Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,426 posts - Hot topic!
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 minutes ago by bigehrl
  • Topic is favorited by 110 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image0 (resized).jpeg
    20211019_224041 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-201457 (resized).png
    IMG_4944 (resized).jpeg
    58DFF476-9448-4C5E-8B9E-06441DCCB4BB (resized).jpeg
    house_of_mouse (resized).png
    E1B63B76-679F-4986-B5C0-2EE852744BA8.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    BCFinsider (resized).jpg
    insider_locations (resized).JPG
    A816AF16-0512-4C10-B4F7-1F4B49CA8768 (resized).jpeg
    CanaKitWifi2 (resized).png
    CanaKitWifi (resized).png
    31F3F683-2317-4B89-BD7F-16A41A992FA4 (resized).jpeg
    E22A364C-3088-43D2-A217-B21F85124EFD (resized).jpeg
    FD525293-2A41-45C4-A35E-62CB2C8ECFE1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (15 days ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (15 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#617 50 days ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I have seen the video and there is a fine line between a promotional event with a prize or reward program and being able to cash out for money or goods earned in a competition. Different states/countries/regions all have different definitions or what defines gambling, competitive and addictive functionality. Maybe Stern doesn't realize this yet but they have to be very careful with how they reward anything in the real world, especially when that prize could be contested by people in different areas. Even rewarding points that you can use towards a prize you have to be very careful that you can't compete for points. You can collect and earn points by doing things but it get dicey if there is any kind of competition between people. I am sure Stern will have lawyers that sort all this out for them.

Bring back Bingo Pins !

See the bar owner for your payout.

The pinbar or Sternbar isn't the way.

#674 47 days ago

"Subscription based service" - there you go. That's what this is really all about. Revenue stream.

1 week later
    #737 36 days ago
    Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Did anyone pick up on this statement from Gary Stern regarding the wholesale price of the Insider Connected retrofit kit?
    (source: Pinball Magazine http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4269)
    [quoted image]

$200 additional dollars of bom in to every machine going forward for something I could care less about. Sure doesn't add $200 of fun to my experience as an owner.

#739 36 days ago

Codes are for individual players not the machine. You scan to join and enter your personal information and then are issued a unique code to track you and your accomplishments. Latter on you will be offered some feature or content for a fee - subscription based. Revenue stream for Stern - that's really what this is about and the end game.

#788 35 days ago
    Quoted from jedi42:

So, looks like $39/year for added content.
    [quoted image]

Coming soon - access to special game related content

Really - I would have to pay $39 to unlock something on a machine I buy for multiple thousands of dollars ?

When will they start putting ad's on the LCD when you push the start button ?
    ( Could that be the "partnering" George Gomez mentioned in an interview )

3 weeks later
    #1184 13 days ago

I actually agree with several of Hilton's points in his ad on this one... If he was actively posting in this thread I'd give him an upvote on this topic.

#1274 11 days ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I barely care about putting my name up on location, let alone paying for the privilege of competing with randoms from the internet. Who knows though, maybe they will somehow make it fun. Knowing stern, this 110% about sucking in more cash, and if it is, that will likely suck out the fun.

Agree. I have been on the fence about Godzilla only because of pricing and the interconnect feature. To be honest I think having the interconnect in pins going forward and having to pay for it irks me the most. $700 price increase on the Pro with a more than gratuitous portion of that is portioned into the Purchase price of the game. And for something I have no interest in having. Revenue stream and compiling data off users. George Gomez also said Stern will "partner" with other interests. How will they share the data and with whom ? Will we see ads at some point if not a paid subscriber ?

I surely will not retrofit any game I own and I am leaning to being done spending my pin dollars with Stern going forward. Normally I would have been in on the new game even prior to day 1. Not this time. I may not even purchase this time.

Not adopting this for any of my Stern games. Owner of 14 of the 17 games this can be meant for. Not happening. Questioning future purchases.

This may be for some - but not for me. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I do not think I am alone in my thinking.

#1334 7 days ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You should fear this change... you guys are freaking out about simple DLC... this guy comes from a company that has dedicated itself to 'increasing yield' - aka how to extract more money from every customer and comes from the financial planning (aka winning by spreadsheet) part of the business. Not success through better product - but success through more revenue generation and minimizing cost.
    It's great Stern is growing up enough to pull in these kind of outside Execs - but you should be afraid of this guy's background.. very afraid.

Bingo. You will be paying for content. A guy coming from the Mouse Company should know how to squeeze money out of the user. Insider Connect could very well be the vehicle. As Hans Solo said - "I have a bad feeling about this"

#1354 6 days ago
    Quoted from craif:

I figured we'd start to see them available soon but I didn't realize they were giving them away at the KFC drivethru.

If I'd get one with a bucket of Chicken I'll gladly send it on to somebody that want's it. They don't even have enough people to staff a former KFC near me. That actually closed prior to the pandemic. Bet it's about impossible to find folks to choke the Colonels chicken now.

#1361 3 days ago
    Quoted from JPloof:

I’ve heard a few times now (forget if it’s been Stern podcast interviews or other articles) that each game is registered with stern when the kit is added. Then it would need to be de-activated if moving the kit to another machine, or if the machine changes ownership. So while you could probably use a single kit on many machines, it’s gonna be a frustrating process of registering, deactivating, registering…….

Looks like they want to track and watch each and every single machine and each and every user who utilizes interconnect. You can bet they will be mining the data... Buy your kits if you want them. George Gomez said they will be reasonable cost or something to that effect.. Whats another $200-$300 per machine to retrofit them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noquarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside