B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 124.
#2851 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The system is far too clunky to not have a major release.

It is basically a beta release, patience is what all owners need, completed product with apps eventually...

#2852 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

It is basically a beta release, patience is what all owners need, completed product with apps eventually...

Yeah it’s really basic currently. And if you pull up the stats on the stern team, most of them have like 4 games played. I think that’s decent proof they’re working on a major improvement. You can see the potential, hopefully they run with it. Challenge your friends to get x achievements lower ball count wins like pinball golf. Pump the social aspect more, icon modifiers if you have y under your belt. Probably the operator stats coming first tho.

#2853 2 years ago

Looking forward to putting one in my Star Wars premium in the near future.

#2854 2 years ago

If anyone is at TPF and would like a coin door mount for their QR reader. I have a few with me and you can save on not having to pay shipping. PM me if interested.

0AC7F716-B5D2-4A03-92DA-BF0799A95048 (resized).jpeg0AC7F716-B5D2-4A03-92DA-BF0799A95048 (resized).jpeg
#2855 2 years ago

Anyone with avengers get the Disc RPM achievements? I swear i've seen my RPM on the screen, but so far not even the 250RPM achievement.

#2856 2 years ago

This has probably been addressed, but couldn't find it. I have a GZ, I log into IC, it shows that I am logged in, but I am not getting the achievements that I should be getting. Any reason for this? Such as defeating 1st tier, etc.
thx

#2857 2 years ago

I posted my own design for a coin door mount to thingiverse. It prints in two pieces to allow a raised center section that sits flush with the coin door and prints with no support material.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-printing-sharing-thread-lets-better-the-hobby/page/37#post-6852837

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5332496

20220324_224340 (resized).jpg20220324_224340 (resized).jpg
#2858 2 years ago

So TPF comes and goes and no IC news at all?

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone with avengers get the Disc RPM achievements? I swear i've seen my RPM on the screen, but so far not even the 250RPM achievement.

I asked stern about this. They said it is a known issue and should be fixed in a future release.

#2860 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

So TPF comes and goes and no IC news at all?

Good call. Where was Stern, JJP, and Spooky at TPF? Was CGC the only ones to have a seminar and talk about their game?

#2861 2 years ago

Anyone know of a place with the Prem/LE Insider Connected in stock? Just picked up a Black Knight and would love to get it connected.

#2862 2 years ago

So another major show - and no updates from Stern on IC features?

:/

#2863 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

This has probably been addressed, but couldn't find it. I have a GZ, I log into IC, it shows that I am logged in, but I am not getting the achievements that I should be getting. Any reason for this? Such as defeating 1st tier, etc.
thx

If you've already gotten the achievements in a previous game, they won't show again. Do you see them as achieved on the site?

#2864 2 years ago

They magically just appeared. They weren't there the day before. I loaded the new code and they seem to be working.
thx

#2865 2 years ago

If you want to install the Stern Insider Connected Upgrade Kit and don't want to alter/mess with your existing playfield apron, a coin door mount kit is a nice solution. And here is a low cost and much simpler way to do it...

SOLD!
Mod - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “If you want to install the Stern (Spike2) Insider Connected Upgrade Kit and don't want to alter/mess with your nice playfield apron, a coin door mount kit is a nice solution. And h...”
2022-05-08
Naperville, IL
Archived after: 16 days
Viewed: 658 times

#2866 2 years ago

How many games does everyone have connected so far I'm up to 3( Godzilla premium, stranger things premium, and deadpool pro)

#2867 2 years ago

Aerosmith, Star Wars, Avengers and Jurassic.

I'm smart though, no need to buy a kit for every game. A friend gave me a kit and I just move the QR reader from game to game. Each game has a MicroSD and wifi adapter installed and a network cable running inside the coin door. I just unplug the cable from the reader and move plug it into the next game. I can only play one at a time, why give Stern $$?

#2868 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

How many games does everyone have connected so far I'm up to 3( Godzilla premium, stranger things premium, and deadpool pro)

My Rush came with it and I have purchased kits (and coin door mounts) for three games I already own.

Stranger Things Prem
Jurassic Park Pro
Beatles

#2869 2 years ago

All 3 of my Spike 2 Sterns. Jurassic Park, Elvira HOH and Godzilla!

#2870 2 years ago

Bm66 (coin door), SW (coin door), BKSOR, Elvira HOH, the Beatles, Mando, DP, GZ. Yeah I like SIC, but plan on putting Scorbit on most titles as possible since they support many more games as well as have an open platform. I can have active scoreboards in my home environment- huge hit on pinball night.
So...come on Stern support us little guys! The software is already out there as I have seen it at a recent pinball expo.

