B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 124.
#4701 1 year ago

Here's what's killing me with Insider. It has nothing to make it more robust when connectivity drops, which happens frequently. So if it can't upload a score due to connectivity, it apparently never tries again. Lost many high scores and achievements at home and on route. It really makes me want to avoid the system completely, when you have your best game ever... and it just LOSES IT. It didn't even work for any of the games in the last tournament I played in for several hours. None of my scores even made it to the scoreboard.

Wade

#4702 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Can this be removed without any damage to head? Best way to remove this? Would love to hear from someone who has actually removed this sticker.
[quoted image]

Comes off real easy. just lift a corner. I moved mine to the coin door to make it easier for folks to scan.

#4703 1 year ago

Is anyone else currently having issues creating/editing Leaderboards?

#4704 1 year ago

Question, does anybody know if IC will record a score even if the game is switched off half way through a game? I would test this myself but don't have a game with IC in front of me atm.

Reason for asking is that I'm considering a location based IC comp involving the player to get the closet score to a score I choose to win a prize, but Id rather full games to be played to make it more challenging (and not having random punters switch the game on and off).

#4705 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Question, does anybody know if IC will record a score even if the game is switched off half way through a game? I would test this myself but don't have a game with IC in front of me atm.
Reason for asking is that I'm considering a location based IC comp involving the player to get the closet score to a score I choose to win a prize, but Id rather full games to be played to make it more challenging (and not having random punters switch the game on and off).

Quick answer no. The game when finished after bonus only sends IC data then.

#4706 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

and what about the tilt?

#4707 1 year ago

I just had two different games on my location pop up with left right flipper button and left right flipper EOS operator errors. Like 10 total. Anybody else seeing this? I'm doubting two separate games lost ability to detect flipper button presses at the same time.

SmartSelect_20230223-201959_Firefox.jpgSmartSelect_20230223-201959_Firefox.jpg
#4708 1 year ago

Yeah, I get those a lot, too. I've seen it on Beatles, Deadpool, Jurassic Park and Led Zeppelin. I also get a lot of wild kids in that just hammer on the flipper buttons, so that could be a contributing factor.

#4709 1 year ago

I don't get much of that. The erroneous stuff I've had so far has just been the trough errors.

#4710 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and what about the tilt?

Yes, Tilt could be a problem unless I disable it for the comp period.

#4711 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I just had two different games on my location pop up with left right flipper button and left right flipper EOS operator errors. Like 10 total. Anybody else seeing this? I'm doubting two separate games lost ability to detect flipper button presses at the same time.[quoted image]

Mine have done that. I ignore literally all alerts except for node errors.

#4712 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I don't get much of that. The erroneous stuff I've had so far has just been the trough errors.

Trough errors are persistent lol. I ignore them for the most part

#4713 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Trough errors are persistent lol. I ignore them for the most part

I got a trough error on my new SW Pro. Did an update and it went away. Are these errors showing up in Service Menu or some other IC related menu?

#4714 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I just had two different games on my location pop up with left right flipper button and left right flipper EOS operator errors. Like 10 total. Anybody else seeing this? I'm doubting two separate games lost ability to detect flipper button presses at the same time.[quoted image]

I get those as well. Has to be just an error, I’ve never had an actual problem with eos on any the games it reported errors on.

#4715 1 year ago

I got a trough error on my new SW Pro. Did an update and it went away. Are these errors showing up in Service Menu or some other IC related menu?

If you have a location you get operator alerts, same as if you just entered the service menu. There are a bunch that just come and go on their own with no rhyme or reason.

#4716 1 year ago

My Launch party kit arrived today for Star Wars Pro
Upon hooking it up there are no empty ports on any of the node boards
anybody have a work around, there is a empty one in the back box

#4717 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Yes look in this thread for talk about a splitter

#4718 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes look in this thread for talk about a splitter

thank you

#4719 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If you have a location you get operator alerts, same as if you just entered the service menu. There are a bunch that just come and go on their own with no rhyme or reason.

Curious...so I'm not an operator but that trough error could still be IC related I guess?

#4720 1 year ago

Lift the corner with a razor blade and it will peel off. It’s more of a plastic with a sticky back, not a paper sticker

I keep a plastic razor handy always.

#4721 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I used the open port on back of playfield LCD

#4722 1 year ago

I get a bunch of alarms - but you have to take them with a grain of salt and ignore them. The only error I have had that turned out to be legit was a lost ball alarm. A ball was stuck on the playfield. However, I just had the same alarm on another machine and everything was fine when I got there.

Seems like maybe the reporting has a big delay in its updating times - programmed to keep all errors for say 12-24 hours before allowing them to clear?

Not the end of the world - but it is a bit of chicken little type reporting. A little too sensitive, making it aless useful feature.(since it is there to be ignored now)

#4723 1 year ago

Curious...so I'm not an operator but that trough error could still be IC related I guess?

Game came with version 1.21. It had this error and sound glitches. Updated to 1.23 and error went away and sound was fixed so I was thinking probably a bad download. But wondering if this error is what you guys are talking about? Game played just fine as if there weren't any errors.

20230215_160007 (resized).jpg20230215_160007 (resized).jpg
#4724 1 year ago

Are the play counts still all screwed up? Mine are showing weird numbers that I don’t think are correct.

