B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 124.
#2951 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

They are the same price even though the pro kit comes with more "stuff" and in a larger box.

The last batch on pinball life the premium le kit was cheaper, that’s why I was wondering if it was the same equipment minus the apron

#2952 1 year ago

Is anyone making a decal to cover the insider connect stock one?

#2953 1 year ago

Hi there. I looked at the index and didn't find anything about my question. Once I registered my machine the insider connected worked fine. Last night I shut the machine off. Today it can't find any wifi signals.

Any suggestions? I'm not great at computers and wifi stuff. I know the wifi IS working, however.

TIA

#2954 1 year ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Hi there. I looked at the index and didn't find anything about my question. Once I registered my machine the insider connected worked fine. Last night I shut the machine off. Today it can't find any wifi signals.
Any suggestions? I'm not great at computers and wifi stuff. I know the wifi IS working, however.
TIA

Same here. My Godzilla has worked fine since day one. Rush, Looses wifi all the time. I had to update it the old way.

#2955 1 year ago

When I am doing the splitter do I need to put anything on the micro Sd cards or does it download automatically with the Wi-Fi usb setup?

#2956 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

When I am doing the splitter do I need to put anything on the micro Sd cards or does it download automatically with the Wi-Fi usb setup?

You don't have to pre-format the micro USB.

#2957 1 year ago

Thanks!

#2958 1 year ago

Tried adding an insider kit to a game this week. Says wifi adapter not found or installed or something. USB port can see the thumb drive to update code, but doesn't see this adapter. I took the adapter and plugged it into my laptop and it recognizes it and a green light comes on the adapter. There is no green light when plugged into the spike 2 board. Any suggestions before I reach out to Stern?

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Tried adding an insider kit to a game this week. Says wifi adapter not found or installed or something. USB port can see the thumb drive to update code, but doesn't see this adapter. I took the adapter and plugged it into my laptop and it recognizes it and a green light comes on the adapter. There is no green light when plugged into the spike 2 board. Any suggestions before I reach out to Stern?

is the usb port dead on the spike board?

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Not possible because:

USB port can see the thumb drive to update code

#2961 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

I don't believe so. I updated the code to 1.12 successfully using a thumb drive, right before installing the IC kit.

#2962 1 year ago

I don't believe so. I updated the code to 1.12 successfully using a thumb drive, right before installing the IC kit.

Maybe the wifi adapter is USB 3.0 and the thumb drive is 2.0 ?

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

My next test was gonna be trying this adapter in my Stranger Things and the one in there, in the other one, if it is a different brand. I know Stern is using whatever they can get their hands on for these things.

#2964 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

and 3.0 usb should work in 2.0 slot

#2965 1 year ago

My next test was gonna be trying this adapter in my Stranger Things and the one in there, in the other one, if it is a different brand. I know Stern is using whatever they can get their hands on for these things.

Try it in the other slot. Worked for me. I think it was the right side that worked

#2966 1 year ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and 3.0 usb should work in 2.0 slot

Not always the case in my experience. Once you get burned by that, you'll change your tune.

#2967 1 year ago

I’m having the same issue. These are the ones I bought.

TP-Link Nano AC600 USB Wifi... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PB1X4CN

#2968 1 year ago

Mine only worked in right usb port on both machines.

#2969 1 year ago

I’ve installed about 10 kits now. there were a couple games I had to move the Wi-Fi module back and forth in the usb sockets and reboot over and over again and finally magic they would work.

#2970 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I’ve installed about 10 kits now. there were a couple games I had to move the Wi-Fi module back and forth in the usb sockets and reboot over and over again and finally magic they would work.

That's funny I had the same thing. On like the 12th reseat / reboot it finally magically worked on one of mine and hasn't had a problem since. But I definitely did the same exact thing a bunch of times moving the USB device and it just finally happened to work one time.

#2971 1 year ago

Fiddled with the WiFi adapter while it was on the screen showing no USB adapter detected, and the game finally recognized it. All good, it seems.

#2972 1 year ago

Has anyone got a warranty replacement from stern? How long did it take? Going on 4 weeks and just curious

#2973 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone got a warranty replacement from stern? How long did it take? Going on 4 weeks and just curious

My Stranger Things optos took a month or so. I'm guessing you had a faulty IC reader node or something?

#2974 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for these kits, I just got 2 from Maine Home Recreation on their Ebay store. They have 3 Premium and 9 Pro at MSRP (free shipping) as of this post and shipped the same day with priority mail. Being in GA, I have zero affiliation. MSRP and fast shipping gains my praise.

#2976 1 year ago

My Stranger Things optos took a month or so. I'm guessing you had a faulty IC reader node or something?

My Opto set for my Mando took about the same.

#2977 1 year ago

Yeah, the light is on but it will not scan the QR code. I haven’t swapped units with a working one but I did reseat all the cables.

#2978 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yeah, the light is on but it will not scan the QR code. I haven’t swapped units with a working one but I did reseat all the cables.

Mine is the same on Mando. It worked like 3 times and then never again. Light is on but nothing.

#2979 1 year ago

Anybody else notice any audio issues after installing Insider Connected? I have a Star Wars and at the end of game Obi-Wan says "Remember, the Force will be with you always". But about 1/3 of the time the beginning of that audio is cutoff: "...ember, the Force will be with you always". I've also heard audio gaps on my Beatles as well. I suspect IC is doing something causing the audio interruption. Anybody else experience similar? FWIW, I connect all my ICs with high speed LAN and not Wi-Fi.

