Screenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240303-160259 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240303-160308 (resized).png
IMG_7516 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240302-195526 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1009 2 years ago
Quoted from Dent00:

I had the same issue. Tried to log on and the Stern website said that my password was invalid for a password that has previously worked for probably several months. There was a click button to reset the password and when I pushed that button, the system said that it sent me an email to reset my password, but that email never showed up as far as I can tell. Now I see why...

Yes, they changed the main login button to be the insider connected login. However, if you go to this page, you can still login. I encountered this situation yesterday.

https://sternpinball.com/account/login/

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is there an app for IC for the iPhone? I can’t find one.

My understanding, no app. Just go to insider.sternpinball.com on your phone.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Is there an app to access your QR code quickly with, or are we just saving a screen shot of the QR code and using it?

I just created a browser shortcut on my Home Screen that takes you directly to insider.sternpinball.com. I named it Stern Insider. One click and I am there.

#1114 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, but when the network goes down you'll be looking at a DNS Error and missing out while I'm racking up sweet points with my printed out QR code.

Not if it is the same network that the pinball machine is connected to.

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Or write a strongly worded letter to Gary Stern on the back about his shoddy servers. I got you.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1125 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

so I signed up online, but cant find the app in the itunes store?

There isn’t an app… yet. Go to insider.sternpinball.com on your phones web browser.

#1177 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well, guess not all operators see the value.
Probably inevitable to see a few being flipped to recover some cost.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122291

So much to unpack there. Some, just not true or valid.

"Why $500obo? That was the price increase on this game to cover it and it is currently limited."

Stern's site clearly shows Insider Connected markup as $300 retail. If someone buys that for close to $500, we have really gone mad.

#1181 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

He was pretty forthcoming in the ad that people are hinting at MUCH less direct from Stern when they're actually available. I see no problem with the ad.

I was specifically referencing that he said $500 was the price increase because of it. $300 MSRP was the increase on all machines which can be clearly seen on the Stern website. Regardless, you are right that he was up front that it will likely be sold for less from Stern.

3 weeks later
#1633 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You would also need the wifi dongle installed for each machine you wanted to swap the reader with (unless you wanted to open baxkbox and move it each time you wanted to . Not sure if dongle can be any off the shelf version or if you have to buy the one Stern sells. If you need the Stern one, will they sell it as a standalone without the rest of the kit.

The Wi-Fi dongle that Stern is using is an off the shelf CanaKit Wi-Fi adapter.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

The SD-Card could be the same like a usb stick with the came code on it.
only guessing here, but makes sense for me.

My guess is similar to yours. The new sd-card is probably temporary storage for the update image so that it is completely local before the actual game SD card is flashed.

#1649 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

or just that they need to replace the smaller cards in some of the older games with bigger ones. They may need lot's of free space to fit the game updates for online updates.

I believe Kermit stated that the SD card currently in the machines is a full size SD where the one that comes with IC is a micro. Thus, it can't be a replacement if that is correct.

1 month later
#2228 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Installed gotfrogs coin door QR code reader with the pinball life headphone kit on MY EHOH. Used the scanner from my Godzilla to try it out and it's works and looks great.
[quoted image]

That’s sweet. I install the pinball life sound control/headphone jack with my machines. It was my resistance to considering mounting the scanner on the coin door. This allows for both. Brilliant.

2 weeks later
#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You can see the hole under where the right insruction card goes in the pics that were just shown. You can also see the mounting studs around the hole.
You should be able to just unscrew the QR scanner from the triangular piece it is on now an move it to the hole under the instruction card.

As many others have said, the premium UV apron works fine with IC. Here is a pic of it installed on my Premium apron.

I do like the coin door option with that ability to have pinball life’s volume control though.

9DBC8001-2125-4799-871A-B3711CFC64D1 (resized).jpeg9DBC8001-2125-4799-871A-B3711CFC64D1 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

No. I just checked and there is an update. I’m just surprised it shipped with the kit installed and it didn’t have the software loaded to support it. I’ll try the update. Thank you

All machines built after a certain date have the kits. Some titles didn't have the code ready and/or approved by the licensor until after they started adding the IC as part of the build. Many Mandos went out with IC and still to this day, IC can't be used. Still waiting on Disney to approve.

3 weeks later
#2741 2 years ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

I like the coindoor options for a reader, but does anyone have ideas on options if the coindoor is already being used for headphones/volume?

He has versions for the Pinball Life and Stern volume controls.
Here is the Pinball Life:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05707-insider-connected-qr-reader-mount-pinball-life-audio-control

Stern:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05706-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-mount-stern-volume-control

1 month later
#2974 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for these kits, I just got 2 from Maine Home Recreation on their Ebay store. They have 3 Premium and 9 Pro at MSRP (free shipping) as of this post and shipped the same day with priority mail. Being in GA, I have zero affiliation. MSRP and fast shipping gains my praise.

#2976 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

My Stranger Things optos took a month or so. I'm guessing you had a faulty IC reader node or something?

My Opto set for my Mando took about the same.

1 month later
#3259 1 year ago

The leaderboard for Godzilla was definitely alterned. My 4 billion score is gone for some reason. IE Pinballs 13B score is gone. Yet CoachCarter's 6B score is still there. Many other scorres are gone too. The Top 100 was all above 1.2B just yesterday, now the 100th place is 352M. Seems like this is a big Beta test to exercise the leaderboard functionality.

#3262 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

They could have checked logs to see which ones of you have faulty optos or obvious glass off events.

I do not have faulty optos nor do I play with the glass off. I have numerous 2B+ scores that are all legit with factory settings. I don’t buy pinball machines to play with glass off. If anything, I make them harder to play.

There have been many scores taken off. So all of those people are “cheating” or have defective machines. Uh, no.

Now coachcarters score is gone too.

Maybe being reset to only include scores on .97 that just came out yesterday.

#3266 1 year ago

And my 4.5B score on the Godzilla leaderboard is back. Something very glitchy was going on.

64FA68D8-AA7F-4206-84B3-125EAFB791D8 (resized).jpeg64FA68D8-AA7F-4206-84B3-125EAFB791D8 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Other
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.