B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 124.
#3151 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

QR was altered in Photoshop. Knock yourself out.

Are you sure? Let me know if you want me to snag you some stranger things achievements.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3152 1 year ago

Same here. Works every time.
[quoted image]

Careful, there will be jerks who use this to mess with your account. Take the glass of and give you a score you can never beat or something lol

EDIT: I see you already addressed this. Doesn't look like you can delete posts so woops!

#3153 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Awesome! Found it there. Wouldn’t have thought to look under Stern events. Thanks!!!

#3154 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Are you sure?[quoted image]

Who 'dat? I added a bunch of extra squares to the QR. I've now thrown a Pixar ball into the mix.

Quoted from Anony:

Careful, there will be jerks who use this to mess with your account.

Which goes to show you that it's a flawed system with an unnecessary QR camera. Give us an app and have our phone's built-in camera scan a code on the game, either on a sticker or on the LCD display via software.

#3155 1 year ago

Who 'dat? I added a bunch of extra squares to the QR. I've now thrown a Pixar ball into the mix.

All good I'm not going to mess with it!

#3156 1 year ago

Got my leaderboard set up but there's nowhere for a user to access it.

#3157 1 year ago

Hi,
Anyone else having issues with connecting their game to their Wi-Fi today. I’ve reset it a few times and also reset my router but no luck.
Thanks for your help.

#3158 1 year ago

Are there specific game settings to make your score eligible for the Leaderboard? Where would we find such a list?

i.e. 3ball/5ball games - how many and how you get extra balls?

Is there a default setting?

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Got my leaderboard set up but there's nowhere for a user to access it.

I would think if you set up a local leaderboard any user who logs in is automatically entered and posted to it.

#3160 1 year ago

Connected on 2 different pins in the last hour, so IC is working fine.

#3161 1 year ago

Would like to see them have separate leaderboards for pro vs. premium/LE

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Would like to see them have separate leaderboards for pro vs. premium/LE

Weird that they don't

#3163 1 year ago

Hey guys, is it also ok to use the rj45 splitter with stranger things? I’m using the coin door mod and want to route the Ethernet cable to the back box but don’t have any spare ports when the topper is plugged in. Thanks

#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey guys, is it also ok to use the rj45 splitter with stranger things? I’m using the coin door mod and want to route the Ethernet cable to the back box but don’t have any spare ports when the topper is plugged in. Thanks

It should work but. What is the reason for wanting to attach it to the back box? I would just follow the instructions and attach it to the open spot by the flippers.

#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

It should work but. What is the reason for wanting to attach it to the back box? I would just follow the instructions and attach it to the open spot by the flippers.

Was just curious. I was thinking maybe it would be less wear and tear on the Ethernet cable if it was a straight shot to the back box rather than having the cable moving around every time you lift the playfield up.

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Was just curious. I was thinking maybe it would be less wear and tear on the Ethernet cable if it was a straight shot to the back box rather than having the cable moving around every time you lift the playfield up.

Sufficent slack and cable relief make this a non-issue.

But yes, you can use the splitter design on any game. Stern hasn't said, nor given us any opportunity to find out the tolerance for signal or voltage degradation on the node bus lines.

#3167 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sufficent slack and cable relief make this a non-issue.
But yes, you can use the splitter design on any game. Stern hasn't said, nor given us any opportunity to find out the tolerance for signal or voltage degradation on the node bus lines.

Cool, thank you guys for the info. Looking forward to installing it tonight.

#3168 1 year ago

So it finally happened. I opened my insider connect app to check out the leaderboard thing and noticed there is a new (to me) location with 4 insider connected pins near my house. Going to check it out. So... the insider connected app is actually bringing in new business to locations.

#3169 1 year ago

sooo local leader boards...
I created a leader board for my route location. As an Op I can see it and view results via the kiosk view on my phone.

As a player no one can find or see the leader boards for that location. Is that not up yet? I thought they said that worked on the call, but maybe it was just for the world wide godzilla thing.

EDIT: supposed to be under locations and then leaderboard
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Player-Discovery-Guide.pdf

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The camera has failed, I think, in my Godzilla and will not scan the QR. Has anyone found what camera they used and replaced just that?

the camera node did fail. Stern finally sent a new one and I was able to swap that last night, and start a leader board. The new module works faster than it used to to pickup the QR code. Camera looks different between parts.

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:sooo local leader boards...
I created a leader board for my route location. As an Op I can see it and view results via the kiosk view on my phone.
As a player no one can find or see the leader boards for that location. Is that not up yet? I thought they said that worked on the call, but maybe it was just for the world wide godzilla thing.
EDIT: supposed to be under locations and then leaderboard
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Player-Discovery-Guide.pdf

I see the same thing... the locations page in the website today does not match what they show in their guides... doesn't seem to be a way to find the location leaderboards yet or their docs are wrong.

