stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 2 years ago

I think this is going to be transformative for the industry if done right. Also right up my Tech Experience ally
being a mobile app / web developer. Really peaks my interest if Stern is looking for any Full Stack Web / Mobile Developers
drop me a MSG. I would jump ship to work on this in a heartbeat.

I know so many people that won't go out to compete but this would drive them to do so again.

#77 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

There would obviously need to be some hand shaking between the game and Stern's back-end, but doesn't seem like it would be a big deal as the game could simply be in login mode and prompt you to scan the QR code on the apron with your phone*. In the end, you would end up in the same/similar state.

QR codes can be pretty power full means to communicate data. You can pass all sorts of data within a QR code. They can store up to 4296 AlphaNumeric values representing Objects. So you can communicate a lot o info with them. I believe there are also 3D / Holographic QRs in the works that have even
more storage. Outside of that you obviously going to need some secure account token that acts as an intermediary secure passage.

This would be cool if Matchplay or other tools could leverage some of this to document scoring on site as well. This just made my day with all the Negative crap out there some good news!!

1 week later
#649 2 years ago

I'm pretty excited about this development and see alot of potential to transform on location play for the better.
Some operators probably won't take the time to delve into this right away until they see it in action. I hope
that at the next major Pinball event that Stern puts together a helluva show to showcase what this can do.

One thing I haven't seen discussed is something that has been on my mind for awhile.
Changing some of the mechanics on how games are paid for. THIS seems a step in the right direction.
I imagine it would be pretty cool if users could buy 'credits' that get routed to the 'operators'. This would
help fix what I see as dependency on physical currency aspect of pinball. Who carries cash these days.
Broken ATMs, Change machines - hey everyones got a smartphone these days... Be cool if vendors had
a "Native" system that just works... Thinking Apple Pay / Samsung pay / Bitcoin without to much of a usury fee.

From a Players & Home owners perspective. I think with the initial roll out the playing at "verified" locations is
a good fix for the short term.

However, as a Home owner who does not get the opportunity to go out a lot ( Why I have 16 games at home )
I ultimately want some means of verifying my play.

Lastly:

NFTs could be cool. Or Awards for playing at multiple locations.

Oh and is there going to be a leaderboard app on location ( Is this in game or just phone ) . I'm thinking back to the
trivia bar games with the display and rankings. Do we just get a big display and connect the HDMI to our machine and
go to the site to see stats?

What's the official list of games that will be included in the first rollout? I'm hoping Jurrasic Park and Elvira 3 are on
that list. BKOR to

Well hope to be able to test these at home in next couple months if my games are supported even partially.

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'll sell you a pinball related NFT if you want one that badly. Low low price of 6k for some pinball related pixel art drawn in MS Paint!

Back in the early days of MMOGs I had quite a collection of NFTs but then Blizzard dumbed down the game and they instantly devalued.

10 months later
#3555 1 year ago

Really wish people would explain things more than expect us to sit thru videos all the time.

Just transcribe video job done.

#3567 1 year ago

Started updating the Stern Lineup today...

FD453211-A874-4F7E-AD2B-E41E9393AD3E (resized).JPGFD453211-A874-4F7E-AD2B-E41E9393AD3E (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 549.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

11,500 (Firm)
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=technicalsteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.