B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 124.
#4101 1 year ago
Quoted from maroot:

I just recently upgraded my Deadpool Premium with IC. Went smooth, but occasionally it doesn’t seem to connect right away after booting it up.

I have this issue with my AIQ and it's hardwired. My Rush always connects to IC much faster than AIQ for some reason. Not sure if there a difference between the game coming with it versus adding it separately.

#4102 1 year ago

As a home user, with young grandchildren, it would be helpful if we could create multiple identities on a single home account. This way, my grown children could create accounts for themselves, and their kids, my grandsons, could “piggyback” on their parents accounts. These young kids do not have phones or have their own email addresses but would like to be part of the “home team”. It seems like this would be a great way for Stern to “grow the base” of future pinball players/owners,

#4103 1 year ago
Quoted from Nameim:

As a home user, with young grandchildren, it would be helpful if we could create multiple identities on a single home account. This way, my grown children could create accounts for themselves, and their kids, my grandsons, could “piggyback” on their parents accounts. These young kids do not have phones or have their own email addresses but would like to be part of the “home team”. It seems like this would be a great way for Stern to “grow the base” of future pinball players/owners,

You can add them to the home team very easily without them having a phone. Just create their account for them and add them to your home team, and then they can just select themselves in the game.

#4104 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

You can add them to the home team very easily without them having a phone. Just create their account for them and add them to your home team, and then they can just select themselves in the game.

I believe you're overlooking the whole point of their suggestion. You say "Just create their account for them", but that's exactly what they want to avoid. And IMHO for good reason.

#4105 1 year ago

Today after a short IC outage, when you know they are releasing changes, we got new badges called events. Sure not we are standing by to hear more about this. I bet they are getting the badge ready for Expo 22!!! See you there.

50507CA5-9094-4BFB-BA1E-BFE85F3DEC83 (resized).jpeg50507CA5-9094-4BFB-BA1E-BFE85F3DEC83 (resized).jpeg
#4106 1 year ago
Quoted from pete_d:

I believe you're overlooking the whole point of their suggestion. You say "Just create their account for them", but that's exactly what they want to avoid. And IMHO for good reason.

What reason is that? If you are creating accounts that have no actual interaction with the kids - who cares.

The poster mentions creating 'feeder' activity... just create an account for them using an email alias and add them to home-team if you want their process/stats recorded separately. Then when the kids grow up, they take ownership of the account. No fancy voodoo required.

#4107 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What reason is that? If you are creating accounts that have no actual interaction with the kids - who cares.
The poster mentions creating 'feeder' activity... just create an account for them using an email alias and add them to home-team if you want their process/stats recorded separately. Then when the kids grow up, they take ownership of the account. No fancy voodoo required.

Exactly and kids these days want to compete for badges against each other.

#4108 1 year ago
Quoted from Nameim:

If you want them tracked separately - just give them their own account.
If you want them usable without a device - just put them on home-team or print out the QR codes of the accounts to use.

There is no exposure to them having an account if you literally just have them never log into it.

Stern faces a whole new set of requirements when you start targeting children specifically online.

#4109 1 year ago

You can make them email accounts they dont even have to know about and just print the QR codes. Make them little badges they'll love it.

#4110 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

But they won't even know about the badges they have, if they aren't looking at their (non existent?) account, on some sort of computer or mobile device.

It sounds like what you are asking for just kind of doesn't make any sense in a real world scenario.

#4111 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

It sounds like what you are asking for just kind of doesn't make any sense in a real world scenario.

Kids that are interested in pinball also seems a little far fetched

#4112 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

But they won't even know about the badges they have, if they aren't looking at their (non existent?) account, on some sort of computer or mobile device.

They can see badges by having the accounts share their stats with someone you DO trust to have an account.

A real request would be to have Stern enable a public profile that users could enable that would show achievements, etc. This would solve your problem and is far more achievable and usable then the idea of having accounts that aren't really accounts.. but have account things... and maybe promote to real accounts later.

#4113 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They can see badges by having the accounts share their stats with someone you DO trust to have an account.

And what do you think they will have to use in order to view those stats?

#4114 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Kids that are interested in pinball also seems a little far fetched

I am talking about having these sub accounts for home use only.

You are looking to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. The problem has already been solved two fold by Nintendo, Sony, and Xbox with their consoles and online platforms, and every one requires an account.

I made an account for my son on his Switch. He's 7 and doesn't know that the account is even tied to an email. He's setup as a child account on our family plan but he has a "real" account.

You could so easily just do this and your problem is solved, but for some reason you are choosing not to because you want some alternative solution that just doesn't make sense, especially since the problem is already solved.

Multiple people in this thread have given you some great suggestions on how to do this.

Once they are the Home Team, regardless how they get there, all they have to do is hold the left flipper and select their profile.

