B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 124.
#3101 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I’ve been having an issue where my recent games and achievements haven’t been showing up on my account. I’ve played multiple games signed in and earned multiple achievements and the website claims my last game was 7 days ago and I’ve gotten no achievements. I am able to login on the game and the achievements pop up when I earn them. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had this happen to me multiple times. Stern will get around to fixing some bugs hopefully in the near future.

#3102 1 year ago

Not the full QR code reader assembly but I think I at least found the camera portion on Alibaba.com

323B0E04-1C16-47C4-967D-3B18E857F729 (resized).png323B0E04-1C16-47C4-967D-3B18E857F729 (resized).png
#3103 1 year ago

How do we get a pinball which has the QR reader attached to the system?
My local has Godzilla, but trying to scan the QR code says it has not been set up for this system.

#3104 1 year ago
Quoted from Tinkinswood:

How do we get a pinball which has the QR reader attached to the system?
My local has Godzilla, but trying to scan the QR code says it has not been set up for this system.

It has to be setup from within the service menu.

Here's a YouTube video from Stern going through the setup. You can skip to the 5 minute mark where they talk about setting up the Wifi on the game and how to register the machine.

#3105 1 year ago

I just setup on my Star Wars premium using door mod. When I go into menu no "NET" option shows up to setup WIFI. What am I missing?

#3106 1 year ago

Something is wrong with mine I think. I’ve gotten to the point where I need to connect to stern insider connected, but it won’t scan my phone or code. Is the plastic over it supposed be frosted sort of?

4405CAD9-6CA0-40A8-B830-04A2F90C8953 (resized).jpeg4405CAD9-6CA0-40A8-B830-04A2F90C8953 (resized).jpegF9AEAF2C-C4B3-4A2F-99B2-4094A40610E3 (resized).jpegF9AEAF2C-C4B3-4A2F-99B2-4094A40610E3 (resized).jpeg
#3107 1 year ago

Not supposed to be frosted. Mine are all clear. Looks like they may have left protective film. You may need to disassemble to peel off

#3108 1 year ago

The apron sticker cutout for the reader is still in place. Pull it off and it'll work.

#3109 1 year ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

I just setup on my Star Wars premium using door mod. When I go into menu no "NET" option shows up to setup WIFI. What am I missing?

make sure you are running at least the first version that supported insider connected for that game.

you gotta have the minimum version installed.

#3110 1 year ago

My Mando Premium was delivered with IC hardware, but not the software. Was a bit puzzled that I had no "NET" menu until I figured it out. I had to manually download the updated software (which supports IC), then I could proceed with IC hookup.

#3111 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

make sure you are running at least the first version that supported insider connected for that game.
you gotta have the minimum version installed.

Thanx flynnibus I needed to upgrade to 1.2 code and worked great! Cant believe they haven't made a Star Wars prem kit as of this post... Coin door mod looks better anyways but had to sacrifice headphone kit

#3112 1 year ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Thanx flynnibus I needed to upgrade to 1.2 code and worked great! Cant believe they haven't made a Star Wars prem kit as of this post... Coin door mod looks better anyways but had to sacrifice headphone kit

This would work for you?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05707-insider-connected-qr-reader-mount-pinball-life-audio-control

#3114 1 year ago

Anybody have one nearby that can give me the approximate measurement I'd need a project box to be to fit one of these bad boys? Going to try to see if I can mount one on the front of my star wars premium that has a DBA since Stern seems to be in no rush to provide me with a solution. Or a single update to the operator system.

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from drewbo81:

Already got it and installed. Thanx PinballManiac40

You said you had to sacrifice a headphone kit though. I guess I lost something in your post about that.

#3116 1 year ago

I've got 4 games on location (verified location) and they have been working fine for the most part. However they have now been offline for a couple days?!? I have verified the wifi is working and reseated the sd cards. No change. Does anyone know if insider connected system is up and running?
Thanks,
Jim

#3117 1 year ago
Quoted from jim5six:

I've got 4 games on location (verified location) and they have been working fine for the most part. However they have now been offline for a couple days?!? I have verified the wifi is working and reseated the sd cards. No change. Does anyone know if insider connected system is up and running?
Thanks,
Jim

I'm a home user, but I was able to connect this afternoon with no issues.

