stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baxterstockman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

There's way more than what's being discussed or shown - be patient

#390 2 years ago

My only real concern is how it'll look on my game. The images sure do look ugly. And it appears to take up a ton of space. Zombie Yeti mentioned having art around the stuff. But I'm guessing that's for new games going forward. I don't really want to lose what I've got on my TMNT. Wonder if I can put it on my coin door.

I love the features that it could add however. Achievements are always kind of fun because it's your own personal progression. Sure you can cheat to get them. But what's the fun in that? Sure you can cheat to get achievements in other video games. But you know you never accomplished them.

#552 2 years ago

I'm going to lose my mind trying to get the TMNT achievements. I love the game. But I am absolutely terrible at it.

I'm also curious if they'll put restrictions on achievements. Like for you to get them you need to have the game on default settings. No extra balls and longer ball saves.

#628 2 years ago

I think it would be great if there was some way to pay for your games using the app and scanning your profile in. You'd obviously have to verify the purchase on your phone after scanning into the game.

And say you win a game with a post game match or high score. It puts that credit into your account. Would be really nice since sometimes my best games are when I'm running late or need to get back to the table because the food is arriving.

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

This would be cool but a feature like this would have to be locked to a specific operator so you can't get free games on one operator's machine and then spend it on another operator's machine.

Yeah that should go without being said.

This could also lead to other offers at establishments. Where you get a free game of pinball with your lunch pizza meal or something. Credit goes directly into your account.

1 week later
#726 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I can see these running foul of local gambling ordinances real quick.

Places already do something similar. I've seen get free pizza for a year if you can grand champion a game. You can already earn a free game on most pinball games.

#753 2 years ago

Can't wait for a mod for the QR scanner to be on the coin door or somewhere else.

And judging by the images from Godzilla, it looks like games going forward the best apron art packages will be on the Premium/LE. While the Pro gets nothing.

#792 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, guess Stern doesn’t want me. It says the email address I’ve used for over twenty years has an invalid domain name and will not let me join Insider.
Obviously there are still some bugs in the system.

Yeah getting the same error.

1 week later
#885 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Well looks like Scorbit just rolled out Achievements. IC a day late & a dollar short

I guess. But I can see people who already have Scorbit on some games and have JJ games wanting to keep all their achievements in one place.

1 week later
#964 2 years ago
Quoted from Jman44:

Are the insider connected machines not going to be able to have their code modded(IE:Timlah79 JP code)?

Not sure why nobody from the podcasts or other interviews haven't asked that exact question. Seems like a pretty big one to me.

2 weeks later
#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from jedi42:

So most of the older pros will need a new apron, significantly increasing the price of a retro kit. Would it be possible for someone to design a 3d box to house it outside of the machine, and if someone was to do this, could you move it from machine to machine? Maybe wiring would be too much of an issue?

I hope there is some sort of mod that we can install on the older machines. I'd love to be able to scan my phone at the coin door or something.

2 months later
#2301 2 years ago

Definitely going to wait for a coin door mod or something before installing it on my TMNT. Really don't like how it looks on the apron.

#2308 2 years ago

Haha! Of course there is a version with that. Looks like I need to pay more attention. They even have one compatible with the pinball life version of the volume controls. Awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baxterstockman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=baxterstockman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.