B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 124.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I also got my shipping notification! I'm not sure if I want to use the apron or front door mount. On the JP Prem it has the lit up art of a Jeep/Truck that I would lose.

When I install mine in the coin door today I will post pictures of how it looks!

#2353 2 years ago

I got my final Insider Connected kit today (Thanks Zach) and installed it on the Jurassic Park coin door with one of my kits.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

I think it looks great and I get to keep the artwork on the apron!

E287D541-6B0B-4C94-A98A-E4B2E916B20F (resized).jpegE287D541-6B0B-4C94-A98A-E4B2E916B20F (resized).jpeg

#2354 2 years ago

#stern-stranger-things-premium owners if you have the UV Kit installed - you can not install the premium insider connect kit. The problem is the UV board does not give you enough clearance to get the insider connected over the screw to the apron. See the pics for specifics - even the plastic art has a cutout to deal with this! This is also consistent with what is said by stern marketing materials that stranger things with UV will not work.

Will be talking to ZMeny at flipnout about options to see if can find out from stern the best approach
04698C30-980D-4953-A216-923CEAC8A4D3 (resized).jpeg04698C30-980D-4953-A216-923CEAC8A4D3 (resized).jpeg

2A77109E-84FB-481B-A8C0-7C9CDDEBE0FA (resized).jpeg2A77109E-84FB-481B-A8C0-7C9CDDEBE0FA (resized).jpeg19E2CE13-DF6C-4B67-B5E4-740A528818FF (resized).jpeg19E2CE13-DF6C-4B67-B5E4-740A528818FF (resized).jpeg34F09219-01EC-4FEA-8CDB-298F8AFA4D9E (resized).jpeg34F09219-01EC-4FEA-8CDB-298F8AFA4D9E (resized).jpeg
#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Stranger Things (Premium) owners if you have the UV Kit installed - you can not install the premium insider connect kit. The problem is the UV board does not give you enough clearance to get the insider connected over the screw to the apron. See the pics for specifics - even the plastic art has a cutout to deal with this! This is also consistent with what is said by stern marketing materials that stranger things with UV will not work.
Will be talking to ZMeny at flipnout about options to see if can find out from stern the best approach
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Get the coin door adapter?

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Get the coin door adapter?

Agreed and have one on order, but I have a color matched coin door so a coin door so would love not to do that but will if needed. Stern really ought to have a solution too.

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Stranger Things (Premium) owners if you have the UV Kit installed - you can not install the premium insider connect kit. The problem is the UV board does not give you enough clearance to get the insider connected over the screw to the apron. See the pics for specifics - even the plastic art has a cutout to deal with this! This is also consistent with what is said by stern marketing materials that stranger things with UV will not work.

Now hearing on the stranger things forum that the premium kits are designed to go where the right instruction card goes and there are holes ready for it. Try it over the weekend.

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Stern really ought to have a solution

This is all that needs to be said. Shouldn’t need to depend on a third party product to solve a Stern product issue

#2359 2 years ago

If ya’ll would lift the right hand card off the apron you will see the insider connected hole. They do have a solution they just have not yet produced that particular plate. they are coming.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

This is all that needs to be said. Shouldn’t need to depend on a third party product to solve a Stern product issue

They do have a solution, the apron already has a hole in it.

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

They do have a solution, the apron already has a hole in it.

You can see the hole under where the right insruction card goes in the pics that were just shown. You can also see the mounting studs around the hole.

You should be able to just unscrew the QR scanner from the triangular piece it is on now an move it to the hole under the instruction card.

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

If you don’t want to put in the apron, you can install in the bill collector knockout in the coin door. I did it myself but one of our fellow pinsiders is making a kit. More info in my post in the StrTh club thread.

8AFB6832-B3BE-45B9-BEFF-3C19F1EFB327 (resized).jpeg8AFB6832-B3BE-45B9-BEFF-3C19F1EFB327 (resized).jpegFE326BE0-B738-450E-8323-CA0F73472E00 (resized).jpegFE326BE0-B738-450E-8323-CA0F73472E00 (resized).jpeg
#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Mine works fine with the IC kit, though I would be more than happy to sell you a coin door mounting kit!

