IMG_2676 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180325-100753 (resized).jpg
Eddie-Shark (resized).jpg
12400 (resized).jpeg
FB55FC5F-860B-48F7-AF97-E18B1C206C52 (resized).jpeg
C4A53FB9-B057-4E06-B1A4-274A50A66BBD (resized).jpeg
iron (resized).jpg
11429396-B6D6-43B2-82D1-535591334BF2 (resized).png

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from FParker185:

If they wanna see some dough from me, which I'd be happy to hand over if the game looks right, they will need to release some details before 8am Monday morning.

The only positive thing about stern is that you can now wait a year and a half before the code is up to an acceptable level and hopefully the major issues are also addressed before pulling the trigger on a possible purchase.

#52 6 years ago

I'm STILL after JAWS.

Eddie-Shark (resized).jpgEddie-Shark (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Here comes a $500 price increase, more flakey node boards and a year wait for 1.0 code. I have a 3 month old star wars sitting on location dead for 3 weeks+ losing $$$ while stern throws node and led board parts at it to try to get it all running 100%. I love iron maiden they are in my top 10 favorite bands but at this point I wish spooky was doing this one and not stern. I'm out on new stern games until they make a better more reliable/repairable system if that ever happens. Until then no stern games past the Sam system.

My experience with Spike/Stern has been strikingly different. I wouldn’t be operating if Spike never came into existence. Any trouble I’ve ever had has been rectified near immediately via Stern and/or my distributor(s).

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My experience with Spike/Stern has been strikingly different. I wouldn’t be operating if Spike never came into existence. Any trouble I’ve ever had has been rectified near immediately via Stern and/or my distributor(s).

I will say that Stern's customer support has been great with getting warranty parts but that's the problem it's just throwing parts at it until it works. When a node based game goes down out of warranty it is an arm and a leg to buy replacement boards. Volunteerpin is dealing with this now on a Got pro he had to pull from location over 2 months ago due to a node failure. He bought a new node board for $200 and has since discovered a bunch of other issues caused by the node failing. Another issue I've been dealing with on location at token game tavern here in Knoxville is their star wars machine had a node 9 failure stern sent a repalcement node board which worked but the failing board had taken out the trough opto boards and 5 led light boards. Stern said they would send out replacements. After another week I called stern because I never received the boards apparently they never got shipped. Then I received the trough opto boards but no light boards. And now the light boards should be here Tuesday. The game has been down for over 3 weeks not earning which sucks for the owner. Meanwhile my 27 year old T2 over there has been relatively issue free and what little issues it has had could be fixed on the spot or quickly with a part from Marcos. My Recommendation to the owner of token wa s if he wanted to route the new Sterns is to sell them off before the warranty runs out. If these star wars issues happened after the warranty period it would have cost over $1000 in node and led boards. It's a real bummer because the games are fun but until stern works out the kinks or reduces the cost of replacement boards drastically (like $50 each) I'm out.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

As long as she polished your shooter rod first or at least attempted to...then chalk it up as an lesson to remember in the future.
If a crafty pinsider made Stern "where's the code" shirts, I'd be happy to spend $20 on a Stern
"Where's the promo"version with eddy on it.

I'd love a Where's the Code shirt!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from boomerski:

I'd love a Where's the Code shirt!

Message this pinsider. He makes them, maybe he has a few left. He's a great guy and great to deal with.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/flashinstinct

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

What do you think?? That teaser trailer was a letdown. Any details? Opinions??

It wasnt a let down since you created a thread about it It wont be long till you find out what the playfield is like, but Stern have got you talking about it which is what they wanted!!

#58 6 years ago

I will say that Stern's customer support has been great with getting warranty parts but that's the problem it's just throwing parts at it until it works. When a node based game goes down out of warranty it is an arm and a leg to buy replacement boards. Volunteerpin is dealing with this now on a Got pro he had to pull from location over 2 months ago due to a node failure. He bought a new node board for $200 and has since discovered a bunch of other issues caused by the node failing. Another issue I've been dealing with on location at token game tavern here in Knoxville is their star wars machine had a node 9 failure stern sent a repalcement node board which worked but the failing board had taken out the trough opto boards and 5 led light boards. Stern said they would send out replacements. After another week I called stern because I never received the boards apparently they never got shipped. Then I received the trough opto boards but no light boards. And now the light boards should be here Tuesday. The game has been down for over 3 weeks not earning which sucks for the owner. Meanwhile my 27 year old T2 over there has been relatively issue free and what little issues it has had could be fixed on the spot or quickly with a part from Marcos. My Recommendation to the owner of token wa s if he wanted to route the new Sterns is to sell them off before the warranty runs out. If these star wars issues happened after the warranty period it would have cost over $1000 in node and led boards. It's a real bummer because the games are fun but until stern works out the kinks or reduces the cost of replacement boards drastically (like $50 each) I'm out.

Good feedback. Interestingly enough, that was my GOT before Volunteerpin
Anyways, I’ve been all up into to Spike since it arrived a couple years both at home and on loc. I’ve had: SW 2x, BM66 2x, GB, GOT 3x, GOTG. I’ve had a total of two node issues in about 2.5-3 yrs, one on BM66 I purchased at SFGE last year and it was fixed overnight via Marco/Stern, and another on one of my Star Wars and replacement was at my house in 3-4 days and fixed problem.

Maybe I’m lucky or maybe I’m due for trouble down the line- either way until that happens I’m all-in on Spike and will be putting LOTB at My Parents Basement on day one ASAP.

...Getting 0.60 games at home though... that’s another story

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from FParker185:

If they wanna see some dough from me, which I'd be happy to hand over if the game looks right, they will need to release some details before 8am Monday morning.

Lol. Dont hold your breath. Spooky will take it

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

hey! wanted to check out your webpage and it failed to load... then noticed you misspelled "amusements" with an m at the end.

Fantarama...... Thanks for the correction! I was doing this on my phone... I must have fat fingered it! Corrected
www.hemispheresamusements.com

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from FParker185:

official reveal will be Tuesday

#62 6 years ago

I love the way it looks.

Screenshot_20180325-100753 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180325-100753 (resized).jpg

#63 6 years ago

Just a little info from Stern for you guys that might help you out if you haven't found these already. There is a serial number cut off where games received these updates but I don't have that handy since I'm not in the office.

"Back in November of 2017, we offered 2 service kits # 502-7060-00 and # 502-7061-00 free of charge to all of our Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Batman and Star Wars customers. As a reminder, these kits were designed to improve the overall performance and stability of Node boards 8 and 9 and also eliminate any phantom switch closures which could cause activation of unearned features."

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-189-core-node-stabilization

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-190-core-node-capacitor-service

#64 6 years ago

Guitar Center used to sell a series of 3-D framed art

IMG_2676 (resized).jpgIMG_2676 (resized).jpg

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The three other threads weren't enough for you to pick from?

Sorry, didn’t see the other multiple posts.

#66 6 years ago

Crappy reveal but still Gonna be Maiden
Cannot wait to see this pin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.