stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 2 years ago

Name seems like a mouthful, from a marketing standpoint. I get that they want to leverage their existing Insider thing, so maybe "Insider Connect" instead, save a syllable? Ship has sailed either way, so this is just Monday morning quarterbacking.

P.S. Hi ZY! Looking forward to some monstrous art this fall.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

This was exactly my gripe about the streamed head-to-head competitions that were held.

The last few were played on the exact same machine at different times, and composited to appear live.

#189 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Hearing George talk about it, he definitely seems passionate for the platform.

Of course he is, he's been trying to shoehorn QR codes into pinball since Transformers.

No offense to GG or any Stern folks reading. I know time marches on, technology waits for no man, whatever. I just think QR codes and apron scanners are ugly.

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The subsection of pinball playing people that don't own smart phones is so small it's not worth worrying about at all

Yup. Low-res venn diagram of people without smartphones who care about online tracking of pinball play: OO

#291 2 years ago

Will pros have metal aprons going forward to house the scanner? If so I’m gonna miss my plastic bounce lazarus balls.

#345 2 years ago

Picture above shows the BM66 apron doesn't have instruction card cutouts on the right side, due to the collectible card mount.

1 month later
#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

Tried to log on and the Stern website said that my password was invalid for a password that has previously worked for probably several months. There was a click button to reset the password and when I pushed that button, the system said that it sent me an email to reset my password, but that email never showed up as far as I can tell.

Ditto. Stern, are you reading this?

#1134 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

The previous insider account you had is separate to the new insider. Stern will send an email out soon (they said) that will help you merge/transition the two.

Oh crap I just created a new one. Now I'm double screwed.

Speaking on behalf of idiots, they could've made this a bit more idiot proof. People don't read stuff.

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I see no problem with the ad.

It's a clever protest; more high profile than a post buried in a thread, and no one can directly reply to it. Pretty sure he doesn't expect any takers at that price.

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It's not clever. It's petulant and attention grabbing.

Oh, it's definitely that stuff too.

#1204 2 years ago

Agile methodology! Deliver the MVP (minimum viable product) and iterate from there. You guys are accustomed to being the guinea pigs for normal code anyway.

#1247 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

"12 character username limit, really Stern?" said the guy with the 13 character username.

Eternity2M83

#1330 2 years ago

Seth, if you're reading this, welcome to the madness. Get ready to be blamed for every change going forward. We fear change.

9 months later
#3717 1 year ago

My assumption is the board attached to it is proprietary, like other node boards. But who knows! I'm no engineer.

1 week later
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Can you do Wi-Fi updates without the IC hardware (after it’s been used to setup once)?

Unfortunately no. You can't even get into the IC menu without all three hardware components (scanner, micro SD card, wifi dongle). Seems like logging in as a home team player is exempt since that bit of functionality is outside of the IC service menu.

Would love to be able to update without the (seemingly irrelevant) scanner.

2 weeks later
#3920 1 year ago

8/7/6/5 PM (east to west) is a horrible time to reset the "day" in what I assume is by far your largest market. How's a bar supposed to run an IC promotion that ends on a certain day?

#3939 1 year ago

Is that orange door a restroom? Hang it over the toilet. I'm only half joking.

Maybe on the wall to the left of the door? Won't be easy to see when someone's playing the closest game, but at least it'll be eye level. Could even go portrait mode there.

1 week later
#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Should be in their interest that as many as possible is using Insider connected.

I heard from someone who shall remain nameless that they are happy with the loophole and have no interest of closing it, since they want as many games online as possible.

#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

To do the network update you will need to plug a scanner back in though before going into the network options menu.

This is another loophole I wish they'd open. No reason I know of why the scanner node board is needed for network code updates. It's just a blanket no-can-do for the entre IC service menu without all three physical components.

#4004 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

what if your game was already set to auto update?

I've just been told that this will work. Set it once with the scanner connected, unplug scanner, auto updates continue. Haven't tried it myself yet.

#4022 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

So the IC kit can be powered by one game, and connected to the other via RJ45?

RJ45 is the sole connection for power & data. It only looks like ethernet.

#4026 1 year ago

Sure, but what about the salaries of people who design them? There's an entire team just for video assets, not counting the traditional pinball design team. Another group of folks working on IC (whether we want that add-on is a different discussion). It's a probably a full-time job for one person just to crank out what passes for a manual these days.

Customers demanded video and innovation. They got both; now they're paying for it.

2 weeks later
#4092 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It is so freaking lame that when I run a leaderboard that I don't have the option
to exclude myself and then still play my games without counting on them...

Can't you just like, not login? I know, imperfect solution, you don't get achievements, but like ectobar said, I wouldn't hold my breath for an official solution. So many bigger fish to fry.

#4132 1 year ago

Achievements are pretty buggy/inconsistent, at least on Godzilla. I rarely care or remember to login, but I did last night. Had a 4 bil game where I was a few shots from Planet X, so naturally I racked up a lot of achievements. Went to check this morning and several things I definitely completed aren't achieved.

The most glaring contradiction is that I have the badge for an imposter battle, yet I have zero of them lifetime for the collect 10, 20, 30 badges.

Here's a list of everything I know I did, but wasn't achieved:
- Dominate Titanosaurus - Defeat Titanosaurus in one attempt
- Dominate Gigan - Defeat Gigan in one attempt
- Destroy Tokyo (c'mon Stern it's the first city!)
- City Control - Godzilla controls a single city (again, c'mon)
- City Conqueror - Godzilla controls two cities
- Slight Carnage - Collect a Carnage Bonus of 50 Million+
- Massive Carnage - Collect a Carnage Bonus of 100 Million+
- Powered Up Godzilla - Build up 25 total Godzilla Powerup energy in one game
- Start Terror of Mechagodzilla mini wizard mode
- Start Monster Zero mini wizard mode

These two I'm not 100% sure because I had the DJ up to 9x and collected most along the way. I know I collected multiple at 9x, so at the very least these are kinda lame if you have to collect exactly 3x and 8x, not above.
- 3X Destruction - Build Destruction Jackpot to 3X and collect it
- 8X Destruction - Build Destruction Jackpot to 8X and collect it

Added 17 months ago:

Oops, game I played wasn't updated.

3 weeks later
#4195 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Is there an insert for the apron reader so I can cover it up?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mechagodzilla-chillin-in-the-apron-window.html

Godzilla Apron.jpgGodzilla Apron.jpg

4 months later
#4783 1 year ago

You'll need at least one game or full kit with a scanner that you can borrow long enough to get IC setup on the other machine. You have to install a wifi dongle and micro SD card in the new game permanently. Once IC is up & running, remove the scanner and give it back to your buddy, or Godzilla, whichever.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

6,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sellersburg, IN
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.