Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,332 posts
  • 562 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by TroyS
  • Topic is favorited by 247 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20221128_183516358_HDR.jpg
    6B9C2963-A6D7-4631-97C4-3DBDB07F5DBD (resized).png
    20221020_121856 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221123_091919714_HDR.jpg
    CA97BB7B-37DD-4F50-87B6-9CB1EDC5CD89 (resized).jpeg
    Insider Connected (resized).jpg
    198DA32D-5F58-41C4-AE7F-829C157568B3 (resized).jpeg
    Godzilla Apron.jpg
    20221105_204924 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0805 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0812 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0802 (resized).JPG
    13518794-B7C5-495C-B846-76A30413ADEA (resized).jpeg
    50507CA5-9094-4BFB-BA1E-BFE85F3DEC83 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20221002_111612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 87.
    #4301 10 days ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

You guys are awesome! Looks like I have a project over the Thanksgiving break. I don't feel like shelling out for a full kit at the moment.
    $25 at Office Depot, curbside later this morning.
    Update: this dongle isn't being recognized by the game. Do I need a specific USB wifi?

If you go back through this thread, you will find links to which dongle to buy. Dongle must be compatible with the software already loaded in the CPU.

#4302 10 days ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

You guys are awesome! Looks like I have a project over the Thanksgiving break. I don't feel like shelling out for a full kit at the moment.
    $25 at Office Depot, curbside later this morning.
    Update: this dongle isn't being recognized by the game. Do I need a specific USB wifi?

This is a good choice: https://a.co/d/08W9j6A

#4303 10 days ago

Anyone else out there travel to find and play just IC games?? Our family just loves it and been badge chasing for some time now.

#4304 10 days ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

Anyone else out there travel to find and play just IC games?? Our family just loves it and been badge chasing for some time now.

I’m fortunate enough to have multiple locations with IC connected games. I’m addicted enough to the achievements to re-earn achievements I already have at home with the verified achievements at IC-verified locations.

#4305 9 days ago
    Quoted from Taygeta:

I’m fortunate enough to have multiple locations with IC connected games. I’m addicted enough to the achievements to re-earn achievements I already have at home with the verified achievements at IC-verified locations.

Yes! We are the same and all the local ones we go and get verified as well. Glad to meet other IC focused players.

#4306 9 days ago

I appreciate the link for the dongle, I have ordered one that was recommended. I did try plugging an Ethernet cable in, but none of my games would recognize the wired connection either. It's been a very frustrating process so far.

#4307 9 days ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

I appreciate the link for the dongle, I have ordered one that was recommended. I did try plugging an Ethernet cable in, but none of my games would recognize the wired connection either. It's been a very frustrating process so far.

Did you go into the settings to set it to Wired? When I was having wifi problems I resorted to ethernet as well and had no problems once I set it up in the menu. Also, did you connect your home network's ethernet to the port on the top of your motherboard in the head? That is the correct port to hook into vs one of the ones on the bottom of the motherboard.

It sounds like you are trying to use 1 reader/kit and additional SD cards and dongles for the other machines, which is totally fine. However, one requirement when setting up the other machines is that the reader is attached to the machine you are trying to connect to IC. With the reader installed, when you go to the Net service menu you should see a bunch of options, one of which will be Setup Connection. From here you can choose wither Wired or Wireless.

If you do not want to physically move the apron, just run a long ethernet cable between it and an open ethernet port on the game you are configuring. Once setup you never need to use the reader again if all you want to do is use Hometeam.

#4308 9 days ago

Here we go. Using your IC login to the website the 007 badges are out!!

CA97BB7B-37DD-4F50-87B6-9CB1EDC5CD89 (resized).jpeg
    #4309 8 days ago
    Quoted from davegauth:

As a follow up for operator looking to install Leaderboards on location.
    Summary first: I'm going with Option 1 below. I like the idea of making additional signage/advertising that can be rotated on the display. Different leaderboards can also be rotated on the display. Being able to turn on and off wby themselves is also a big plus. One twist I will try is to use an HDMI splitter so 1 account can run 2 displays. I'll grab a couple of TV's on Prime day too...
    Option 1 - Setup a Leader Board using Yodek (Sign Service, using Rasberry Pi) - 1 free Screen, Can get a Rasberry Pi included with yearly subscription, can turn Tv on and off at set times. Because it is a signage service, you can do a ton more than just.
    https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Yodeck-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
    Option 2 - Using Android TV This link shows how to use the ONN stick or box connected to your TV. I do not know if this can turn on and off your TV, or if the APP will automatically launch on start up.
    https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Android-TV-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
    Option 3 - Just use a Smart TV and use the/a web browser app in it to display the website. This works, as I tried it on my home TV - but it's cumbersome as you will need to turn the TV on and navigate to the Browser APP every time you turn it on.
    Option 4 - Use a Fire TV stick or a Tv running Fire TV and download the Simple Tv Display app($20). This is supposed to automatically boot and default to the web page. Not sure if the Fire Tv's cna be set to turn on and off by themselves at set times though. A big consideration is Amazon prime day is just a week away and all the Amazon Fire TV devices and Tv's will probably be available for a big discount.