#3118 1 year ago

Likely your location's internet. Mine are reporting.

#3119 1 year ago

A Technical Producer for Insider Connected has been appointed, "coordinating the development, design, and execution of new feature requests".
https://sternpinball.com/2022/06/10/stern-pinball-enhances-insider-connected-team/

#3120 1 year ago

Hey everyone. I recently purchased an Insider Connected reader for my Star Wars LE, and a coindoor mount kit. The problem is I don't have any open RJ45 ports on my node boards or up in the backbox. I also have a topper, which uses the middle RJ45 port up there. Any thoughts on how to have both connected? Right now I have decided to disconnect my topper for a while so I can work on getting achievements.

#3121 1 year ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey everyone. I recently purchased an Insider Connected reader for my Star Wars LE, and a coindoor mount kit. The problem is I don't have any open RJ45 ports on my node boards or up in the backbox. I also have a topper, which uses the middle RJ45 port up there. Any thoughts on how to have both connected? Right now I have decided to disconnect my topper for a while so I can work on getting achievements.

You need a RJ-45 splitter for star wars. One that physically takes 1 RJ-45 to 2 RJ-45 ports. There are examples in the thread if you search on splitter.

This is not an ethernet device - simply a 1 to 2 RJ-45 8 pin splitter.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Adapter-8P8C-1F-107294/dp/B0069LVUPS/ref=sr_1_13

But ppl have posted others in the thread

#3122 1 year ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

You can run a cable from the playfield display using the supplied cable in my kit or add a splitter and connect to that.

Ethernet Splitter, RJ45 Splitter Adapter LAN Network Internet Splitter 1 to 2, Ethernet Cable &LAN Internet Splitter for Cat5 Cat5e Cat6 Cat 7 Cable-2pcs https://a.co/d/j9dSy0I

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

7C20E0F2-96BC-4989-87AD-F797F450F461 (resized).jpeg7C20E0F2-96BC-4989-87AD-F797F450F461 (resized).jpeg
#3123 1 year ago

flynnibus Gotfrogs Thanks guys! I'll check this out! Appreciate your help.

#3124 1 year ago

Seems a while since Stern has rolled out anything new for Insider Connected? I'm looking for leaderboards at home. Think that'd be a cool feature with a crew of people playing all the pins on a comp night.

#3125 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Seems a while since Stern has rolled out anything new for Insider Connected? I'm looking for leaderboards at home. Think that'd be a cool feature with a crew of people playing all the pins on a comp night.

Just released!

https://sternpinball.com/2022/06/16/stern-pinball-launches-insider-connected-leaderboards/?utm_source=constantcontact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220616_ICLeaderboard

#3127 1 year ago

I don't see how to set this up for my home account. Is it only for pro accounts right now?

#3128 1 year ago

How about an app.....

#3129 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

How about an app.....

This confused the hell out of me. I spent 20 minutes at the bar the other day looking for the app on the play store, then went to the stern site to see if I could get it there. Finally realized there is no app and it's just a website with your QR code.

It would be cool if they did what Golden Tee does. They will send you a free card when you sign up for an account that you use to sign in. It would be cool if stern would send us a little QR code for our key ring. (although I can just 3d print one since they're easy enough to convert to STL)

#3130 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I don't see how to set this up for my home account. Is it only for pro accounts right now?

Yep, unfortunately looks like pro accounts only. Are home owners requesting pro accounts?

"Insider Connected Location Leaderboard functionality is now available to all Insider Connected Professional accounts. Location Leaderboard competitive play will drive increased gameplay and new player participation. This will extend any Insider Connected Pro operator’s location entertainment experience which will drive revenue and excitement."

#3131 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

It’s under the “stern events” tab.

#3132 1 year ago

ZMeny had these set up at the Louisville Arcade Expo. It was pretty cool to see how you were doing against others there. Guess he was being a tester for it.

#3133 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I think he was referring to setting up leaderboards for his home machines.

#3134 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Where are you seeing that? My pro account only has locations / machines / resources / account tabs.

