stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1031 Notes directly from Stern's presentation to Stern Army members. Posted by chuckwurt (2 years ago)

Post #1043 Additional notes from the Stern presentation. Posted by Smack (2 years ago)

Post #2423 Stern Splitter for IC on Batman 66 and other amazingly loaded games! Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #3320 Methods for leaderboards on location. Posted by davegauth (1 year ago)

Post #4641 Info regarding which chipsets in the dongles are likely to work. Posted by TrixTrix (1 year ago)

Post #4880 Sharing QR readers still works after Apr 20 2023 IC update Posted by ChrisBardon (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John-Floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1082 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruger:

Yeah, no way to convert an account from all-access that I can see, if you went ahead and created a new account using same email address. I think Stern dropped the ball here by not getting out conversion account emails before going live or just doing the conversions automatically. My guess now is that anyone who created an account yesterday using same email address just wiped their "paid" all-access account, and now Stern has no record and you will get no conversion email. That is my guess, which means people will have to individually contact Stern with some sort of proof to get their account upgraded to the Paid version. Resulting in a lot of extra work for Stern on the back-end as well as annoyance to all-access customers.

I just created a new account using the same email address from my insider account. I’m sure i will get full upgraded access by the time I need it - I’ll just shoot them an email if need be.

#1139 2 years ago

mine automatically transferred over so it seems to be working. Went with HOTSAUCE as a Username.

3 months later
#2443 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:I picked up an IC kit for my LZ LE yesterday at Old Town Pinball in Saint Augustine FL. They had a few more in stock...

HUGE THANK YOU JOHN! Just ordered a kit for my LZ Premium - been looking everywhere for one of these and they still had one in stock. you are the man!!!!

#2445 2 years ago

and now they're gone.....

#2455 2 years ago

Nice! Must of made some inventory adjustments.... said sold out an hour ago. Glad you got one. Cant say I'm thrilled with the Red Apron insert for my LZ Premium. I'm not going to go the coin door route, but are there other options?

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow that was fast. Also fast was how quickly I received a shipping notification email, within an hour of placing the order.
Kits for pro's and premiums appear to be back in stock this morning.
Pro: https://oldtownpinball.com/shop-new/ols/products/stern-insider-kit-for-premium-machines-str-nsd-kit-for1
Premium / LE: https://oldtownpinball.com/shop-new/ols/products/stern-insider-kit-for-premium-machines

Yeah no Joke! Shipped within the hour and I'll be receiving it tomorrow. Old Town Pinball seems to be one Solid Distributor.

#2507 2 years ago

so my IC arrived today and I plan on installing it on my LZ Premium after work. I thought I read somewhere that Stern may offer some type of special artwork or something since I will be removing the lit up Zeppelin triangle art on the Apron if I go the official installation route? I guess I could always just use a custom apron card to cover everything but the sensor or something along those lines. I'm not too handy when it comes to altering my machine and I don't want it on the coin door.

#2511 2 years ago

Edit - all set. Just took many attempts to get it to work.

EDFB6E13-D6AC-4A69-9E8E-26CC625A4EF1 (resized).jpegEDFB6E13-D6AC-4A69-9E8E-26CC625A4EF1 (resized).jpeg

#2517 2 years ago

That damn micro SD card was driving me nuts...Took over 10+ tries to get the system to detect it and finally format it and got the IC up and running. Kept on saying "Not installed" even though it was inserted properly. Very Finicky item. Hope it works when I try again after work today. The IC is a Cool item.

#2527 2 years ago

After finally getting it connected after 10+ tries last night, I turned on LZ just now and it won’t connect again saying sd card not detected? annoying as hell - The damn thing is in there! Is there something I am doing wrong?!

#2529 2 years ago

That’s my concern….that whole board would need to be replaced and I’m not all to technical with this stuff. I emailed stern to send a new card and if that doesn’t work I may just return the whole IC system unless stern wants to send a new board to get this fancy new highly promoted feature to work. Shame…It was cool the one time it connected.

#2535 2 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Maybe the card is formatted and you need to clear it.
On a windows machine open disk management, right click on the volume you want to remove and click on "delete volume". After that your card is ready and will be formatted by the insider connect software.[quoted image]

Thank you. Just reformatted it and will give it a shot when I get home. I spoke with Stern (Who have been great to work with) and they are also sending me a new SD card to see if that helps. If this fails, I will need to get a new board since the SD reader is probably bad. Fingers crossed!

#2536 2 years ago

reformatted original 32SD card = no dice. New 16 card coming from Stern today - hope that works....

#2540 2 years ago

old town pinball in Florida had a few in earlier this week and got one to me in 2 days but sold out again. I'd check their site every so often.

#2550 2 years ago

Tried both new mini sd cards and it’s just the same issue “no card detected” in red in the “net” setting so it’s unusable for me at this point as it looks like it’s the reader on the CPU that is bad. So weird cause I got it all set up 1 time a couple of days ago (after many sd Reinsert/restarts attempts) finally logged in one game on my profile and got a couple achievements. Then I turned on the game the next day and same damn issue “no card detected” is happening every single time I’ve tried since with both cards I have. Ugh

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If you don’t mind, post a picture of the SD card in the main board.

