IMG_1108 (resized).png
IMG_2873 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0596 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2867 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_1315 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240215-235732 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 120.
#3951 1 year ago

Might be worth a new sdcard - failing that try swapping the usb wifi dongle?

#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I took delivery of GZ Premium yesterday, my second machine with Insider Connected. The first machine connected immediately and has been trouble free since then, but I’m having issues with GZ despite it being in the same room and connected to the same AP.
I managed to get it connected to the AP when I set it up yesterday, and scanned my insider QR code to link it to my account. I logged in and completed the registration and it’s now showing on my profile. However, the game now reports that it’s unable to connect to Insider Connected, and when I test the connection I get a result for CDN speed test, but server loopback reports no connection. It also thought I was up to date on code 0.97 when 0.98 is available.
I’ve reset the Wi-Fi dongle and connected to the AP again using the QR code generated by the other machine which is connected to Insider, checked the time on the game is correct, and updated to 0.98 via USB and I’m still having the exact same issues. Does anyone have any suggestions re how I troubleshoot?

I got a GZ Premium in early August and it's the on IC machine I have.

I ended up buying a wifi dongle and microSD card for my JP, hooked the scanner to it to setup home team, then removed the scanner. So now it works with home team no problem.

I was getting much better network connections with JP and the MicroCenter dongle than I was with the one Stern provided for GZ. Someone pointed me to a USB extension cable and I got one and my wifi dongle now is just dangling out on top of my GZ machine. But since it's not in that metal box, it seems to be getting better connections now. Maybe try that? I'm guessing the wifi dongle Stern puts in there just isn't the greatest, at least not in my experience.

#3953 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I took delivery of GZ Premium yesterday, my second machine with Insider Connected. The first machine connected immediately and has been trouble free since then, but I’m having issues with GZ despite it being in the same room and connected to the same AP.
I managed to get it connected to the AP when I set it up yesterday, and scanned my insider QR code to link it to my account. I logged in and completed the registration and it’s now showing on my profile. However, the game now reports that it’s unable to connect to Insider Connected, and when I test the connection I get a result for CDN speed test, but server loopback reports no connection. It also thought I was up to date on code 0.97 when 0.98 is available.
I’ve reset the Wi-Fi dongle and connected to the AP again using the QR code generated by the other machine which is connected to Insider, checked the time on the game is correct, and updated to 0.98 via USB and I’m still having the exact same issues. Does anyone have any suggestions re how I troubleshoot?

Don't get .98. The latest code on all LCD games is causing reboots.

#3954 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

Did you make that Achievements topper? It looks great! Great call to action with the leaderboard displayed right beside it.

Edit: It looks like this may be newer promo stuff sent to Operators. I just saw photos of someone's NIB with an Achieve flyer sitting on the glass.

#3955 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Might be worth a new sdcard - failing that try swapping the usb wifi dongle?

Quoted from purbeast:

I got a GZ Premium in early August and it's the on IC machine I have.
I ended up buying a wifi dongle and microSD card for my JP, hooked the scanner to it to setup home team, then removed the scanner. So now it works with home team no problem.
I was getting much better network connections with JP and the MicroCenter dongle than I was with the one Stern provided for GZ. Someone pointed me to a USB extension cable and I got one and my wifi dongle now is just dangling out on top of my GZ machine. But since it's not in that metal box, it seems to be getting better connections now. Maybe try that? I'm guessing the wifi dongle Stern puts in there just isn't the greatest, at least not in my experience.

The game is only a couple of feet from the AP. Closer than my Deadpool Premium that connects fine. The signal strength reports as good, the speed test is fine, and it managed to connect to IC when I registered the game. I’m willing to try a new Wi-Fi dongle, but I really don’t think that’s the issue - it seems to be an issue connecting to the IC server.

#3956 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Oops. Too late. Can I roll back?

#3957 1 year ago

I don’t think that is quite accurate. I thought it varied by game/model and whether insider connected was on the game or not.

I have a GZ Premium and a JP premium, both with the latest code and have never had a reboot.

#3958 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

I don’t think that is quite accurate. I thought it varied by game/model and whether insider connected was on the game or not.
I have a GZ Premium and a JP premium, both with the latest code and have never had a reboot.

It does have to do with IC for sure. That was the only thing updated in the last code. GZ rebooted and so did Rush during a recent tournament. My own Rush has not rebooted, but is is on far less than a routed game. The tech for the location had just updated all games on the floor and only those 2 are on IC. The owner hasn't bought any retrofit kits for older Sterns yet and none of those had a reboot issue.

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

The game is only a couple of feet from the AP. Closer than my Deadpool Premium that connects fine. The signal strength reports as good, the speed test is fine, and it managed to connect to IC when I registered the game. I’m willing to try a new Wi-Fi dongle, but I really don’t think that’s the issue - it seems to be an issue connecting to the IC server.

the .98 code has been fine for me.

