stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TroyS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3922 1 year ago

Is it possible to find a specific locations web link leaderboard?

1 week later
#3983 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't understand why Stern doesn't do a daily high score like JJP games.

Yes we want that

#3984 1 year ago
Quoted from GlenL:

Just adding my 10pts worth to the recent game reset/reboot issue...and can verify on a non-IC machine I've encountered the reset problem.
Ever since updating Mandalorian (Premium) to the latest (v1.30) a couple of weeks ago, I have been experiencing random resets a number of times every couple of hours.
I don't have IC kit setup as yet, but is on order. I'll connect it up once it arrives, unless there's reason not to?

If you figure out the reboot issue let me know, I have the same thing.

#4001 1 year ago

Does anyone have an extra achievements topper for IC? If you do please reach out in message I would like to pick one up.

#4039 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone having trouble with the badges? Specifically the day streak, I've definitely played every day for maybe a week, just looked and it says my streak is 0. I always log in.

I had the same thing happen, I opened an incident with Stern and did not hear back. Best I can tell is since you can login last, like ball three in a game you need to make sure your game posts on Insider. Don’t trust that it will send in..

1 week later
#4061 1 year ago

Anyone else waiting for more IC functionality to be released. Would love to compete against other home users and have an at home leaderboard. One showing my home scores and those of my connections. Anyone???

#4067 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

We did the work-around on all our non-IC pins Spike 2 pins (excluding JP that has the different code and GZ that is IC from the factory). Wife is 'all in' on the IC stuff, really surprised me since she's not a 'gadget' person. I think it's mostly due to kicking my butt and seeing it online.
I think we need achievements for 'maintenance', I'd kick butt in that area since I keep the pins in tip-top shape.

My family as well is all in with IC. We really like all the achievements and scores. All of our home pins have them now and with TMNT there are things you only get with having IC.

#4080 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have a couple of games on IC. Is it possible to create a Leaderboard with a home account?
I see that if you have a pro account, pretty easy to do but we only have a home gameroom.

Right now you cannot do this but really hope in the future we can.

#4087 1 year ago

What is everyone’s one must have item you would like to see next from Insider?

#4105 1 year ago

Today after a short IC outage, when you know they are releasing changes, we got new badges called events. Sure not we are standing by to hear more about this. I bet they are getting the badge ready for Expo 22!!! See you there.

50507CA5-9094-4BFB-BA1E-BFE85F3DEC83 (resized).jpeg50507CA5-9094-4BFB-BA1E-BFE85F3DEC83 (resized).jpeg
#4107 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What reason is that? If you are creating accounts that have no actual interaction with the kids - who cares.
The poster mentions creating 'feeder' activity... just create an account for them using an email alias and add them to home-team if you want their process/stats recorded separately. Then when the kids grow up, they take ownership of the account. No fancy voodoo required.

Exactly and kids these days want to compete for badges against each other.

#4121 1 year ago

After todays update all my IC machines lost the icons. Anyone else?

13518794-B7C5-495C-B846-76A30413ADEA (resized).jpeg13518794-B7C5-495C-B846-76A30413ADEA (resized).jpeg
#4123 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Mine were showing the little fire ghost guy too, what is that thing supposed to be anyways?

Lol not sure but it’s not a war hammer!

#4125 1 year ago

They did a few updates today and sure the icons for logged in games slipped QA. But the good news now they are ready for event badges.

#4144 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Did you see George Gomez mention on the 007 stream tonight that one of the main reasons for no home leader boards is that operators want this to be exclusive to location play? I am not sure I buy this excuse. I think Stern want to differentiate home and location accounts so that can justify charging pro accounts in the future.

If’s that’s the case it’s a let down. For those home users with multiple games and across the board investment of IC on each it sucks. Not sure this would detract from the operator experience as no one but friends at home enjoy this. If anything it would drive more people to check out leaderboards on location. In my area only one place has done a public board and 90% of the time the screen is off.

#4149 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

One thing that would be great and drive location play, at least it would for me, is for the stern site to show which machines are currently connected to insider connect. My wife and I will use sterns site to see which locations have connected machines near us. And more than once we've been burned that a location didn't have a machine that sterns site said it did. Or that a machine is down or not connected at the moment. I'd love to know which machines are currently active and connected to IC.

At the expo that was asked and they said it has been discussed. No word on when but it’s coming.

#4152 1 year ago

Love to see locations with leaderboards!!

1 week later
#4188 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

An at home leader board is just the high score board on the game. The point of the feature is for locations to do promotions. I don’t understand why you’d want it in the home environment.

I respect your post and can see your view if you had a single game. I’m also an owner of multiple game and have been asking for home leaderboards. For me it give high score insight to not just the top 5 scores on each game but 10+. Also my friend group that comes over to play can all see the score away from my house which would push the “ I’m going to beat you this week”. As an example there is a public arcade that I watch the leaderboards remotely all the time and see how I’m doing. Back to home games if others could follow my home location and I theirs it would generate more interest in home pins in general. So for me it would be a huge win. Respectfully.

#4189 1 year ago

I saw a page or so back that stern is thinking of adding IC to home games. On one hand this is great, as I think I'd like to pick up Jurassic Park home pin next year, maybe. But, my completest attitude with IC isn't happy as I know I'm likely to never see some of these home pins in the wild ever. So no chance at getting any achievements. Just played GOTG the other day. And with that, I have at least one achievement on every possible IC game.
On that note, it would be cool to have badges associated with the number of different games you have gotten achievements on (1, 5,10 etc..)

I’m also trying to get a badge on every game. I’m missing Batman 66 which in Colorado on IC is just not around. Might have to fly to another city and play one.

#4210 1 year ago

This week hit 100 days for both playing on Insider and also days streak. Let’s go!

I can say for me and my family we have really been having fun with IC.

198DA32D-5F58-41C4-AE7F-829C157568B3 (resized).jpeg198DA32D-5F58-41C4-AE7F-829C157568B3 (resized).jpeg
#4216 1 year ago

Same it’s down. Shoot hope it was not because I posted I’m or was on a 101 day streak. Uh oh

#4219 1 year ago
Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

So, just to see if it wasn't an issue with the app on my phone, I deleted the app, hoping to reinstall it, and everything would be good! Hell, now I can't even get to a place where I can download the app! Where is it?

