Screenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240303-160259 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240303-160308 (resized).png
IMG_7516 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240302-195526 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 2 years ago

Yeah i never understood why they never set something up for Home Use Games where each user can login, just locally on the machine and track scores etc... Instead of saying Player One it would say "Mike" or whatever and track everything. Even if turned on at a location, setting up a simple username/pin in the machine itself, similar to how you enter your high score with flippers seems simple enough.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I feel like that was true of older ops who’d just toss stuff at a bowling alley & collect the cash box. I think modern ops, especially barcade owners are totally about keeping games current, clean & working.

Not saying this is the norm but I wish what you said was true for the place near me. The closest place to me with more than 1 or 2 pins is a barcade with 10+ games, and some pretty good games but man do they not keep up with their machines. I was there last night, have been several times, last night might have been my last.
Metallica - Right Flipper when works but when flipped is probably at more than a 45 degree angle.
Jurassic Park - Control room shot leads back to SDTM, right ramp exit is pure chaos, top right flipper lacks enough power, tower shot almost impossible, missed helicopter shot instead of hitting left flipper hits the left sling.
Spiderman - weak upper flipper, very hard to make the ramp that is only hittable from this flipper.
Rick and Morty - upper flipper is weak, must hit the shots required from there near perfect to have a chance at the garage/ramp.
Terminator 3 - upper backglass game - ball can't hit the highest shots.
Avengers(older one, not AIQ) - targets/standups in the middle of the playfield don't work as expected, flipper power barely allows for the balls to get to the top part of the playfield.

Other Games that are working well enough to hit everything.
Ghostbusters
LOTR
Dark Knight
GOTG
2 different Star wars games.
Deadpool
Terminator 2

All of the playfields are extremely dirty. This is a great place that has a good number of games, and then a huge arcade section with tons of younger people and a place i think that would benefit from whatever these new achievement features are. They draw a decent crowd but the pinballs are neglected maintenance wise.

Sorry for off topic rant, and this is possibly an exception to the rule, but I'm just bummed that this place is not better maintaining their pinball machines as they have a nice selection of good games.

3 weeks later
#874 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

For home use I hope they allow a default player option so you dont have to keep scanning in every time you play. That would severely suck.

I was thinking the same, fingers crossed that is an option.

2 months later
#1880 2 years ago

Got an email from stern today that upgrade kits have started shipping to dealers and distributors. Does anyone know a dealer or disti that has them available to order now?

2 months later
#2739 2 years ago

ZMeny any update on premium kits? Ordered one from you beginning of December.

#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

ZMeny any update on premium kits? Ordered one from you beginning of December.

Got my premium kit today ZMeny thanks!
FYI for anyone waiting on premium kit from flip n out, i ordered mine on December 5th if that helps figure out where you may be in the queue.

4 weeks later
#2903 1 year ago

I'm about to install IC on my JP.
When upgrading code to latest that includes insider connected will saving and loading settings using a usb stick work? I think after the upgrade the menu changes so wasn't sure if this negate ability to save/reload game settings.

1 month later
#3041 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Anyone have issues getting the Perfect Paddock awards in JP? Ive collected at least 3 different dinosaurs Perfect Paddock awards and none of them registered the achievement.

Mine are working as expected, I've gotten them manually as well as with the smart missile

1 month later
#3147 1 year ago

Time to login to a bunch of games for Amused_to_Death

#3151 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

QR was altered in Photoshop. Knock yourself out.

Are you sure? Let me know if you want me to snag you some stranger things achievements.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3155 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Who 'dat? I added a bunch of extra squares to the QR. I've now thrown a Pixar ball into the mix.

All good I'm not going to mess with it!

1 week later
#3290 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

offshore outsourcing with little oversight.

What a coincidence the company I work for follows a similar business model!

#3304 1 year ago

I would like to see them get a little more creative with the achievements, for the most part they follow the structure of, start mode X, Complete Mode X, Complete Mode X in some special way. The others are, do this thing y 10 times, 50 times, 100 times or something similiar.

Some are really silly, like start the Mode A, which is the first mode in the game and seems like silly achievement. Using Jurassic Park, starting Gallimimus achievement is dumb, its the first dinosaur, I can see Starting Raptor Paddock as more of an achievement as you need to progress a good bit to get there.

They need to branch out, I did hear on Elvira there is some achievement for completing a specific mode on Friday the 13th, that's cool.
Would love for them to add "bad things as well". Have 5 staff members eaten in Jurassic park.
Streaks would be cool too, Start MechaGodzilla MB 5 games in a row.

They should also unlock things on your insider account, example, all the avatar icons are generic, complete 50% of Godzilla Achievements unlocks Godzilla avatar, 75% unlock Megalon avatar for your account etc.... Complete 100 achievements unlock special background

Once they actually make an app they could do push notifications - "Its been 5 days since you played Godzilla, Tokyo is in trouble!"

