stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jploof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 2 years ago

Looking forward to hearing the price and hope it doesn’t break the bank. Will put one in both of my spike 2 machines.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Have they stated the 7 games that are included at launch?

don’t believe so but guessing: Mando, Turtles, Iron Maiden, jurrasic park, avengers, Deadpool and ……Godzilla!

#228 2 years ago

In thinking back to sterns new user agreement at the beginning of the year - I wonder if the system will pick up mods such as my Pinwoofer, say they are not authorized and then not allow me connectivity? I can see custom firmware not being approved, but am a little curious to see how this plays out with mods. While it's definitely going to have its bugs and lack of features out of the gate, I for one welcome this in. There has been made mention that the hobby isn't growing in the younger (20-30 year old) demographic - this is exactly the implementation and way to bring a lot of new blood into the hobby with its simplicity and the allure of looking to grow your achievement collection.

#301 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If there is anything that can generate a ton of feedback its that dirty ol topic called CHANGE. Folks want change and innovation. Innovation and change are presented and people are angry.
The most successful pinball company of the last 20+ years has been working on this technology and platform for a significant period of time yet random internet folks already know its crap. Makes perfect sense.

The ones that think the platform is interesting and look forward to it, simply just wait for it. The ones that will never use the platform or don’t see it’s purpose will be vocal. I am in the commercial insurance industry as an aside, how many times do you hear people express and talk about a positive claim they have had. Compared to the amount of people that make it very well known when their experience isn’t as positive.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

So lets say you have a Deadpool Premium purchased for this Decembers build. Will those be built with the new QR reader and wifi connection?

As I understand it, yes.

#381 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Have they announced a price yet, you not worried this might be priced like a topper, how many pins would you be looking to upgrade. Just curious what guys with lots of pins on route would think? If it was me I would be pissed at the wasteful hardware costs.

I'm going to call it now, between $150 - $200 USD.

2 weeks later
#757 2 years ago

Really interested to see if they integrate in the future a slick setup that can used within tournaments or via streamer channels. Graphics and score overlays, so to speak.

3 weeks later
#1088 2 years ago

Has anyone received the actual email from Stern as of yet to transition your account?

1 week later
#1360 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

so i think there will be possibilities to have several machines connected with only one kit, if you only use one machine. With routing cables outside it will be a homepin only solution.

I’ve heard a few times now (forget if it’s been Stern podcast interviews or other articles) that each game is registered with stern when the kit is added. Then it would need to be de-activated if moving the kit to another machine, or if the machine changes ownership. So while you could probably use a single kit on many machines, it’s gonna be a frustrating process of registering, deactivating, registering…….

#1399 2 years ago

$199.99

Woo hoo! will order for all my titles soon!

2 weeks later
#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

you can do this with scorbit now - its cool I have all my games on, WMS, Stern SAM, Stern Spike, JJP, Spooky and Classic Stern
[quoted image]
At our pinball club we have an all-time and monthly scorbit board and have it for competitions and automation of tournaments.
[quoted image]

No doubt in my mind that Insider Connected will follow suit with something similar for location play/tourneys/etc. I think I saw some screenshots where they had a similar interface at Expo to track high scores. Will be exciting to see the roadmap for 2022.

1 month later
#2266 2 years ago

While the big news of the day is Rush (of which I'm excited to see gameplay on), happy day for me and a busy night ahead, installing insider connected kits in my machines (and yes, I’m aware we are still awaiting Mando implementation, but getting the kit ready).

E0A76EBD-D818-45F0-80B4-733F590E085C (resized).jpegE0A76EBD-D818-45F0-80B4-733F590E085C (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Atlanta Area, GA
$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jploof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=jploof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.