There is no app.

Go to the website.

#4220 1 year ago

Dang it I guess all streaks end today for those on the continuous days. Grrrrrr I was at 101

#4222 1 year ago

Thank you Stern for getting it fixed today!!!

#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Yep, it seems I just needed to do this while I had that menu screen displayed that I posted. Thanks.

Correct. When you scan your personal IC account it will register the game to you. Then in IC you accept and come back to your pin.

#4228 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've taken a screen shot of my Insider QR so I don't have to log in and get it every time. The Stern web can be sloooow.

it can be. I have a screenshot of mine and the families ones in a photo album. When I am going to be at a verified location I make it phone Lock Screen background.

#4240 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

The Stern website lets you save it as a Wallet or Google Pay card.
For iPhone users, I created this shortcut that lets you bring up the QR code simply by invoking Siri and saying “Show Stern Barcode”. Super handy.

I got that setup from one of your past responses, works great!

#4242 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

On IC, Anyone know when the daily cut off is for counting games played for the day now? It was 8pm EST, then was 7pm EST after daylight savings. They changed again this week but I haven’t figured the cut off time. I keep daily/weekly revenue stats from my IC games on location and like to check just before each day ends.

Great question and did not know it changed again. I will reach out and see what the time it now and will send you a PM and update the thread.

#4246 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Really appreciate that. It would be great if Stern released upgrade notes that were made available to the public on release changes. I know they are working hard to improve all aspects of IC. Just giving my two cents as a fan, player, and operator.

Release notes would be amazing also a regular schedule so they could build interest.

#4248 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

If you check Stern's News section they post press releases when new changes are released. Not exactly a changelog like their game code updates but it does describe what's new.
https://sternpinball.com/news/

Totally and I watch that as well but it’s the small little changes that happen all the time is what would be good to know.

#4250 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Anyone know if I can buy just the speaker panel sticker for insider connected?

PM me I have an extra for you.

#4261 1 year ago
Quoted from Esoteric_rt:

Does anyone know.....
The IC kits you can buy at Pinball Life etc, do the aprons come with the 2 holes for the small LED boards that shine onto the flipper area?
My TMNT Pro has the LED's
Are the apron LED's / holes stock on all games?
Thanks

YES. The apron comes with holes and there are plugs in that you can remove easy. I know I just did it to my TMNT Pro.

#4271 1 year ago

Looking at my connected games this morning (3) wish in the app I could challenge others to a game. Would be an awesome feature.

#4278 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

If you have access to any kind of computer printer, just print the QR code on paper and scan that.
Also, for your own machine, you will probably find it convenient to use the "Home Team" feature, so you'll only have to scan the QR code once. After that, you just hold down the left flipper button, which will take you to an interface where you can select your account, along with other family or friends that you've added to the "Home Team" list, without having to use the QR scanner at all.

We printed ours and made them into key chains.

#4280 1 year ago

So as a little test (lying I was just playing past 12) I wanted to see it my IC gave me credit for another day to the streak right at local time at midnight. Sure enough right at 12:05 my next game upped my streak. Thanks to the IC team at Stern.

#4303 1 year ago

Anyone else out there travel to find and play just IC games?? Our family just loves it and been badge chasing for some time now.

#4305 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I’m fortunate enough to have multiple locations with IC connected games. I’m addicted enough to the achievements to re-earn achievements I already have at home with the verified achievements at IC-verified locations.

Yes! We are the same and all the local ones we go and get verified as well. Glad to meet other IC focused players.

#4308 1 year ago

Here we go. Using your IC login to the website the 007 badges are out!!

CA97BB7B-37DD-4F50-87B6-9CB1EDC5CD89 (resized).jpegCA97BB7B-37DD-4F50-87B6-9CB1EDC5CD89 (resized).jpeg
#4314 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

They aren’t activated in the code that shipped this week, maybe an update is coming soon.

Interesting. I know the badge parties are on Dec 3rd. Whatever the date or location I am real excited to pump of cash into a machine and get the new badges.

#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I was told our Bond shipped yesterday. If that's the case we should have it in the brewery by late next week.
It's a little bit of a drive from Longmont to Living The Dream Brewery in Littleton.. but.....
I need to follow up on Monday and see about maybe hosting a launch party.

I’m there and will bring friends!!!! Need any Stern help let me know. Thanks for the update. Hell yeah.

#4320 1 year ago

I hit my 120 days in a row badge tomorrow! I see there there are 20 of us past 90 days, excited to see who has more then 120. Anyone watching this thread over 120 consecutive days?

#4321 1 year ago

I have been hoping for the forums to come out soon, I hope they have something for us before the end of the year.

#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Do you have any idea on how they might generate interest in a forum? The potential number of users on a forum dedicated to IC seems too low to be useful.

Might be more than you think. In that forum if they drive people to weekly challenges or that is where users find and virtually play against others I think the traffic would be high. Also if every developer has a direct thread it would be good for everyone.

#4328 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm at 10 Stern Insider Connected machines on location now as of today.
I'm quite bullish on this product overall and our patience should pay off for operators.
Customers dig it that use it and the basic real-time data is good enough to hold me other until the full rollout.

Thanks for having these on location. We are a huge IC family and always appreciate connect machines. Funny thing is we have a few top places but when we go we only play IC connected pins. We actually drive to another state to play because they have 12. Local they have 50 pins but only 3 connected. No thanks.

#4329 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was going for records, but they kept resetting after I definitely played. I'm back up to 40 as of today, it seems to be working. There has been weeks that have passed where I haven't played a game. Keeping the streak going forces me to get up and play at least one game. That typically turns into a few games am I'm never mad that I played Pinball instead of wasting time on Youtube or Facebook.

Yeah the records are def working better now. Back on my day 40ish I had to call them and they fixed a data issue on their end.

#4330 1 year ago

Awesome! PM me your IC name, I like connecting with others on the streak~

#4332 1 year ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I've followed this thread. It's the only one I know where IC discussion is taking place and felt location discussions were prevailing.
I'm at 97 and faltered through the resets of early days. Back then, I contacted Stern Support about the daily count reset and provided screen shots of my activity. When they updated IC some of the lost days were recovered and things have moved forward nicely. It's pretty cool, keeps me on my toes.