2 weeks later
#3434 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I was joking. It was one idea that was focused on just to shit on. My point was make some achievements that are not game specific. That is all.

I would still like to see negative achievements such as allow dinosaurs to kill 25 employees. Allow Thanos to steal 25 gems from you. Ebirah controlled Tokyo 10 times. Etc...

I like the idea of achievements across all games as you mentioned, total extra balls across all games, total many wizard and wizard mode started or completed across all games. Played 10 unique games that have insider connected, played every single game that offers insider connected.

I Also like what Xbox does, if you get an achievement that less than a certain percentage of people have completed they give you a rare achievement for it. You could do something like that for verified achievements, where you get a different icon if you're one of the first to complete and achievement on location.

3 weeks later
#3731 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

On a machien without the IC scanner installed, is there anyway to log in with hometeam after a game is started, or if P1 has started ball 1 and another player hits the start button to join? I tried holding the left flipper, but I just get the instant status displays.

I don't think so, I tried this the other day, my friend (i had added him to home team), started a game, i hit the start button to add a player during his 1st ball, on my first ball the only way i was able to login was by scanning my QR code.

1 week later
#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Also a notice on the machine display. Currently, when I hold left flipper button, simply nothing happens. Better feedback needed.

I ran into the same issue and was really confused, only realized IC was down because I then tried to scan my QR code and got the "Machine is Offline" message. Which still didn't alert me that IC itself was down, thought it was connection issue, finally came to this thread and saw that IC in general was down.
Would be nice if they could at least return a friendly message to the machine to say "IC is being updated and will be back shortly" so we don't think it is something on our end.

#3893 1 year ago

One thing I guess it's kind of neat about the badges is it's retroactive, so any games played prior to the badges release count, if you've played a bunch of games prior to badges check your page you should have some already

3 months later
#4424 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I haven’t received anything and I signed up I think almost immediately. Kind of sucks.
I’m sure I could just have a place of business and say it’s public to get into the pro account. List it on the website haha no one will be able to get in.

You aren't missing much. First year, this was prior to IC being a thing, summer of 2021, I got a cheap bandana, a stern plastic cup, a change purse and some stickers, think that was it.
On renewal I got a stern coin. I do remember on initial and renewal it did take a while to get the swag

Coin1 (resized).jpgCoin1 (resized).jpgcoin2 (resized).jpgcoin2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4602 1 year ago
Screenshot_20230128-133113 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230128-133113 (resized).png
1 week later
#4635 1 year ago

Yes, if you try to add the IFPA version to your cart you need a password of some sort

1 week later
#4657 1 year ago

The math on the percentiles should include decimals, seems like they are rounding up. For my GZ Prem score, to be the 100th percentile I would need to have the absolute highest score, which I don't, should be 99.xx, but close enough i guess. If they are rounding they should actually round down, and show me 99 not 100

1 month later
#4818 12 months ago

I have 280 days played, just not consecutive due to travel and such but I am going strong on total games played.

Screenshot_20230331-205652 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230331-205652 (resized).png
2 months later
#5010 9 months ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone been able to add their QR code to their Apple Wallet? I keep getting "Safari cannot download this file" no matter if I use Safari or Chrome on my phone.
[quoted image]

might want to take this image down, people can login as you with the QR code you posted.

2 months later
#5144 6 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Yes, i’m saying i did that. Shows unregistered in my insider acct.. Machine still says it’s already registered.[quoted image]

On the net menu on the actual machine is another unregister option, I would have him try it from there.

5 months later
#5853 48 days ago

Does Stern test their app?
Tried searching for jaws launch parties, entered my zip code, 33026, which is Hollywood Florida, it directed me to go to Canada.
Entered Florida, and it brings up places all over and some in Florida. But those were not at the top or sorted by state in any way.
Just for fun I searched for "Logan" as I saw Logan arcade listed in one of my search results, which is in Illinois, and Logan arcade did not show up.

Would love to see the code behind this search, which with Google maps APIs should be trivial to make work.

Screenshot_20240209-002832 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240209-002832 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240209-003058 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240209-003058 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240209-003602 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240209-003602 (resized).png
1 week later
#5870 41 days ago
Screenshot_20240215-235732 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240215-235732 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#5906 28 days ago

Yeah just go into the NET menu and go to insider connected and press enter to delete the registration.

#5912 27 days ago
Quoted from Livin:

When I search for a launch party (most recently looking for Jaws) in the app, I enter ZIP code, and it shows dozens of places in seemingly no certain order. Anyone else seeing this? And is there a better way to find a nearby launch party?
I’m in McKinney, TX 75071 FWIW.

Haha yes, I made a similar post a few weeks ago. I searched for Florida and the places at the top of the list were in Illinois and Iowa and places like that. I tried just my ZIP code, my city and state and just my state none of it worked.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/118#post-8021402

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground
Plastics
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Blackwood, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 299.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ZoraShinoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=ZoraShinoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.