B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 124.
#2551 2 years ago

If you don’t mind, post a picture of the SD card in the main board.

#2552 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Neither Black Order MB and Battle Royale Achievements seem to work, the Disc RPM ones also dont work.

I spoke with stern and they are working on a code fix for these issues.

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

If you don’t mind, post a picture of the SD card in the main board.

No prob - any suggestions are more than welcome. I had a friend over last night carefully going through all the directions again and we just can’t get it to work. And it really should be a simple install and setup. Just has to be a bad mini SD reader and the only way to fix would be a whole new board from Stern.
Here’s a pic of the mini sd inserted in the reader. Gently pushed in once until it clicks and is locked in. Also a pic of the new card they sent (same 32 card) as well as the constant error screen that’s shows not detected in red when I try both cards.
A07C1D8C-4D94-466B-B02C-789B8EBBAF20 (resized).jpegA07C1D8C-4D94-466B-B02C-789B8EBBAF20 (resized).jpegE1F50201-0923-4D98-A6D8-EE2AB929791F (resized).jpegE1F50201-0923-4D98-A6D8-EE2AB929791F (resized).jpegF816195E-9DAA-4CDC-9B5D-885ADE60905D (resized).jpegF816195E-9DAA-4CDC-9B5D-885ADE60905D (resized).jpeg

#2554 2 years ago

Edit: sorry. I guess I didn’t look far enough back. I found it also on the bookmarked post list.

Anyone try to use a single reader on multiple games? I’m thinking of having a centralized reader and feeding it to 4 games with one of these.

FEB314C6-EC78-41E6-9FAB-BDE88B225B7F (resized).pngFEB314C6-EC78-41E6-9FAB-BDE88B225B7F (resized).png

#2555 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Anyone try to use a single reader on multiple games? I’m thinking of having a centralized reader and feeding it to 4 games with one of these.

There are some impressive builds with this approach further up in this thread.

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Tried both new mini sd cards and it’s just the same issue “no card detected” in red in the “net” setting so it’s unusable for me at this point as it looks like it’s the reader on the CPU that is bad. So weird cause I got it all set up 1 time a couple of days ago (after many sd Reinsert/restarts attempts) finally logged in one game on my profile and got a couple achievements. Then I turned on the game the next day and same damn issue “no card detected” is happening every single time I’ve tried since with both cards I have. Ugh

You are not the first who would have a bad sd slot. They just were not used previously so they could go undetected

#2557 2 years ago

Has anyone managed to connect to a private network? aka hidden SSID? I haven't managed it, fails every time I try to set it up ( which is a ball ache using the on screen keyboard ). I know it works fine with a visible network.

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Has anyone managed to connect to a private network? aka hidden SSID? I haven't managed it, fails every time I try to set it up ( which is a ball ache using the on screen keyboard ). I know it works fine with a visible network.

Unhide the SSID, set up the IC on the pin, re-hide the SSID.

#2559 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Unhide the SSID, set up the IC on the pin, re-hide the SSID.

Thanks, just tried that but as soon as network is hidden the machine doesn't connect anymore.

#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Thanks, just tried that but as soon as network is hidden the machine doesn't connect anymore.

Bummer. Most routers nowadays allow you to set up a secondary guest network (that you can lock down pretty tight). Maybe you can enable that and allow it to broadcast its SSID, and use that for your pins.

#2561 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:Bummer. Most routers nowadays allow you to set up a secondary guest network (that you can lock down pretty tight). Maybe you can enable that and allow it to broadcast its SSID, and use that for your pins.

Yeah maybe. I've just bought a mesh system, TP-link Deco M5 and was setting that up. Just thought I'd take the opertunity to hide my new network. I'm assuming that makes it safer? Either way Godzilla wasn't happy about it.

#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I have 5 games connected to my Godzilla LE QR reader. Just bought 5 SD cards and USB wireless adapters and cat 6 cables. Cost was about $25 per
Game plus the 2 switcher boxes. Works great!

#2563 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Edit: sorry. I guess I didn’t look far enough back. I found it also on the bookmarked post list.
[quoted image]

Yep I'm using this manual switcher for my 4 games and it works great.

#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Yeah maybe. I've just bought a mesh system, TP-link Deco M5 and was setting that up. Just thought I'd take the opertunity to hide my new network. I'm assuming that makes it safer? Either way Godzilla wasn't happy about it.

With proper security set up, there’s no reason to turn off SSID broadcast. Any decent hacker will be able to see your network anyway, and can figure out your SSID pretty quick. They may be more likely to target you, since you’re trying to hide.

#2565 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

With proper security set up, there’s no reason to turn off SSID broadcast. Any decent hacker will be able to see your network anyway, and can figure out your SSID pretty quick.

Yes. That and…in some ways they’re actually less secure (or at least they were years ago when I finally stopped hiding mine)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/tn-archive/bb726942(v=technet.10)

#2566 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

I have insider connected working great, have done updates, etc but can't figure out how to change the game location name to me?

Quoted from ChrisBardon:

Contact the old owner and have them unregister it from their account.

Contacting Stern should always work. Old owners may or may not be cooperative.

#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

in some ways they’re actually less secure (or at least they were years ago

Note that the article you linked is from 2005, before wireless security was much of a consideration. There is little of relevance to the networks of today where even the most basic of home routers is protected from your average snoop.

That said, I'm also not hiding my SSID. My important devices use a separate network from my guests, TVs, and other junk that wants a network connection but has no need to access things I want segmented.

#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Note that the article you linked is from 2005, before wireless security was much of a consideration. There is little of relevance to the networks of today where even the most basic of home routers is protected from your average snoop.

I hear you. We’ve come a long way!

#2569 2 years ago

Anyone have some highlights/review for huo IC? What are the most compelling reasons to buy this for home use?

#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep I'm using this manual switcher for my 4 games and it works great.

Hi,

one question.
Before you push the button on the hub must you turn the power off and on on the machine or can you use and switch from game to game and switch between the machines?

#2571 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Anyone have some highlights/review for huo IC? What are the most compelling reasons to buy this for home use?

Well in the case of JP and Iron Maiden (pro) you get an extra mode with IC. JP you get the formerly topper-exclusive mode Goat Mania, and Iron Maiden you get the mode that was formerly premium/le exclusive. Run to the Hills, I think it's called. I don't think the topper mode from AIQ is now accessible with Insider Connected, I could be wrong.

Also achievements.

#2572 2 years ago

And Wi-Fi updates. No more need to pull the machine out and remove the back glass to update. Just push a button.

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Hi,
one question.
Before you push the button on the hub must you turn the power off and on on the machine or can you use and switch from game to game and switch between the machines?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/47#post-6712392
in this post shaub says it does not need to be on before switching the machines on.

#2574 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

For me, it has given me a new approach to a game (Aerosmith) that I have had for a while. Focusing on a few things that I hadn't really considered before. As a result, it has changed my strategy to some parts of the game and increased my scores overall.

I wouldn't consider it "must have" at this point, but for $200 (jn this very expensive hobby), it is enjoyable and has been worth it...to me.

#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

I wouldn't consider it "must have" at this point, but for $200 (jn this very expensive hobby), it is enjoyable and has been worth it...to me.

Yeah, definitely not a must have yet. I borrowed a kit from a friend and got most of the achievements on my machines, so now the usefulness is pretty negligible. Having your user name instead of "Player 1/2/3/4" is pretty nice on location but relatively useless when playing single player games by yourself.

#2576 2 years ago
Quoted from lash:

Hi,
one question.

I don't have to power machines or anything else on and off at all to switch games. I just push the button on the hub for the machine I want to use and it works great.

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

It’s nice to automatically have your high scores saved to your profile, and all the achievement hunting is a lot of fun.

But the thing that has been the most game-changing has been Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In this game, you have 4 characters/turtles to choose from, eaching have different strategic & play style benefits. There is a mode in the game where you can level up each turtle, adding more unique features to them as you go. With insider connected, each turtle’s level progress is saved to your profile.

#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

For me, it has given me a new approach to a game (Aerosmith) that I have had for a while. Focusing on a few things that I hadn't really considered before. As a result, it has changed my strategy to some parts of the game and increased my scores overall.

That's what I'm looking forward to experiencing as well, if and when my IC kit gets shipped to me that is (CoinTaker) ...

#2579 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

It’s nice to automatically have your high scores saved to your profile, and all the achievement hunting is a lot of fun.
But the thing that has been the most game-changing has been Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In this game, you have 4 characters/turtles to choose from, eaching have different strategic & play style benefits. There is a mode in the game where you can level up each turtle, adding more unique features to them as you go. With insider connected, each turtle’s level progress is saved to your profile.

Now that's just weird! It is kind of an interesting possible direction, admittedly. Something that might be cool if it was expanded on in another game. Is there a setting to turn that off?

#2580 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Love this IC feature on TMNT! We just discovered Neutrino Pizza Party because we were finally able to level our turtles up to three thanks to IC. What a cool mode.

#2581 2 years ago

I just set up a NIB STh last night and decided to connect the factory installed IC. however, I do not se the NET icon. Any advice?

#2582 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I just set up a NIB STh last night and decided to connect the factory installed IC. however, I do not se the NET icon. Any advice?

Is the game code up to date?

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Is the game code up to date?

No. I just checked and there is an update. I’m just surprised it shipped with the kit installed and it didn’t have the software loaded to support it. I’ll try the update. Thank you

Update: Updated to 1.05 and that fixed it. I looked at the build date and it was December 20th I think that was before the IC release.

#2584 2 years ago

One thing to note if anyone else runs into this issue. If you get everything setup and still receive a "No WiFi adapter found" error try placing the USB Wifi adapter into the other USB port with the game turned on. This is the only thing that would work with my Turtles, powering the game off and switching ports / resetting to existing USB port did nothing.

#2585 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Also a pic of the new card they sent (same 32 card) as well as the constant error screen that’s shows not detected in red when I try both cards.

sorry if this has been said already or seems stupid, but have you considered using a smaller SD card, like 16GB instead? maybe CPU/ file system can't address 32GB? just guessing... fingers crossed!

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from spicekabay:

sorry if this has been said already or seems stupid, but have you considered using a smaller SD card, like 16GB instead? maybe CPU/ file system can't address 32GB? just guessing... fingers crossed!

I did specifically request a 16gb card when I spoke with Cust service. They Stated that 2 games need 32GB USB Cards (Rush and Elvira) . I told them that in the Gomez video they show a 16 gb card, but for my replacement card they sent me another 32gb and said it should work just fine - LZ for example, can use either a 32 or 16. I have a new CPU headed my way (if they have extra ones for warranty issues), but maybe I should go out and pick up a 16GB card just to try and rule it out. I find it hard to believe I have a faulty reader as I did get it hooked up once (after literally 50+ tries haha) But as stated, it could easily go unnoticed during QC check since it isn't being used at that time. maybe a 16 would do the trick - I'll pick one up to try. I'd love to save Stern and GAP the hassle of extra work/ inventory if possible. I appreciate any tips to get this thing setup - thank you!

#2587 2 years ago

where are you guys getting kits from?

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I did specifically request a 16gb card when I spoke with Cust service. They Stated that 2 games need 32GB USB Cards (Rush and Elvira) . I told them that in the Gomez video they show a 16 gb card, but for my replacement card they sent me another 32gb and said it should work just fine - LZ for example, can use either a 32 or 16. I have a new CPU headed my way (if they have extra ones for warranty issues), but maybe I should go out and pick up a 16GB card just to try and rule it out. I find it hard to believe I have a faulty reader as I did get it hooked up once (after literally 50+ tries haha) But as stated, it could easily go unnoticed during QC check since it isn't being used at that time. maybe a 16 would do the trick - I'll pick one up to try. I'd love to save Stern and GAP the hassle of extra work/ inventory if possible. I appreciate any tips to get this thing setup - thank you!