Could not agree more. When they corrected their issues I too got my days back. Love seeing others out there with the IC passion.

#4333 1 year ago

007 event badges coming next week, who’s excited??

Wish they had a function where I can compete against other home users. Soon!

#4335 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Didn’t have the option to wall mount the monitor at my second location so I found a grommet mount monitor rig and mounted to the top of the game in the back box hole. Worked perfectly
[quoted image]

That is a great setup for sure. Wish home locations could get the leaderboards too.

#4336 1 year ago

Early this morning I saw they did some server work on IC. The app loads way faster now but have not seen anything new. Hoping before the Holidays we get some new features. Thanks Stern!

#4338 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

If anyone is looking for a cheap Wi-Fi dongle that works for IC…
amazon.com link »

Good dela. Thanks for the post.

#4343 1 year ago

So ready for some new IC functionality. Stern for Christmas I want the ability to challenge other home users.

#4345 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Home leaderboards is what I’m hoping for

I would love to this as well! This would be an easy dev fix as all the code is there. Also I can’t see how this takes away from locations. A total win-win.

#4354 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Yea I noticed the lag logging in to IC as a player too.

Been super laggy all day and dot all games are recording.

#4355 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep I was disappointed to hear George Gomez on the recent Super Awesome Pinball Show say that not having home leaderboards is a "business decision" to keep it available only for operators.
Nice job by Stern here to annoy a pretty large segment of their machine buyers. Until now I've been very happy with my Stern machines and IC, but I don't think this makes any logical sense at all and it creates a bit of a sour feeling for me. Not having a leaderboard at home doesn't cause home players to go play on location any more often than they would otherwise. And I play plenty on location in addition to playing a ton at home.
I'd bet it almost never happens that someone thinks along the lines of "Hmmm, I'd like to invite people over to play today but I can't have a leaderboard here so let's go to a location instead."
If people want to play at home, they play at home. If they want to go to a location, they go to a location. Leaderboards could come into play in deciding which location to go to. But they're not going to be a deciding factor at all in playing at home vs. going out to play.
FFS just open up home leaderboards so we can enjoy leaderboards as a feature wherever we play.

I agree with all your points. It’s tough in Colorado as I don’t even know a single location that has a board, if they did I would not even look at it unless I was on location.

#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

IC needs a simple page like this showing current status by service...
https://trust.salesforce.com/

YES

#4363 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

That sucks. I was looking forward to setting one up. Business decision means money. How much could it really cost stern to run the website that serves up the leader boards?

I think, like mentioned, that the decision is only to cater to locations. But I can't see in any way a leaderboard makes an impact for locations, whereas home owners with many machines it would be awesome.

I think Stern should then adopt an upcharge. Like $25 to unlock more leaderboard for paid IC users.

The missed point is when locations want new games where do the old ones go. Well for me it's to home buyers that said we are part of the life chain of games and getting home users more involved with leaderboards actually supports locations.

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Stern should think this through. Once (if?) you have home leaderboards, that will most certainly factor into future acquisitions by home collectors. We're a "completist" lot, most of us. Many folks will want as many games on the leaderboard as possible. When you're deciding between a Stern and another manufacturer, this will become a factor for many once home leaderboards are a thing. The possible edge this gives to the home market is probably a greater benefit than any potential loss of sales to operators. Personally, I can't think of many negatives from an operator perspective, if any.

I for one can confirm IC has led me to buy more pins.

#4373 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

The hilarious thing to me about the "home leaderboards eating into excitement of location leaderboards" line of thinking is that you could make exactly the same argument about pinball in general. Having pins at home decreases my likelihood to go out an play on location.
Perhaps Stern should stop selling to home buyers so that people are "forced" to play on location. Operators would love it!

That brings up a good question. Does an operator feel the home market has taken from their profits? While I have many I think we are a small group. Also most home owners, I guess speaking for myself, drop plenty of coin on location and even more so if they keep buying the new games.

#4374 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I know you really want Home leaderboards but you can't see how this makes an impact for operators? If I play on location and put up a score in the top 10 to be featured on the leaderboard, I am probably going to be motivated to go back and play that game again if I either get bumped off the top 10 or have my score surpassed. Especially if the person who passes you is a friend or acquaintance. It creates a sense of rivalry between players and a call to action to come back and defend your scores.
Further, if a leaderboard for 1 game I am already interested in puts the hooks in me, I would be more motivated to play ALL of the location's IC games to put my name up on those leaderboards. That is the draw for operators to be able to use IC to generate more coin drop and grow location based play.
Having said that, I completely understand the frustration with the lack of home based IC features and I am right there with you as I expected more by this point. But if the last few months have been an indication, development seems to be picking up so I am hopeful going into 2023 that we will see some exciting things.

I totally side with you about on-site leaderboards, as I am on the top 5 of all games in multiple locations. I meant to say I guess if they have them and it drives play it would also drive play at homes of friends and makes me want to play more. For home play maybe the way would be to link multiple homes to a virtual user created board. The sad point I have seen is locations don’t see value in the boards and one location usually even has their TVs off. The few hardcore IC members thou know it’s out there.

#4381 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Only verified locations can get access to those operator accounts, you cannot get in by paying. So until they enable Home leaderboards there isn't anything to be done unfortunately.
As for what you paid for, you had access to those few Bond LE's Stem was selling directly and I think you get access to some explosive podcasts and such. But yeah, not really worth it imo.

Its not worth it yet I agree. I have a little issue with when I signed up it mentioned forums and other benefits and that has not happened yet.

To get a pro account you need to provide where your games are public, when distributer you buy from and your company name. I almost did all of that to get the pro features.

I think Stern misses that some of us have more pins then any local locations. Thats a huge investment and we get no outside funds coming in for it. I would think we would get a little icing on the cake being owners.

#4390 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

davegauth How did you do login stuff with Yodeck? I just got my device and am setting it up for the first time.
For the last week, I have been using just the browser on my smart TV. Sometimes it stays logged in, and other times it forgets. I have a suspicion that it might be if I log into Insider from another device (like my phone), that logs me out on the monitor. The constant session timeouts (even when only using it on one device, like my phone) causing me to log back into Insider Connect has been a big source of frustration. This isn't my bank account. If nothing else, Stern could make the leaderboard display urls function without a login. I don't see what the harm would be.