#4725 1 year ago

Game came with version 1.21. It had this error and sound glitches. Updated to 1.23 and error went away and sound was fixed so I was thinking probably a bad download. But wondering if this error is what you guys are talking about? Game played just fine as if there weren't any errors.
[quoted image]

I’ll still get the actual tech alert on the screen like that along with the IC alert. If your trough is fine and confirming that through the switch test, just ignore it. It’s all good!

Are the play counts still all screwed up? Mine are showing weird numbers that I don’t think are correct.

Yea it’s still a mess.

#4726 1 year ago

Yes the timing of the daily totals resetting is off seems to be the consensus.

#4727 1 year ago

Looks like the play count on the main page is now matching the play count on the per game page.

As of this moment anyway..

#4728 1 year ago

But.. It also looks like it hasnt updated ANY play counts in the past 5-6 hours either.... hmmm

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

But.. It also looks like it hasnt updated ANY play counts in the past 5-6 hours either.... hmmm

It’s way jacked now. I had plays from yesterday that stayed on todays count.

Still there as of now. At this point if IC can’t get this right, I have some doubts about anything working in the future.

#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

It’s way jacked now. I had plays from yesterday that stayed on todays count.
Still there as of now. At this point if IC can’t get this right, I have some doubts about anything working in the future.

Yep. Still screwed up

E2EBFA81-FBBA-4B9D-8B4B-A457AA79C0FF (resized).pngE2EBFA81-FBBA-4B9D-8B4B-A457AA79C0FF (resized).png
#4731 1 year ago

ok, is 5am. What I see right now is..

Both pages add uo to the same play counts. Great.

Except, The brewery closed at 10pm last night, so there should be zero plays on the count right now.

It does look as though some reset took place as the count is lower than when we closed last night. But looks like it didn't reset to zero.

#4732 1 year ago

Just FYI - I just heard from Stern support. They are aware of the issue and we should see a fix by later this week.

Thank you Stern - if you are watching this.

#4733 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Just FYI - I just heard from Stern support. They are aware of the issue and we should see a fix by later this week.

Anything said about phantom errors?

#4734 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I have been detailing my similar count issues to stern support. They are very responsive collecting the details and also said they hope for a fix later this week.

#4735 1 year ago

Made a new thread for a fix/hack I came up with for dim/no light IC modules

See it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insider-connect-no-dim-light-fix#post-7429899

It involves hot air and your kitchen!

#4736 1 year ago

Anything said about phantom errors?

The readme file for one of the latest code releases indicated a software fix for the trough errors. Presumably any other title that gets updated code in the future will receive that same fix.

#4737 1 year ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

The readme file for one of the latest code releases indicated a software fix for the trough errors. Presumably any other title that gets updated code in the future will receive that same fix.

Excellent...most excellent.

#4738 1 year ago

I wish we were not always traveling on Christmas so I could get that achievement!!

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks on the pro apron, does anyone know the screw length/size that goes through to the IC reader? I borrowed the reader of a pro and I've misplaced those screws.
Thanks,
Neil

All of the IC mounting screws I have seen are 4-40 screws. These are the same size threads I have on the back of the coin door mounts that I sell on pinside
DA6AC765-A238-4395-9AE1-3294E0478DE9 (resized).jpegDA6AC765-A238-4395-9AE1-3294E0478DE9 (resized).jpeg

#4739 1 year ago

My Feb leader board has already ended…..
9E2B44B1-601B-4A7C-9FD5-9BCB9AAF759C (resized).jpeg9E2B44B1-601B-4A7C-9FD5-9BCB9AAF759C (resized).jpeg

EDIT: YAAAA I did the wrong time....crap.

#4740 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My Feb leader board has already ended…..[quoted image]

According to that you had it set to end just after lunch time (1 in the afternoon). I guess you wanted it to finish at 11:59PM, (just before midnight) and accidentally put 12:59.

#4741 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

According to that you had it set to end just after lunch time (1 in the afternoon). I guess you wanted it to finish at 11:59PM, (just before midnight) and accidentally put 12:59.

This.

#4742 1 year ago

How do I get The leaders on a tv screen in my Arcade ?
Do you use a dongle? Firestick?

#4743 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

CRAP!!!!!!

#4744 1 year ago
Quoted from SMI3:

If your "smart" tv can boot auto to a webpage, could use that. i use an app suggested via this thread for $20 on amazon and use it on a firestick. The tv is smart enough to turn on, use the last source (hdmi 1 aka firestick) and the app will auto load the website. I am having odd issues where it will randomly be gray and not have the page, its like the firestick or app just freak out. a reboot fixes it, but I need to get a remote power button ac plug so the bartender can just power cycle the tv (no tv remote).

#4745 1 year ago
Quoted from SMI3:

I use a firestick

#4746 1 year ago

But with multiple pins they disapear? Or What do i do wrong?

#4747 1 year ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Keypost:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/67#post-7006277

#4748 1 year ago

Will this work on home games? I have 13 sterns with IC .

#4749 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Will this work on home games? I have 13 sterns with IC .

Unfortunately it's only enabled for location play currently. They've said now that they will enable it for homes at some point, but it's unknown when that will happen.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-home-leaderboards-for-stern-insider-connected#post-7280704

#4750 1 year ago

Ugh my fire stick app keeps kicking out of the stern website and going back to the fire stick main homepage

Edit: power cycled the tv and it’s been staying up. But I assume this is what is happening when people tell me it’s a gray screen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Contact
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.