months ago

After playing without the backboard lights ,we’ve opted to keep it this way as it has a BSD feel to the game now .I just love the mood of this pin a little darker than prior .It fire the theme perfect

IMG_8837 (resized).pngIMG_8837 (resized).png
1 month later
#222 6 months ago

Hey. very sorry for that. yes the guardian is little tricky to install.
we check them all before shipping so there is a minor chance it arrives like that but dont worry, you will get a new one for free
Please send me PM or email and I will send you a replacement for any part you need and also for the paint chip. And I will help you with the guardian issue via video chat or email.
Thanks

Thanks again for all the support on an amazing creation, Lior! You really stand behind your work and it is always a pleasure to get what you are working on. I appreciate all the follow ups with me to make sure it all worked out right. Thank you, thank you!!!

#223 6 months ago
Quoted from prentice:

Thanks again for all the support on an amazing creation, Lior! You really stand behind your work and it is always a pleasure to get what you are working on. I appreciate all the follow ups with me to make sure it all worked out right. Thank you, thank you!!!

My Plesure
Glad all solved!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 39.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden-sculpted-mods-by-the-art-of-pinball/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.