stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 2 years ago

Bet stern will be charging to use this. Microsoft charges to use Xbox live. To share and maintain scores cost money and a server cost money to maintain and run. I highly doubt stern is going to offer this service for free. You will probably have to be a stern insider member to use it. Just my opinion and I could be wrong, or right.

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

LOL...You guys are all funny. Take a step back from your high horses and look at the population. Not everyone is a 40 year old dude playing a pin in their home. There are a lot of people on location that play because they cant afford to own one, don't have room, etc. There are also a lot of old people, kids, etc that play and don't have smart phones. Saying that people who don't have a smart phone don't care is ridiculous. Like having a smart phone is what defines if you care? HUH? What if there is a tournament and they can piggy back off this? What if there is some other feature that is killer or needed for something. You guys are very short sighted on what can be done or what this could be possibly used for. Why not design something that works for every single person instead of just most people? Sorry it costs $50 extra to be fully inclusive

Because some of us don’t like or want this doesn’t mean we are on a high horse. You made a huge assumption. I could care less about this add on. I play with my family and don’t need to be connected to other players and compete.

It should be an add on option because there are many who won’t use it and there are people who will. Plus you will have to pay extra to use the service like Microsoft charges for Xbox live.

So not on any high horse or nor am I rich. I just don’t care about this and don’t need WiFi in a pinball game. Why people like you feel the need to insult people because you disagree with them is beyond me.

#440 2 years ago

I am as excited for the reveal as much as I would be excited for a beta max reveal. Old tech that adds nothing for me in my home environment or when I go play in the wild. I don’t care about scores and only care about having fun with my family.

I am an old fart and don’t want to pay for something that I will not use or pay a monthly charge even if I wanted to. This offers nothing for the home for me. If you like it fine, but it should be an add on, not a factory add on on the line.

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from OhmEye:

Yep. No way I'm giving up my movie soundstrack and callouts on GOTG for this.

This a thousand times over. Now will the movie mod for JP work if you put the old code into it with the movie mod since all other parts are the same other than the QR and WiFi???

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

This from the guy who hates Ghostbusters...

What does that have to do with his comments? How was ghostbusters innovative? Innovative because of the massive SDTM drains due to flipper gap?

1 month later
#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect Stern is far more interested in using IC to drive incremental revenue rather than product improvements.

A 1000 times yes to this. No way in hell they are considering product improvement with this. My AIQ shipped with a locked on pop bumper coil.

3 months later
#2441 2 years ago

So do you think Stern will keep supporting this and keep the servers online? Would suck to invest into upgrading pins with it and then have it obsolete in a couple years. Disclaimer I love it. I want to upgrade my Avengers and Elvira at some point.

2 months later
#2952 1 year ago

Is anyone making a decal to cover the insider connect stock one?

1 week later
#3003 1 year ago

Any word on when Stern will release for EHOH?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.