stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#162 2 years ago

I think it would have been nice to keep it as an optional extra/ mod

#299 2 years ago

I’m holding judgement on whether it’s a good addition or not until we see more. How it works etc isnt what I think Stern messed up here. It’s the addition of it on every new machine with no choice to their customers.

People saying if you don’t use it don’t pay for it, assuming it has a monthly fee but the fact is you’re already paying for it if you buy any machine with it on. It could easily just have been left as a retrofit item and not added more cost to every Stern machine from Sept on.

3 months later
#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just discovered ball one resets (or any other kind) still count toward your total play count stats

I always thought games played was a weird thing people want to know when buying 2nd hand. People could play on 3 balls or 10, no extra balls or several extra balls.

Balls played would be better information but still are your ball times 1 minute or 10? Is it kept in a temp controlled house or in a damp outbuilding? Do you clean and wax, fix faults and change balls?

Games played isnt really a good judge of condition imo

Edit - just realised you mean on IC. Didn’t look what thread this is lol. Anyway it probably counts on ic because it counts on machine audits

4 months later
#2948 2 years ago

Is the only difference between the pro and premium/le kits that you get a new apron with the pro kit? So if I have a pro with an apron with the hole already I can just order the premium kit and save some $ ? Thanks

#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

They are the same price even though the pro kit comes with more "stuff" and in a larger box.

The last batch on pinball life the premium le kit was cheaper, that’s why I was wondering if it was the same equipment minus the apron

2 weeks later
#3042 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Anyone have issues getting the Perfect Paddock awards in JP? Ive collected at least 3 different dinosaurs Perfect Paddock awards and none of them registered the achievement.

I don't have IC on my JP but I think I remember watching a stream, maybe Karl and he worked out it needs to be a perfect paddock on the same ball

1 week later
#3085 1 year ago

Does anyone know what size nuts/ bolts I need to connect a premium kit to a pro apron that already has the hole for the scanner. Thanks

3 weeks later
#3199 1 year ago

If you remove a retro fit kit from a game when selling it, is it ok to remove the micro sd card or does that need to stay in and just remove the scanner and dongle?

1 week later
#3312 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I and others have mentioned having godzilla scores that don't show up on the leaderboard. Checking the link you shared, I see my missing scores displayed. So Insider is capturing that info but, for whatever reason, isn't having it show up in all the places where it should.

I see my missing scores using that link too. My registered scores have my avatar by them, the missing ones just a grey circle. So it seems like they register but don’t link to individual profiles. Weird because even the ones that didn’t link, when I got a high score, my name was still automatically put in for me

1 month later
#3859 1 year ago

I think Stern should have said at the start the home team feature was coming. Feel a bit sorry for people who bought multiple kits for what’s turned out to be no reason.

2 weeks later
#3966 1 year ago

I had a couple of resets on DP on the new code, I asked in the DP thread in case it was my machine and not a bug but no one else said they’d had resets but I saw the one at the tournament Tim Sexton was running and now several people in here saying they had DP resets. I think it’d be a good idea for stern to have a list of known bugs, especially game resets, people could be replacing parts for no reason

3 months later
#4485 1 year ago

Starting the new year I thought of a small feature I thought would be a nice little addiction on IC. I know some people take audits once a year of games played. IC could easily do a Year in Review, how many games you put on each machine and maybe machines registered and deregistered. Not a massive feature I know and maybe something for later on as I know there's several more features people would prefer development time is spent on but could be a nice little addition down the road.

4 months later
#4979 11 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

If you have one IC kit, can you use it to set up IC on multiple games and then have them work without the scanner? Could you just plug in a wifi dongle and have it connect and use the home team function?

Yes, just a WiFi dongle and sd card required

8 months later
#5838 79 days ago

How do you turn off auto updates?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 14.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noskills.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=noskills and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.