Ryan, I can help you later with this when I see you on location today !!

#4392 1 year ago

I went to a 007 launch party today but everybody that played didn’t get the special badge. Did anybody else experience this today?

#4395 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Same- did launch parties Friday night and today and no badge. I assumed it required updated code that they were expecting to get out before this weekend but didn’t.

Hopefully the badges are retro'ed for everyone.

#4397 1 year ago

I sent a message to the IC Team and I am sure they will be all over it on Monday!

#4399 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Kiosk links don’t require logins
Updated version of matchplay has a login-free projector view
Works fine in yodeck

Ryan, I know you were busy tonight with the Launch Party and our Tourny, let me know when you free and we can work on it.

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

davegauth How did you do login stuff with Yodeck? I just got my device and am setting it up for the first time.
For the last week, I have been using just the browser on my smart TV. Sometimes it stays logged in, and other times it forgets. I have a suspicion that it might be if I log into Insider from another device (like my phone), that logs me out on the monitor. The constant session timeouts (even when only using it on one device, like my phone) causing me to log back into Insider Connect has been a big source of frustration. This isn't my bank account. If nothing else, Stern could make the leaderboard display urls function without a login. I don't see what the harm would be.

Ryan I just PM'ed you the direct link that needs no login.

#4402 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

For matchplay use the hostname next.matchplay.com instead of www.matchplay.com and the same URLs work for the monitior/projector view.. just change the URL. Your tournament will have an event ID common to all the pages. The projector link you can use with yodeck will be https://next.matchplay.events/projector/89043 - where the number at the end is the ID of your event
For Leaderboards, just ensure you enable the 'kiosk' checkbox when editing the leaderboard and copy the URL for the viewing link.. portrait mode or not.
The default yodeck settings will work.. I enable chromium and 'retain session' - but neither are required AFAIK

Awesome info.

Our Lyons Pinball Arcade in Colorado public leaderboard is: https://insider.sternpinball.com/kiosk/pFXZf-Vmq-hUB

#4411 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

how did you get your leaderboards vertical ?

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is this telling me to update the game main SD card with code or the Mini SD card needed for IC Home Team play.
The game had code 1.02.0 on it last month when I purchased it and I updated it to 1.06.0. I just remembered it did have a error message when it updated, so I'll install code it again and see if that fixes the validation error.

Is the card at or under 32GB and and formatted in FAT32?

#4420 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

AIQ is back up and running. Thanks to a couple of pinsider.
Game is back up and running with no error and game added to Spider's Game room, IC working.
Thanks again for all the help.

What was the solution?

#4421 1 year ago

Launch party badges are now fixed.

Thank you Lyons Pinball for having us and buying a local 007!

93D6003A-4084-4728-B3D7-59391E6ED4C7 (resized).jpeg93D6003A-4084-4728-B3D7-59391E6ED4C7 (resized).jpeg
#4425 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Hopefully we don't have leaderboard and badge issues at our launch party tonight.
Living the Dream Brewery in Colorado if anyone is interested. 9 games on IC.[quoted image]

The badges did finally show up and others that earned them since Stern fixed it show up same day (as I heard from a few others).

#4427 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Looks like the badges worked for our launch.

AWESOME! How was the launch and what high score got the GC trophy?

#4429 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Just went into my IC account and saw the badges from a Bond launch party this week and from Expo. You really have to dig deep through the the menu options under "My Profile" to see them.
Might be nice if they could find a way to display your most recent couple badges on the home screen of your account.

Totally agree they should be easier to find. I have actually gave the IC team that feedback!

#4443 1 year ago

Has Stern ever said they would/could add additional achievements? Played a bond pro on location yesterday. Played 6 games, and got 12 achievements. Almost a third of the total achievements for the game. 39 for Bond seems low compared to the over 70 on TMNT and over 60 on Avengers.
I'd love them to add achievements. Avengers could use some additional. There are multiple tasks in the game with no achievement tied to them (beating the soul gem on hard, winning a gem from Hawkeye challenge etc...)

Yes they can add more but they first have to be approved by the license holder. 007 is waiting on a lot of approvals and new code. Soon I hope they will add all the others in there.

I also agree on Avengers that it could use some more. For Mando with season 3 coming out hope we get more video and badges as well.

#4451 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

When will Stern smarten up and add Co op play to their games?
I know its on TMNT
Its a no brainer and would attract more casuals and improve long timers with a different dynamic

I totally agree and think it should be on all modern Sterns. I know Mando and TMNT get used the most for this when friends and family are over. They already have the code and it would be easy to adopt it to other games.

#4457 1 year ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

Finally hit the 120 day milestone this evening; currently only 1 of a dozen players.
Interesting to see the following tier recreates the previous evolution of 3, 5, 7, 10, etc.[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. I hit 140 a few days ago and there’s 3 of us.

#4463 1 year ago

It not brought up enough here when we players come across an owner\operator that’s knocking it out with IC. Ryan at Lyons Classic Pinball recently after asking for it fully deployed IC, embraced a leaderboard and it there for players. Huge thank you Ryan and for all you do for Lyons Pinball.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/39-lyons-classic-pinball-lyons-co

ryanwanger

#4466 1 year ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Special insider badge for #Elvira House of Horrors just on Christmas Day by beating Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. Merry Christmas!
For anyone who doesn’t know how to do it - you have to get the Skelton key by hitting the right standup when it is lit, then completing and locking junk in the trunk. From there start the Santa Claus mode by having the far right window lit using the flippers to move between window remember the flipper will move it one so you need to account for that. Then start the mode and finish it!!!
[quoted image]

That is awesome, next year who wants to loan me a game

#4468 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You may want to say:
Who wants to invite me over.
You'll probably have a better chance of that happening.

Lol I know, I was kidding for sure. That cool thou that the game has a special badge.

I was playing the Beatles and I guess off the time and date it knew it’s Christmas time and said Happy Holidays

#4474 1 year ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I hope this is eventually added.