Regarding option 4.

This will work better than I expected. That app will self boot after a startup or power cycle. If you put your monitor/TV on a timer this can be a complete package on location.

Also do not put auto scaling as a default setting on the app. On my TV it cut off names and scores.

This really is the easiest low cost method I've found for operators on location at this point. Any other ops out there that want to share any tips or strategies with leaderboards, please post them up.

#4310 8 days ago
    Quoted from Smack:

Did you go into the settings to set it to Wired? When I was having wifi problems I resorted to ethernet as well and had no problems once I set it up in the menu. Also, did you connect your home network's ethernet to the port on the top of your motherboard in the head? That is the correct port to hook into vs one of the ones on the bottom of the motherboard.
    It sounds like you are trying to use 1 reader/kit and additional SD cards and dongles for the other machines, which is totally fine. However, one requirement when setting up the other machines is that the reader is attached to the machine you are trying to connect to IC. With the reader installed, when you go to the Net service menu you should see a bunch of options, one of which will be Setup Connection. From here you can choose wither Wired or Wireless.
    If you do not want to physically move the apron, just run a long ethernet cable between it and an open ethernet port on the game you are configuring. Once setup you never need to use the reader again if all you want to do is use Hometeam.

I have already registered the machine with my ic account, I was able to get it working with a dongle from the other machine and played a game with home team. When I plug in the ethernet cable and go to the wired settings, it wants to do a DHCP wired setup. I click setup and it just spins and spins and never connects.

If the dongle I ordered is compatible, then I'll be all set when it gets here.

IMG_20221123_091919714_HDR.jpg
    #4311 8 days ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Regarding option 4.
    This will work better than I expected. That app will self boot after a startup or power cycle. If you put your monitor/TV on a timer this can be a complete package on location.
    Also do not put auto scaling as a default setting on the app. On my TV it cut off names and scores.
    This really is the easiest low cost method I've found for operators on location at this point. Any other ops out there that want to share any tips or strategies with leaderboards, please post them up.

I ended up using Option 1. It works great for the brewery as I can quickly make updates to it remotely.

I didn't think this would be a big deal at first, but in practice it started to show some bennifits.

- Every month I reset the leaderboard and I need to change the URL link to the new link.
    - I also show YouTube videos in-between leaderboard showings. (Abeflips tutorials, Bond promo videos etc)
    - You can easily create other promo stuff that can be displayed like Tournaments coming up, league night, Happy Hour etc.

These all work pretty seamlessly - you create a playlist with all the items you want to show and then set the amount of seconds you want each piece to display for, then push a button to send it to the player.

My observation - Players really like the leaderboard. I see a bunch of people coming in to try chipping away at top spot. It turned into an easy way to have some passive competition. I get texts from a few people showing me they edged someone out.
    20221020_121856 (resized).jpg

#4312 8 days ago
    Quoted from donjagra:

I have already registered the machine with my ic account, I was able to get it working with a dongle from the other machine and played a game with home team. When I plug in the ethernet cable and go to the wired settings, it wants to do a DHCP wired setup. I click setup and it just spins and spins and never connects.

Interesting. The reason I asked is cause I do not have the reader hooked up to my machine so I wanted to double check the menu options when you posted yesterday. Without the reader connected to my machine I was unable to access the Network Settings menu. All I could see was the Status page showing if I had the SD card and Dongle connected, that is until I connected the reader and re-booted. It is possible your home network is not setup for DHCP but that would seem a little bit odd unless you are doing something a little more complex with your home setup.

Hopefully the new dongles get you on your way.

#4313 8 days ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

Here we go. Using your IC login to the website the 007 badges are out!!
    [quoted image]

They aren’t activated in the code that shipped this week, maybe an update is coming soon.

#4314 7 days ago
    Quoted from PinballHaven:

They aren’t activated in the code that shipped this week, maybe an update is coming soon.

Interesting. I know the badge parties are on Dec 3rd. Whatever the date or location I am real excited to pump of cash into a machine and get the new badges.

#4315 7 days ago

In case anyone with IC is having a boot issue, the microSD card for my IC went bad and my game would not boot up. As soon as I removed the IC microSD card, the game booted fine.

#4316 7 days ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

Interesting. I know the badge parties are on Dec 3rd. Whatever the date or location I am real excited to pump of cash into a machine and get the new badges.

I was told our Bond shipped yesterday. If that's the case we should have it in the brewery by late next week.

