B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 124.
#2301 2 years ago

Definitely going to wait for a coin door mod or something before installing it on my TMNT. Really don't like how it looks on the apron.

#2302 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Definitely going to wait for a coin door mod or something before installing it on my TMNT. Really don't like how it looks on the apron.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1295-gotfrogs/05569-stern-insider-connected-qr-code-reader-coin-door-mount

Screenshot_20220110-123821_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220110-123821_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2303 2 years ago

Has anyone had any problems with these kits......first thing i ran into was the qr reader being installed upside down on the apron, couldn't get rj45 cable to even plug in. And I continue to get node collision errors. I can log in with my qr code, and usually play a game or 2 before the lower node board goes out and I lose all lights and flippers, literally have to power cycle game as nothing works at that point, coin door buttons, flippers, start button, and all lower play field lights. Still waiting on contact from stern, but this is an Iron Maiden pro, updated to code 1.10. When i click on net to set up the Ic it literally goes in and out, saying qr code reader installed, then not installed, same with boot loader, like its not communicating, yet i can scan qr code to play game, it saves all my progress even when it still shows the technician alerts.

20220107_190511_resized (resized).jpg20220107_190511_resized (resized).jpg20220107_190616_resized (resized).jpg20220107_190616_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113200_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113200_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113218_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113218_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113301_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113301_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113305_resized (resized).jpg20220110_113305_resized (resized).jpg
#2304 2 years ago
Quoted from tbrownlee81:

Has anyone had any problems with these kits......first thing i ran into was the qr reader being installed upside down on the apron, couldn't get rj45 cable to even plug in. And I continue to get node collision errors. I can log in with my qr code, and usually play a game or 2 before the lower node board goes out and I lose all lights and flippers, literally have to power cycle game as nothing works at that point, coin door buttons, flippers, start button, and all lower play field lights. Still waiting on contact from stern, but this is an Iron Maiden pro, updated to code 1.10. When i click on net to set up the Ic it literally goes in and out, saying qr code reader installed, then not installed, same with boot loader, like its not communicating, yet i can scan qr code to play game, it saves all my progress even when it still shows the technician alerts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check your node board bus wiring and dip switches for the main node boards and ensure they match the manual.

Wonder if you accidentally made a loop

#2305 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Check your node board bus wiring and dip switches for the main node boards and ensure they match the manual.
Wonder if you accidentally made a loop

double checked that yesterday, everything appears correct, dip switch for node 8 set to off/off/off/off, node 9 set to off/off/on/off. No dip switch setting shown for node 4 which is the qr reader. wiring shows to be correct per manual. That's the first thing stern replied with, to check dip settings on node 8, just waiting on a reply back now.

#2308 2 years ago

Haha! Of course there is a version with that. Looks like I need to pay more attention. They even have one compatible with the pinball life version of the volume controls. Awesome!

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from tbrownlee81:

double checked that yesterday, everything appears correct, dip switch for node 8 set to off/off/off/off, node 9 set to off/off/on/off. No dip switch setting shown for node 4 which is the qr reader. wiring shows to be correct per manual. That's the first thing stern replied with, to check dip settings on node 8, just waiting on a reply back now.

Yeah no other suggestion except to double check the node bus wires.. the blue wires in this diagram. IM Pro is just the the two node drivers and the cabinet board. Should be very straight forward. Make sure the RJ-45s match the blue lines in the diagram. One bus to the cabinet board.. one bus to node9 at top of PF, then next jack to node8 near trough, next jack to QR reader (not shown on diagram)

Screen Shot 2022-01-10 at 4.24.30 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-01-10 at 4.24.30 PM (resized).png

And maybe swipe the dip switches fully both directions to make sure they are fully in their correct position.

#2310 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah no other suggestion except to double check the node bus wires.. the blue wires in this diagram. IM Pro is just the the two node drivers and the cabinet board. Should be very straight forward. Make sure the RJ-45s match the blue lines in the diagram. One bus to the cabinet board.. one bus to node9 at top of PF, then next jack to node8 near trough, next jack to QR reader (not shown on diagram)
[quoted image]
And maybe swipe the dip switches fully both directions to make sure they are fully in their correct position.

I am going to double check that the cables are plugged correctly into each node....i/e CN4/CN5. Not sure what you mean by swipe dips fully both directions.....

#2311 2 years ago

where are folks getting the kits from?

#2312 2 years ago
Quoted from BaxterStockman:

Oh that's great! But then I can't use my volume nob and headphone jack.

If you contact the seller he has made custom ones for other customers for this very reason

#2313 2 years ago
Quoted from tbrownlee81:

I am going to double check that the cables are plugged correctly into each node....i/e CN4/CN5. Not sure what you mean by swipe dips fully both directions.....

Move each dip switch to the opposite position and back again.. to ensure you have it fully engaged in the intended position.

#2314 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Got my kits from ZMeny at FlipNOut pinball

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I stole mine from Godzilla! I did manage to get one from Coin Taker and have another order outstanding with another seller. Hopefully they start shipping in larger quantities this week. I would at lest sign up to be notified when they are in stock at Marco.

#2316 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Move each dip switch to the opposite position and back again.. to ensure you have it fully engaged in the intended position.

Sorry I'm kind of new to this, but I can't find anything resembling a dip switch on this game. Any idea where they are? Read and re-read manual and don't see anything there either

20220110_191448 (resized).jpg20220110_191448 (resized).jpg
#2317 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Got my kits from ZMeny at FlipNOut pinball

You must be a better customer than me. I ordered one from him several months ago and have still not received it!

