B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 124.
#2801 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I thought the kits didn't work for stranger things LE?

Why would you think that? It’s a very simple install as his video shows. Haha

#2802 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Uv kit has the conflict - not the le

#2803 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

There's a tiny smidge risk to short the metal frame of the QR reader, which I assumed is ground, against one of the solder pads of the UV kit strips, but two layers of duct tape takes care of that. It's being discussed in the vid as I discovered it. My distributor (Tilt Amusements) said nothing about that it wouldn't work in my LE.

#2804 2 years ago

Hi. Just wondering where you mounted it on the Star Wars one? I have a Le and heard that you need a special kit for it. Thanks

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from Jace:

Hi. Just wondering where you mounted it on the Star Wars one? I have a Le and heard that you need a special kit for it. Thanks

I think the last two pages of this thread were talking about that fix.

#2806 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would you think that? It’s a very simple install as his video shows. Haha

Because my distributor told me it didn't work with it. I didn't watch the video obviously.

#2807 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Because my distributor told me it didn't work with it. I didn't watch the video obviously.

You can do it the way he did it, or use this space here that’s already in the apron if you’re worried about the tight fit.

F69ABA66-97B4-4250-882F-130B4D34613B (resized).jpegF69ABA66-97B4-4250-882F-130B4D34613B (resized).jpeg
#2808 2 years ago

do any of you get the error you have to dismiss when you use the PRO side?

#2809 2 years ago

yup.

Quoted from northvibe:

do any of you get the error you have to dismiss when you use the PRO side?

#2810 2 years ago

I doubt anything is announced at TPF as I understand George isn't going to be there. I doubt there will be any major update until Expo.

#2811 2 years ago

Has anyone who uses IC and likes to play the cooperative game mode ever wondered about how to keep all players logged in in cooperative game mode after a game is over, or was it just me? Though hitting the start button after a game is over keeps players logged in, however starts the standard game mode, no cooperative game.

This is how it works for me, just in case, you care:

1. Play a cooperative game with several players logged in until game is over.

2. When in “game over” screen, press both flipper buttons simultaneously= screen changes.

3. When in “20 seconds until auto log out counting down” screen, press right flipper button= screen changes (instead, if you are not just pressing but also holding the right flipper button, countdown will race down to zero. If you press and hold both flipper buttons simultaneously, countdown will pause).

4. When in “these players have been logged in” screen, press and hold both flipper buttons simultaneously= screen changes.

5. When in “what game mode do you want to play?” screen, press one of the flipper buttons cycling through game modes until cooperative game mode shows up.

6. When cooperative game mode is shown, press action button to select game mode.

7. You have achieved starting a cooperative game with all players logged in, go to No. 1

#2812 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

Has anyone who uses IC and likes to play the cooperative game mode ever wondered about how to keep all players logged in in cooperative game mode after a game is over, or was it just me? Though hitting the start button after a game is over keeps players logged in, however starts the standard game mode, no cooperative game.
This is how it works for me, just in case, you care:
1. Play a cooperative game with several players logged in until game is over.
2. When in “game over” screen, press both flipper buttons simultaneously= screen changes.
3. When in “20 seconds until auto log out counting down” screen, press right flipper button= screen changes (instead, if you are not just pressing but also holding the right flipper button, countdown will race down to zero. If you press and hold both flipper buttons simultaneously, countdown will pause).
4. When in “these players have been logged in” screen, press and hold both flipper buttons simultaneously= screen changes.
5. When in “what game mode do you want to play?” screen, press one of the flipper buttons cycling through game modes until cooperative game mode shows up.
6. When cooperative game mode is shown, press action button to select game mode.
7. You have achieved starting a cooperative game with all players logged in, go to No. 1

there is a setting for this in the game options also.

#2813 2 years ago

So I added IC to my Mando and when getting a high score it does not put in all the initials related to the account, i.e it only puts in bow, not bowtech as all my other games do and ones on location I play. It's set to 10 letters like my other games. After a high score if I get my name up I can go in and add the rest of the initials to it manually. Any ideas?

#2814 2 years ago

anyone know what's happening with Batman LE and SLE? they both have a custom arch?

#2815 2 years ago

A few things

I mounted these on a pro, premium, and LE.

Pro kit was super easy

Premium was a pain and I lost artwork

LE I used the coin door method which was super easy and very portable. I do wish the kit would mount where the free play card would go as that would keep the leds for the apron.

Overall I have to ask what games are the best for IC interaction

Godzilla is fantastic with callouts when you get achievements

Iron Maiden had something when I logged in.

