stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 2 years ago

You mean you don't need an ipad infused to your lockdown bar to do something like this?!

Interesting!

#252 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

This is for people competing online etc?

I think it's for a bunch of different shit, much of which will be coming over the course of years. A constantly evolving development project much like any online gaming or social media platform. They didn't go through all this trouble for it to do "one thing" that will be revealed in a week.

I don't "think" I have any interest in whatever this stuff is gonna be, but then I'm a curmudgeon. People have been absolutely clamoring for Stern to "go online" for years so it's finally happening. Hopefully something come out of this project that makes people happy.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So I’m waiting to be wowed.

Find a new hobby. Pinball really isn't in the "wow" business. At least since the add-a-ball days.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did they announce this before they were ready to ease the pain of the price hikes, which apparently couldn't wait for this feature to be ready?

Yeah God forbid Stern announces something and it isn't ready for two weeks.

Meanwhile the "announce" and "release" gap for every other pinball company is months to years...

A lot of these complaints seem to be in the "Such terrible food...and the portions are so small!" universe of whining. I have almost no interest in this project...but I'm gonna complain about how shitty it might turn out to be!!! And where is it already?!

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Haven't been in the market for a Stern for about 2 years... looks like it might be another 2 before I think about another one... hopefully by then they have this tried, delivered, failed to launch, and retired and we can go back to wanting normal things in our pinball machines like toys and targets, and flashers, and lights, and sounds, and bumpers and slings and just about anything else you could want in a coin operated amusement machine designed to be played casually amongst friends in a face to face social gathering. If I want to play head to head or compare dick length achievements, I will ask a couple of friends to come over and play some pinball and then maybe later we can whip out a ruler.

While I kind of agree with you in principle, THIS IS WHAT PEOPLE WANT.

They don't really know what it is, but they've been asking for it for 10 years. Seems silly to make fun of Stern for trying to give it to them. Hopefully it ends up fulfilling the "connected/wi fi" wishes of so many. For those who aren't interested, just ignore it. I never operated my Dialed In flippers with my phone and yet I still managed to enjoy that game.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Then this is geared towards you anyway. Move on.

Yeah the idea that he suddenly would have bought the Stern game that he hasn't wanted for two years if they HADN'T announced this project is very...Bubblehead!

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Again. If someone wants to do that and get all the burgers and shirts, I say let em. It doesn’t matter. These features sound fun and I’m glad they are being implemented.

Exactly...it's more of the "Bad food / small portions" whining that will never end with this.

Go to the Silverball Museum...you want to get your "High Score" on the placard? Just tell the 19 year old kid working the counter and he'll give you a grease pencil. There's not exactly a vigorous verification process.

Who cares? It's for fun. As all the 50-year olds wittily say all the time...Lighten Up Francis!

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You are giving Stern WAY too much credit.
They could do all this stuff but there’s nothing in their history that suggests they will.

What history?

THe product hasn't even been released yet.

1 month later
#1027 2 years ago

I also am in.

I can't wait to use this thing that I dismissed upon announcement as completely useless and undeserving of my interest!

#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This signup is so borked... old login doesn't work... password resets don't work... and it claims my email domain is invalid. Srsly? They can't even work out simple account migration... and they're gonna take-on prizes, digital economy, etc? LoL

Man you are really on a roll today!

Tranquilo amigo…chilllll….I’m sure this shit will all work out fine.

CrazyLevi didn’t have any trouble signing up!

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Say something positive with your next 10 posts. I dare you.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a9a3de0e3e1c4c60a4640ac7349937177e4220a8-1633568939-1800"};
//]]>

He’s been on the fuckin warpath today!!!

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Promotions are good - yes.
Adding $200 to every game to enable promotions that I can't track the success of - Not good.

Why do you keep saying this (over and over and over and over and over)?

Do you know something we don't?

#1128 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

FWIW - account creation that failed yesterday with 'domain invalid' errors are working correctly today...
and when you 'make stats visible to others' you also share not just your nickname/avatar but your full name and 'location'
Following others is 1-way at this point.. you follow their stats, but they don't see your follow or follow you back automatically.

Yeah I saw that too. I think I could do without the full name being included, or at least an option to hide it.

#1145 2 years ago

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve noticed dozens people on the ole Facebook feed proudly showing off their insider accounts.

So, endless bitching aside, seems like the launch has been a pretty big success so far. People seem to be into it!

#1151 2 years ago

I just think declaring it’s $200 with absolute conviction six times per page is a little overboard considering we don’t actually know what the cost.

Maybe you are right? But who knows? We’ll find out soon enough, so why keep deliberately spreading misinformation?

But hey you are on a fucking tear these last couple days so don’t let me stop you.

#1157 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What do you think the number is going to be Levi?

Probably around 200 bucks

If it were price is right I’d say $149

#1186 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It's not clever. It's petulant and attention grabbing. You don't like it. Cool. Thanks for airing your laundry on the classifieds.
Maybe I'm being a little harsh on it, but charging more than you paid and misrepresenting the price increase is particularly irking considering the content of the ad before the sham price.

Pretty sure Hilton is banned from participating here in any way besides the market, so you have to empathize with his efforts to work around the system.

And as there is no policy here against joke/protest abuse of the Market forum, I'm sure we can look forward to more insightful releases from the Desk of Hilton J T.

My advice to him is to stop purchasing Stern product, and stock his route with nothing but Spooky machines, sit back and watch the money roll in, and fill his bathtub up with the oceans of cash that will result from an all-Halloween route.

#1227 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

So I went on yesterday and created a profile so I'll be all set when my Godzilla Premium shows up in 6 months, and I can't read an entire article unless I pay $39.99 a year? Are you fucking kidding??

Not kidding. Serious as a heart attack bro !!!

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from RoyalJack:

I think Doctor Who had a glass off sensor actually.

Right. It’s a switch. That anybody with a piece of tape could easily “defeat” if they were pathetic enough to want to cheat on their “achievements.”

1 week later
#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

mining my data?!? man, i'd better be careful, else they may learn i'm really into pinball.

Remember, if you don't know what the product is.....

wait for it....

IT'S YOU!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lake Point, UT
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.