B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 124.
#4301 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

You guys are awesome! Looks like I have a project over the Thanksgiving break. I don't feel like shelling out for a full kit at the moment.
$25 at Office Depot, curbside later this morning.
Update: this dongle isn't being recognized by the game. Do I need a specific USB wifi?

If you go back through this thread, you will find links to which dongle to buy. Dongle must be compatible with the software already loaded in the CPU.

#4302 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

You guys are awesome! Looks like I have a project over the Thanksgiving break. I don't feel like shelling out for a full kit at the moment.
$25 at Office Depot, curbside later this morning.
Update: this dongle isn't being recognized by the game. Do I need a specific USB wifi?

This is a good choice: https://a.co/d/08W9j6A

#4303 1 year ago

Anyone else out there travel to find and play just IC games?? Our family just loves it and been badge chasing for some time now.

#4304 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Anyone else out there travel to find and play just IC games?? Our family just loves it and been badge chasing for some time now.

I’m fortunate enough to have multiple locations with IC connected games. I’m addicted enough to the achievements to re-earn achievements I already have at home with the verified achievements at IC-verified locations.

#4305 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I’m fortunate enough to have multiple locations with IC connected games. I’m addicted enough to the achievements to re-earn achievements I already have at home with the verified achievements at IC-verified locations.

Yes! We are the same and all the local ones we go and get verified as well. Glad to meet other IC focused players.

#4306 1 year ago

I appreciate the link for the dongle, I have ordered one that was recommended. I did try plugging an Ethernet cable in, but none of my games would recognize the wired connection either. It's been a very frustrating process so far.

#4307 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I appreciate the link for the dongle, I have ordered one that was recommended. I did try plugging an Ethernet cable in, but none of my games would recognize the wired connection either. It's been a very frustrating process so far.

Did you go into the settings to set it to Wired? When I was having wifi problems I resorted to ethernet as well and had no problems once I set it up in the menu. Also, did you connect your home network's ethernet to the port on the top of your motherboard in the head? That is the correct port to hook into vs one of the ones on the bottom of the motherboard.

It sounds like you are trying to use 1 reader/kit and additional SD cards and dongles for the other machines, which is totally fine. However, one requirement when setting up the other machines is that the reader is attached to the machine you are trying to connect to IC. With the reader installed, when you go to the Net service menu you should see a bunch of options, one of which will be Setup Connection. From here you can choose wither Wired or Wireless.

If you do not want to physically move the apron, just run a long ethernet cable between it and an open ethernet port on the game you are configuring. Once setup you never need to use the reader again if all you want to do is use Hometeam.

#4308 1 year ago

Here we go. Using your IC login to the website the 007 badges are out!!

CA97BB7B-37DD-4F50-87B6-9CB1EDC5CD89 (resized).jpegCA97BB7B-37DD-4F50-87B6-9CB1EDC5CD89 (resized).jpeg
#4309 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

As a follow up for operator looking to install Leaderboards on location.
Summary first: I'm going with Option 1 below. I like the idea of making additional signage/advertising that can be rotated on the display. Different leaderboards can also be rotated on the display. Being able to turn on and off wby themselves is also a big plus. One twist I will try is to use an HDMI splitter so 1 account can run 2 displays. I'll grab a couple of TV's on Prime day too...
Option 1 - Setup a Leader Board using Yodek (Sign Service, using Rasberry Pi) - 1 free Screen, Can get a Rasberry Pi included with yearly subscription, can turn Tv on and off at set times. Because it is a signage service, you can do a ton more than just.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Yodeck-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
Option 2 - Using Android TV This link shows how to use the ONN stick or box connected to your TV. I do not know if this can turn on and off your TV, or if the APP will automatically launch on start up.
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Quick-Start-Android-TV-Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf
Option 3 - Just use a Smart TV and use the/a web browser app in it to display the website. This works, as I tried it on my home TV - but it's cumbersome as you will need to turn the TV on and navigate to the Browser APP every time you turn it on.
Option 4 - Use a Fire TV stick or a Tv running Fire TV and download the Simple Tv Display app($20). This is supposed to automatically boot and default to the web page. Not sure if the Fire Tv's cna be set to turn on and off by themselves at set times though. A big consideration is Amazon prime day is just a week away and all the Amazon Fire TV devices and Tv's will probably be available for a big discount.