TMNT is meh

JP is okay

Mandalorian is okay.

We m looking to put the next one in a game that’s more interactive.

Anyone have recommendations?

#2816 2 years ago

Deadpool is pretty good with achievements... as is AIQ...

#2817 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone know what's happening with Batman LE and SLE? they both have a custom arch?

Batman66 Premium, LE, and SLE all have the same bottom apron with no pre-existing holes to add IC.

The assumption is that the upcoming retrofit IC kit will use the same apron Stern used on the last run of Batman66 games that came with IC from the factory. That apron has the IC installed on the left side. The right side will still have the holes to mount your portrait or landscape trading card.

Unlike other IC kits which have you tranfer your old apron decals to the new apron, this one will have to come with new artwork. Stern missed a perfect opportunity to make the IC instructions for this game more Batman66 like, i.e. "use the Bat-QR scanner to unlock Bat-achievements" or something similar.

Maybe we can convince Franchi to sell a little overlay magnet/decal mod with revised art and text to put around the scanner hole?
cbbcbed880db89dd31b2adc80367e9fa2f8ac49a (resized).jpgcbbcbed880db89dd31b2adc80367e9fa2f8ac49a (resized).jpg

#2818 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern missed a perfect opportunity to make the IC instructions for this game more Batman66 like, i.e. "use the Bat-QR scanner to unlock Bat-achievements" or something similar.
[quoted image]

Couldn’t agree more; I was really hoping for better art integration on the retrofit kits, more similar to what you see on GZ Premium.

#2819 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten a replacement from Stern for a faulty board? RMA was submitted 2 months ago. I'm guessing like the rest of the world everything is way behind.

#2820 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

A few things
I mounted these on a pro, premium, and LE.
Pro kit was super easy
Premium was a pain and I lost artwork
LE I used the coin door method which was super easy and very portable. I do wish the kit would mount where the free play card would go as that would keep the leds for the apron.
Overall I have to ask what games are the best for IC interaction
Godzilla is fantastic with callouts when you get achievements
Iron Maiden had something when I logged in.
TMNT is meh
JP is okay
Mandalorian is okay.
We m looking to put the next one in a game that’s more interactive.
Anyone have recommendations?

TMNT is objectively the most interactive game for insider connected, seeing as how it’s the only game that saves progress from your game to your account. When you level up your turtle, that progress is permanently tied to your account, so you can bring in lvl 4 turtles, for example, into any TMNT that has insider connected.

I’d put Elvira second, since there are specific achievements you can only get on specific days. For example, you have to complete Santa Claus Conquers the Martians on Christmas Day for one, or complete Warewolf of Washington on October 31st for another. I think there’s a Friday the 13th achievement too.

#2821 2 years ago

if you goto stern events you can see some competitions with scores.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

So I added IC to my Mando and when getting a high score it does not put in all the initials related to the account, i.e it only puts in bow, not bowtech as all my other games do and ones on location I play. It's set to 10 letters like my other games. After a high score if I get my name up I can go in and add the rest of the initials to it manually. Any ideas?

My TMNT does this, just shows my first three letters initially - but if you go ahead and hit END you will see that your full 10 initials are registered to the game.

#2823 2 years ago

Someone earlier said an outside party is programming this. Maybe they aren't meeting their deliverables and it's not really Stern screwing this up.

#2824 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

TMNT is objectively the most interactive game for insider connected, seeing as how it’s the only game that saves progress from your game to your account. When you level up your turtle, that progress is permanently tied to your account, so you can bring in lvl 4 turtles, for example, into any TMNT that has insider connected.
I’d put Elvira second, since there are specific achievements you can only get on specific days. For example, you have to complete Santa Claus Conquers the Martians on Christmas Day for one, or complete Warewolf of Washington on October 31st for another. I think there’s a Friday the 13th achievement too.

Glad I posted as I did not know this. Played a few games and didn’t see the interaction other than some achievements.

#2825 2 years ago

So IC is still just chasing achievements and painfully slow updates? Nothing new?

What about operators? Can you do remote code updates? Can you set up remote comps/challenges for your games? Can you change gameplay settings remotely? Do you get malfunction notifications? Etc etc?

#2826 2 years ago

Well I just ripped my ether jack off this thing on accident Hope Stern can replace without having to buy an entire kit .

#2827 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:So IC is still just chasing achievements and painfully slow updates? Nothing new?
What about operators? Can you do remote code updates? Can you set up remote comps/challenges for your games? Can you change gameplay settings remotely? Do you get malfunction notifications? Etc etc?