I have a feeling your dongle is on the way out. try it in the other USB port on the board and see if that makes a difference, I've had a few of them just die on me with symptoms not a mile away from yours.

#3960 1 year ago

Game does not need to be on IC to reboot.

We had 5 reboots during league on Sat. Fortunately most of them were during practice or post-league games, or after the game was done. IIRC:

- Beatles not on IC rebooted during a game I was playing

- Beatles also rebooted while someone was paging thru attract just after a game to check scores. After rebooting the prior scores were gone

- Deadpool rebooted after a game while paging thru attract

- BKSOR rebooted just after I started a game post-league

- Not sure on 5th, may have been deadpool again.

Never had a reboot on my GZ Pro on latest code. Are people seeing reboots only in tournament mode, or is regular play also rebooting?

#3961 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Never had a reboot on my GZ Pro on latest code. Are people seeing reboots only in tournament mode, or is regular play also rebooting?

My Deadpool Pro is not IC connected and it rebooted on me last night in attract mode. I have also had it freeze up mid game and reboot once since the latest code 1.07 was released and that was not on Tournament mode.

#3962 1 year ago

Bought a used DP Premium over the weekend. How do I add it to my machines on IC? Still shows it’s in his game room.

#3963 1 year ago

Previous owner need to unregister it I believe.

#3964 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Bought a used DP Premium over the weekend. How do I add it to my machines on IC? Still shows it’s in his game room.

If it's the current Deadpool code (v1.07.0) you can go Service Menu -> NET -> Stern Insider Connected and that screen should have the prompt at the bottom: Press Enter to delete registration. If it doesn't have that, a possibility is to do a manual (USB stick) update to v1.07.0 so you can get/use that registration delete option.

If however you don't want the current code because of its reported reboot issues, then what Bundy said applies -- you'll need to contact the seller & have them go into their IC account and remove the game registration there.

#3965 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have a feeling your dongle is on the way out. try it in the other USB port on the board and see if that makes a difference, I've had a few of them just die on me with symptoms not a mile away from yours.

Cheers, I'll give it a go later.

#3966 1 year ago

I had a couple of resets on DP on the new code, I asked in the DP thread in case it was my machine and not a bug but no one else said they’d had resets but I saw the one at the tournament Tim Sexton was running and now several people in here saying they had DP resets. I think it’d be a good idea for stern to have a list of known bugs, especially game resets, people could be replacing parts for no reason

#3967 1 year ago

No resets for any of my five so far, at least that I know of. I wonder if it's something funky like the network type causing a problem because you'd think it would be somewhat consistent. Perhaps a single one of the brands of cheap wifi dongles.

What are you guys doing with your original metal arches for SW Prem, elvira, etc?

#3968 1 year ago

Thanks guys - appreciate it! He "Unregistered" so I'll give it a try tonight after work. If I remember correctly I have to scan a code in the Service Menu under IC for me to add it to my game room, correct? Then it should walk me through the rest of it?

#3969 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Thanks guys - appreciate it! He "Unregistered" so I'll give it a try tonight after work. If I remember correctly I have to scan a code in the Service Menu under IC for me to add it to my game room, correct? Then it should walk me through the rest of it?

Yep, then you go on the insider website to confirm the game. I think it emails you the link also. Then its there in your account.

#3970 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Switching USB ports did actually work! Thanks for the suggestion. Do you think it’s worth ordering a replacement dongle, and if so, do you have any recommendations?

#3971 1 year ago

It does have to do with IC for sure. That was the only thing updated in the last code. GZ rebooted and so did Rush during a recent tournament. My own Rush has not rebooted, but is is on far less than a routed game. The tech for the location had just updated all games on the floor and only those 2 are on IC. The owner hasn't bought any retrofit kits for older Sterns yet and none of those had a reboot issue.

My Rush is on route and switched on 18 hours a day. It's on the latest code, and have not had any resets. At least none that I'm aware of. Including during league and tourney play.

So, I'm not sure that code version alone is the problem.

#3972 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Switching USB ports did actually work! Thanks for the suggestion. Do you think it’s worth ordering a replacement dongle, and if so, do you have any recommendations?

This is what I put into my AS Pro during the IC install instead of the Stern-supplied one (other Pinsiders are using it as well) -- works perfect, haven't had one connection issue with it:

TP-Link TL-WN725N
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008IFXQFU

Do NOT get the "newer model version" further down the page, that newer one is known to likely not work with IC/Spike 2.

#3974 1 year ago

Funny just catching up on this thread and see this about resets. Been running newest code since day one on Rush Premium, Gz Prem, Mando Prem, and LZ prem with not a single reset. My newest game is Deadpool prem, so I have an absolute ton of plays on it and not a single reset.

