Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,423 posts - Hot topic!
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 minutes ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image0 (resized).jpeg
    20211019_224041 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-201457 (resized).png
    IMG_4944 (resized).jpeg
    58DFF476-9448-4C5E-8B9E-06441DCCB4BB (resized).jpeg
    house_of_mouse (resized).png
    E1B63B76-679F-4986-B5C0-2EE852744BA8.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BCFinsider (resized).jpg
    insider_locations (resized).JPG
    A816AF16-0512-4C10-B4F7-1F4B49CA8768 (resized).jpeg
    CanaKitWifi2 (resized).png
    CanaKitWifi (resized).png
    31F3F683-2317-4B89-BD7F-16A41A992FA4 (resized).jpeg
    E22A364C-3088-43D2-A217-B21F85124EFD (resized).jpeg
    FD525293-2A41-45C4-A35E-62CB2C8ECFE1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (15 days ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (14 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 56 days ago
    Quoted from Gotfrogs:

So I guess LE owners have to remove one of their special insets to add this QR reader if they want to add this feature to their machine? I wish they would have taken another route. Scorbit does the same thing but does not require a reader on the pinball machine.

Stern won't do that much of a user involved install. They will likely sell it as a full apron that replaces your apron similar to the UV kit for Stranger Things. I don't see them sending you just the QR scanner for you to install on your existing apron. I could be wrong.

#165 56 days ago

Hearing George talk about it, he definitely seems passionate for the platform.

#399 55 days ago
    Quoted from BaxterStockman:

My only real concern is how it'll look on my game. The images sure do look ugly. And it appears to take up a ton of space. Zombie Yeti mentioned having art around the stuff. But I'm guessing that's for new games going forward. I don't really want to lose what I've got on my TMNT. Wonder if I can put it on my coin door.
    I love the features that it could add however. Achievements are always kind of fun because it's your own personal progression. Sure you can cheat to get them. But what's the fun in that? Sure you can cheat to get achievements in other video games. But you know you never accomplished them.

I bet a bracket of some sort could be fashioned for the bill validator cutout. Good idea.

#606 50 days ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

TOPS died its own death because it did not provide enough of a repeatable operator incentive to pay for it.

I just recently enabled a tournament on the Spidey I just picked up. It's cool to here JK Simmons doing tourney specific callouts when you play a tournament game.

#636 49 days ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Getting 2-4 translites and a bunch of flyers won’t feed ongoing promotions.

I just won a Jurassic Park shooter knob at a launch tournament for AIQ. Not the whole assembly, but a legit Stern amber shooter know. They send some good stuff for those things.

#719 43 days ago
    Quoted from Blindseer:

TBH If the kits were $20 or free with a location monthly fee Id be more interested than $100+. To think that the service will be free or free forever is unrealistic. Locations that offer the service will be preferred over ones that do not have the service similar to the way Incredible Technologies handles Golden Tee. Stern needs to put the man hours for this to be worth the money.

I'd estimate ~$200 for the kits. Maybe $179 ish.

1 week later
    #793 35 days ago
    Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Yeah getting the same error.

It's not ready yet. I think someone said that way back in the thread.

#838 34 days ago
    Quoted from Flipstream:

Stern is still the cheapest of the new table manufacturers, and it's always been a requirement to "Keep up with the Joneses" for arcades.

With the new price increase, American Pinball is now the cheapest NIB game in town at $6300. They have a temporary $100 surcharge due to materials cost increase, at present.

#846 34 days ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Where will in go? In the instruction card slot?

It will replace the right hand side plastic lighted window.

1 week later
    #934 24 days ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

doubt it, Stern's internal team should be able to cope with this.

Agreed. They likely have rearranged the current licensor approved assets.

1 week later
    #1023 15 days ago

Tried to sign into my existing free insider account and that didn't work. Signed up for a new free insider connected account and that worked fine. Went ahead and did the upgrade for the all access. Got the confirmation email, but my account still says free. I'm sure it'll take a bit to update.

#1030 15 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Yay! I’m in! My existing username is registered probably from when I flubbed the system, but I changed it slightly and it worked!
    [quoted image]

I see you had the same issue as me. Had to shorten my name to RC_Cola. Too many characters with the full username.

#1107 14 days ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Is there an app to access your QR code quickly with, or are we just saving a screen shot of the QR code and using it?

No app, as of yet. Access the insider.sternpinball.com site from your phone, login and press the button that displays your code. Saving a screenshot would help speed it up, I'm sure.

#1262 11 days ago
    Quoted from scootss:

- Current way: Pay $40 and get access to exclusive content. No stuff sent to you. (definitely not worth it)

The current way still gets the yearly swag, just like before.

#1284 10 days ago
    Quoted from scootss:

I think the merch box is already gone. I believe Iheard it / read it somewhere and the page to sign up is now a 404 error. https://sternpinball.com/stern-insider/
    So perhaps I should have said...now you can't sign up anymore...

I chose the upgrade now option on Wednesday when I got into Insider Connected. The checkout page showed the merch in the pics and I better be receiving that stuff.

#1305 9 days ago
    Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I too, upgraded to All-Access with Insider Connect. A notification was sent providing a delivery from Stern tomorrow; I'd bet it's the items related to the membership.

Good to hear. My account finally shows All Access. That took several days to reflect on my profile page. No shipping notice yet.

#1307 9 days ago
    Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I too, upgraded to All-Access with Insider Connect. A notification was sent providing a delivery from Stern tomorrow; I'd bet it's the items related to the membership.

Got my shipping email today. Swag arrives tomorrow. Woot!.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rc_like_the_cola.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside