You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

heinomeme (resized).jpg
E171813A-3684-4A60-B13E-B242533C2AE5 (resized).jpeg
500x500 (resized).jpg
3AF651DF-9D7D-4F92-BE82-90D99ED7F0A9 (resized).jpeg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Hello, has anyone out there added different music to their Iron Maiden pin? I love this game but the music is just not my thing at all. Would be awesome like what Cleland did for Walking Dead

#2 5 years ago

Right there with ya'. Great machine but you really gotta' be a fan of Maiden for the music...

#3 5 years ago

What’s wrong with Iron Maiden’s music?

Asking for a friend

#4 5 years ago

I don’t like the band, but so far it’s perfect pinball music. I added a sub, and set music attenuation in the menu to 30. So now it’s background music. While the sfx and call outs are full volume..

#5 5 years ago

Swap it out with some Alan Parsons and I'd be onboard.

#6 5 years ago

I would like to know how to put other Iron Maiden songs in. The band has so many other songs I prefer from other albums.
Is there a way?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What’s wrong with Iron Maiden’s music?
Asking for a friend

Well done.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from ALY:

I would like to know how to put other Iron Maiden songs in. The band has so many other songs I prefer from other albums.
Is there a way?

You need a program called Pinball Browser and a little practice...

I'll be watching this thread. I'm hoping that by the time I get to own an IMDN, there will be a complete music swap out available. My suggestions would be Ozzie/Sabbath, Hendrix, Deep Purple and maybe a couple others in a mix.

#9 5 years ago

Its like taking a Harley and making it sound like a rice burner...... Uuuum no F'n way.

#10 5 years ago

This pin could sure use some Bread

3AF651DF-9D7D-4F92-BE82-90D99ED7F0A9 (resized).jpeg3AF651DF-9D7D-4F92-BE82-90D99ED7F0A9 (resized).jpeg

#11 5 years ago

Bread is entirely too heavy for a pinball machine. How about some PP&M?

500x500 (resized).jpg500x500 (resized).jpg
#12 5 years ago

Ozzy/Sabath would be so good!

#13 5 years ago

It's really easy to do, if anyone wants a custom mix lmk if you have a pro, premium or le and what songs you want and I can do it.

#14 5 years ago

Woohooo!!!!
Cleland is making me a custom music setup with of course I will get bashed hard as hell but I honestly don't care, half Jethro Tull and half Michael Jackson!!!! Thank you Cleland!!!!

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

half Jethro Tull and half Michael Jackson!!!!

Talk about going from bad to worse!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

Woohooo!!!! half Jethro Tull and half Michael Jackson!!!!

E171813A-3684-4A60-B13E-B242533C2AE5 (resized).jpegE171813A-3684-4A60-B13E-B242533C2AE5 (resized).jpeg
#17 5 years ago

I think a mix of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest could be pretty cool, living after midnight, some heads are gonna roll, etc.

#18 5 years ago
heinomeme (resized).jpgheinomeme (resized).jpg
#19 5 years ago

I don't get it. I don't want a Kiss machine because I'm not a big Kiss fan. I don't want an Aerosmith pin for the same reason. Unless you can afford to buy every game that comes out why not wait for the next cool one?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I don't get it. I don't want a Kiss machine because I'm not a big Kiss fan. I don't want an Aerosmith pin for the same reason. Unless you can afford to buy every game that comes out why not wait for the next cool one?

Elwin has only designed one pin...

#21 5 years ago

Exactly about Elwin, this game plays so damn good and it's finally different for a change!!!

1 week later
#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I couldn't agree more. I have an AC/DC and Iron Maiden LE because I like both bands and the games are actually pretty great. There are a lot of machines people love but have no appeal to me because of the Theme. I haven't imagined re theming TOTAN or Cirque Voltair or Medieval Madness.
Maybe they should buy an Archer since it is supposed to be what the game design was based off.

#23 5 years ago

If anyone wants custom music for their Maiden PM me, I have changed all mine over and it works super nice

#24 5 years ago

Here is the list of what I converted for my Iron Maiden Pro

Rime of Mariner to Bush/Machinehead
Hallowed be thy name to Marilyn Manson/Beautiful people
Flight of Icarus to Cake/Warpigs cover
Can I play madness to Black Sabbath/Paranoid
Aces High to Cake/Distance
2 mins midnight to White Zombie/Thunder kiss 65
The Trooper to Pantera/Cowboys from hell
Wasted Years to Beck/Gamma ray
Number of the Beast to Black sabbath/Sweet Leaf
Powerless to Lenny Kravitz/Fly Away
Fear the dark to Smiths/Bigmouth Strikes again
Run to the hills to Silversun Pickups/The Pit

Game is so much fun for me now!!!