I am not bashing Stern- really like IC and achievements.

#2871 2 years ago

This may have been posted before but this is my build/print. I wanted to put the headphone jack and volume control in the same door with the insider connect reader. I found this on thingiverse. Painted it with Rust-Oleum gloss black hammered spray paint. It's more gray than black. May hit it with a coat of gloss black.
Great model:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5232305

PXL_20220330_121538063.jpgPXL_20220330_121538063.jpgPXL_20220330_141319828.jpgPXL_20220330_141319828.jpg
#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

10 LOL! Between hosting a bunch of tourneys, weekly league, and for myself, I went all out.

Batman 66 (door mount), Deadpool (apron mount), Star Wars (door), Mando (door), Led Zep (door), Jurassic (apron), TMNT (door), Godzilla Prem (came with it on apron), BKSoR (door) and Elvira HoH (apron). I would put one on Guardians but I like the custom code with the custom music so I haven't bothered upgrading.

#2873 2 years ago

The camera has failed, I think, in my Godzilla and will not scan the QR. Has anyone found what camera they used and replaced just that?

#2874 2 years ago

I doubt the camera failed. My guess is the supporting custom Stern electronics is what failed. You will need to get it replaced under warranty.

#2875 2 years ago

Got to use my insider connect finally on my buddies new Godzilla and Mando. Do we have any idea when the Iphone App is going to be released if ever? Having to pull up the website to check on achievements is a PITA. I did the screenshot of my QR code so that was easier but man I hope the release a full blown app soon.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

Got to use my insider connect finally on my buddies new Godzilla and Mando. Do we have any idea when the Iphone App is going to be released if ever? Having to pull up the website to check on achievements is a PITA. I did the screenshot of my QR code so that was easier but man I hope the release a full blown app soon.

Haven't done it on cardstock yet, but I printed out my QR code and just keep it face-down on my machine at home, resting on the glass down by the lockdown bar. I just slide it up to the reader when I want to log in, then slide it back down to the lockdown bar after I hear the successful login sound.

For location play I just have a bookmark in safari for the insider website and my login info is saved with Face ID, so it's like a 5 second thing to log in and get at my QR code. I'm eager for an iPhone app too (for all the info/stats/etc), but I'd be surprised if it'll ever beat having a QR code printed out (wallet card, stuck inside your phone case, tattooed to your forearm, etc) in terms of speed.

#2877 2 years ago

/rant mode on

Insider connect requires a modified apron for the reader, which is frankly awful looking. OK, no worries, just put the reader in the coin door using some community made 3D model. Yes, but... In Europe, Spike 2 coin door does NOT have the opening that is being used to fit the reader.

And a US coin door is 200 euros, and it's not available...

So I have a choice between not installing IC, or install IC and ruin my apron artwork with this awful integrated reader. Or not update the firmware and stick with the older one to ensure I get Scorbit compatibility (because of course Stern disabled Scorbit support in the latest release of the firmware), but in this case I lose some bug fixes that were not made available.

/rant mode off

If anyone has a practical solution to this, I'm all ear.

I think I'll end up adding an opening in the cabinet bottom, route the cable and reader externally to a suitable location outside of the machine. And use a mechanical splitter to share the reader across machines.

#2878 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

/rant mode on
Insider connect requires a modified apron for the reader, which is frankly awful looking. OK, no worries, just put the reader in the coin door using some community made 3D model. Yes, but... In Europe, Spike 2 coin door does NOT have the opening that is being used to fit the reader.
So I have a choice between not installing IC, or install IC and ruin my apron artwork with this awful integrated reader. Or not update the firmware and stick with the older one to ensure I get Scorbit compatibility (because of course Stern disabled Scorbit support in the latest release of the firmware), but in this case I lose some bug fixes that were not made available.
/rant mode off
I think I'll end up adding an opening in the cabinet bottom, route the cable and reader externally to a suitable location outside of the machine. And use a mechanical splitter to share the reader across machines.

I can't remember where but I did see a 3D printed box for the reader. Saw it on the back box underneath the edge. Looked okay. Would keep you from cutting a hole in the bottom. Will look for the model tonight.

#2879 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

/rant mode on
/rant mode off

Do you have in Europe the single coin door variant without any knockouts?
If it is only in a home environment I wonder if you could remove the coin return flap and the screwed on piece behind it and have it read through the coin return hole. Not sure if that is large enough, but since it's non destructive modification you could try that.