Hopefully the new card sorts you out. It could be an issue with the tiny solder joints used on the microsd card slot though.

#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

No. I just checked and there is an update. I’m just surprised it shipped with the kit installed and it didn’t have the software loaded to support it. I’ll try the update. Thank you

All machines built after a certain date have the kits. Some titles didn't have the code ready and/or approved by the licensor until after they started adding the IC as part of the build. Many Mandos went out with IC and still to this day, IC can't be used. Still waiting on Disney to approve.

#2590 2 years ago

Just and FYI, I've ve used 32gb SD cards on many occasions. They work just fine in Spike 2 games. 16gb SD cards are getting harder to find these days; 32gb cards are now much more common and are easier to find. For me, anyway when I look.

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Just and FYI, I've ve used 32gb SD cards on many occasions. They work just fine in Spike 2 games. 16gb SD cards are getting harder to find these days; 32gb cards are now much more common and are easier to find. For me, anyway when I look.

Remember we are talking the MicroSD slot here... so experience is kinda limited to the IC launch.

I think this is what has happened with an earlier guy. Some people have spike CPUs with bad/flakey MicroSD slots - and simply because they were unused before there probably was no Stern QA check on them. So these get out in the field.. and are hidden until the owner tries to install IC.

#2592 2 years ago

agreed - the cards I saw at a local store were all 32 and it really shouldn't matter anyway- its definitely a faulty reader - I'll have an new warranty CPU headed my way eventually.

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I got a 32GB in Stranger Things and Jurassic Park. No problem whatsoever.

#2594 2 years ago

So I've asked and the previous owner of my GZ Prem removed the machine from Stern Insider Connected. Now when I go to scan my QR code, it says the machine is offline. I've logged into Insider Connected with my account but cannot find ANYWHERE to add the machine or register it. Does anyone have a link? Does it require the premium paid membership to add your machine?

Thank you!

#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

So I've asked and the previous owner of my GZ Prem removed the machine from Stern Insider Connected. Now when I go to scan my QR code, it says the machine is offline. I've logged into Insider Connected with my account but cannot find ANYWHERE to add the machine or register it. Does anyone have a link? Does it require the premium paid membership to add your machine?
Thank you!

You start the new or re registration in the machine settings after you get it online. It'll ask to scan your IC QR, then will give you instructions to go to the account web page on your desktop or mobile to complete registration. When you go to the account page, theres a sub category for "Machines" in which after you follow the prompts on the game screen, will show up there and you have to accept the registration onto your account.

#2596 2 years ago

Ugh IC is turning out to be like an apple iCloud lock. Stern better come up with a internal way to override

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

You start the new or re registration in the machine settings after you get it online. It'll ask to scan your IC QR, then will give you instructions to go to the account web page on your desktop or mobile to complete registration. When you go to the account page, theres a sub category for "Machines" in which after you follow the prompts on the game screen, will show up there and you have to accept the registration onto your account.

Ok so I already have it connected and it has an IP, etc. There's somewhere else on the machine itself to go through that process? (Not their IC website...)?

I appreciate the assist! Going to go poke around now.

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Ok so I already have it connected and it has an IP, etc. There's somewhere else on the machine itself to go through that process? (Not their IC website...)?

did you add it inside your IC "machines" ?

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

Got it - your instructions worked great. Thank you!

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

did you add it inside your IC "machines" ?

It wouldn't allow me to as it was already registered to someone else. Once he removed it I was able to go into the settings on the machine itself, go to the insider connected option, scan my QR code, and it started the process, which you then complete back on the Insider Connected Website.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.