019.JPG
018.JPG
015.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
014.JPG
013.JPG
010.JPG

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Testing of the first set of glass is going on later this month. I was just at the printer & he cleaned up a few things. So if you are in need of only 1 glass (inner or outer), or the set that shouldn't be a problem. Pictures & pricing to follow if everything looks ok.

#2 9 years ago

You had me excited for a minute there!

#3 9 years ago

Well I think people will be happy with finding new replacements on demand. The art looked very good from the cruse scans. Hopefully more people will help out with art.

#4 9 years ago

I did the touch up on the cruse scans for this one, I'm very curious to see how it all prints. I had to recreate a little of the art, but it was it pretty good shape.

#5 9 years ago

Thank's a lot Aurich to help me with this! very appraciated!

Don't be shy to deal with john very easy to deal with! We need more art, backglass, plastics or playfield... to have it reproduce!

The poeple at cruse scan compagny was very nice also. Maybe this will bring back to life a couple more Iron maiden!

Classic stern power!

#6 9 years ago

The printer removed a little dirt on top left corner outer glass & some half circle color test at top edges. He also made the 1 - 4 player in white, 2% yellow so it will print white. If not it looks it is just bare glass in the displays. The credit in the window will be there.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The printer removed a little dirt on top left corner outer glass & some half circle color test at top edges. He also made the 1 - 4 player in white, 2% yellow so it will print white. If not it looks it is just bare glass in the displays. The credit in the window will be there.

I left the test circles since I assumed they would be covered once installed.

As for the 1-4 player, I've never even seen a real Iron Maiden, so I don't know how it's supposed to look, but I assumed those numbers were meant to be bare glass there so it would light up the yellow numbers on the front glass. Maybe not!? I had to recreate the numbers, so it might have been a mistake on my part to make them pure white.

#8 9 years ago

The number are there and they are white. make like a 3d effect with the number on the outer backglass

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

The number are there and they are white. make like a 3d effect with the number on the outer backglass

Ah, that makes sense. It's hard to tell on the scans what's white because it's transparent and you're seeing the background from the scan or what's white because it was ink.

#10 9 years ago

IPDB image that show you everything is white behind except the display window

image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg
#11 9 years ago

I just send john a PM because I forgot the texte for the tilt, match, etc...

1 week later
#12 9 years ago

I checked with the printer today & the glass test is in the jobs to be done soon. Maybe this week or next week.

#13 9 years ago

The file for the text is OK?

#14 9 years ago

Printer wasn't there but I believe its there. Just wasn't loaded on the computer yet that does the printer info. They already had it ready for billing, I passed on that since the glass wasn't done.

1 week later
#15 9 years ago

Here are the first 2 samples done. The printer did print the files as is, with the color test circles at top. Looks very nice as usual. Pricing will be $200 US front glass, $275 back glass, or $400 US combo (pair). Shipping is $60 US to USA/Canada.

If you want any you can paypal: [email protected]

These should be able to go out in 1 - 2 weeks, this month.

001.JPG001.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG 006.JPG006.JPG 007.JPG007.JPG 008.JPG008.JPG 009.JPG009.JPG 010.JPG010.JPG 011.JPG011.JPG 012.JPG012.JPG 013.JPG013.JPG 014.JPG014.JPG
#16 9 years ago

Hi John

Look pretty good, the only little mystake is the leterring suppose to be on the back backglass only, not in the front...

#17 9 years ago

I can easily scrape of your sample front glass for the text, & advise the printer. Here are pictures with the glass stacked. 1" yellow Foremost Plastic lense inserts used.

015.JPG015.JPG 016.JPG016.JPG 017.JPG017.JPG 018.JPG018.JPG 019.JPG019.JPG 020.JPG020.JPG 021.JPG021.JPG
#18 9 years ago

One of the best looking backglass of all time!

#19 9 years ago

Does it seem like it's lining up okay when stacked? Any issues show up? I'll make adjustments to the file if you need me to, no point in taking it this far and not getting it right.

#20 9 years ago

Looks great!

#21 9 years ago

That is some ass-kickin' artwork. Would look great in a row with Xenon, Vector, and Space Invaders.

#22 9 years ago

Any chance of doing a Alien Poker? I could really use one.
Thanx

#23 9 years ago

I believe Planetary Pinball or one of its vendors is doing that title. I don't do mirror glass at this time also.

#24 9 years ago

I can easily scrape of your sample front glass for the text, & advise the printer. Here are pictures with the glass stacked. 1" yellow Foremost Plastic lense inserts used.

AWESOME!
Where can I find an Iron Maiden pin to mount that BG in?
-mof

#25 9 years ago

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

AWESOME!
Where can I find an Iron Maiden pin to mount that BG in?
-mof

If you are serious.....send a pm. I might know of one for sale, but it won't be cheap.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

If you are serious.....send a pm. I might know of one for sale, but it won't be cheap.