See pictures here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/46#post-6695715

#2364 2 years ago

I'm thinking about getting IC for TMNT and AIQ now that there is the sweet coin door mod. 1 person in the TMNT owners thread said he has glitches on a few of the achievements where they won't register. Has anyone else experienced achievement glitches with either TMNT or AIQ?

#2365 2 years ago

I finally got my 2 Insider Connected kits this week. I installed one in Maiden last night and played one game successfully. Went to play it now and it doesn't stay lit up. It blinks a couple times at startup, but then stays dark. I swapped the cable, no dice.

I installed the 2nd kit in JP, that seems to work fine. I connected the JP kit to Maiden and it worked, same cable. So I think my node boards are fine and my cable is fine. Seems like I have a faulty IC unit. Any suggestions before I reach out to Stern?

#2366 2 years ago

I received the file for a coin door mount for the qr reader from mattosborn and made some modifications in order to accommodate a 4-way manual network switch. I've never worked with 3d printer files or anything before but I did my best to make something functional and plan on making additional changes, getting it re-printed, sanding it, and painting it with a hammered black spray paint to better match the coin door. I'm very happy with the result and it is certainly better than opening the coin door to change which game is "connected." Again, huge shout out to mattosborn for sharing his work. I'd also like to give another shoutout to KingVidiot for his explanation of how to configure a network switch to utilize a single qr reader between multiple machines.

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg002 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg003 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg004 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg005 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg006 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg007 (resized).jpg008 (resized).jpg008 (resized).jpg009 (resized).jpg009 (resized).jpg010 (resized).jpg010 (resized).jpg

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I finally got my 2 Insider Connected kits this week. I installed one in Maiden last night and played one game successfully. Went to play it now and it doesn't stay lit up. It blinks a couple times at startup, but then stays dark. I swapped the cable, no dice.
I installed the 2nd kit in JP, that seems to work fine. I connected the JP kit to Maiden and it worked, same cable. So I think my node boards are fine and my cable is fine. Seems like I have a faulty IC unit. Any suggestions before I reach out to Stern?

My Godzilla has the same issue. It will scan but the surround light doesn’t work. Same thing on start up… it will blink a couple of times but that’s it.

#2368 2 years ago

I tried to switch my Godzilla LE to a wired Ethernet connection. I checked all of the connections, but when trying to get the machine online in the network wired setting it never connects. Has anyone else been successful in getting their Godzilla online with a wired connection?

I did get my AIQ online through wired and it is way better than wireless.

#2369 2 years ago

Sorry

Quoted from goldsmid:

I tried to switch my Godzilla LE to a wired Ethernet connection. I checked all of the connections, but when trying to get the machine online in the network wired setting it never connects. Has anyone else been successful in getting their Godzilla online with a wired connection?

Hopefully you attached the ethernet to the connection on the top of the main board? The ones on the bottom are for Stern node boards. AIQ and Godzilla should behave exactly the same. Something must be different in your setup or software settings.

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You can see the hole under where the right insruction card goes in the pics that were just shown. You can also see the mounting studs around the hole.
You should be able to just unscrew the QR scanner from the triangular piece it is on now an move it to the hole under the instruction card.

As many others have said, the premium UV apron works fine with IC. Here is a pic of it installed on my Premium apron.

I do like the coin door option with that ability to have pinball life’s volume control though.

9DBC8001-2125-4799-871A-B3711CFC64D1 (resized).jpeg9DBC8001-2125-4799-871A-B3711CFC64D1 (resized).jpeg
#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

My Godzilla has the same issue. It will scan but the surround light doesn’t work. Same thing on start up… it will blink a couple of times but that’s it.