Regarding option 4.

This will work better than I expected. That app will self boot after a startup or power cycle. If you put your monitor/TV on a timer this can be a complete package on location.

Also do not put auto scaling as a default setting on the app. On my TV it cut off names and scores.

This really is the easiest low cost method I've found for operators on location at this point. Any other ops out there that want to share any tips or strategies with leaderboards, please post them up.

#4310 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Did you go into the settings to set it to Wired? When I was having wifi problems I resorted to ethernet as well and had no problems once I set it up in the menu. Also, did you connect your home network's ethernet to the port on the top of your motherboard in the head? That is the correct port to hook into vs one of the ones on the bottom of the motherboard.
It sounds like you are trying to use 1 reader/kit and additional SD cards and dongles for the other machines, which is totally fine. However, one requirement when setting up the other machines is that the reader is attached to the machine you are trying to connect to IC. With the reader installed, when you go to the Net service menu you should see a bunch of options, one of which will be Setup Connection. From here you can choose wither Wired or Wireless.
If you do not want to physically move the apron, just run a long ethernet cable between it and an open ethernet port on the game you are configuring. Once setup you never need to use the reader again if all you want to do is use Hometeam.

I have already registered the machine with my ic account, I was able to get it working with a dongle from the other machine and played a game with home team. When I plug in the ethernet cable and go to the wired settings, it wants to do a DHCP wired setup. I click setup and it just spins and spins and never connects.

If the dongle I ordered is compatible, then I'll be all set when it gets here.

IMG_20221123_091919714_HDR.jpgIMG_20221123_091919714_HDR.jpg
#4311 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Regarding option 4.
This will work better than I expected. That app will self boot after a startup or power cycle. If you put your monitor/TV on a timer this can be a complete package on location.
Also do not put auto scaling as a default setting on the app. On my TV it cut off names and scores.
This really is the easiest low cost method I've found for operators on location at this point. Any other ops out there that want to share any tips or strategies with leaderboards, please post them up.

I ended up using Option 1. It works great for the brewery as I can quickly make updates to it remotely.

I didn't think this would be a big deal at first, but in practice it started to show some bennifits.

- Every month I reset the leaderboard and I need to change the URL link to the new link.
- I also show YouTube videos in-between leaderboard showings. (Abeflips tutorials, Bond promo videos etc)
- You can easily create other promo stuff that can be displayed like Tournaments coming up, league night, Happy Hour etc.

These all work pretty seamlessly - you create a playlist with all the items you want to show and then set the amount of seconds you want each piece to display for, then push a button to send it to the player.

My observation - Players really like the leaderboard. I see a bunch of people coming in to try chipping away at top spot. It turned into an easy way to have some passive competition. I get texts from a few people showing me they edged someone out.
20221020_121856 (resized).jpg20221020_121856 (resized).jpg

#4312 1 year ago
Quoted from donjagra:

I have already registered the machine with my ic account, I was able to get it working with a dongle from the other machine and played a game with home team. When I plug in the ethernet cable and go to the wired settings, it wants to do a DHCP wired setup. I click setup and it just spins and spins and never connects.

Interesting. The reason I asked is cause I do not have the reader hooked up to my machine so I wanted to double check the menu options when you posted yesterday. Without the reader connected to my machine I was unable to access the Network Settings menu. All I could see was the Status page showing if I had the SD card and Dongle connected, that is until I connected the reader and re-booted. It is possible your home network is not setup for DHCP but that would seem a little bit odd unless you are doing something a little more complex with your home setup.

Hopefully the new dongles get you on your way.

#4313 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Here we go. Using your IC login to the website the 007 badges are out!!
[quoted image]

They aren’t activated in the code that shipped this week, maybe an update is coming soon.

#4314 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

They aren’t activated in the code that shipped this week, maybe an update is coming soon.

Interesting. I know the badge parties are on Dec 3rd. Whatever the date or location I am real excited to pump of cash into a machine and get the new badges.

#4315 1 year ago

In case anyone with IC is having a boot issue, the microSD card for my IC went bad and my game would not boot up. As soon as I removed the IC microSD card, the game booted fine.

#4316 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Interesting. I know the badge parties are on Dec 3rd. Whatever the date or location I am real excited to pump of cash into a machine and get the new badges.