#2982 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

Anybody else notice any audio issues after installing Insider Connected? I have a Star Wars and at the end of game Obi-Wan says "Remember, the Force will be with you always". But about 1/3 of the time the beginning of that audio is cutoff: "...ember, the Force will be with you always". I've also heard audio gaps on my Beatles as well. I suspect IC is doing something causing the audio interruption. Anybody else experience similar? FWIW, I connect all my ICs with high speed LAN and not Wi-Fi.

yeah I have Star Wars & it does the same thing

#2983 1 year ago

Hey guys! So I just ordered a bunch of kits to true-up the lineup, but curious is there anyway to have IC auto-log me in as my collection is HUO? Scanning each one as I move around is a bit wonky.

This would be a fantastic addition to the options if it's not already implemented!

IMG_5395 (resized).JPGIMG_5395 (resized).JPG

#2985 1 year ago

I just got kit and I’m really enjoying the achievements. I follow some of the stern staff and was surprised to see that most of them don’t use IC much. Anyone else find this strange?

#2986 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Hey guys! So I just ordered a bunch of kits to true-up the lineup, but curious is there anyway to have IC auto-log me in as my collection is HUO? Scanning each one as I move around is a bit wonky.
This would be a fantastic addition to the options if it's not already implemented!
[quoted image]

I screen shot my qr code and printed it out, that's the best option I've found so far. But an option to stay logged in until you log out would be great.

#2987 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I screen shot my qr code and printed it out, that's the best option I've found so far. But an option to stay logged in until you log out would be great.

Yep. I have a small piece of paper I've covered in tape and keep in 1/6 cupholders. Also have JUST the code as a quick-swipe on my lockscreen of the iphone. I feel a line or two of code could make this work in future releases. Hopefully someone's sneaking around this forum and implements it

#2988 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Yep. I have a small piece of paper I've covered in tape and keep in 1/6 cupholders. Also have JUST the code as a quick-swipe on my lockscreen of the iphone. I feel a line or two of code could make this work in future releases. Hopefully someone's sneaking around this forum and implements it

There's a guy who makes small Keychain with your code on it. I have one for me and all my kids. I keep it right near the machine.

#2989 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I just got kit and I’m really enjoying the achievements. I follow some of the stern staff and was surprised to see that most of them don’t use IC much. Anyone else find this strange?

The major designers aren't pinball players in any competitive sense. Keith and some software folks are.

#2990 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

They could be testing a beta version.

#2991 1 year ago

If you want to install the Stern Insider Connected Upgrade Kit and don't want to alter/mess with your existing playfield apron, a coin door mount is a nice solution. And here is a low cost and much simpler way to do it...

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “If you want to install the Stern (Spike2) Insider Connected Upgrade Kit and don't want to alter/mess with your nice playfield apron, a coin door mount kit is a nice solution. And h...”
2022-05-08
Naperville, IL
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 658 times

#2992 1 year ago

Please excuse what may be a dumb question as I am borderline computer illiterate.

I know that there's some sort of cable that needs to go from the IC reader to one of the node boards (node board 8 I think). I do have the official instructions, just not here with me now. I just want to know if I have that cable already, or if I need to make a trip to Best Buy. It's a cable that looks like the type you'd plug into your modem. I have a bunch of Cat 5e cables just sitting around. Will those work for this application? Does it matter what color they are? I think I have them in black, yellow, and blue.

Thanks in advance.

#2993 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Please excuse what may be a dumb question as I am borderline computer illiterate.
I know that there's some sort of cable that needs to go from the IC reader to one of the node boards (node board 8 I think). I do have the official instructions, just not here with me now. I just want to know if I have that cable already, or if I need to make a trip to Best Buy. It's a cable that looks like the type you'd plug into your modem. I have a bunch of Cat 5e cables just sitting around. Will those work for this application? Does it matter what color they are? I think I have them in black, yellow, and blue.
Thanks in advance.

Should be fine yes.

#2994 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Thanks in advance.

It's part of the kit. A new cable comes in the box. Yours will work fine, but one is included with the IC kit.

#2995 1 year ago

It's part of the kit. A new cable comes in the box. Yours will work fine, but one is included with the IC kit.

I think my only concern about having a cable on hand is that one of the machines I'm setting it up on is a Star Wars. I'd read that a longer cable is needed because it has to go to the LCD screen on the playfield, rather than the normal spot they've been going.

#2996 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I think my only concern about having a cable on hand is that one of the machines I'm setting it up on is a Star Wars. I'd read that a longer cable is needed because it has to go to the LCD screen on the playfield, rather than the normal spot they've been going.

Another option, use my low cost kit to mount the QR reader in the coin door and no additional cables are needed. You also get to keep your original apron intact. (see post 2991) I only have 2 kits left!
But to your question, any standard Ethernet patch cable will work fine.

#2997 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

There's specific instructions for Star Wars.

Look at this post and the one after it for reference.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/53#post-6793710

#2998 1 year ago

Has anyone else had issues getting Wi-Fi to work when connecting to a network without a password? I am trying to hook up my Rush Pro, but it always says “unable to connect”. When I add a password to the network, it connects fine.

#2999 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Has anyone else had issues getting Wi-Fi to work when connecting to a network without a password? I am trying to hook up my Rush Pro, but it always says “unable to connect”. When I add a password to the network, it connects fine.

I thought I read somewhere that open networks won't work. It needs a secured network as far as I know.

#3000 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Only WPA/WPA2 connections are support for security reasons. WEP and open networks are not supported. If you require connecting to WEP or and open network, you can use a WiFi repeater which connects to the WEP/open network and provides a WPA AP for the pinball machines.

Additionally, you could have the WiFi repeater connect to a 5GHz network and then connect the repeater to the pinball via Ethernet for a faster connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/60?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.