stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2129 2 years ago

Wired up a few days ago everything works like a charm! Will deal with the wires and mounting the switch box eventually. Highly recommend the investment if you have multiple games.

14C545C7-84D2-43A5-A3DD-4E423A5921B9 (resized).jpeg14C545C7-84D2-43A5-A3DD-4E423A5921B9 (resized).jpegE616D257-3DCC-4380-B63B-A0F1035FCDBB (resized).jpegE616D257-3DCC-4380-B63B-A0F1035FCDBB (resized).jpeg
#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

For imdn node boArd test when plugged in normal without the qr it displays the following. Cpu is at 0.50 and the rest are the same version as code node 9..This is what I see when I remove the qr and have no errors.. When I add the qr back in it says node 9 not initiated even after a bus test.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My maiden (premium) had a terminator in the node board closest to the qr spot that I removed and went through that jack. Not sure if pro is same or if you saw or removed any terminator plugs? I ran a wire from Godzilla pro qr reader direct to my other games to do my first update and saw no issues or errors. Hope this helps, best of luck!

2 weeks later
#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I received the file for a coin door mount for the qr reader from mattosborn and made some modifications in order to accommodate a 4-way manual network switch. I've never worked with 3d printer files or anything before but I did my best to make something functional and plan on making additional changes, getting it re-printed, sanding it, and painting it with a hammered black spray paint to better match the coin door. I'm very happy with the result and it is certainly better than opening the coin door to change which game is "connected." Again, huge shout out to mattosborn for sharing his work. I'd also like to give another shoutout to KingVidiot for his explanation of how to configure a network switch to utilize a single qr reader between multiple machines.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome, I would be interested in that .stl if you’re sharing!

Could you take a pic with the coin door open to show how that all lines up? Any issues there?

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Here's a pic of inside the coin door. It actually worked out a lot cleaner than I expected. Each of the rightmost cat5 cables run to a connector in the head of each of my games.
I'll gladly share the .stl, but I just have a couple of tweaks I'd like to make and test for a "final" version before I do that.[quoted image]

Nice work, thanks for your work and sharing the file!

6 months later
#3450 1 year ago

Is there a how to on overriding the connection to the prior owner on a used game? Thought I saw a post a while back but I’m unable to locate that now. Thanks! And if PINHEAD81’s Gameroom is reading this........please release your trade in.

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

You can delete a current registration on Godzilla I don't know about older games.
Service Menu > Net > Stern Insider Connected > Press enter to delete registration

Also Rush I am told, coming next update for the other games which makes sense based on last update date for those two games I guess.

#3497 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

It seems to go down quite often. I used to get excited thinking there was new features being added but so far I've never noticed any differences.
When I've noticed it, its normally during the middle of the night in the US (around 3am chicago time), so for us in Australia its normally during our busy time with customers.
Getting an email regarding planned outages would be greatly appreciated!

The thought that this was a planned outage is pure speculation.

1 month later
#4014 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

There are many ways to do this - I did a summary a couple months ago with the different options and pro's and cons. (click my silhouette, and go back a few posts)
A big question you need to ask yourself is - Do you need it to turn on and off automatically, or will someone be there to turn the TV on and off everyday? This kind of drives the primary direction you need to go in. The next question is do you just want to display the leaderboard, or do you want it to also display digital signage too? Answering these questions first will point you to the setup you will need.

post #3320 should be added to the key posts list. Thank you for your work on this Dave!

Quoted from davegauth:

As a follow up for operator looking to install Leaderboards on location.
Summary first: I'm going with Option 1 below. I like the idea of making additional signage/advertising that can be rotated on the display. Different leaderboards can also be rotated on the display. Being able to turn on and off wby themselves is also a big plus. One twist I will try is to use an HDMI splitter so 1 account can run 2 displays. I'll grab a couple of TV's on Prime day too...
Option 1 - Setup a Leader Board using Yodek (Sign Service, using Rasberry Pi) - 1 free Screen, Can get a Rasberry Pi included with yearly subscription, can turn Tv on and off at set times. Because it is a signage service, you can do a ton more than just.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Yodeck-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
Option 2 - Using Android TV This link shows how to use the ONN stick or box connected to your TV. I do not know if this can turn on and off your TV, or if the APP will automatically launch on start up.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Android-TV-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
Option 3 - Just use a Smart TV and use the/a web browser app in it to display the website. This works, as I tried it on my home TV - but it's cumbersome as you will need to turn the TV on and navigate to the Browser APP every time you turn it on.
Option 4 - Use a Fire TV stick or a Tv running Fire TV and download the Simple Tv Display app($20). This is supposed to automatically boot and default to the web page. Not sure if the Fire Tv's cna be set to turn on and off by themselves at set times though. A big consideration is Amazon prime day is just a week away and all the Amazon Fire TV devices and Tv's will probably be available for a big discount.