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I doubt the camera failed. My guess is the supporting custom Stern electronics is what failed. You will need to get it replaced under warranty.

waiting on warranty, and because stern and parts issues...it's gonna be a while.

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Put a thumblock on the coin door, keep the reader inside the coin door.

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Why buy the while door? Shouldn't you just need the door skin and the outer coin chute and coin return bevel with flap? Pinball Life sells the door skin for a very reasonable $25.

https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-face-with-bill-validator-cutout.html

PBL-200-0103-00 (resized).jpgPBL-200-0103-00 (resized).jpg
#2883 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHead50:

It is more of a halfway solution, but using the “add to home screen” option will save some steps and add an icon to your phone. Not as good as a dedicated app, but better than going to the browser every time.

#2884 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

/

I have my only QR reader sitting inside the coin door. All 4 of my games have a MicroSD card and wifi dongle installed. All 4 have a 2' network cable plugged into the open jack on the left side of the playfield. The cable sits in the coin door and I just move the reader from game to game when I want.

Easy enough to open the coin door and hold my phone or printed QR code, then close the door and play.

Don't install the apron or anything, keep it sitting in the coin door out of sight.

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Why buy the while door? Shouldn't you just need the door skin and the outer coin chute and coin return bevel with flap? Pinball Life sells the door skin for a very reasonable $25.
https://www.pinballlife.com/coin-door-face-with-bill-validator-cutout.html[quoted image]

Ah many thanks, that's indeed much more cost attractive. Not sure I understand what else is needed however from your post?

#2886 2 years ago

Can these plug into any open port or only the one bottom left of playfield.?

#2887 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Can these plug into any open port or only the one bottom left of playfield.?

Any port

#2888 2 years ago

I just purchased a Stranger Things LE over the weekend and was looking online for an Insider connected kit for it. I found these guys with them in stock. I got the last premium kit they had but they still have pro kits available. I only purchased mine this morning and they already sent me a tracking number!
https://oldtownpinball.com/shop-new/ols/products/stern-insider-kit-for-premium-machines-str-nsd-kit-for1

#2889 2 years ago

I had an issue with my BKSOR LE that I’m pretty sure is IC related.

Just installed the kit, activated, etc. when I lock the first ball for triple knights challenge, game freezes for a few seconds and reboots. Did it multiple times, same spot.

Anyone else have this issue?

Mike

#2890 2 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Just installed the kit, activated, etc. when I lock the first ball for triple knights challenge, game freezes for a few seconds and reboots. Did it multiple times, same spot.
Anyone else have this issue?

Tried (re)-installing the latest code yet? If so, send Stern a bug report.

#2891 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Tried (re)-installing the latest code yet? If so, send Stern a bug report.

What Dick said. There was a code release that rebooted all the time but the latest fixes it.

#2892 2 years ago

Does anyone else have detection problem with the Startech Wifi adapter?

Did anyone get a Canakit Wifi adapter in their Insider Connected kit?

#2893 2 years ago

I have Canakit wifi in mine and no issues.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Does anyone else have detection problem with the Startech Wifi adapter?
Did anyone get a Canakit Wifi adapter in their Insider Connected kit?

I had one that it would never find. I finally tried unplugging it and plugging it back up while it was running. It immediately worked and has worked for hundreds of games since.

YMMV

#2895 2 years ago

anyone had a dark reader and manage to make it light again?

#2896 2 years ago

Yeah lets put a qr code reader aka a webcam facing your crotch, what could go wrong lol

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from Castlecade:

Yeah lets put a qr code reader aka a webcam facing your crotch, what could go wrong lol

Nothing to hide here!

#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Still dark here. One guy posted that he accidentally left his machine on overnight and that fixed it somehow. Mine flashes bright during boot a few times then stays off completely, I've also seen it flicker dimly during play a few times but never stayed on.

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I had 2 (of 2 total!) that went dark. Stern provided absolutely no resistance to replacing both of them, so they must know there is a known issue with the early ones doing that. I have only received 1 of the replacement readers so far but it has worked perfectly since I got it. I would recommend filing a service ticket on any that you have that will not light up.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I had 2 (of 2 total!) that went dark. Stern provided absolutely no resistance to replacing both of them, so they must know there is a known issue with the early ones doing that. I have only received 1 of the replacement readers so far but it has worked perfectly since I got it. I would recommend filing a service ticket on any that you have that will not light up.

Same here. The 2 I purchased both went dark and Stern was prompt with replacing them. Second one took longer to get and it was explained they were having led issues so it was taking a little longer but I have both now and working fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 14.95
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dixon, IL
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 3,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/58?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.