It would be so amazing to play other people on your own pin and thru Insider. This would bring a ton of life into the Stern world. I would even buy a few more pins (like I need that)

#4478 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Woo number 16! I'll drop the streak while on vacation over MLK weekend, but glad to have at least gotten the 120 mark! Insider has been awesome this year - really looking forward to what 2023 brings!
[quoted image]

Awesome job! I just hit 150

1 week later
#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

IC needs some meta rewards for earning xp. Right now, you rack up xp, but so what? I guess that is something. But imagine some possibilities:
-by gaining xp you level up or earn titles. Your title is displayed proudly on the screen for a moment when you start a game, or game somehow makes a fuss over you. Kind of like how knocker draws positive attention, games gives a small VIP feedback.
-tangible reward like swag or t-shirt you can only get by achieving xp thresholds. Like 10k xp club or something.
-free games. Like every 1k xp you earn a free game you can redeem when you log in on location (operators would need a way to opt in/out if they are not down with it)
-enhancements to game play when you are logged in. Ones that do NOT affect score. Similar to cosmetic upgrades in competitive video games. Such as special call outs, animations, sound effects. You are shown these rewards and how much xp you need and can work to unlock them.
I would be way more motivated to earn xp (and thus play more on location and give money to operators) with some of these features.

I had listed out a ton of ideas and will add yours to my list. You came up with some great ones for sure!!!!!!

#4514 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

some people may rack it up at free play locations just to spend it at coin drop ones. And operators will want to get paid for that.

Correct but think about getting players to increase game play everywhere. In the end what is a free game here or there, I think there is more positive if our player community continues to build.

I would think an operator would trade a few free games for more people coming in.

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Obviously you aren't an operator.
The best approach is allowing redemption at the same location or possibly even on the same game where they were earned. The op needs to be able to control the % of freebies, just like matches and high scores.

I’m not an operator you are correct.

My son and I play on location twice a week for about $60 each time. So at $480 a month I think one free game each month is not out of the question but for some operators maybe that’s too much. At that percentage rate a match free game would happen more often at the default % rate but some places might even set that to 0. Our local spot does control matches and free games, with achievable levels, I’m sure Stern would give you the IC choice as well.

#4534 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What features are people looking forward to this year?
This is the year of the Stern App launching maybe?

I would like to setup a virtual league and compete with others. It would be fun too to create virtual teams and be able to do a badge. Would be fun on a Friday night to see who is online and compete from home.

I only have 4 IC pins at home but having net connected challenges with friends would be awesome, heck I would buy more pins!

#4541 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

That would be great! I know it's just a pipe dream, but it would be pretty cool to play a two player game across the country. When your opponent is playing, your local machine's solenoids fire off (including flippers) in real-time and the display shows what's happening remotely on your opponent's pin.

Great idea! All they would need is to code it in.

#4549 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:Create a second account?

I have done that at home. We created two home account to make a challenge where we see who can get the most badges in an hour of play. Would be cool if we could setup home challenges but no go so we just create a ton of free accounts. Like Jan23Player1, 2,3…

1 month later
#4705 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Question, does anybody know if IC will record a score even if the game is switched off half way through a game? I would test this myself but don't have a game with IC in front of me atm.
Reason for asking is that I'm considering a location based IC comp involving the player to get the closet score to a score I choose to win a prize, but Id rather full games to be played to make it more challenging (and not having random punters switch the game on and off).

Quick answer no. The game when finished after bonus only sends IC data then.

1 month later
#4812 1 year ago

Any hear any new things coming to IC in any YouTube videos or podcasts?

Excited for any player value add items like: Home leaderboards, DLC content, Pin to Pin play, virtual leagues, player profile added items that are earned in games.....

You could add so much to IC!

#4815 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

My streak has ended. I was super busy and straight up forgot to play pinball. 185 days in a row. I doubt I will ever get there again.

Thats a bummer, today I hit 241 and am #2 behind another member on here that is 6 days ahead of me. If I lose it I agree that I might not get here again. They are a lot of people right behind us for consecutive days.

#4819 1 year ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I must have a BIG problem, because I'm the number 1 with a 247 day steak going. In my defense I'm 67, retired and have 4 great pins. I thought about reaching out for help, but I'm having too much FUN.

LOL Whats Up TommyMC I'm still 6 days behind ya then it gaps to 12 or so. At TPF it was fun talking to Stern and being number 2. Just hit 4114 games played tonight. Makes it easy having 6 awesome pins at home.

#4824 1 year ago
Quoted from HB_GAMER:

Or a API and some of us can take it from there.

This would be amazing but I think this idea would scare them the most. Witha few dev hours you could make a marketable product and a ton of features.

#4826 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

No vacations for you until the streak has ended.

I’m number 2 and vacations is an issue lol. I have been skiing but found a pin in town. Vacation to Texas and went to TPF…..

I dread the day I vacation to an area that has no easy way to get to pins.

1 week later
1 week later
#4884 12 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I didn’t see much about IC in the notes, is there any big change or all behind the scenes for insider?

My guess encryption on the bus to stop add in boards is in there.

#4915 11 months ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

After a few days of playing, new achievements are few and far between.
This is a silly reason to not use IC.

Agreed.

For me, family and friends everyone just loves the badges and cross competing.

1 week later
#4921 11 months ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Love little date related IC surprises
[quoted image]

Which game gave you that?

#4923 11 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I would assume, Star Wars.

I was thinking that but also hoping Mando does it.

#4924 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I was thinking that but also hoping Mando does it.

Mando does not give you the badge. Must only be Star Wars.

3 weeks later
#4988 10 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Does anyone think it's in the realm of possibility to one day have the ability to do remote configuration changes? We already get tech alerts so it seems like a natural progression. It would be nice to have scheduling of pricing too but one thing at a time I suppose.

I know that can happen for sure as I have seen an example. My thought thou is that with value added functionality there might have to be a cost wrapped around that in a subscription fee for like a Pro+ account.

#4991 10 months ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Depending on the cost of course, I’d be all about it. If it’s a flat fee for the account rather than a per machine price model it would likely be worth it to most operators who have machines in multiple locations.

Yeah I would hope for flat fee.

I know they talked about QR codes to give out free games so I’m sure configs are coming too.

#4993 10 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I'm 99% sure this question has been asked and quickly searching not finding the answer but:
I just installed the Insider Connect kit on my Iron Maiden Pro.
What have others done with the right side decal which got replaced by the QR scanner?
Anything creative? or just "furget aba it"...?