#25 5 years ago

Did you or can you change the song selection screen or does it still say the original songs?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

Love the Cake selections!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

Rime of Mariner to Bush/Machinehead
Hallowed be thy name to Marilyn Manson/Beautiful people
Flight of Icarus to Cake/Warpigs cover
Can I play madness to Black Sabbath/Paranoid
Aces High to Cake/Distance
2 mins midnight to White Zombie/Thunder kiss 65
The Trooper to Pantera/Cowboys from hell
Wasted Years to Beck/Gamma ray
Number of the Beast to Black sabbath/Sweet Leaf
Powerless to Lenny Kravitz/Fly Away
Fear the dark to Smiths/Bigmouth Strikes again
Run to the hills to Silversun Pickups/The Pit
Game is so much fun for me now!!!

I get everyone has different opinions but I don't agree with changing the music. It's part of the package. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Simple.

#28 5 years ago

The song selection screen is still the same, the reason I changed the music is I love the gameplay and layout alot! Just music wasn't the greatest, for me and my family this is a way better experience for us now

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Love the Cake selections!

Thanks Crispin, thinking of doing an all Cake version too! They are one of my favorites

#30 5 years ago

I changed every song to Elvis Presley's "in the ghetto" and now my auto plunger works flawlessly! After my sock between the flippers mod, I've achieved "can I play with your penis" mode 3 times!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

If you don't like it, don't buy it! Simple.

Why mod any machines at all then, are you against that? No you aren't.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I get everyone has different opinions but I don't agree with changing the music. It's part of the package. If you don't like it, don't buy it! Simple.

It's not like they're suggesting that every IMDN no longer plays Iron Maiden's music. Their *one game* will have different music. You're never going to play theirs.

They are in fact supporting Stern and Keith Elwin by purchasing the game. With any luck, that means we may get to see Stern release more Elwin designs in the future...which to me it's a breath of fresh air after all this cut-and-paste bs they've frequently been churning out over the past couple years.

Hell, the op didn't start this thread to ask whether or not he should change the music. He wants to, and is looking for a solution (which he already appears to have found!). I'm not surprised it drew criticism, but it's his game to do whatever he wants with. It's a cool, unique game regardless what the soundtrack is. If it enhances his enjoyment to have different music playing, why shouldn't he do so?

#33 5 years ago

There are people that voluntarily want to hear Lenny Kravitz's 'Fly Away'?

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why mod any machines at all then, are you against that? No you aren't.

I don't really see this as a mod. More like a alteration that just shouldn't be! This is just my opinion. If it makes someone happy with their game, so be it. Just not something I would do.

#35 5 years ago

My Iron Maiden Premium plays all Megadeth songs, and it fits perfect for this pin. I'd be happy to list the songs if anyone wants to know.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I don't really see this as a mod. More like a alteration that just shouldn't be!

Same way I feel aboot 90% of mods But it's just another easily reversible "thing" you add to the game.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

My Iron Maiden Premium plays all Megadeth songs, and it fits perfect for this pin. I'd be happy to list the songs if anyone wants to know.

I would love a version of that one too! Send me a PM

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from frunch:

It's not like they're suggesting that every IMDN no longer plays Iron Maiden's music. Their *one game* will have different music. You're never going to play theirs.
They are in fact supporting Stern and Keith Elwin by purchasing the game. With any luck, that means we may get to see Stern release more Elwin designs in the future...which to me it's a breath of fresh air after all this cut-and-paste bs they've frequently been churning out over the past couple years.
Hell, the op didn't start this thread to ask whether or not he should change the music. He wants to, and is looking for a solution (which he already appears to have found!). I'm not surprised it drew criticism, but it's his game to do whatever he wants with. It's a cool, unique game regardless what the soundtrack is. If it enhances his enjoyment to have different music playing, why shouldn't he do so?

Quoted from frunch:

Frunch
Thank you for this write up! It is an amazing game and Keith has lots of different ideas for sure which is what we all need!! I have a few people hitting me up to help with changing their music as well which I am helping if it makes their game experience better!

#40 5 years ago

My pin now plays the following Megadeth songs:

Train of Consequences (Can I Play With Madness)
The World Needs A Hero (Aces High)
The Disintegrators & Kick the Chair (Fear of the Dark)
Sweating Bullets, Foreclosure of a Dream, & Architecture of Aggression (Rime of the Ancient Mariner)
Skin O' My Teeth & Symphony of Destruction (Hallowed be thy Name)
She-Wolf (Flight of Icarus)
Seven (Wasted Years)
High Speed Dirt (Number of the Beast)
Have Cool Will Travel (Run to the Hills)
Dread and the Fugitive Mind (Trooper)
Ashes In Your Mouth (2 Minutes to Midnight)
1000 Times Goodbye (Powerslave)

So for the longer songs I added multiple songs, you just have to kick butt on those games to hear all the songs in their entirety

