stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1216 2 years ago

So…I’m getting Godzilla on Monday and my location does not have wifi. Does the game itself need to be connected to wi fi or does insider just connect to your phone via the QR code?

1 week later
#1390 2 years ago

How do you register the game to a specific location? My location isn’t showing up on the list.

Quoted from bigehrl:

Proud to be one of them.
[quoted image]

#1393 2 years ago

Thanks so much! Found the operator link at the bottom of the site. Registration pending.

Quoted from bigehrl:

it was a bit confusing, but after some hand holding by George and Evan, I got it rolling. Basically you need to apply for verification with Stern. You do that by first registering yourself as an operator by opening a 'Pro' account. I have a link for the registration. Once registered, your personal player account (that i assume you've already set up) becomes a pro account (an operator account), which is basically all the features of a player account PLUS operator features, such as commercial machines stats, Managing location info, etc.. When you first log into your new Pro account, it prompts you to apply a location to become verified. Stern will review that application and assuming they approve you, your location will appear on that list. Once you're verified, you'll have to unregister your machine and then re-register it under your new verified location. Right now, it's registered to an unverified location, so it considers it the same as if it's in a home environment. It's less complicated than it sounds. I just tried to recreate all the steps I went through for you.

1 week later
#1537 2 years ago

More IC features being rolled out at expo. Location badges are a cool idea.

1FD8BD60-5743-4550-8CFE-F80F82F48647 (resized).png1FD8BD60-5743-4550-8CFE-F80F82F48647 (resized).png
#1539 2 years ago

Your name is supposed to show up on the screen.

Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

What is supposed to happen when you scan your QR code? The Godzilla (Pro) at Pinballz QR reader flashed a couple times but gave no indication that anything happened other than that.

#1554 2 years ago

No, as an operator. No. Again…no.

Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Maybe this was already mentioned, but does anyone know if this has wallet functionality so that I can load up my Stern account with money then scanning on a machine will also pay to play each time, along with giving achievements and such? Would be cool to not need change and just pay via the app.

#1557 2 years ago

So…I’m trying to get my location Godzilla to show up on Sterns IC site. I got a pro (operator) account, filled out the info for my location and submitted it to Stern. It now shows up under my pro account but will not let me transfer the game to the location on the website. Anyone encounter this prob? Should I unregister my game from my player account and reregister under the location account?

F05660D4-1251-4210-9D6C-B9F66649A02D (resized).jpegF05660D4-1251-4210-9D6C-B9F66649A02D (resized).jpeg
#1560 2 years ago

Thanks!

Update: I unregistered the game and my pro account doesn’t have a tab to register a game. Wtf?

Quoted from BrianBannon:

When I ran into this problem I unregistered the game and reregistered it under my Pro account. That worked for me.

#1598 2 years ago

I never got an email back confirming but I can now toggle between pro and player account on the Stern website. Still can’t figure out how to re register my game under the pro account though. I’m starting to care less every day at this point haha.

Quoted from APz:

mpdpvdpin how long did it take for you to have your pro account verified? Mine has been sitting at "Application submitted" for the past 2 weeks or so.

#1609 2 years ago

I can’t even remember what it did to register it in the first place and now I don’t even see a section to register a game on the site.

Quoted from flynnibus:

You unregister the game in your normal account... then have to re-register it in your pro. Same steps as when you first registered it.

#1611 2 years ago

Ahhhh gotcha, I figured since I had the serial I could re-register from home on the site. I’ll do it next time I head over to my location.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Because you register the game at the game... then confirm it in the web.
De-register the game in the website.
Goto game, goto menus to disconnect, and then reconnect to insider
Scan your QR code from your pro-enabled insider account
You'll be told to goto web to confirm/complete registration
You will see the game in the web, assign it to a location/venue and then confirm it.

#1614 2 years ago

When you say “go to menu to disconnect”. Do you mean from the internet? I see no menu item to disconnect from IC (ive already de-registered the game on the site. Now when I scan the QR on the LCD it just brings up my previous account from ‘gameroom’ (which doesn’t exist actually as none of my patrons can scan their accounts.

Update: Figured it out…very counter intuitive haha. Thank you for your previous guidance though. Much appreciated!

Quoted from flynnibus:

Because you register the game at the game... then confirm it in the web.
De-register the game in the website.
Goto game, goto menus to disconnect, and then reconnect to insider
Scan your QR code from your pro-enabled insider account
You'll be told to goto web to confirm/complete registration
You will see the game in the web, assign it to a location/venue and then confirm it.

#1629 2 years ago

Lol, thinking the same thing myself.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Will Stern be selling retrofit kits for future games to remove the fugly QR code reader and revert to the "legacy" style apron?

2 weeks later
#1707 2 years ago

Unregister the game on the site and re-register under your personal account from the QR code that pops up on the LCD screen of your game in settings. Very easy.

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I picked up a floor model GZ Pro, got wifi going, auto update and able to play with my insider account. I looked on the Stern insider website to check achievements I already had, I noticed it showed that the last game I played, shows as previous distributors name and location. How do I change this?

3 weeks later
#2011 2 years ago

I just received a Mandalorian pro with IC already installed. Unlike my Godzilla I do not see Wi-Fi in the menu to link it to my location. Has anyone had this problem?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 23.95
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.95
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.