I was told our Bond shipped yesterday. If that's the case we should have it in the brewery by late next week.

It's a little bit of a drive from Longmont to Living The Dream Brewery in Littleton.. but.....

I need to follow up on Monday and see about maybe hosting a launch party.

#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I was told our Bond shipped yesterday. If that's the case we should have it in the brewery by late next week.
It's a little bit of a drive from Longmont to Living The Dream Brewery in Littleton.. but.....
I need to follow up on Monday and see about maybe hosting a launch party.

I’m there and will bring friends!!!! Need any Stern help let me know. Thanks for the update. Hell yeah.

#4318 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I need to follow up on Monday and see about maybe hosting a launch party

Better hurry! Looks like the 28th is the deadline…

6B9C2963-A6D7-4631-97C4-3DBDB07F5DBD (resized).png6B9C2963-A6D7-4631-97C4-3DBDB07F5DBD (resized).png
#4319 1 year ago

Success! I finally got the correct dongle in the mail and the game is online and ready to play. No QR scanner but home team is enabled and it now tracks achievements. It was a bit of a fiasco, but I'm thrilled I don't have to buy the kit.

IMG_20221128_183516358_HDR.jpgIMG_20221128_183516358_HDR.jpg
#4320 1 year ago

I hit my 120 days in a row badge tomorrow! I see there there are 20 of us past 90 days, excited to see who has more then 120. Anyone watching this thread over 120 consecutive days?

#4321 1 year ago

I have been hoping for the forums to come out soon, I hope they have something for us before the end of the year.

#4322 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I have been hoping for the forums to come out soon, I hope they have something for us before the end of the year.

Do you have any idea on how they might generate interest in a forum? The potential number of users on a forum dedicated to IC seems too low to be useful.

#4323 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Do you have any idea on how they might generate interest in a forum? The potential number of users on a forum dedicated to IC seems too low to be useful.

Might be more than you think. In that forum if they drive people to weekly challenges or that is where users find and virtually play against others I think the traffic would be high. Also if every developer has a direct thread it would be good for everyone.

#4324 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I hit my 120 days in a row badge tomorrow! I see there there are 20 of us past 90 days, excited to see who has more then 120. Anyone watching this thread over 120 consecutive days?

I'm at 125.

#4325 1 year ago

I'm at 10 Stern Insider Connected machines on location now as of today.
I'm quite bullish on this product overall and our patience should pay off for operators.
Customers dig it that use it and the basic real-time data is good enough to hold me other until the full rollout.

#4326 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I'm quite bullish on this product overall and our patience should pay off for operators.
Customers dig it that use it and the basic real-time data is good enough to hold me other until the full rollout.

I’ve got 6 out on the street and I’m with you, customers are engaging and it will pay dividends in the end. They are addicted to logging in and trying to get on the board

#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I was going for records, but they kept resetting after I definitely played. I'm back up to 40 as of today, it seems to be working. There has been weeks that have passed where I haven't played a game. Keeping the streak going forces me to get up and play at least one game. That typically turns into a few games am I'm never mad that I played Pinball instead of wasting time on Youtube or Facebook.

#4328 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Thanks for having these on location. We are a huge IC family and always appreciate connect machines. Funny thing is we have a few top places but when we go we only play IC connected pins. We actually drive to another state to play because they have 12. Local they have 50 pins but only 3 connected. No thanks.

#4329 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was going for records, but they kept resetting after I definitely played. I'm back up to 40 as of today, it seems to be working. There has been weeks that have passed where I haven't played a game. Keeping the streak going forces me to get up and play at least one game. That typically turns into a few games am I'm never mad that I played Pinball instead of wasting time on Youtube or Facebook.

Yeah the records are def working better now. Back on my day 40ish I had to call them and they fixed a data issue on their end.

#4330 1 year ago

Awesome! PM me your IC name, I like connecting with others on the streak~

#4331 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

I've followed this thread. It's the only one I know where IC discussion is taking place and felt location discussions were prevailing.

I'm at 97 and faltered through the resets of early days. Back then, I contacted Stern Support about the daily count reset and provided screen shots of my activity. When they updated IC some of the lost days were recovered and things have moved forward nicely. It's pretty cool, keeps me on my toes.