Interesting, so mine is working, just not well. I printed a piece of paper with the QR code on it so I didn't have to take my phone out every time. I must have gotten lucky during the setup, maybe I had my flashlight on or something. I cannot get the paper to scan again. It scans fine with the phone though, probably because of the bright screen.

Did you reach out to Stern or whoever you bought it from?

#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Interesting, so mine is working, just not well. I printed a piece of paper with the QR code on it so I didn't have to take my phone out every time. I must have gotten lucky during the setup, maybe I had my flashlight on or something. I cannot get the paper to scan again. It scans fine with the phone though, probably because of the bright screen.

No but I guess I should. At first I thought it was a setting I was missing. In a lit room a piece of paper will work. But at night I use my phone. I actually don’t like the light so I am torn.

#2373 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Is it on regular paper or cardstock? I had printed mine originally on regular and it had random scanning issues b/c of how some of the light shines through it and I guess fudges up the code. Reprinted it in cardstock and zero issues since.

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Is it on regular paper or cardstock? I had printed mine originally on regular and it had random scanning issues b/c of how some of the light shines through it and I guess fudges up the code. Reprinted it in cardstock and zero issues since.

Just read higher up that the light is having problems, nvm my previous post

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from goldsmid:

When I hooked my AIQ, JP3, and EHOH up to use my GZ LE QR reader, for some reason my EHOH wouldn't find the Ethernet connection. AIQ and JP3 found the wired connection instantly. So I took the Wifi dongle out of GZ and used it in EHOH and plugged Ethernet into GZ. EHOH found the Wifi right away. GZ didn't find the Ethernet right away, but after a couple tries restarting it did find it.

Sounds like your GZ is having a similar issue as my EHOH, and I wasn't able to figure out why ethernet wasn't working for that one.

#2376 2 years ago

Thanks to the 3d printing forum and the guys sharing their projects, got my qr set up on AIQ. Quick setup and my wife is surprised how much she likes tracking her progress in the game. I'll make one unique to the game by adding lit gems or something above the reader. Still need to make small size adjustments on the raised part to make it closer to 100% flush.

PXL_20220115_214408286.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220115_214408286.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220115_214413526.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220115_214413526.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220116_013327790 (resized).jpgPXL_20220116_013327790 (resized).jpgPXL_20220116_013724310.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220116_013724310.MP (resized).jpg
#2377 2 years ago

For those who have these on route is your time incorrect as well? My midnight is set for 7pm...

20220115_121208 (resized).jpg20220115_121208 (resized).jpg
#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

As many others have said, the premium UV apron works fine with IC. Here is a pic of it installed on my Premium apron.
I do like the coin door option with that ability to have pinball life’s volume control though. [quoted image]

hopefully Stern have some artwork to put around that as it looks terrible as is.

#2379 2 years ago

I'm really hoping that Stern make logging into the game a lot better in their app. The scanning of QR codes whilst for the minority without smartphones is a good solution its not the best experience in my view.

Neil.

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I received the file for a coin door mount for the qr reader from mattosborn and made some modifications in order to accommodate a 4-way manual network switch. I've never worked with 3d printer files or anything before but I did my best to make something functional and plan on making additional changes, getting it re-printed, sanding it, and painting it with a hammered black spray paint to better match the coin door. I'm very happy with the result and it is certainly better than opening the coin door to change which game is "connected." Again, huge shout out to mattosborn for sharing his work. I'd also like to give another shoutout to KingVidiot for his explanation of how to configure a network switch to utilize a single qr reader between multiple machines.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome, I would be interested in that .stl if you’re sharing!

Could you take a pic with the coin door open to show how that all lines up? Any issues there?

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

That’s awesome, I would be interested in that .stl if you’re sharing!

Could you take a pic with the coin door open to show how that all lines up? Any issues there?

Here's a pic of inside the coin door. It actually worked out a lot cleaner than I expected. Each of the rightmost cat5 cables run to a connector in the head of each of my games.

I'll gladly share the .stl, but I just have a couple of tweaks I'd like to make and test for a "final" version before I do that.