#4033 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Plungerboy Thank you,
I do have some updates to that post, I should probably create a new one with the new information.
Just FYI - I am using the Yodek player. I purchased the Rasbery pie from Yodek and have it on the 1 free account. I ran into trouble getting it to turn the Tv on and off.
* Your TV needs to have HDMI with CEC. most do, but some don't. Also you need to ensure CEC is enabled in the settings of the TV.
* You need to make sure your Tv is not in Eco mode. Eco mode turns off the standby aspect of the TV to save power. This means it will not see the signal the Yodek player send to the Tv to turn on and off.
* You must keep your TV plugged in to constant power. I have everything on a smart timer. But with my particular TV when the power is cut(like a smart plug does) the TV defaults to OFF... I mean fully OFF. It will not go back into standby type modes until you physically turn the back on manually. The Yodek player will not be able to turn it back on until it's back in the standby type mode.
Different TV's may react differently. But these are the gotchas I ran into.
What I do.... The Brewery hours are 12-10pm. I have the TV plugged directly into a wall outlet, with no smart timer. The Yodek player is connected to the smart timer that turns off at 10:05pm, and back on at 12pm the next day. I have the Yodek scheduled to turn the TV off at 10PM at night, this puts the TV into standby mode. I then have the Yodek schedule set to turn the TV on at 12:05pm the next day. When power returns to the Yodek player at 12:00pm it has 5 minutes to ensure it is fully booted and online before it signals the TV to turn on.
So far, this has worked great. I no longer need to check in and get everything running and/or shut down(or rely on the staff). I can check in on a video camera to ensure everything is up and running just in case.

I am working on setting up the ONN device for one location today, seems to work fine with the Stern guide my only observation so far is the ODIN browser they recommend doesn't have a usable text resizing option. It jumps from 100% to 150% scale which is unusable.

My other location has a leaderboard up and running but the venue owner set it all up on a TV I provided so I don't have the specs there but I will get them and post back here for reference.

3 weeks later
#4131 1 year ago

Our operator account is failing log-in with "please enter a valid email address" today from our custom domain, my personal IC login from yahoo works fine. Anyone else getting an invalid email error at the front door today?

1 month later
#4259 1 year ago

My read on todays data would seem to support that they changed something.

1 week later
#4313 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Here we go. Using your IC login to the website the 007 badges are out!!
[quoted image]

They aren’t activated in the code that shipped this week, maybe an update is coming soon.

1 week later
#4348 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

My insider pro account seems to be having some issues - can not see my machines or locations on the pro tab. Probably temporary, but just a heads up incase others are having issues right now.

Same, all day today. There was a planned outage last night I think?

4 weeks later
#4501 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Love how in one breath Stern are telling us Home Leaderboards wont happen because they want to encourage location pinball
[quoted image]

That's not a true statement, Gomez said it will happen recently in a podcast.

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I’m not an operator you are correct.
My son and I play on location twice a week for about $60 each time. So at $480 a month I think one free game each month is not out of the question but for some operators maybe that’s too much. At that percentage rate a match free game would happen more often at the default % rate but some places might even set that to 0. Our local spot does control matches and free games, with achievable levels, I’m sure Stern would give you the IC choice as well.

I think his point was that the free credits need to be location specific and not transferrable across operators since some locations are on free play, not that he's averse to free games.

#4542 1 year ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I'd like it if you could reset your Achievements for a game, so you can go back through earning them all again.

Create a second account?

2 weeks later
#4621 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is IC delivering remote game diagnostics for location games yet?

if it's online it parrots what you can get from the operator alerts in the coin door. More false alarms (weak WIFI and trough errors that don't matter) than actual issues but it does OK it's better than no info whatsoever.

3 weeks later
#4726 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Are the play counts still all screwed up? Mine are showing weird numbers that I don’t think are correct.

Yes the timing of the daily totals resetting is off seems to be the consensus.

1 week later
#4761 1 year ago

My pro IC is reporting 28 day totals that are less that the 7 day totals, which is literally impossible. WTF stern come on guys get it together with the counters and make this a useful solution that pro account owners are paying you for!

#4770 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

Pro accounts aren’t paid accounts, yet
Maybe you’re paying for insider +?

We have an operator account. It shows as PRO when I log in. It costs money, I'm not sure what your point is? I do not pay for insider plus. My player / home account is free and it does not say PRO when I am logged in there.

#4772 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

We use a pro account for location and it costs nothing.
His point is that we are not charged for pro accounts right now but most of us foresee it coming, and that the only paid feature of IC is insider plus.

Oh I see, I didn't set it up originally so my error there. I guess my buddy paid for the plus when we set up the pro for his place.

1 month later
#4858 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Because it’s never worked right since launch. We just got the daily working properly again, the 7 seems correct as well.

It appears to be daily is day zero, 7 day is days 1 through 8 working backwards in the calendar, and then 28 day is days is days 9 through 37 perhaps.

Horrible programming for a simple count, for sure.

3 weeks later
#4937 11 months ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just got 100 more insider connected coin door mounts back from powder coating. This is a great mod if you have a Pre Godzilla premium or LE machine that was sold before insider connected was launched.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount[quoted image]

There are no pre-IC Godzillas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballhaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=pinballhaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.