#4332 1 year ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I've followed this thread. It's the only one I know where IC discussion is taking place and felt location discussions were prevailing.
I'm at 97 and faltered through the resets of early days. Back then, I contacted Stern Support about the daily count reset and provided screen shots of my activity. When they updated IC some of the lost days were recovered and things have moved forward nicely. It's pretty cool, keeps me on my toes.

Could not agree more. When they corrected their issues I too got my days back. Love seeing others out there with the IC passion.

#4333 1 year ago

007 event badges coming next week, who’s excited??

Wish they had a function where I can compete against other home users. Soon!

#4334 1 year ago

Didn’t have the option to wall mount the monitor at my second location so I found a grommet mount monitor rig and mounted to the top of the game in the back box hole. Worked perfectly

861F3CEC-A255-46A1-9F3E-204AAA3E797E (resized).jpeg861F3CEC-A255-46A1-9F3E-204AAA3E797E (resized).jpeg

#4335 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Didn’t have the option to wall mount the monitor at my second location so I found a grommet mount monitor rig and mounted to the top of the game in the back box hole. Worked perfectly
[quoted image]

That is a great setup for sure. Wish home locations could get the leaderboards too.

#4336 1 year ago

Early this morning I saw they did some server work on IC. The app loads way faster now but have not seen anything new. Hoping before the Holidays we get some new features. Thanks Stern!

#4337 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for a cheap Wi-Fi dongle that works for IC…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008IFXQFU

#4338 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

amazon.com link »

Good dela. Thanks for the post.

#4339 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

amazon.com link »

I just installed the same one's Sunday, yes they do work, great.

Aerosmith, Avengers Infinity Quest and Guardians of the Galaxy

#4340 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Yup. Just like was already mentioned a year ago, and several times since: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/44#post-6681716

#4341 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

Yup. Just like was already mentioned a year ago, and several times since: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/44#post-6681716

So is it the only thing that is inflation resistance?

#4342 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

So is it the only thing that is inflation resistance?

Well, there's AriZona's 99 cent can of tea, and Costco's $1.50 hot dog.

Things that had huge markups to start with, or which are loss leaders, they can hold the line on price for a long time. I doubt there's anywhere close to $10 worth of parts in that TP-Link wifi dongle, but even if there was, maybe TP-Link views it as a way to boost sales of their other networking products.

#4343 1 year ago

So ready for some new IC functionality. Stern for Christmas I want the ability to challenge other home users.

#4344 1 year ago

Home leaderboards is what I’m hoping for

#4345 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Home leaderboards is what I’m hoping for

I would love to this as well! This would be an easy dev fix as all the code is there. Also I can’t see how this takes away from locations. A total win-win.

#4346 1 year ago

My insider pro account seems to be having some issues - can not see my machines or locations on the pro tab. Probably temporary, but just a heads up incase others are having issues right now.

#4347 1 year ago

So having an issue with my IC on jurassic park. Its worked fine since i installed it months ago. Now suddenly it blinks on when starting the machine. Then a few seconds later you can see it flicker for about 5–10 seconds. Then it just goes out.

If i keep my qr code in front of it itll register after a while with the sound, but will not put my initials in.

When i open coin door the module is blinking like its working. And the network part of it works fine.

Anyone have similar? Any fixes?

#4348 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

My insider pro account seems to be having some issues - can not see my machines or locations on the pro tab. Probably temporary, but just a heads up incase others are having issues right now.

Same, all day today. There was a planned outage last night I think?

#4349 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

Quoted from PinballHaven:

Same, all day today. There was a planned outage last night I think?

Same here, and I don't know if it is related but one of my locations all of the machines went offline and wouldn't reconnect until I went into the settings and did a new setup for wifi. Very odd. Didn't have time to check other locations.

#4350 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Same here, and I don't know if it is related but one of my locations all of the machines went offline and wouldn't reconnect until I went into the settings and did a new setup for wifi. Very odd. Didn't have time to check other locations.

Glad I'm not the only one having issues with IC today. Went to a properly connected location and it logged me in after a very long delay (like 30+ seconds) when its usually instantaneous. It recorded my scores while I was playing on the website, but no achievements that should've been earned.

I guess there are some issues with the maintenance that happened today.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Island, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,100 (OBO)
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.