20220116_231140 (resized).jpg20220116_231140 (resized).jpg
#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Here's a pic of inside the coin door. It actually worked out a lot cleaner than I expected. Each of the rightmost cat5 cables run to a connector in the head of each of my games.
I'll gladly share the .stl, but I just have a couple of tweaks I'd like to make and test for a "final" version before I do that.[quoted image]

Nice work, thanks for your work and sharing the file!

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Same with me. Mine hasn't worked since I got it new in box. I didn't know it was supposed to light up til a buddy told me it should.
Reset all the cables but the light just goes on for a sec then turns off.... what's the deal?

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

It's regular paper and it works great on the glass of my Godzilla. Probably because it's a large flat surface.

Quoted from Sammy31:

Same with me. Mine hasn't worked since I got it new in box. I didn't know it was supposed to light up til a buddy told me it should.
Reset all the cables but the light just goes on for a sec then turns off.... what's the deal?

I reached out to my distributor and Stern got back to him quickly. They want the scanner back so they can see what is failing. Sounds like it's a common issue.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I have one that never works and one that is flaky. Both flash during the boot cycles so I know the lights work. Wondering if there is some sort of firmware bug going on…….

#2386 2 years ago

Apologies if this has been asked but I didn't find it on searching the thread. Can you change your location name from <HANDLE>'s gameroom if you're a home user?

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRat:

Apologies if this has been asked but I didn't find it on searching the thread. Can you change your location name from <HANDLE>'s gameroom if you're a home user?

not yet but I believe this is coming soon.

#2388 2 years ago

Any intel on when the App will be developed. The browser site is kinda clunky... It was kinda distracting to hear the achievements pop up; but I'm getting used to it... def adds a lot & I feel it will help newer people learn the rules.

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Any intel on when the App will be developed. The browser site is kinda clunky... It was kinda distracting to hear the achievements pop up; but I'm getting used to it... def adds a lot & I feel it will help newer people learn the rules.

Stern has said nothing but they had a lot of stuff planned for 2022...

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'll gladly share the .stl, but I just have a couple of tweaks I'd like to make and test for a "final" version before I do that.[quoted image]

Great work sir. Glad to see you want to share your file in order to give something to the community.

But this is a super clean solution, i think it's even better than mounting in to the apron.

#2391 2 years ago

I know a few people have taken different approaches to the annoyance of pulling up your QR code on your phone each time - I opted for printing badges for me and my wife to match our Insider profiles - they read immediately and easy to hang from a lanyard next to the machine

67647B73-68F7-42F1-AB52-707A81F4BF87 (resized).jpeg67647B73-68F7-42F1-AB52-707A81F4BF87 (resized).jpeg
#2392 2 years ago

I just laminated mine.

20C7D096-FA53-4F55-84CC-1F122C377B64 (resized).jpeg20C7D096-FA53-4F55-84CC-1F122C377B64 (resized).jpeg
#2393 2 years ago

Have they said if they are going to be selling kits without the new apron? If I end up getting one it's not going on the apron anyways so I would prefer just the hardware without it.

#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Have they said if they are going to be selling kits without the new apron? If I end up getting one it's not going on the apron anyways so I would prefer just the hardware without it.

Guessing probably not.

#2395 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Stern hasn’t announced anything other than Pro or Premium kits with replacement aprons.

#2396 2 years ago

I got a pro kit and a premium. One had an apron, one did not. Same price.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Dang okay so even if it's without the apron it's still $200 anyways huh.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from purbeast:

Dang okay so even if it's without the apron it's still $200 anyways huh.

Bbbbbbbbingo

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

So: always buy the pro kit, sell the apron.

(Yeah I know, not all prems are able to mount the reader on the current apron)

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

So: always buy the pro kit, sell the apron.
(Yeah I know, not all prems are able to mount the reader on the current apron)

Lol the apron is worth 10 bucks what we’re all paying for is the code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Other
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/48?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.