#3135 1 year ago

Pro account = subscription doesn't it? maybe they just haven't rolled it out to home accounts yet but if it is restricted to paid accounts only that would be hugely disappointing ( although not unexpected ). I hope I've got that wrong. After crickets for 3/4 of a year a half baked global or location only leaderboard is all they could manage?

I just had a game on my GZ and there was no sign of the global leaderboard, or when logged in to the IC website. What am I missing?

#3136 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Pro account = subscription doesn't it? maybe they just haven't rolled it out to home accounts yet but if it is restricted to paid accounts only that would be hugely disappointing ( although not unexpected ). I hope I've got that wrong. After crickets for 3/4 of a year a half baked global or location only leaderboard is all they could manage?
I just had a game on my GZ and there was no sign of the global leaderboard, or when logged in to the IC website. What am I missing?

No. Pro accounts = Operator accounts. You have to verify your business. I don't even think they are charging for the pro accounts.

#3137 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Where are you seeing that? My pro account only has locations / machines / resources / account tabs.

Strange, it’s an option that appears for me.

CA0AD577-F50C-42AB-A621-2100A7147A18 (resized).pngCA0AD577-F50C-42AB-A621-2100A7147A18 (resized).png
#3138 1 year ago

That's under the user account, not the pro account. I was looking for where to set this up for my location.

#3139 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

That's under the user account, not the pro account. I was looking for where to set this up for my location.

Looks like it's under locations according to the FAQ: https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/Insider-Connected-Leaderboard-Operator-Set-up-Guide.pdf

#3140 1 year ago

Yeah, it's not very easy to see on first glance, but it's there.

stern-ic-ui (resized).pngstern-ic-ui (resized).png
#3141 1 year ago

Just a heads-up, there's a bug with setting start/end time for the leaderboard. At least for me, the times get shifted one hour. This repeats each time I edit the leaderboard, so for each edit I need to make sure to set the times to one hour before the times I actually want.

#3142 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

It would be cool if they did what Golden Tee does. They will send you a free card when you sign up for an account that you use to sign in. It would be cool if stern would send us a little QR code for our key ring. (although I can just 3d print one since they're easy enough to convert to STL)

I bought some lamination sheets, printed my QR code and my son's, placed them back to back (with some paper in between to block light bleed), cut it smaller than a credit card, and then put them between two sheets and trimmed the whole thing to just about a credit card. Works about 90% of the time. Some lighting situations needed more light to read (they're probably configured to be looking for a backlit cell phone screen so a printout needs more lighting) but overall it was a super quick and fairly reliable and repeatable solution.

#3143 1 year ago

I took a screenshot and set it as the photo face on my watch. Took about 4 tries to get it centered just right and reading is a bit fiddly but it works. It’s just two swipes away all the time.

#3144 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

I took a screenshot and set it as the photo face on my watch.

Same here. Works every time.

Pixar ConnectedPixar Connected

#3145 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

Same here. Works every time.
[quoted image]

Thanks for setting off the security system in my brain.

#3146 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Ya I saw that. That is a cool thing to jump into a global leaderboard for sure. I was referring to running one at my house for my connected machines. Having a little daily competition would be cool.

I do have the iScored setup, but tying directly to the machines is a really cool deal. I am sure it will come to home users at some point.

#3147 1 year ago

Time to login to a bunch of games for Amused_to_Death

#3148 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Time to login to a bunch of games for Amused_to_Death

QR was altered in Photoshop. Knock yourself out.

#3149 1 year ago

I can’t seem to see a leaderboard when I log into IC. The announcement today says “Starting now through June 30th, log in with your Insider Connected account to any Godzilla pinball machine at your home or at a location near you”.

I just played GZ at home and tried logging in again to see if there’s a leaderboard but I still don’t see one. Am I missing something?

#3150 1 year ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I can’t seem to see a leaderboard when I log into IC. The announcement today says “Starting now through June 30th, log in with your Insider Connected account to any Godzilla pinball machine at your home or at a location near you”.
I just played GZ at home and tried logging in again to see if there’s a leaderboard but I still don’t see one. Am I missing something?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Plastics
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnt Cabins, PA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

9,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Forest, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.