What does "won't be cheap" look like, ballpark?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

What does "won't be cheap" look like, ballpark?

3k+, betting.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

3k+, betting.

A little more.....

#32 9 years ago

Here is the front glass with the text removed with a razor blade. Future ones won't have the text printed on the front glass.

I know that a bunch of Stern pins from our local big operator back 13 - 15 years ago. Were not bought because the glass was poor or missing, had worn playfields, & bad electronics. It's really amazing how now you can get a lot of replacement parts to get these going.

001-987.JPG001-987.JPG 002-998.JPG002-998.JPG
#33 9 years ago

Maybe one day I'll see one of these in person. By then I'll probably have forgotten which parts of the art I had to recreate.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe one day I'll see one of these in person. By then I'll probably have forgotten which parts of the art I had to recreate.

this is a great pin. really fun playfield. ...and then there's the artwork

#35 9 years ago

here's a bunch just sitting outside on the parking lot to get picked up...

_iron-maiden-top-1.jpg_iron-maiden-top-1.jpg____iron-maiden-lowerCab.jpg____iron-maiden-lowerCab.jpg

#36 9 years ago

She had sold for probably more, if the repro backglass was there at that time...

#37 9 years ago

Hey John, are you willing to ship oversea? I can post it in the flip-juke forum... Probably better chance to sell, most of the Iron maiden pins was ship oversea...

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

here's a bunch just sitting outside on the parking lot to get picked up...

_iron-maiden-top-1.jpg 235 KB

____iron-maiden-lowerCab.jpg 65 KB

She seem familiar to me...

#39 9 years ago

she found a great home

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I do compensate people who help do the art. So let me know if you are interested in this one or another glass that I have.

Very little art comes my way, which is a real shame. Much easier to do then new playfields or restorations.

#41 9 years ago

I do compensate people who help do the art. So let me know if you are interested in this one or another glass that I have.
Very little art comes my way, which is a real shame. Much easier to do then new playfields or restorations.

I'd love to own a set since I did some work on it, I just have no idea what I'd actually *do* with them. Not the easiest backglass set to display without a game.

Thanks John, we can talk about it I guess. I'm always happy to help with making things like this available for the community. I've honestly never even seen an Iron Maiden in person.

2 weeks later
#42 9 years ago

1st test set of glass went out. Printer is doing the next set, can sell separately also. You can also buy other of my Stern production in the same box to save on shipping.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've honestly never even seen an Iron Maiden in person.

It's f-----ing badass.

#44 9 years ago

Funny, I was just lamenting missing the one that Jeff whatshisface from eBay listed when he cleared out a bunch of his glasses.

#45 9 years ago

1st test set of glass went out. Printer is doing the next set, can sell separately also. You can also buy other of my Stern production in the same box to save on shipping.

Would love to hear feedback from an owner. It's tricky to fix the art on something when you've never seen a real one, but doubly so when it's a dual layer glass setup like Iron Maiden has. I tried to make sure everything lined up like it should based on my understanding.

#46 9 years ago

Ok here you go... I got the first set and everything line up very good. The repro one is little bit darker, but look very good. Here is two pics to compare... Very happy with it. I think everyone missing one or with a bad one should be very happy. For my machine, i will keep the back one original (almost perfect) and keep the repro for the front!
Original
image.jpgimage.jpg
Repro from John
image-498.jpgimage-498.jpg

#47 9 years ago

Looks good to me lit up in the game & when I took pictures on the table.

#48 9 years ago

Awesome. Well happy to help out, hopefully one day I'll get a chance to play one. You guys aren't exactly close to me.

#49 9 years ago

Here are the first 2 samples done. The printer did print the files as is, with the color test circles at top. Looks very nice as usual. Pricing will be $200 US front glass, $275 back glass, or $400 US combo (pair). Shipping is $60 US to USA/Canada.
If you want any you can paypal: [email protected]
These should be able to go out in 1 - 2 weeks, this month.

Guys I screwed up my costing on this, but will honor the price until January 31, 2015. You can either buy one glass (inner or outer mostly bare glass), or the pair. You can get up to 3 in a box shipped to USA/Canada $60 US. I will also offer a $200 US for any other Stern title I sell. You must paypal: [email protected] The glass will be manufactured & go out as these orders come in. Allow 2 weeks before they ship.

Here is the new Ebay listing: ebay.com link: Stern Iron Maiden Pinball Backglass Outer amp Inner Glass Pair

001.JPG 66 KB

002.JPG 82 KB

003.JPG 92 KB

004.JPG 89 KB

007.JPG 15 KB

005.JPG 85 KB

006.JPG 14 KB

008.JPG 24 KB

009.JPG 12 KB

011.JPG 87 KB

012.JPG 77 KB

010.JPG 70 KB

013.JPG 51 KB

014.JPG 30 KB

6 months later
#50 8 years ago

Hey John, Are these still available ?

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.