And it just so happens almost none of the Rust in Peace songs fit the right length, a shame as that's one of my all time favorite metal albums but I do love the songs I added and it really does fit well IMO.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

My pin now plays the following Megadeth songs:
Train of Consequences (Can I Play With Madness)
The World Needs A Hero (Aces High)
The Disintegrators & Kick the Chair (Fear of the Dark)
Sweating Bullets, Foreclosure of a Dream, & Architecture of Aggression (Rime of the Ancient Mariner)
Skin O' My Teeth & Symphony of Destruction (Hallowed be thy Name)
She-Wolf (Flight of Icarus)
Seven (Wasted Years)
High Speed Dirt (Number of the Beast)
Have Cool Will Travel (Run to the Hills)
Dread and the Fugitive Mind (Trooper)
Ashes In Your Mouth (2 Minutes to Midnight)
1000 Times Goodbye (Powerslave)
So for the longer songs I added multiple songs, you just have to kick butt on those games to hear all the songs in their entirety
And it just so happens almost none of the Rust in Peace songs fit the right length, a shame as that's one of my all time favorite metal albums but I do love the songs I added and it really does fit well IMO.

For songs not long enough just merge the song 2 times together and add it, I did this for a few of mine and works great

#42 5 years ago

Awesome song choices Profgrif !! And if you decide to go all Cake (one of my favorite bands), sign me up please

7 months later
#43 5 years ago

Looking for some help with a few questions related to customizing Maiden's music using Pinball Browser...

Loving owing this game but thinking about a slight change in one of the tracks. It looks like Powerslave is about the only song not used in a game mode but is that true?

Is it also possible to load more than one song as a choice? I thought this was possible and that the game would pick one of the choices at random.

I've bought the amazing Spitfire mod from Rod's Mods and mounted it on the left ramp. Normally a right ramp shot plays the fly-by sound fx but this should be easy to swap right? I think I just need to find the corresponding fx and swap them over.

Last question, is it possible to change the song selection gfx in Pinball Browser? I can view all of the videos but can't see where images are stored.

Cheers!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

It looks like Powerslave is about the only song not used in a game mode but is that true?

Powerslave is used in mummy multiball.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Is it also possible to load more than one song as a choice? I thought this was possible and that the game would pick one of the choices at random.

I believe that's only for PinSound boards, which can't be used in Stern Spike games. Pinball Broswer can only do an exact 1-for-1 song replacement of the same length (or shorter, I guess).

Quoted from thewool:

Last question, is it possible to change the song selection gfx in Pinball Browser?

Not yet. I hope that functionality can be added.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Powerslave is used in mummy multiball.

Quoted from yancy:

I believe that's only for PinSound boards, which can't be used in Stern Spike games. Pinball Broswer can only do an exact 1-for-1 song replacement of the same length (or shorter, I guess).

Not yet. I hope that functionality can be added.

Cool thanks for the replies. I honestly never realised Powerslave was used in MMB!

It would still be cool to have this song as a multiple choice if that's possible. I thought you could do this as I've seen in PB that it sometimes has several scrips under a sound request. But maybe you can only do this if the scripts already exist.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

If anyone wants custom music for their Maiden PM me, I have changed all mine over and it works super nice

Can you post of a video of this bc if it's really good I literally might get a pro bc I loved the game but hated the music thanks

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Looking for some help with a few questions related to customizing Maiden's music using Pinball Browser...
Loving owing this game but thinking about a slight change in one of the tracks. It looks like Powerslave is about the only song not used in a game mode but is that true?
I've bought the amazing Spitfire mod from Rod's Mods and mounted it on the left ramp. Normally a right ramp shot plays the fly-by sound fx but this should be easy to swap right? I think I just need to find the corresponding fx and swap them over.
Last question, is it possible to change the song selection gfx in Pinball Browser? I can view all of the videos but can't see where images are stored.
Cheers!

Please post if you figure out how to switch the plane sound effects from right ramp to left ramp. I’m on same situation with spitfire mod. Thanks.

3 months later
#49 4 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Please post if you figure out how to switch the plane sound effects from right ramp to left ramp. I’m on same situation with spitfire mod. Thanks.

To switch the left/right ramps sounds you need to swap the following:

Sound# 62 - 0x126 = l/ramp fx
Sound# 63 - 0x118 = r/ramp plane fx

Note: you'll need to trim the plane sound so the duration fits

I also added Moonchild to the playlist, that intro synth and initial build up fit the game perfectly!

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

To switch the left/right ramps sounds you need to swap the following:
Sound# 62 - 0x126 = l/ramp fx
Sound# 63 - 0x118 = r/ramp plane fx
Note: you'll need to trim the plane sound so the duration fits
I also added Moonchild to the playlist, that intro synth and initial build up fit the game perfectly!

Thanks for posting. I have no idea what you mean though. ... lol. Definitely too advanced for me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden-music-change and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.