stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaylorVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Sure, but when does "stuff that should have come with the purchase price or in the past as a free update" suddenly become "additional content". For a product at this price point, you shouldn't have to worry that you won't get the full experience.
I'm not saying are absolutely going this, but it is starting to sound like the EA model of games, where you pay for 60% of a game and then have to pay more to "unlock" the rest.</

That's a strawman logical fallacy. No one is arguing you should own an incomplete game.
Trying to define "complete" in a situation where you can add things after the game leaves the factory is a fools errand. Do we buy computers that are not complete because we can add software to them to suit our use case? Of course not. The computer is complete as we purchased it. If we want additional capabilities we can add them.

When buying a computer you know what it comes with, installed software, hardware capabilities, yadda yadda. With pinball the trend has been to ship incomplete code with the understanding that code will eventually be “completed”,but now we enter the land of world of anybody’s guess as to what you will or will not get, that’s a huge difference.

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:What exactly is the difference? It's always been "anybody's guess as to what you will or will not get" with code updates. You can assume code will eventually get to 1.0 but you never know exactly what that entails.
If you're balking because people who pay extra can make your game do things you can't I refer you to the Supergame, standard on Judge Dredd . If I pay extra I get a completely different game experience.

Recent track record would indicate that Stern turned the corner on not completing or fleshing out game code. My expectation would be that buying a game now and moving foreare would include code as finished as their recent titles, that would include features like playing the wizard modes Escape Nublar or AIQ’s BOM. If features like that are now behind a paywall I think they should let people know.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

My take away on this. Stern needs to put way more effort into educated and explaining this stuff. Seems like most pinballers think of online with all the negativity and failure from decades ago. There is just so much misinformation and fear towards this technology. Stern clearly needs to provide way more details and their long term vision. A lot of people are assuming the worst.

Stern’s track record isn’t helpful: transformer’s QR codes , Stranger Things UV kits, Topper specific modes…etc.

Buying an 8-12k pinball machine should not be like a buying a box of chocolates.

3771A622-A5FF-47E5-996F-D4BB784EB4A3 (resized).jpeg3771A622-A5FF-47E5-996F-D4BB784EB4A3 (resized).jpeg
#870 2 years ago

Would personally like to be able to have any added rules/modes purchased for the game be able to be played by any player and not limited to those that have IC.

2 months later
#1791 2 years ago

If I have the IC connected installed would players need to log in to access the other modes? If a 4 player games was being played and only 1 player was IC would everyone have access to the extra modes?

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I would expect entitlements to follow the game - not the signed in player.

That’s what I’m hoping as well. I don’t want to force people to sign up for IC to play features in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.99
Lighting - Other
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TaylorVA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=TaylorVA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.