stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3703 1 year ago

I did the scannerless setup on my SW Premium and it works great. Just scan in and play a game on one of my other IC games first. Your name can be picked from the list on SW. It’s great that this works. I hope Stern doesn’t disable it in the future for some reason.

The achievements and artwork is great on SW! Nice work Stern!

#3704 1 year ago

Anyone know if there is a way to reset or delete the achievements on a game? A friend of mine had an epic game logged in as me and it skewed my achievements.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Stuck a 32gb micro sd card in my game, at boot up it was detected and is being formatted. Two hours later, still formatting. Jeez how long does this take?!

I had the same problem. I put the card in a card reader on my laptop and tried to format it there and got an error that the last block of the card was not readable. Funny thing is the card works in a USB adapter, just not with the direct card connection.

I’m chalking it up to a bad card or an incompatible brand of card. Other cards/brands worked perfectly.

#3733 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Can someone remind me what is the capacity of the microSD card installed in the CPU board for IC ? Just want to test it in my Star Wars (I have a reader mounted in such a way it's easily removable - but the card is inside the other machine to which I don't have access to until September)
Thanks

16g or bigger. We suspect Class 10 card or better.

#3735 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Is the wifi dongle that comes with the IC kit just kinda shotty?
When I turn on GZ it doesn't recognize my wifi for quite a bit, then after I played one game last night, it wasn't connected again and wouldn't connect unless I reset the machine.
I have quite a few things connect to wifi down here that don't have any issues, and they are all connected to a 2.4ghz wifi access point that is literally like directly above the pin, on the floor above in my kitchen. Probably like 10 feet through the ceiling.
I haven't played my JP since I setup Home Team in there though to see how that one connects. It has some microcenter dongle that worked fine to set it up initially.

All USB dongles like this are quite limited in their antenna space and therefore antenna performance. Couple that with the fact that the backbox is a 3 sided metal box that RF signals can't penetrate very easily, you can end up with really poor performance.

You can try placing the WiFi dongle on the end of a 1M USB extension cable and routing it out of the backbox through the topper access hole in the top of the backbox. I cut the WIFI upgrade time from over 3 hours to just under 1 hour with this simple change.

Amazon Basics USB 3.0 Extension Cable - A-Male to A-Female Extender Cord - 3 .3 Feet (2 Pack), Black https://a.co/d/7IewHKA

#3739 1 year ago

I used this brand of 32g cards in SW and it works perfectly.

TOPESEL 32GB Micro SD Card 2 Pack Memory Cards Micro SDHC UHS-I TF Card Class 10 for Camera/Drone/Dash Cam(2 Pack U1 32GB) https://a.co/d/4HuSejr

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

I’ve tried 3 different ones as I ordered 3 of them. Reset adapter dozens of times. Tried both ports. Wiggled them. Reset the machines. Done everything and it won’t detect them. Hook up to my pc and they all work just fine.

I know some people said it doesn’t matter what WiFi adapter you use but I don’t see how that can be right. Each WiFi chipset needs specific drivers and I doubt Stern has drivers to support them all.

I used this specific one and it works.

CanaKit Raspberry Pi WiFi Wireless Adapter / Dongle (802.11 n/g/b 150 Mbps) https://a.co/d/1TzBBGv

The Startech dongle pictured here was included in an IC kit from stern and it works too.

StarTech.com USB 150Mbps Mini Wireless N Network Adapter - 802.11n/g 1T1R Wi-Fi Adapter (USB150WN1X1) https://a.co/d/0PbGerC

9E82DFEE-8044-4BF3-9C79-5BF923D3D07F (resized).jpeg9E82DFEE-8044-4BF3-9C79-5BF923D3D07F (resized).jpeg

#3758 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does scanning the QR code on another machine work for anyone to setup a new game ?

You can use a QR code to enter your WiFi network settings. Go to the network status screen on your working game and there will be a QR code on the left side. Take a picture of that code. Open the network setup screen on the new game and scan that QR code to configure WiFi on the new machine. You will still need to follow the other steps to setup IC but this gets around typing in your WiFi info on that terrible keyboard.

#3766 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

...but I'm not sure if it's all IC kits or only some of them.

It is in all of them. IC can't be initialized unless a working 16g or bigger microSD card is installed.

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I think there's a much greater likelihood that this "bug" is fixed in the next round of code updates.

Sad but true. I suspect the “accessory revenue maximization” team already has this in their sites.

#3804 1 year ago

When guests scan in, I hopped they would appear in the list of guest users on all games in the venue. It doesn’t work that way. They need to scan in on each and every game.

Anyone know if this is just a setting I need to change?

6 months later
#4800 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Having an odd issue. Trying to install on my JP Pro. Says SD Card not installed, which strikes me as odd. I previously had the movie code on the JP, but figured I'd just update everything. Followed directions from Stern when flashing the SD Card. Fully updated to 1.70 code. Also updated via USB stick as well. Machine boots up no problem and I'm able to play the machine.
Tried booting the machine with the SD Card removed, will not boot up. Put the SD Card back in, machine boots up no problem, but the problem remains the same, SD Card "not installed".
Any suggestions folks??
Thanks in advance.

Wrong SD card. There is one for the game code and another for insider connected storage. The error is that it can’t find the insider connected card. As you found out, the game won’t boot without the game code SD Card.

2 weeks later
#4841 1 year ago
Quoted from DJK77:

Wondering why Rush scores at my verified location aren't showing up on the stern global verified leaderboard? I have a monthly leaderboard that is working properly. Is there a setting I am missing?

Rush just had a pretty significant change in scoring with the latest firmware update. Multipliers and things have been limited. Did Stern reset the global leader board?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Schwaggs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=Schwaggs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.