It's a little bit of a drive from Longmont to Living The Dream Brewery in Littleton.. but.....

I need to follow up on Monday and see about maybe hosting a launch party.

#4317 7 days ago
    Quoted from davegauth:

I was told our Bond shipped yesterday. If that's the case we should have it in the brewery by late next week.
    It's a little bit of a drive from Longmont to Living The Dream Brewery in Littleton.. but.....
    I need to follow up on Monday and see about maybe hosting a launch party.

I’m there and will bring friends!!!! Need any Stern help let me know. Thanks for the update. Hell yeah.

#4318 7 days ago
    Quoted from davegauth:

I need to follow up on Monday and see about maybe hosting a launch party

Better hurry! Looks like the 28th is the deadline…

6B9C2963-A6D7-4631-97C4-3DBDB07F5DBD (resized).png
    #4319 4 days ago

Success! I finally got the correct dongle in the mail and the game is online and ready to play. No QR scanner but home team is enabled and it now tracks achievements. It was a bit of a fiasco, but I'm thrilled I don't have to buy the kit.

IMG_20221128_183516358_HDR.jpg
    #4320 3 days ago

I hit my 120 days in a row badge tomorrow! I see there there are 20 of us past 90 days, excited to see who has more then 120. Anyone watching this thread over 120 consecutive days?

#4321 3 days ago

I have been hoping for the forums to come out soon, I hope they have something for us before the end of the year.

#4322 3 days ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

I have been hoping for the forums to come out soon, I hope they have something for us before the end of the year.

Do you have any idea on how they might generate interest in a forum? The potential number of users on a forum dedicated to IC seems too low to be useful.

#4323 3 days ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Do you have any idea on how they might generate interest in a forum? The potential number of users on a forum dedicated to IC seems too low to be useful.

Might be more than you think. In that forum if they drive people to weekly challenges or that is where users find and virtually play against others I think the traffic would be high. Also if every developer has a direct thread it would be good for everyone.

#4324 3 days ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

I hit my 120 days in a row badge tomorrow! I see there there are 20 of us past 90 days, excited to see who has more then 120. Anyone watching this thread over 120 consecutive days?

I'm at 125.

#4325 3 days ago

I'm at 10 Stern Insider Connected machines on location now as of today.
    I'm quite bullish on this product overall and our patience should pay off for operators.
    Customers dig it that use it and the basic real-time data is good enough to hold me other until the full rollout.

#4326 3 days ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm quite bullish on this product overall and our patience should pay off for operators.
    Customers dig it that use it and the basic real-time data is good enough to hold me other until the full rollout.

I’ve got 6 out on the street and I’m with you, customers are engaging and it will pay dividends in the end. They are addicted to logging in and trying to get on the board

#4327 3 days ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

I was going for records, but they kept resetting after I definitely played. I'm back up to 40 as of today, it seems to be working. There has been weeks that have passed where I haven't played a game. Keeping the streak going forces me to get up and play at least one game. That typically turns into a few games am I'm never mad that I played Pinball instead of wasting time on Youtube or Facebook.

#4328 2 days ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Thanks for having these on location. We are a huge IC family and always appreciate connect machines. Funny thing is we have a few top places but when we go we only play IC connected pins. We actually drive to another state to play because they have 12. Local they have 50 pins but only 3 connected. No thanks.

#4329 2 days ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I was going for records, but they kept resetting after I definitely played. I'm back up to 40 as of today, it seems to be working. There has been weeks that have passed where I haven't played a game. Keeping the streak going forces me to get up and play at least one game. That typically turns into a few games am I'm never mad that I played Pinball instead of wasting time on Youtube or Facebook.

Yeah the records are def working better now. Back on my day 40ish I had to call them and they fixed a data issue on their end.

#4330 2 days ago

Awesome! PM me your IC name, I like connecting with others on the streak~

#4331 2 days ago
    Quoted from TroyS:

I've followed this thread. It's the only one I know where IC discussion is taking place and felt location discussions were prevailing.

I'm at 97 and faltered through the resets of early days. Back then, I contacted Stern Support about the daily count reset and provided screen shots of my activity. When they updated IC some of the lost days were recovered and things have moved forward nicely. It's pretty cool, keeps me on my toes.

#4332 2 days ago
    Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I've followed this thread. It's the only one I know where IC discussion is taking place and felt location discussions were prevailing.
    I'm at 97 and faltered through the resets of early days. Back then, I contacted Stern Support about the daily count reset and provided screen shots of my activity. When they updated IC some of the lost days were recovered and things have moved forward nicely. It's pretty cool, keeps me on my toes.

Could not agree more. When they corrected their issues I too got my days back. Love seeing others out there with the IC passion.

There are 4,332 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 87.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!