#4115 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Reminds me of my wife - she could care less about this sort of stuff. Could care less even more when we went to an arcade w/some IC pins. Zero interest.

But...then we got GZ, she signed up for IC and she's all on board now. But it's more about kicking my arse than anything else. But she ques up IC on location now w/o exception.

#4116 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

And what do you think they will have to use in order to view those stats?

Uhh... the fact someone needs a computing device and logins to see any stats isn't going to be solved by having secondary accounts.

So like I said (and you quoted) "someone you DO trust to have an account." who obviously logs in and shows them the stats.

If you don't trust them to have logins.. and you don't trust them to use computing devices... what is your solution to have these child accounts see everything?

#4117 1 year ago

FYI, while you are playing if you hold the flippers and then start cycling through screens it will show you all of the achievements you have earned and the ones you are yet to earn.

Not as easy as looking at it on a computer which can show you all of your achievements for all games you have played, but here is a way a child could review their achievements directly from the machine itself.

#4118 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Uhh... the fact someone needs a computing device and logins to see any stats isn't going to be solved by having secondary accounts.
So like I said (and you quoted) "someone you DO trust to have an account." who obviously logs in and shows them the stats.
If you don't trust them to have logins.. and you don't trust them to use computing devices... what is your solution to have these child accounts see everything?

I know. My point was he doesn’t want them to have a device yet he wants them to be able to view and share stats. And that isn’t possible.

#4119 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

FYI, while you are playing if you hold the flippers and then start cycling through screens it will show you all of the achievements you have earned and the ones you are yet to earn.
Not as easy as looking at it on a computer which can show you all of your achievements for all games you have played, but here is a way a child could review their achievements directly from the machine itself.

Thanks I was not even aware of that.

#4120 1 year ago

Maybe they want the kids to create the account with the pinball machine? Sounds fun with just the flipper buttons and middle button.

They are releasing an app at some point, in theory they could create easier interfaces that open up a world of possibilities. In... theory... if you still have faith that it won't just be the same setup, just, slightly easier to get to.

#4121 1 year ago

After todays update all my IC machines lost the icons. Anyone else?

13518794-B7C5-495C-B846-76A30413ADEA (resized).jpeg13518794-B7C5-495C-B846-76A30413ADEA (resized).jpeg
#4122 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

After todays update all my IC machines lost the icons. Anyone else?[quoted image]

Mine were showing the little fire ghost guy too, what is that thing supposed to be anyways?

#4123 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Mine were showing the little fire ghost guy too, what is that thing supposed to be anyways?

Lol not sure but it’s not a war hammer!

#4124 1 year ago

Yep same thing - little fire ghost guy too. Weird, logging into the website, my usual icon was still there, it was just on the game.

#4125 1 year ago

They did a few updates today and sure the icons for logged in games slipped QA. But the good news now they are ready for event badges.

#4126 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

My selected icon's gone on my pin now too. But it's still showing in my IC website account.

#4127 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

I am talking about having these sub accounts for home use only.
You are looking to solve a problem that doesn't really exist. The problem has already been solved two fold by Nintendo, Sony, and Xbox with their consoles and online platforms, and every one requires an account.
I made an account for my son on his Switch. He's 7 and doesn't know that the account is even tied to an email. He's setup as a child account on our family plan but he has a "real" account.
You could so easily just do this and your problem is solved, but for some reason you are choosing not to because you want some alternative solution that just doesn't make sense, especially since the problem is already solved.
Multiple people in this thread have given you some great suggestions on how to do this.
Once they are the Home Team, regardless how they get there, all they have to do is hold the left flipper and select their profile.

Well, using an email based account for a child is slightly problematic in countries where in theory, you can't create an email for account for anyone below a certain age. For example, can't create an account for anyone below 15 in France on Google (and I believe it's actually a legal requirement)

You can cheat, sure, and setup a false birth date, but then it introduces a whole set of new issues, specifically:
- You can't change the birth date of said account afterward. So you have to create a very specific account just for the purpose of cheating the birth date.
- At the majority date, Google will enable full access to their services. Since you cheated on the birth date, well... This means that your 10y old now have full Google access. Not good IMO

Nintendo solved it by creating a child account notion, as you point out, but it does not have to be tied to a dedicated email. It is controlled by a specific guardian account. They can from their app see their own achievements/etc, but these accounts are limited

So in my opinion the request is very valid, at least until there is a notion of a worldwide "legal identify e-card" which could be used to create account (and restrict/enable services per local government regulations). Email definitely is not such an identity e-card.