For operators, all we have is inaccurate play counts. Big promises but I hope they come. This would be a great platform for operators to get much more power and detail remotely

#2828 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For operators, all we have is inaccurate play counts. Big promises but I hope they come. This would be a great platform for operators to get much more power and detail remotely

I thought the play counts were pretty accurate? have you seen something else?

#2829 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The problem I see is whatever time zone is being used to track daily plays is not the one I have the machine set too. So somewhere through the day it starts the next days play count. Haven’t narrowed it down yet but honestly what I would like to see most is just paid earnings or just complete access to the audit systems in general. Followed by remote code updates (it does show what version the machine is running at least), and whose the top players of the machine.

#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

During the same day, I’ll log in and “today” counts will be a number, then later go to zero. I had it stagnant for a few days as well. And it would be nice to see paid vs total

#2831 2 years ago
Quoted from Westcb:

The problem I see is whatever time zone is being used to track daily plays is not the one I have the machine set too. So somewhere through the day it starts the next days play count. Haven’t narrowed it down yet but honestly what I would like to see most is just paid earnings or just complete access to the audit systems in general. Followed by remote code updates (it does show what version the machine is running at least), and whose the top players of the machine.

Oh it would be funny if the code has a time of day as a contractor on the other side of the world….. it would make some sense then on my weird play counts

#2832 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:Oh it would be funny if the code has a time of day as a contractor on the other side of the world….. it would make some sense then on my weird play counts

Given the complete lack of attention to detail in all the stats (percentage being reported with like 9 decimal places??) I wouldn’t be suprised if everything was just set based on UTC

But I’ve walked into the place… turn on yhe game… and the web already claims dozens of plays that day.

I don’t think it’s just time zone offsets… there is more to it

#2833 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Batman66 Premium, LE, and SLE all have the same bottom apron with no pre-existing holes to add IC.
The assumption is that the upcoming retrofit IC kit will use the same apron Stern used on the last run of Batman66 games that came with IC from the factory. That apron has the IC installed on the left side. The right side will still have the holes to mount your portrait or landscape trading card.
Unlike other IC kits which have you tranfer your old apron decals to the new apron, this one will have to come with new artwork. Stern missed a perfect opportunity to make the IC instructions for this game more Batman66 like, i.e. "use the Bat-QR scanner to unlock Bat-achievements" or something similar.
Maybe we can convince Franchi to sell a little overlay magnet/decal mod with revised art and text to put around the scanner hole?
[quoted image]

Does the new Batman apron for IC have the flipper LED light holes in the apron, that shine LEDs on the left and right flippers from the apron, like all new machines have? Does anyone know?

#2834 2 years ago

When selling or trading a game, do you have to unregister your game? Just want to make sure I don’t mess something up for them next guy. Has anyone done this?

#2835 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

When selling or trading a game, do you have to unregister your game? Just want to make sure I don’t mess something up for them next guy. Has anyone done this?

Yes, you’ll need to unregister

#2836 2 years ago

I have 2 Insider Connect kits now (premium version) that are installed in the coin door. Both of them have started having intermittent backlight. The light comes on briefly when the game comes on, but then either flickers a lot or goes off entirely shortly thereafter. They both work just fine to scan from a phone, but I suspect they might not work so well on a non-bright source.

Is this something that Stern would cover under any kind of warranty? It doesn't bother me so much since I always use my phone to scan in anyway.

#2837 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I have 2 Insider Connect kits now (premium version) that are installed in the coin door. Both of them have started having intermittent backlight. The light comes on briefly when the game comes on, but then either flickers a lot or goes off entirely shortly thereafter. They both work just fine to scan from a phone, but I suspect they might not work so well on a non-bright source.
Is this something that Stern would cover under any kind of warranty? It doesn't bother me so much since I always use my phone to scan in anyway.

yes, you need to get with your distributor to start a warranty claim. both of the kits I purchased had the same issue and needed to be exchanged.

#2838 2 years ago

Is anyone selling kits for premiums yet that are actually in stock?

#2839 2 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

yes, you need to get with your distributor to start a warranty claim. both of the kits I purchased had the same issue and needed to be exchanged.

I made a warranty claim last week for the same issue. They agreed to send a replacement. Of course, they claim the readers are out of stock right now. So I will have to wait to get it.

#2840 2 years ago

I recently attended the Louisville expo and one of the vendors had all of their Sterns connected. High scores for each game were listed on a central monitor-very cool. Is this an operator only function or can we in the home environment do this as well?

