Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240303-210002 (resized).png
Screenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240303-160259 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240303-160308 (resized).png
IMG_7516 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240302-195526 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 123.
#3351 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think it will be the USB wifi sticks- they seem to be pretty crap.

I went hardwired. I had good signal in the basement for everything but Insider Connect. Wiring it made it a lot better for updates, and everything just works like it should.

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I went hardwired. I had good signal in the basement for everything but Insider Connect. Wiring it made it a lot better for updates, and everything just works like it should.

Ordered a coindoor mount bracket for Elvira and went to install the IC kit i just got. Started doing the job then got stuck. Kit was missing the hardware bag, SD card and wifi dongle. Which sucks as i built up all that ambition to do the job and had to put it back to normal

#3353 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I haven’t been able to log in for over a week. Anyone else with the same issue?
[quoted image]

Same as you. I just dug into it. I run PiHole on my hole network as a DNS sinkhole. If you cant access geolocation.onetrust.com, the page will never load.

Once I whitelisted the domain it loaded just fine.

geolocation (resized).pnggeolocation (resized).png
#3354 1 year ago

Got my display all hooked up. Sorry for the low res picture my phone broke. Pumped to fully utilize the system.

IMG_20220710_135427_215.jpgIMG_20220710_135427_215.jpg
#3355 1 year ago

51EF82EE-1742-4705-B536-DC7CD5DC0578 (resized).jpeg51EF82EE-1742-4705-B536-DC7CD5DC0578 (resized).jpeg

Stern should have had these at launch

#3356 1 year ago

I can’t get the “net” option on the coin door menus after I have installed an insider connected kit in a pro. I’ve done several others successfully a few months ago. Can’t figure out why. Any ideas? Need that Net option to try to connect to wifi etc.

#3357 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Where did those come from?

#3358 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:[quoted image]

Source for those?

#3359 1 year ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I can’t get the “net” option on the coin door menus after I have installed an insider connected kit in a pro. I’ve done several others successfully a few months ago. Can’t figure out why. Any ideas? Need that Net option to try to connect to wifi etc.

Silly me. Old code pre-insider connected. Please ignor.

#3360 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Where did those come from?

From Stern for our location

#3361 1 year ago

*sigh* and I've been waiting for translites / Stern Army tournament prizes for literal months nevermind this new shit for the 5 IC games.

#3362 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

*sigh* and I've been waiting for translites / Stern Army tournament prizes for literal months nevermind this new shit for the 5 IC games.

this came with our recent Stern Army stuff... so you might be getting both shortly.

#3363 1 year ago

I just put four new Stern games in a friends bar and the leaderboard on the tv is definitely creating a competitive but fun vibe.

#3364 1 year ago

I tried to search the thread but couldn't find....what's the algorithm for personal average score for a game? I have 350+ games on my GZ but just a few games can swing the average by quite a bit (10%)

Is it last n games? If so what is n, or something more complicated?

#3365 1 year ago

Hi all - I just moved my Stern Insider reader to the coin door. And now there's a huge hole in the apron! I'm sure someone has come up with an idea for what to do with this. I'm thinking about adding a small LCD which plays Godzilla trailers, but surely there's a sticker or plastic out there I could do in the meantime?

#3366 1 year ago

? Why would you do that?

#3367 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

? Why would you do that?

Which part?

#3368 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hi all - I just moved my Stern Insider reader to the coin door. And now there's a huge hole in the apron! I'm sure someone has come up with an idea for what to do with this. I'm thinking about adding a small LCD which plays Godzilla trailers, but surely there's a sticker or plastic out there I could do in the meantime?

you asked the same question in multiple threads. Here's an example of something you can do.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3369 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

you asked the same question in multiple threads. Here's an example of something you can do.
[quoted image]

Yes thank you, I should have said that I'm aware of those giant apron things. I'm looking for something smaller. I'll just design something and 3D print it.

#3370 1 year ago

Perhaps this never came to fruition but I could have sworn that "alternate art work" was going to be provided for those who didn't want to use IC. Yeah I found it.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-insider-connected/7196

In the section title "The Basics"

Gary Stern’s letter to distributors mentions that alternate art will be available to cover up the scanner if an operator so desires.

So what happened?

#3371 1 year ago

Why would you take the IC out of the apron and mount it in the DBA slot?

#3372 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

2 common reasons I have seen:
* the light from the QR reader and just a general white area down there is distracting
* it takes away from the theme integration of the game vs having consistent art on the apron

I personally don't find the reader distracting while playing, however given the choice I would 100% door mount it and cover the apron with themed art.

#3373 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I personally don't find the reader distracting while playing, however given the choice I would 100% door mount it and cover the apron with themed art.

It was a massive issue for me… until I bought my first game with it and didn’t notice it except at game start.

#3374 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I like it way better; it's occasionally distracting when you're playing, and there's no reason to have it shining up in your face in a home environment. On location, definitely not. It looks pretty good in the DBA slot too. I can also mount the external headphone jack and volume control in the same plate, which is pretty nice.

#3375 1 year ago

What Browser are people using when utilizing a Fire Stick?
I tried Silk and it has formatting issues.

#3376 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Download the app called Simple Tv for firestick. It’s $20 but auto loads to the leaderboard url when the tv and firestick are powered on. Works perfectly

#3377 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

Simple TV Display. Works perfectly.

#3378 1 year ago
Quoted from UnnDunn:

Simple TV Display. Works perfectly.

I know once the Tv turns on it iwll automatically start the SimpleTVDisplay app and go straight to the leaderboard URL.