I 3D printed a plate for it to go on and at Expo had the designer sign it and its now an art piece on my wall. BOOM

#4999 10 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I have that on my AIQLE - it's great.
Although with Home Team, I now hardly ever even need the scanner. Had people over to play pinball the other day, and none of them bothered to setup a profile, even though I gave them the information ahead of time. Oh well.

I have the reverse everyone but one guy was signing in. Fun when a whole group of your friends are on IC.

#5004 10 months ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Is there a voted on list of best pins with insider connected? Which pins do you think have the most worthwhile achievements?
I have an IC kit I'm putting on Maiden pro because it unlocks a premium mode. After that I have several without IC: Deadpool, Guardians, Star Wars. I'm curious what others think.

As a location great job adding IC! As far as pins the best is TMNT as the players can bring in experienced turtles to the game.

3 weeks later
#5021 9 months ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

or Indiana with it's odd boarders

I would say if your worried about the daily record don't play past 10 for your game!

2 months later
#5133 7 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Seems you guys are talking about what I currently want to do but need some info on please.
What do I need to purchase and do for my situation to get my Jurassic park running home team?
I already have Godzilla and Foo Fighters running home team.
Can just purchase any Wi-Fi dongle and move my game apron over to Jurassic Park to install or is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Install a WI-FI dongle and micro SD card and using your other game with a scanner just run a 10' cable over and one time log in to the game without the scanner then disconnect.

1 month later
#5210 6 months ago

OH YEAH

We got a new badge to earn today!!!! Happy Birthday Pinside IC users!!!!

2 year (resized).jpg2 year (resized).jpg
#5211 6 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

OH YEAH
We got a new badge to earn today!!!! Happy Birthday Pinside IC users!!!![quoted image]

Looks like it might start tomorrow.

#5213 6 months ago

Sharing the leaderboard for my local location. ryanwanger at Lyons Classic Pinball (LCP) thanks for always supporting IC and keeping the boards going!

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/leaderboards/yNThK-wELCx-hNj?location=1143

#5214 6 months ago

Big IC night. Foo, Jurassic Park and IC Birthday complete at 12:01 last night.

Uh…… we need more challenges!

Turtle Power Badges would be awesome.

IMG_6681 (resized).jpegIMG_6681 (resized).jpeg
#5216 6 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

Heads up for the EHOH owners/ players next Friday is a Friday the 13th. After that you have to wait 11 months I think.

Post your badge when you get it!!

#5218 6 months ago
Quoted from Walk:

I'm actually really enjoying these quests. Hopefully they do this with more regularity.

I agree. The Foo and then JP were a surprise. If they could keep putting these out that would be awesome.

#5220 6 months ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

I'd rather see quests that were a little more than "play game X on day Y". Really exclusive badges would be neat (ie longest ball time) but would probably encourage cheating. I'm not opposed to them adding "negative" achievements either (ie drain 3 balls in less than 30 seconds).
If Stern isn't going to do it I'd love to see them make the data publicly available so someone could create a web page with a lot more statistics. I really want to see moving my average score in various time windows (today, this week, this month, etc.).

hypnotoad , You have some really good points in your post and great ideas.

The balance would be badges\quests\challenges that are both short in duration (easy) and long in duration (hard). The Foo badges were easy because they were on a given day but it pushed play because some wanted to get them all. On location about once a week I met people that were just there for those. The JP ones were fun and were the first that were points and play driven. I completed it in 5 days and think you idea of maybe game durations or (3) mulitballs in a game would be fun.

The real win would be if I could challenge IC connections (IC Members) to games or even a virual bracket where home or location games could be played. In a bracket I could make a virtual league and then leagues could battle. You could take this many directions. I would love a role to work with IC (Stern, trying to fist bump ya here) and really bust this IC wide open in a way it would drive location and home play.

If I could make a home leaderboard and invite connections (Stern IS friends) I would make even more amazing events. This would be an amazing way to bring everyone together.

As far as the data I think we both know opening that data stream would be a far fetch thing unless the data would be much smaller.

I def have a ton of IC ideas!

Great job IC Team. <--------- Boom!

#5222 6 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I'm pretty sure they've already heard every good idea regarding IC, yet here we still are.

stubborngamer What would you like to see?

#5223 6 months ago

What Quest badge are you most proud of?

IMG_4109 (resized).jpegIMG_4109 (resized).jpeg
#5225 6 months ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

They're all groovy.
The more the merrier.
I can't wait to be able to create my own location based Quests!

That would be awesome for locations and for sure it would drive play. I know they can make badges for events but not sure how that gets kicked off.

#5229 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Not a Quest badge (I only have FF Chicago badge from playing it a couple times) but proud of this Event badge:[quoted image]

I totally agree with you one the Vegas badge. Not saying I took a group there just for that badge but we all did other things too.

#5231 6 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

That's an interesting question, in that they haven't really added anything of any real value yet. Even what they've come out with, seems like they could've easily done much more with. If the purpose of Insider Connected is to draw in the younger crowd, they've done what can only be described as the bare minimum, I think maybe the problem is they view Scorbit as their competition, which is a low bar for competition. Monthly rotating challenges for every Insider Connected game seems like something they already have the framework for, but refuse to do. Why they released 4 milestone badges, and never added more is a head scratcher. If you just view some of what they've done, they seem completely focused on driving traffic to locations, but the only way any of that would really work is if they had a progression system, with levels, cosmetic awards, quite frankly the rewards don't have to be meaningful, but it should be this on going thing, something that makes people feel like they are accomplishing things, but they are so far from being anywhere close to any of that. I never scan my IC on location, why would I? They've given me zero incentive to.
I'm not even sure they care about the home market, some type of online play against ghosts would a ton of value to people, but I think they think leaderboards is online play, even though it isn't. Static Leaderboards are a very niche thing, very few people would ever care about being competitive on them.
Look, I could go on forever about what I'd like to see, but I don't think Stern sees Insider Connected as something truly important. Look, I get that they can't put a lot of effort into this thing because they don't have the userbase regular videogames/mobile games have so they can't really ever get to the same profit level. And turning this into a subscription service comes with it's own set of problems both with the home market but especially with the people playing on location. I'm not even sure what they would have to charge to make it worth it. Now they don't need to be subscription service necessarily to justify costs, but again, the limited userbase means some of the ways other games do it might not work with pinball.
It kind of feels like Insider Connected is doomed. And if they are waiting for some critical mass of people having Insider Connected to start putting in the effort that seems misguided.