#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I see the same thing... the locations page in the website today does not match what they show in their guides... doesn't seem to be a way to find the location leaderboards yet or their docs are wrong.

probably just not implemented yet, sadly.
I posted the kiosk link in my fb group but idk how many people will see that.

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

probably just not implemented yet, sadly.
I posted the kiosk link in my fb group but idk how many people will see that.

I sent a support email... maybe we should email the new hire

#3174 1 year ago

It's out there but it is really hard to find. I had to fish around for a long time.

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/events/aTxvx-KwtN-zqNph

Edit: I think I found out by searching for my location on the non-pro side.

#3175 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It's out there but it is really hard to find. I had to fish around for a long time.
https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider/events/aTxvx-KwtN-zqNph
Edit: I think I found out by searching for my location on the non-pro side.

Once you have the leaderboard URL - you can just copy/paste it. It's the same link for Pro's viewing it as it is for non-pros viewing it.

But the documented way for non-Pros to find it, doesn't exist... because the Location page doesn't have the tabbed view it's supposed to.

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But the documented way for non-Pros to find it, doesn't exist... because the Location page doesn't have the tabbed view it's supposed to.

Looks like they fixed it today… working now

#3177 1 year ago

So for a player to find the leader board
Go to the location
Then leaderboard tab
Then click the color rectangle.
While it is colored, it didn’t look like much of a “button” or clickable.

#3178 1 year ago

I really like the idea of Insider Connected, but it seems like the development is going at a glacial pace - here are some thoughts I have for probably low hanging fruit that might provide decent value (not in a particular order):
1) show locations I've played at so that I can easily see leaderboards and games on those locations
2) make the links from recent activity clickable to take me to my achievements/scores
3) make the latest achievement clickable or show the description - I might not remember what it means
4) let me know who is following me and let me click to see their achievements/recent activity
5) show average scores and standard deviations
6) split scores out by location - I might score a billion at one, but can't at another
7) split the achievements by location - this and the last one might drive more activity for operators
8) show me how many games it took to get an achievement
9) indicate on the games screen which games I have achievements for and which I don't
10) show leaderboard details on the actual pinball machine
11) let me click on one of the games and see ones with IC near me - this will let me more easily hunt achievements
12) on the connections screen show me some recent highlights from that connection without having to click
13) on the stats page, show me the games I haven't played and help me to find them locally
14) matchplay integration for tournaments
15) Social media integration so people can brag that they just hit a leaderboard or made an achievement
16) Head to head match leaders - let me compete against my connections and track the W/L records
17) Show me uncommon achievements for games - that might get players to push for them more
18) Achievement leaderboards
19) Notifications when knocked down or off a leaderboard
20) Notifications for high scores on a game (GC, High scores, mode champions, etc.)
21) Notifications on connection's achievements/leaderboards

Anyway, that's just a few thoughts, but I'm sure some other folks here have other ideas that are probably better. But most of these seem easy and doable and building on what already exists.

#3179 1 year ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

I really like the idea of Insider Connected, but it seems like the development is going at a glacial pace - here are some thoughts I have for probably low hanging fruit that might provide decent value (not in a particular order):
1) show locations I've played at so that I can easily see leaderboards and games on those locations
2) make the links from recent activity clickable to take me to my achievements/scores
3) make the latest achievement clickable or show the description - I might not remember what it means
4) let me know who is following me and let me click to see their achievements/recent activity
6) split scores out by location - I might score a billion at one, but can't at another
7) split the achievements by location - this and the last one might drive more activity for operators
9) indicate on the games screen which games I have achievements for and which I don't
11) let me click on one of the games and see ones with IC near me - this will let me more easily hunt achievements
12) on the connections screen show me some recent highlights from that connection without having to click
13) on the stats page, show me the games I haven't played and help me to find them locally
15) Social media integration so people can brag that they just hit a leaderboard or made an achievement
16) Head to head match leaders - let me compete against my connections and track the W/L records
17) Show me uncommon achievements for games - that might get players to push for them more
20) Notifications for high scores on a game (GC, High scores, mode champions, etc.)
Anyway, that's just a few thoughts, but I'm sure some other folks here have other ideas that are probably better. But most of these seem easy and doable and building on what already exists.

whoa whoa whoa, that list is gonna see us all the way through 2042.

#3180 1 year ago

Glacial pace is a good way to put it.

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Galacial pace is a good way to put it.

Glacial.

#3183 1 year ago

Good morning everyone happy fathers day to all the dads hoping my boys ask me to play pinball with them in my mind that's the end of field of dreams..lol! Anyway I got my kits installed on JPprem and DPLE but the dealer held back saying they're waiting on specialty kits for my EHOH premium? Why wouldn't a regular kit work? They came with left or right pocket stickers so I'm confused

#3184 1 year ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

All great and welcome sugestions but the only thing that really interests me is getting some kind of head to head play in there. Not sure it'll ever happen but personally I think it's the killer functionality it needs. It'll probably take stern 10 years to get there though.