#3975 1 year ago

No resets here either on my Rush or AIQ.

#3976 1 year ago

Anyone having trouble with the badges? Specifically the day streak, I've definitely played every day for maybe a week, just looked and it says my streak is 0. I always log in.

#3977 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone having trouble with the badges? Specifically the day streak, I've definitely played every day for maybe a week, just looked and it says my streak is 0. I always log in.

They are frustrating. Stern has programmed the calculation wrong. It is looking for at least one game every 24 hours. the problem is if you play a game at 3pm on day one and 4pm on day two it will reset.

#3978 1 year ago

Did the all access membership have beta code support ? Like to test the new Godzilla code

#3979 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Did the all access membership have beta code support ? Like to test the new Godzilla code

I have never heard of that.

#3980 1 year ago

I attended the ClePin Show this weekend (btw, great show). The number of people logging into Insider Connected was eye-opening. If definitely has caught on in the pin community.

#3981 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I have never heard of that.

That would be a big reason to get a membership

#3982 1 year ago

Just adding my 10pts worth to the recent game reset/reboot issue...and can verify on a non-IC machine I've encountered the reset problem.
Ever since updating Mandalorian (Premium) to the latest (v1.30) a couple of weeks ago, I have been experiencing random resets a number of times every couple of hours.
I don't have IC kit setup as yet, but is on order. I'll connect it up once it arrives, unless there's reason not to?

#3983 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't understand why Stern doesn't do a daily high score like JJP games.

Yes we want that

#3984 1 year ago
Quoted from GlenL:

Just adding my 10pts worth to the recent game reset/reboot issue...and can verify on a non-IC machine I've encountered the reset problem.
Ever since updating Mandalorian (Premium) to the latest (v1.30) a couple of weeks ago, I have been experiencing random resets a number of times every couple of hours.
I don't have IC kit setup as yet, but is on order. I'll connect it up once it arrives, unless there's reason not to?

If you figure out the reboot issue let me know, I have the same thing.

#3985 1 year ago

I installed my insider kit today and it has prompted me with a v1.31 update… working through that now and will play a few games a little later….

#3986 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Working fine here but I play at roughly the same time when I get chance. So it’s likely what was posted below your original message Kev. Not like Stern to over look something so simple

#3987 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

If you figure out the reboot issue let me know, I have the same thing.

All Spike 2 games received updates today and in the patch notes it addresses reset issues apparently.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

All Spike 2 games received updates today and in the patch notes it addresses reset issues apparently.

New code today? Wonder if they patched out the home team work around for IC, worth checking before anyone upgrades.

#3989 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

New code today? Wonder if they patched out the home team work around for IC

Let's hope not. Should be in their interest that as many as possible is using Insider connected.
I will not by kits for all my "old" machines at retail but with this solution I can use IC on all.

#3990 1 year ago

So whose going to be the guinea pig? I guess I could upgrade my Godzilla then see if Hometeam still works with the scanner disconnected....

#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Should be in their interest that as many as possible is using Insider connected.

I heard from someone who shall remain nameless that they are happy with the loophole and have no interest of closing it, since they want as many games online as possible.

#3992 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

they want as many games online as possible...

...so they can start charging subscription fees. Just kidding...kind of.

#3993 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I heard from someone who shall remain nameless that they are happy with the loophole and have no interest of closing it, since they want as many games online as possible.

Via PM? If so I’ve had the same PM won’t say which user it was from but looking at their posts here on Pinside, I’m fairly confident they likely work for Stern.

Says the loop hole was designed as part of IC from the get go and won’t be removed so great news!

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

some times

Quoted from Palmer:

...so they can start charging subscription fees. Just kidding...kind of.

and per game cuts like golden tee

#3996 1 year ago

Even better, would be great if Stern just came out and said it, obviously for locations it’s great to have each game hooked up with a scanner but not so much in the home.

#3997 1 year ago

Home Team now compatible with Coin Play.

But ... "not available for machines registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment"

Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.

#3998 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

So whose going to be the guinea pig? I guess I could upgrade my Godzilla then see if Hometeam still works with the scanner disconnected....

I can confirm insider still works without a scanner when updated by USB or over the network with today's new release. To do the network update you will need to plug a scanner back in though before going into the network options menu.

I would power down the game before installing and remove the network cables if you go that route.

#3999 1 year ago

Yep, Home Team still works without a scanner installed. I just did the update on my Maiden Pro using USB.

#4000 1 year ago
Quoted from barakandl:

To do the network update you will need to plug a scanner back in though before going into the network options menu.

This is another loophole I wish they'd open. No reason I know of why the scanner node board is needed for network code updates. It's just a blanket no-can-do for the entre IC service menu without all three physical components.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 178.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Atlanta Area, GA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Life
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 14.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,969 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.