Thanks for taking the time on your response, I can see your passion and thoughts on the IC platform. I think they are growing as a product and still determining the growth path and determining their market (location vs. home vs. users).

I think we have seen the focus on the player but not big movement in either location direction. For example we have location leaderboards but not home leaderboards. We have game badges but not location badges. We can watch other IC members but can't challenge them or communicate with them. Imagine if I could remote challenge another user in direct game play! I think once they have a roadmap and choose a certain direction the valve will get built into the product. We as pin owners want value added in new ways to play our games and I feel it will go that way. For locations\operators I think they (after talking to many and getting many on IC) are determining if the IC investment is driving revenue.

All that said, and being hopeful, I think if the focus goes to the player the interaction\competition will drive the location business and make IC explode. Stern generates interest for purchases, locations purchase for revenue, players drop quarters and with many of us here buy pins. Focus on the player I think is the success stream.

Not knowing their challenges, we are all waiting for more of the thing we love most, our pins and added value!

#5233 6 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

This would require them to have more IT overhead/infrastructure and that's why they have not done this. They would certainly recoup these small costs once a player can compete in real time with someone else playing a similar machine. All you'd need to do is have a running score count that is displayed on the LCD and what their ball # is and its instantly more engaging and exciting to play this machine again. So yeah what are they waiting on? IT stuff can be scary but you could always charge some yearly fee if you need to do that to get your feet in the pool.

You make great points and I hope we are seeing into the future. I would not think there is much technical debt and cloud connections are more than reliable.

Would love to be part of the IC team. <------- Stern =)

#5235 6 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I'm going to guess (based solely on the speed of IC evolution and nothing more) that the IC Team at Stern is part-time for a couple folks or a very very small group of people. I think the whole IC thing has lots of headroom and there are some really fun things that can be done with it, so I look forward to seeing where they take it all. Some of which will drive a subscription model and I know this is a major turn-off for many. I hope they are able to paywall the stuff that needs $ to operate and keep many of the "basics" for folks who just like to use it for score, number of plays, location tracking, etc.
Will be really interesting to see how they scale this portion of their business.

I agree with you, if they turn it on to a fuller extent you could do amazing things.

#5236 6 months ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

They're all groovy.
The more the merrier.
I can't wait to be able to create my own location based Quests!

If you could make your location badge or quest, what would you do??

#5248 6 months ago

If we as a group can come up with a list I can submit it to their team. I know having connectivity is key and sure they would review a code request. Does not hurt to ask, we just need to submit a solution and not a problem. =)

#5252 6 months ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

I think we're talking about different things.
I'm saying I would not at all be surprised to see Stern offer additional/new IC functionality via subscription. A subscription that is between Stern and a given end user/player and their individual ID. It would not need to involve a location operator at all.
I'm NOT saying this is something I would personally pay for, I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised to see Stern do it. I DO think there are people (maybe mostly Home Users) who would pay some nominal subscription fee for the ability to play across town / state / continent with their buddy in head-to-head. I could be wrong. Again, I'm not an operator or involved in the pinball world other than being an enthusiast and a player with machines at home.

Well said. I do also think a pay model with more value for users totally works. Can’t wait to see what they come up with. For operators I know they have been cautious. I know first screenshots showed where you could earn free games. For operators I think letting a few free games go would be ok. Heck on location I’m dropping $40 on games and beer. One free game is ok.

1 week later
#5265 5 months ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Looks like a prompt to download a stern insider app while on the site.
The link takes you to the AppStore and appears to not be available due to region.

I just saw this too. Exciting

#5279 5 months ago

Hope November is Godzilla Badge month!

#5288 5 months ago

If you guys have not seen it, awesome new Quests dropped on IC today. Looks like these are the beginnings (hopeful) of monthly quests to go for.

LET'S GO

quests (resized).jpgquests (resized).jpg
#5291 5 months ago

If you're playing at home or hitting your local spot, make sure to play Godzilla today!!!

GZ (resized).jpgGZ (resized).jpg
#5308 5 months ago

Love to hear others enjoying and finding the fun in IC!!!

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks for the tip guys, I got the little guy a Stern insider account. He’s super stoked. We played one game on Venom and he wanted to immediately go look online to see what he got. Ha!

#5309 5 months ago

Just a question. Are your achievements verified (green star) or home verified (white star)? Location games give you full points and home achievements are half. You can get them on location later to get the rest of the points.

Quoted from Shredso:

Interesting. I just checked EHOH. I have 57/69 for 735XP. I added the remaining 12 achievements, came to 265 for an available total of 1,000. How do you get the other 1,000? Is that reserved for future updates?

1 week later
#5361 5 months ago

Love to see other topper fans!

Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL, it’s a bit weird…but it’s not like it’s a Pepsi ad or something totally unrelated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#5380 5 months ago

Same with me, I was not a topper fan until we got the first one.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I wasn’t really huge on them, but Rush is Rush…I had no choice.
Deadpool came with it, so there it is!

#5383 5 months ago

IC is throwing a Bad Request (400) error, I already reached out to the IC team.

1 week later
#5509 4 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I wonder why Foo Fighters is not included in the Sci-Fi Oh My quest. The whole thing with the alien overlord backstory seems pretty sci-Fi to me

This was not included because there will be a top leaderboard in Dec for Foo.

#5536 4 months ago

Wonder If you can drop any PMG or MP4 in there. I know at hope I would like the advertisement to be my info and sure locations would like to run video for upcoming events. That is something to try.

Quoted from mattosborn:

Yes. I did not use the online update to update this machine. New SD card image. So with the new code it automatically pulled this new attract mode content and saved it to the IC microSD.

1 week later
#5552 4 months ago

This week I had my QR code change on it's own. Thought a location was offline and missed some great scores. Came home and my ID in Home Team was gone and the QR did not work. I generated a new one and was good. This is the first time that this ever happened to me.

Quoted from EJS:

I don’t think it should change on its own but you can regenerate one indefinitely.

#5553 4 months ago

Under Profile and Account Info you can generate a new one.

Quoted from IBARAKURO:

and how do we regenerate it?