#3185 1 year ago

I’d like them to tackle home tournament play/leaderboards next. We just use a chalkboard when we have friends over for a BBQ/pinball night,it would be really cool to be able to track progress with notifications etc as the leaderboard changed. If they nailed that down it could be enough to make me look hard at another Stern vs mixing it up with a classic BW, JJP, AP or Spooky (I only have 2 pins). I suspect it’s coming, can’t see how it would be that hard to set up for the software gurus.

Edit: If someone Stern-related is looking at this thread bonus points if home location leaderboards and tournament data could be displayed on a single connected device (already thinking of you, old iPad sitting in the closet).

#3186 1 year ago

I made an IC module that mounts through the volume control blank for my Star Wars premium that is on location with a DBA installed. Stern will probably release the IC kit tomorrow now that I went through the trouble.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-ic-module-for-star-wars-premium-with-dba#post-6986865

#3187 1 year ago

Why doesn't it even have something as basic as the date you unlocked the achievement? I want to buy a kit for my AIQLE, but for the price, it needs more features.

#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Why doesn't it even have something as basic as the date you unlocked the achievement? I want to buy a kit for my AIQLE, but for the price, it needs more features.

You had me till for the price, in pinball terms it's literally free..lol!

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

You had me till for the price, in pinball terms it's literally free..lol!

Ummm... it's $200, that's hardly free... am I missing something?

#3190 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

There are a million little "why aren't they doing 'X' yet. Hopefully with the release of leaderboards they'll start picking up the pace a little bit as I think this was the first update to it at all in the last, what, 4 or 5 months it's been out?

#3191 1 year ago

Tossed this bad boy up in the bar for giggles. Think we are on to something here. . .

PXL_20220620_160054341 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_160054341 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_160110110 (resized).jpgPXL_20220620_160110110 (resized).jpg
#3192 1 year ago

That looks great! This can only help these kinds of locations. Nothing like your name in lights. I play as part of a regular trivia team (yeah, it’s a thing). It’s based on a system called Buzztime that has monthly and yearly leaderboards for various games. Monthly leaderboards reset on the 1st of each month. This draws lots of local players to try and become the first person on the boards with a perfect score in various games. It really does increase business at these bars with the system.

I’m thinking Stern might want something similar with location-based leaderboards. Reset them (or have a rolling time limit for each score). Don’t underestimate enthusiasts desire to be up on the boards; it’s a pretty big deal in the trivia world…

#3193 1 year ago

+1000 for regularly resetting leaderboards.

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That looks great! This can only help these kinds of locations. Nothing like your name in lights. I play as part of a regular trivia team (yeah, it’s a thing). It’s based on a system called Buzztime that has monthly and yearly leaderboards for various games. Monthly leaderboards reset on the 1st of each month. This draws lots of local players to try and become the first person on the boards with a perfect score in various games. It really does increase business at these bars with the system.
I’m thinking Stern might want something similar with location-based leaderboards. Reset them (or have a rolling time limit for each score). Don’t underestimate enthusiasts desire to be up on the boards; it’s a pretty big deal in the trivia world…

I don't understand why Stern doesn't do a daily high score like JJP games.

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from bghenson23:

Im sure this has probably been mentioned but it would be cool if Insider connected rewarded you somehow during game play for using it. After you get certain amount of accumulative achievements possibly you can earn additional things during play like, bonus multipliers, ball saves, or even a special mode.

#3196 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Im sure this has probably been mentioned but it would be cool if Insider connected rewarded you somehow during game play for using it. After you get certain amount of accumulative achievements possibly you can earn additional things during play like, bonus multipliers, ball saves, or even a special mode.

Isn't that one of the end goals? Otherwise I don't really care if I use it.

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

They have already implemented this in some ways. Maiden Pro that has insider connected hooked up, will allow you to get "Can I Play with Madness" mode which was previously, Premium/LE only. JP now has Goat Mania on insider connected games when you log in. No longer need the topper.

#3198 1 year ago

TMNT pro with add on insider connect kit.
We lost power for 4 or 6 hrs Monday and Wednesday last week. I haven't turned game on in 10 days, didn't touch it during power outage. Now it won't connect to my wifi, it sees the network, shows up in the net tab on menu but no connection. I rebooted my router and modem (both are on UPS with whole home auto generator) Everything else aside from my roomba came back with no network issues. reseated wifi dongle and have tried to scan my wifi qr a few times.

What's my next step?

#3199 1 year ago

If you remove a retro fit kit from a game when selling it, is it ok to remove the micro sd card or does that need to stay in and just remove the scanner and dongle?

#3200 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

If you remove a retro fit kit from a game when selling it, is it ok to remove the micro sd card or does that need to stay in and just remove the scanner and dongle?

I removed the card and had no issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Atlanta Area, GA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.