#4128 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well, using an email based account for a child is slightly problematic in countries where in theory, you can't create an email for account for anyone below a certain age. For example, can't create an account for anyone below 15 in France on Google (and I believe it's actually a legal requirement)
You can cheat, sure, and setup a false birth date, but then it introduces a whole set of new issues, specifically:
- You can't change the birth date of said account afterward. So you have to create a very specific account just for the purpose of cheating the birth date.
- At the majority date, Google will enable full access to their services. Since you cheated on the birth date, well... This means that your 10y old now have full Google access. Not good IMO
Nintendo solved it by creating a child account notion, as you point out, but it does not have to be tied to a dedicated email. It is controlled by a specific guardian account. They can from their app see their own achievements/etc, but these accounts are limited
So in my opinion the request is very valid, at least until there is a notion of a worldwide "legal identify e-card" which could be used to create account (and restrict/enable services per local government regulations). Email definitely is not such an identity e-card.

Use the gmail dot trick with your own gmail account.

#4129 1 year ago

As with others, my icons are reset on my machine. What's more interesting is that my streak progress seems to have been borked!

I got the 30 day streak badge on October 2nd, but as of this morning (twelve days later), the progress section shows my streak progress as 23 days. If it was a full "reset", my streak should be 12 days - what little of my activity is available is correct (I can only see back to the 6th) so I'm hoping this is just a math error and the stats on the back end are accurate. I didn't seem to lose any actual achievements though, so that's good.

On the other hand, if my streak was lost..... "oh no I have to play more pinball to restart that badge - the horror!"

#4130 1 year ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Use the gmail dot trick with your own gmail account.

or the + trick. [email protected]

#4131 1 year ago

Our operator account is failing log-in with "please enter a valid email address" today from our custom domain, my personal IC login from yahoo works fine. Anyone else getting an invalid email error at the front door today?

#4132 1 year ago

Achievements are pretty buggy/inconsistent, at least on Godzilla. I rarely care or remember to login, but I did last night. Had a 4 bil game where I was a few shots from Planet X, so naturally I racked up a lot of achievements. Went to check this morning and several things I definitely completed aren't achieved.

The most glaring contradiction is that I have the badge for an imposter battle, yet I have zero of them lifetime for the collect 10, 20, 30 badges.

Here's a list of everything I know I did, but wasn't achieved:
- Dominate Titanosaurus - Defeat Titanosaurus in one attempt
- Dominate Gigan - Defeat Gigan in one attempt
- Destroy Tokyo (c'mon Stern it's the first city!)
- City Control - Godzilla controls a single city (again, c'mon)
- City Conqueror - Godzilla controls two cities
- Slight Carnage - Collect a Carnage Bonus of 50 Million+
- Massive Carnage - Collect a Carnage Bonus of 100 Million+
- Powered Up Godzilla - Build up 25 total Godzilla Powerup energy in one game
- Start Terror of Mechagodzilla mini wizard mode
- Start Monster Zero mini wizard mode

These two I'm not 100% sure because I had the DJ up to 9x and collected most along the way. I know I collected multiple at 9x, so at the very least these are kinda lame if you have to collect exactly 3x and 8x, not above.
- 3X Destruction - Build Destruction Jackpot to 3X and collect it
- 8X Destruction - Build Destruction Jackpot to 8X and collect it

Added 17 months ago:

Oops, game I played wasn't updated.

#4133 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Nice! I didn't know about this. Will definitely use this feature, especially on locations to see what achievements I still need. I have a screenshot on my phone of QR, so with this I don't even need to log into site at all to see what achievements to go for.

I've always thought it would be nice to see the achievement list on the actual machine itself. Turns out it was there all along (unless it was only recently added to code), if I used instant info more I would have already known about it.

#4134 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Quoted from tilt-master:

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Yep same thing - little fire ghost guy too. Weird, logging into the website, my usual icon was still there, it was just on the game.

Quoted from SonicZone:

My selected icon's gone on my pin now too. But it's still showing in my IC website account.

Icons appear to be restored within the machines now. (Saw this both at home & on location today.)

#4135 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Nintendo is a global company with kids as one of their primary markets. They have the resources to setup, test and implement special sub-accounts, notions, whatever for them. Stern, not so much. I'd rather they spend the time on things like the leaderboard, set it up for home use, add more operator features, tournament integration, etc.

#4136 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Nintendo is a global company with kids as one of their primary markets. They have the resources to setup, test and implement special sub-accounts, notions, whatever for them. Stern, not so much. I'd rather they spend the time on things like the leaderboard, set it up for home use, add more operator features, tournament integration, etc.

I can't follow my 10 year old and only his initials show up on screen, not even his online name. Even on location on there leader boards locally and the stern global events. I assume that is by design because he is a child and Stern has some of those protections in place currently.

#4137 1 year ago

I searched the thread for multiple locations, 2nd location, etc…nothing came back that answered my question. As a non operator, when I set up my IC game room, it is tied to a physical address. However I have pins at two personal addresses, a home and a cabin.

I just added a new IC game to my collection, but I can only add it to my existing game room, which is not the physical location of the new game.