#2841 2 years ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

Is anyone selling kits for premiums yet that are actually in stock?

I believe there are several dealers who have them in stock. I got one from these guys:

https://oldtownpinball.com/shop-new/ols/products/stern-insider-kit-for-premium-machines

#2842 2 years ago
Quoted from GranpaDave:

Is this an operator only function or can we in the home environment do this as well?

Its a “stern only” function right now - they haven’t released that functionality

#2843 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

I made a warranty claim last week for the same issue. They agreed to send a replacement. Of course, they claim the readers are out of stock right now. So I will have to wait to get it.

Be prepared to wait awhile, I put in a warranty claim over a month ago for mine. I can get the reader to work with the light of my phone or a printed card with a flashlight behind it.

#2844 2 years ago

Some of my fave machines got their Insider Connected installed...

guardians-insider-connect (resized).jpgguardians-insider-connect (resized).jpgrush-insider-connect (resized).jpgrush-insider-connect (resized).jpg
#2845 2 years ago

My friend, @jesterfunhouse, graciously gave me a new Insider Connected kit last night. I've been having fun already collecting the achievements, even though I wasn't planning on buying one ever.

I bought the coin door mount and waiting on that. What I'm doing now is moving the reader from game to game. I have network cables connected in each pin , so I open the coin door and plug in the reader. No big deal, just me playing and easy to reach in with my phone to scan. Plus I don't have to re-scan when playing games after game.

I had enough spare 16GB cards to install in each game. But of course I only have the single wifi dongle that was included in the kit. So that sucks having to move it to each game and re-enter wifi password, etc.

Anyway, found this AWESOME deal on a 5-pack of the CanaKit Raspberry Pi WiFi Wireless Adapter/Dongles. Now it makes it simple to move the reader itself from game to game. I probably won't even mount it and keep it in the coin door because I remove one cable and that's it.

$35!!! Seven packs left.

ebay.com link: itm

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

My friend, Jesterfunhouse, graciously gave me a new Insider Connected kit last night. I've been having fun already collecting the achievements, even though I wasn't planning on buying one ever.
I bought the coin door mount and waiting on that. What I'm doing now is moving the reader from game to game. I have network cables connected in each pin , so I open the coin door and plug in the reader. No big deal, just me playing and easy to reach in with my phone to scan. Plus I don't have to re-scan when playing games after game.
I had enough spare 16GB cards to install in each game. But of course I only have the single wifi dongle that was included in the kit. So that sucks having to move it to each game and re-enter wifi password, etc.
Anyway, found this AWESOME deal on a 5-pack of the CanaKit Raspberry Pi WiFi Wireless Adapter/Dongles. Now it makes it simple to move the reader itself from game to game. I probably won't even mount it and keep it in the coin door because I remove one cable and that's it.
$35!!! Seven packs left.
ebay.com link: itm

Sorry for the delay on the coin door mounts. I had a large batch ship from the powder coater on Friday and they are scheduled to be delivered to me on Thursday. I have most of the orderer ready to ship as soon as they come in. We head to TPF on Thursday but hopefully they get delivered before we head out. If so, we will try and pack them up in the car and mail them on Thursday. If not, all orders should be fulfilled by Monday!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

IMG_2433 (resized).jpgIMG_2433 (resized).jpg
#2847 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Its a “stern only” function right now - they haven’t released that functionality

Thanks for the response! Yeah, kind of figured that was the case, but thought I would throw it out there. The future for interconnected pins is certainly solid- so many possibilities. When first announced I was “meh”. Now I am ordering units for all of my games.

#2848 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Sorry for the delay on the coin door mounts. I had a large batch ship from the powder coater on Friday and they are scheduled to be delivered to me on Thursday. I have most of the orderer ready to ship as soon as they come in. We head to TPF on Thursday but hopefully they get delivered before we head out. If so, we will try and pack them up in the car and mail them on Thursday. If not, all orders should be fulfilled by Monday!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05778-metal-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount[quoted image]

Thanks for the update! I look forward to my little (green? white?) frog in the mail. Enjoy TPF-envious!

#2849 2 years ago

I bought a game from a friend and it has Insider Connected. Do I need to register it to my account or just play it like it is? (How?)

Thanks

#2850 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I bought a game from a friend and it has Insider Connected. Do I need to register it to my account or just play it like it is? (How?)
Thanks

https://insider.sternpinball.com/account/machines
Register the game to you. You may have to get your friend to remove the game from their Stern Insider account or have Stern do it for you before you can register it yourself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/57?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.