stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewninja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Have they stated the 7 games that are included at launch?

Well they stated any game produced after the September launch. So anything that going to get a run yet. JPloof has some good guesses, but I would sub zepplin for Iron Maiden (since the video shows it on zepplin).

Its an "inexpensive" upgrade if you don't have it. Wonder what they consider inexpensive....

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Walk:

Link? Can't find it.

You have to log into Stern Insider first.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

He just means that it seems bass ackwards, as the phone/app could've been the QR scanner instead of the game. I'm sure they have their reasons, but on the surface it seems to make the solution a lot more complex and expensive.

What if they dont have a phone? (believe it or not, some people dont or at least dont have smart phones. I work in IT at a college and when we tried to roll out 2FA it was crazy how many dont). Now all you have to do is log in to a computer and print off a QR code. Seems like a good decision to me. This way nobody is excluded.

#310 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

The subsection of pinball playing people that don't own smart phones is so small it's not worth worrying about at all

LOL...You guys are all funny. Take a step back from your high horses and look at the population. Not everyone is a 40 year old dude playing a pin in their home. There are a lot of people on location that play because they cant afford to own one, don't have room, etc. There are also a lot of old people, kids, etc that play and don't have smart phones. Saying that people who don't have a smart phone don't care is ridiculous. Like having a smart phone is what defines if you care? HUH? What if there is a tournament and they can piggy back off this? What if there is some other feature that is killer or needed for something. You guys are very short sighted on what can be done or what this could be possibly used for. Why not design something that works for every single person instead of just most people? Sorry it costs $50 extra to be fully inclusive

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Because some of us don’t like or want this doesn’t mean we are on a high horse. You made a huge assumption. I could care less about this add on. I play with my family and don’t need to be connected to other players and compete.
It should be an add on option because there are many who won’t use it and there are people who will. Plus you will have to pay extra to use the service like Microsoft charges for Xbox live.
So not on any high horse or nor am I rich. I just don’t care about this and don’t need WiFi in a pinball game. Why people like you feel the need to insult people because you disagree with them is beyond me.

Then don't use it. There is nobody with a gun forcing you to. But when faced with the choice to put out a product that 100% of the population can use, vs some subset, its dumb to think you wouldn't chose 100%, that would just be a bad business decision.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 21.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewninja.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.