No prob - any suggestions are more than welcome. I had a friend over last night carefully going through all the directions again and we just can’t get it to work. And it really should be a simple install and setup. Just has to be a bad mini SD reader and the only way to fix would be a whole new board from Stern.
Here’s a pic of the mini sd inserted in the reader. Gently pushed in once until it clicks and is locked in. Also a pic of the new card they sent (same 32 card) as well as the constant error screen that’s shows not detected in red when I try both cards.
A07C1D8C-4D94-466B-B02C-789B8EBBAF20 (resized).jpegA07C1D8C-4D94-466B-B02C-789B8EBBAF20 (resized).jpegE1F50201-0923-4D98-A6D8-EE2AB929791F (resized).jpegE1F50201-0923-4D98-A6D8-EE2AB929791F (resized).jpegF816195E-9DAA-4CDC-9B5D-885ADE60905D (resized).jpegF816195E-9DAA-4CDC-9B5D-885ADE60905D (resized).jpeg

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

sorry if this has been said already or seems stupid, but have you considered using a smaller SD card, like 16GB instead? maybe CPU/ file system can't address 32GB? just guessing... fingers crossed!

I did specifically request a 16gb card when I spoke with Cust service. They Stated that 2 games need 32GB USB Cards (Rush and Elvira) . I told them that in the Gomez video they show a 16 gb card, but for my replacement card they sent me another 32gb and said it should work just fine - LZ for example, can use either a 32 or 16. I have a new CPU headed my way (if they have extra ones for warranty issues), but maybe I should go out and pick up a 16GB card just to try and rule it out. I find it hard to believe I have a faulty reader as I did get it hooked up once (after literally 50+ tries haha) But as stated, it could easily go unnoticed during QC check since it isn't being used at that time. maybe a 16 would do the trick - I'll pick one up to try. I'd love to save Stern and GAP the hassle of extra work/ inventory if possible. I appreciate any tips to get this thing setup - thank you!

#2592 2 years ago

agreed - the cards I saw at a local store were all 32 and it really shouldn't matter anyway- its definitely a faulty reader - I'll have an new warranty CPU headed my way eventually.

3 weeks later
#2786 2 years ago

I'm really diggin the IC. I have it on 3 of my games at home and as long as they keep on adding achievements I'll be happy with it.

3 months later
#3235 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have a 55" TV in my gameroom. If I am hosting league, and I can have high score boards on that TV, that is freaking cool. Call it redundant all you want, but it is cool. Pinball players gravitate towards being the one with their name at the top. It will lead to s&^t talking as the battles commence. We'd eat pizza, drink beer, and laugh at the crappy scores. Fun times. If Stern let me do it, I'd do it instantly.

agree 100% - I think it would be awesome to have a TV leaderboard in my Game room.

4 months later
#4150 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Did you see George Gomez mention on the 007 stream tonight that one of the main reasons for no home leader boards is that operators want this to be exclusive to location play? I am not sure I buy this excuse. I think Stern want to differentiate home and location accounts so that can justify charging pro accounts in the future.

Bullshit excuse. They better have home leaderboards avail down the road.

1 month later
#4344 1 year ago

Home leaderboards is what I’m hoping for

#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I would love to this as well! This would be an easy dev fix as all the code is there. Also I can’t see how this takes away from locations. A total win-win.

It doesn’t take anything away from location play. Those that play at locations aren’t losing out on anything and will still continue to go. I just want it to create a little more exciting vibe in my home Gameroom and try to get my buddies to up their game and try to beat my scores haha

#4358 1 year ago

Disappointing Gomez said that. I asked about home leaderboards on FB and stern replied “Stay tuned”. Got my hopes up…Guess that was stay tuned for a hard “no”.

3 months later
#4823 1 year ago

Found a nice coin display on Amazon for the IC gift from last year. Kinda cool I guess… Adds a touch of class to my game room.

522BFF5A-C53F-44FF-AE40-D70588FC1363 (resized).jpeg522BFF5A-C53F-44FF-AE40-D70588FC1363 (resized).jpeg

7 months later
#5440 4 months ago

Worked for me just now - no problem

#5473 4 months ago

Very happy with it - Well done Stern! Little hiccup on the first few hours for many, but been working perfect for me since. Love the app - way more convenient than the website. Hoping it’s a gateway to home leaderboards soon.

#5494 4 months ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

How is it "way more convenient than the website"

I hit 1 icon on my phone and I’m logged in - That’s why it is more convenient for me

2 months later
#5817 78 days ago

By "reasonable fee", I hope you mean included in the yearly insider connected cost because as of now, I don't see much value subscribing to it, other than receiving a plastic cup and a Stern Coin.

#5820 78 days ago

Yes I meant all access.

I think that is the coin - I have mine in a little display case - if that is not it, mine looks very similar. I can post a pic when I get home.

#5822 78 days ago

Different coin

IMG_2020 (resized).jpegIMG_2020 (resized).jpegIMG_2021 (resized).jpegIMG_2021 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#6142 6 days ago

Screw that! Prior to launch they said home leaderboards were coming. Games went up in price to include IC by default. Others spent $200 a pop putting it in some of their games. Years later still not here and now they want to get feelers for how much they can charge for it. Yeah - No thanks. Talk about a shitty move if this were to come to fruition. At very least, it should come standard if one pays the yearly Insider fee. That’s as far as I’m willing to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.99
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John-Floyd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected?tu=John-Floyd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.