Will the SimpleTVDisplay app also turn on and off the TV by itself?

#3379 1 year ago

Anybody have any insight on when the Batman 66 retrofit kits will become available?

#3380 1 year ago

Where can I find the original artwork for the triangular inserts on the aprons if I take off insider connected art off?

#3381 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

Where can I find the original artwork for the triangular inserts on the aprons if I take off insider connected art off?

I would ask your dealer/distributor as it sounded at launch like alternate art would be made available, but I cannot recall anyone saying or showing that they have gotten this.

#3382 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

There does not appear to have been a release of this yet. Since Godzilla shipped with IC preinstalled, there may not be any artwork, but I’d expect some at least for Elvira and B66 once that is released.

#3383 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I tried to search the thread but couldn't find....what's the algorithm for personal average score for a game? I have 350+ games on my GZ but just a few games can swing the average by quite a bit (10%)
Is it last n games? If so what is n, or something more complicated?

Any ideas?

#3384 1 year ago
Quoted from davegauth:

I know once the Tv turns on it iwll automatically start the SimpleTVDisplay app and go straight to the leaderboard URL.
Will the SimpleTVDisplay app also turn on and off the TV by itself?

No. You have to turn the TV on and off.

#3385 1 year ago

You can find a TV with an auto on function that turns on when it gets power to the ac plug or an hdmi signal is detected. I had to find them for my golden tee and big buck pedestals on route, but they're getting hard to find.

#3386 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There does not appear to have been a release of this yet. Since Godzilla shipped with IC preinstalled, there may not be any artwork, but I’d expect some at least for Elvira and B66 once that is released.

I'm looking for the right side triangular insert on Avengers Infiniti Quest

#3387 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

Given that the game came out pre IC, and if this is anything like similar comments in the Deadpool thread, the only way you can get that is to buy a complete plastics set which is brutal. Someone in that thread reproduced this art but that seems sketchy with copyright if one ever intended distributing them.

I would encourage anyone looking for a replacement/cover-up to contact their distributor and even Stern to ask them if they intend on making good on what they said they would provide "to cover up the scanner if an operator so desires." as mentioned in the initial rollout. Scroll up a few posts (#3370) and there is a link to a Tilt Forums post that details all of the initial reveal info.

#3388 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

I believe Stern would send you one free, but I can't say 100%. I mean, they are part of the set and they have them, and purposefully left them off the insider games. So, they are there at the factory, unless they tossed them.

#3389 1 year ago

Trying to sign up for a new stern insider connected account, and getting a json token error. Anyone else every see this? Not sure the best way to reach support on this one.

#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I believe Stern would send you one free, but I can't say 100%. I mean, they are part of the set and they have them, and purposefully left them off the insider games. So, they are there at the factory, unless they tossed them.

I tried to get the one for my Beatles and Stern told me to talk to my dealer.

#3391 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Told me the same thing.

#3392 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

You should always go through your distributor. Then they ask for the part. Then you get it.

#3393 1 year ago

Just installed a kit on a friend's HUO Iron Maiden Pro and it went smoothly.
After a few games it locked up and rebooted though.
Anyone else having this problem on any titles?

#3394 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey guys, Anyone know if it’s possible to wipe your achievements on a game to start back at zero?

No just a new account...

#3395 1 year ago

Just played Battle Royal on AIQ with IC and it failed to award the Black Order Battle Royale achievement.

#3396 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

Quoted from Smack:

I would encourage anyone looking for a replacement/cover-up to contact their distributor and even Stern to ask them if they intend on making good on what they said they would provide "to cover up the scanner if an operator so desires." as mentioned in the initial rollout. Scroll up a few posts (#3370) and there is a link to a Tilt Forums post that details all of the initial reveal info.

Same for me, I'm hunting the apron triangle for AIQ since I purchased the game... Contacted Stern, they told me this part was not available anymore and they do not recommend to modify the intended design... Also contacted my distributor and he told me he would try to get the plastic for me...Weeks have passed and nothing...

Funny thing is that my distributor told me they were initially supposed to have the plastics in stock in case someone wanted to remove the QR reader, but they never received anything from Stern.

#3397 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

Same for me, I'm hunting the apron triangle for AIQ since I purchased the game... Contacted Stern, they told me this part was not available anymore and they do not recommend to modify the intended design... Also contacted my distributor and he told me he would try to get the plastic for me...Weeks have passed and nothing...
Funny thing is that my distributor told me they were initially supposed to have the plastics in stock in case someone wanted to remove the QR reader, but they never received anything from Stern.

Sounds like an opportunity for a mod maker to fill the gap in the market…

#3398 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sounds like an opportunity for a mod maker to fill the gap in the market…

Could be a strong market if there’s no big feature add coming. Amazing potential, but the current state is a limp novelty that wears off shortly. I’d rather have artwork if they’re essentially abandoning the concept. Seems kinda baffling to me the web side isn’t more interesting, and still no phone app.

#3399 1 year ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

the current state is a limp novelty that wears off shortly

The achievement system alone makes IC well worth it to me. It brings cumulative performance tracking and something more to try and acheive. I think IC has done a great job in its first year with even more future potential.

#3400 1 year ago

I wish everyone would stop clamoring for an app. Every 'free' app is loaded with nonsense that's constantly tracking everything you do. No thanks. Also, an app means maintaining 2 code bases. If they can't get the the web page functional, which is only a single code base, what makes you think an app is going to be better when they have to do twice the work?
I suspect an app will come, but I really hope that it's not required.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 210.00
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground
Plastics
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
11,100 (OBO)
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
There are 6,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 123.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.