#5554 4 months ago

This same thing happened to me as well. I messaged the IC team.

Quoted from PrinzFred:

It seems like with recent updates, the QR code in my Apple wallet is no longer working to scan on games (the one in the Ap works) and also my user was deleted from my home team (on home games) and I every time I try to add myself back in, the game just freezes and reboots.
I contacted Stern, but wondering if anyone else is having similar problems?

3 weeks later
#5722 3 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Anyone have their "2023 year in review" available to them on the IC app? Mine still shows 2022

I would say give it a week or two for them to compile the data. Last year it was like the end of Jan that it came out.

2 weeks later
#5777 87 days ago
Quoted from Thot:

anybody knows how to have the bigfoot award? i try many times in order as describe but the last shoot at the left don't appears :/
[quoted image]

You can't go for it in the first few cities because you can't start this with ANY balls spotted.

#5778 87 days ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I managed to play all but 1 IC connected game during 23, 16 locations, 2230 games played, 335 days played, 225 day streak, and 12k XP. It’s been a fun year!
[quoted image]

Great job on your stats!

1 week later
#5827 74 days ago

With 8 IC games at home I run tournaments and a home league and would reallllly like home leaderboards. Since this never came out we use iScored.com for our leaderboard and it's been working great. Now not only are my games on there but my friends pins as well.

Quoted from JustEverett:

I don't get the desire for the home leader boards. I do have people over, but it seems like it would end up just being a lot of my scores from the month up there. In any given month, I'm the main player putting in scores. Sure, I have friends over 1-3 times each month depending on how busy work it, but I can't see it being something they would be interested in. People do love to try for my high score boards on each machine.

#5828 74 days ago

On AWS it would not add much at all. UI would even like to see them give us an open API where we, the community, can develope leaderboards and all kinds of virtual leagues!

Quoted from EtzEtz:

They always talk about how the server cost would go up so much at stern which is partly to blame why they haven’t done the home leaderboards yet. But explain it to me like I’m 5, couldn't it all reside on a local system? Like couldn't each of your machines check the local network to find a pc or other device that is running the home leaderboard to update the scores? I dont see why it really needs to impact sterns servers at all.

1 week later
#5859 62 days ago

This is amazing and needs to be a key post.

Quoted from Brombomb:

So I've been trying to hunt those achievements as they give me a different way to play the game. I'm sure there are others of you out there who are similar to me. I've wanted a checklist to make it easier to hunt than opening the app, finding the game, etc. If you're using Chrome here's a nifty little script I put together...
Go to the game you want and the full achievements page (Foo Fighters Example: https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/games/121/achievements)
Open your developer console (F12 on Windows/Linux, or right click > Inspect, Option + Command + I on mac):
Paste the following script and press enter

$$('li.items-start.text-lg:not(:has(.text-cabinet-light))').forEach((e) => e.remove()); // Remove any completed Achievements
$$('.border-cabinet-medium:not(:has(ul li)), .progress-bar, .mb-11 img, .text-xs.text-multiball').forEach(e => e.remove()); // Remove Completed Categories, Rarity Meter, Badge Image, and Points
$$('.mb-11 li').forEach((e) => {e.style.borderWidth = 0; e.style.paddingBottom = 0; e.style.marginBottom = 0}); // Clean up some spacing, make it more compact
$('.mb-11').style.background = 'white'; // Set the background to White (for better printing)

Now press ctrl + shift + p (or cmd + shift + p on Mac), type "node screenshot" and hit enter
[quoted image]
This will download a nice image of your achievements you haven't earned yet. You can print these to keep them next to your game for easy reference and to mark the ones you get, or just repeated this process.
I'm sure someone could turn this into a userstylesheet or greasemonkey if they wanted to
[quoted image]

#5864 61 days ago

Yeah I read the description and it sounded like 3 days but from the Godzilla challenges and a few others I knew what they meant to say was "On Valentines day the 14th, play your game with at least two accounts to earn the badge. Don't miss this one day challenge."

#5893 57 days ago

You have a good idea and sure they would like to hear it. Please send an email to [email protected].

Quoted from Absaroka_Flipper:

I was playing my dad's GZ the other day. When he first got it and set it up in December, wifi was slow to connect to the network, but it eventually did. Some times the machine would stay offline (wifi dongle failing). I came back and was playing it the past couple days. Wifi would work for one game, then the machine would be offline the next. Sometimes if you were lucky you could re-login before the end of the 3rd ball if the dongle decided to work. But here's what frustrates me - We previously setup a home team, yet I could not access the home team when the machine was offline.
I get that the machine needs to connect to the interwebs to register/log data but once a home team is established why can't the machine store games and scores internally until it reconnects to the network? It's already storing data for high scores. Are we really talking about that much data that there can't be a 500 Mb internal storage usb or SD card option? I put up my first 1 billion plus game on Godzilla the other day. It took about ~150 plays spaced out between December and February. I would have been livid if the machine was offline when I played that game. If anyone at Stern and working with IC reads these, please build in a failsafe for IC. I just installed a new dongle for my dad today, since the stock one Stern uses started failing out of the box...

1 week later
#5913 45 days ago

No new March IC challenge badges, hope it’s just a late deployment. Total bummer as I am now really looking forward to them and the extra value it gives in owning Stern pins. Good news we got a new Leaderboard.

<——- Stern, you looking for a IC Product Owner?

IMG_2867 (resized).jpegIMG_2867 (resized).jpeg
#5916 45 days ago

IC for March!

IMG_2873 (resized).jpegIMG_2873 (resized).jpeg
#5919 45 days ago

My guess is a sweet 16 bracket of pin vs pin and badges for the “winning pins” and maybe a player.

If that’s the case for the player my bet is on Taylor and the pin for the win Jaws.

#5920 45 days ago

Heck yeah for all your suggestions.

Quoted from Rexdeanrds:

Will we see real time Head to Head via IC?
New Custom Player tags (Not generic Color + Shape tags)?
Dare I suggest... Home leaderboards (Sports theme fitting sort of)

1 month later
#6114 14 days ago

Great job Stern on the April challenges.

The verbiage on the challenges are more clear, spaced throughout the month and encourages play on multiple pins.

KUDOS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.99
Lighting - Other
FlipMods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 19.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TroyS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=TroyS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.