Can I as a paying, but non-operator IC member, establish more than one game room? Or am I limited to a ‘virtual game room’ rooted to a physical address where not all the games are physically located. Specifically, I would have a Rush and AIQ at one physical location and a LZ and Star Wars at a second physical location. All IC connected.

Can I have 2 game rooms, or only one?

#4138 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I searched the thread for multiple locations, 2nd location, etc…nothing came back that answered my question. As a non operator, when I set up my IC game room, it is tied to a physical address. However I have pins at two personal addresses, a home and a cabin.
I just added a new IC game to my collection, but I can only add it to my existing game room, which is not the physical location of the new game.
Can I as a paying, but non-operator IC member, establish more than one game room? Or am I limited to a ‘virtual game room’ rooted to a physical address where not all the games are physically located. Specifically, I would have a Rush and AIQ at one physical location and a LZ and Star Wars at a second physical location. All IC connected.
Can I have 2 game rooms, or only one?

One - but There really is no difference these days about it that would impact you.

#4139 1 year ago

Hi,

I have a problem with my Rush Insider Connected Kit. It works by Wifi without any Problems. But i want connect the Pin by a wired connection. So if I go in the Menue and start the Auto connection by wire, the Pin is searching, an nothing else happens. It ist not possible to connect the Rush LE by wire. If I connect the same Internet cable to the Stranger Things LE, the Pins works fine by a wired connection. Has anybody else this problem? Can this be a Software problem? I use the 1.00 Code. I think it is the actually code. Thanks for some Infos.

#4140 1 year ago
Quoted from Ambido:

Hi,
I have a problem with my Rush Insider Connected Kit. It works by Wifi without any Problems. But i want connect the Pin by a wired connection. So if I go in the Menue and start the Auto connection by wire, the Pin is searching, an nothing else happens. It ist not possible to connect the Rush LE by wire. If I connect the same Internet cable to the Stranger Things LE, the Pins works fine by a wired connection. Has anybody else this problem? Can this be a Software problem? I use the 1.00 Code. I think it is the actually code. Thanks for some Infos.

My Rush LE works fine hardwired to the port in the backbox. And it connects fast, compared to my AIQ LE which takes awhile to connect (with the Stern IC kit) for some reason.

#4141 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

My Rush LE works fine hardwired to the port in the backbox. And it connects fast, compared to my AIQ LE which takes awhile to connect (with the Stern IC kit) for some reason.

Thanks for your reply,

I found the mistake. My MPU Board have an error. So I put the same board from the Avengers LE in my Rush LE and the connection hardwired works fine. I called today my distributor, and he will change the Board.

#4142 1 year ago

I like the jukebox feature on all the Spike 2 games. Not specifically related to IC though.

Hold both flippers before starting a game to bring up the menu for standard, Competition, wizard modes, DJ Mixer.

#4143 1 year ago

Did you see George Gomez mention on the 007 stream tonight that one of the main reasons for no home leader boards is that operators want this to be exclusive to location play? I am not sure I buy this excuse. I think Stern want to differentiate home and location accounts so that can justify charging pro accounts in the future.

#4144 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Did you see George Gomez mention on the 007 stream tonight that one of the main reasons for no home leader boards is that operators want this to be exclusive to location play? I am not sure I buy this excuse. I think Stern want to differentiate home and location accounts so that can justify charging pro accounts in the future.

If’s that’s the case it’s a let down. For those home users with multiple games and across the board investment of IC on each it sucks. Not sure this would detract from the operator experience as no one but friends at home enjoy this. If anything it would drive more people to check out leaderboards on location. In my area only one place has done a public board and 90% of the time the screen is off.

#4145 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I think Stern want to differentiate home and location accounts so that can justify charging pro accounts in the future.

like golden tee
Home users flat fee per year maybe per machine.
operator accounts per game played cut

#4146 1 year ago

Do you think the app will be released before the 1 year anniversary of this product?

#4147 1 year ago

One thing that would be great and drive location play, at least it would for me, is for the stern site to show which machines are currently connected to insider connect. My wife and I will use sterns site to see which locations have connected machines near us. And more than once we've been burned that a location didn't have a machine that sterns site said it did. Or that a machine is down or not connected at the moment. I'd love to know which machines are currently active and connected to IC.

#4148 1 year ago

I was really hoping for a feature release wave push at expo….

#4149 1 year ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

One thing that would be great and drive location play, at least it would for me, is for the stern site to show which machines are currently connected to insider connect. My wife and I will use sterns site to see which locations have connected machines near us. And more than once we've been burned that a location didn't have a machine that sterns site said it did. Or that a machine is down or not connected at the moment. I'd love to know which machines are currently active and connected to IC.

At the expo that was asked and they said it has been discussed. No word on when but it’s coming.

#4150 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Bullshit excuse. They better have home leaderboards avail down the road.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,100 (OBO)
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.