#2318 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

You must be a better customer than me. I ordered one from him several months ago and have still not received it!

I ordered for my location games. Kits for operators were supposed to be first priority, then home collectors next.

#2319 2 years ago
Quoted from tbrownlee81:

Sorry I'm kind of new to this, but I can't find anything resembling a dip switch on this game. Any idea where they are? Read and re-read manual and don't see anything there either

On the two node boards (node 8 and 9)... where you said you checked them previously. "everything appears correct, dip switch for node 8 set to off/off/off/off, node 9 set to off/off/on/off."

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

On the node boards... where you said you checked them previously. "everything appears correct, dip switch for node 8 set to off/off/off/off, node 9 set to off/off/on/off."

Sorry I was going off what the display showed, not the actual dips on the nodes. Lifted play field and I see them now. Gonna try it

And unfortunately it didn't make a difference

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Just know you aren’t alone. I’ve been checking the mail more often than normal . I was told last week they were expecting a large shipment any day now and will get them out ASAP.

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Just know you aren’t alone. I’ve been checking the mail more often than normal . I was told last week they were expecting a large shipment any day now and will get them out ASAP.

On his most recent podcast (jan 3) he said that he has orders from customers for hundreds but has received only one hundred...

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from tbrownlee81:

Sorry I'm kind of new to this, but I can't find anything resembling a dip switch on this game. Any idea where they are? Read and re-read manual and don't see anything there either [quoted image]

Aren't these switches?

Screenshot_20220111-001637_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220111-001637_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Aren't these switches?
[quoted image]

They are, but I was looking for the dip switches on the nodes, not the cpu, which I found, but thanks

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

I just got my invoice email from Flip N Out so I assume that means they are getting ready to ship their first allotment of kits. I preordered with Zach at Chicago expo at the end of October. He has a ton of preorders since he's one of the largest distributors. Zach and Nicole are working as fast as they can to get them out to us!

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I believe yours shipped out yesterday Appreciate the patience as Stern slowly rolls them out. We anticipate another large supply by the end of the month.

#2327 2 years ago

Has anyone had an issue installing an insider connected kit on a Black Knight LE? I know it is a little different since it doesn’t have an interlock switch, but outside of that I don’t know that there are any differences.

My scanner will not scan on this one. I have done three others with no issue. If I unplug the RJ45 it detects the scanner is unplugged immediately, but it won’t ever scan a QR code otherwise.

#2328 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I believe yours shipped out yesterday Appreciate the patience as Stern slowly rolls them out. We anticipate another large supply by the end of the month.

That’s a bummer mean’s mine won’t be here for awhile. Now I’m waiting on a GZ Prem and 2 IC kits from you. Time to to step up the service Zach. Just kidding I’m a very patient man.

#2329 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I just got my invoice email from Flip N Out so I assume that means they are getting ready to ship their first allotment of kits. I preordered with Zach at Chicago expo at the end of October. He has a ton of preorders since he's one of the largest distributors. Zach and Nicole are working as fast as they can to get them out to us!

Quoted from ZMeny:

Ahh my pre-order was beginning of Nov so I must not have made the cut for the first batch. Appreciate the insight.

#2330 2 years ago

So I finally got my insider account upgraded to Pro for my locations. Now I am unable to unregister my Godzilla from my regular IC account, after which I can register with the Pro account.
I did it once, before I had a Pro account, and in the history it shows registration, and unregistered in Nov. 21’. But I re-registered after that, and it IS online since then, but not Pro.
Anyone have any advice or expertise with this, or email Stern?
Kind of alarming to me that It is suddenly unable to unregister, especially if they start trying to charge commercial OPs. But I guess I can always just remove the wifi dongle or something, hopefully.

#2331 2 years ago

Anybody get an estimate on when kits will be available for a stranger things pro with the UV kit?

#2332 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

So I finally got my insider account upgraded to Pro for my locations. Now I am unable to unregister my Godzilla from my regular IC account, after which I can register with the Pro account.
I did it once, before I had a Pro account, and in the history it shows registration, and unregistered in Nov. 21’. But I re-registered after that, and it IS online since then, but not Pro.
Anyone have any advice or expertise with this, or email Stern?
Kind of alarming to me that It is suddenly unable to unregister, especially if they start trying to charge commercial OPs. But I guess I can always just remove the wifi dongle or something, hopefully.

I had to set my games up to “coz’s gameroom” and then transfer them to the location. Don’t know if that helps with your problem

Contact stern if you have problems

75759ECC-40B7-4BAD-B94A-3673386142FE (resized).jpeg75759ECC-40B7-4BAD-B94A-3673386142FE (resized).jpeg
#2333 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody get an estimate on when kits will be available for a stranger things pro with the UV kit?

stranger things pro uv apron already has a cutout for the insider connected kit. You can take the insider connected kit out of the new apron and install the reader in your uv apron (only 2 screws) That’s what I did

#2334 2 years ago

When I looked at mine the other day I was looking for it where the premium cutout is... I guess it's under the price card instead?

#2335 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

When I looked at mine the other day I was looking for it where the premium cutout is... I guess it's under the price card instead?

it’s under the right side sticker, above the price card. The sticker is easily peeled back, just use a sharpe knife or blade to slightly peel up a corner then gently peel it back off.

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I had to set my games up to “coz’s gameroom” and then transfer them to the location. Don’t know if that helps with your problem

Yeah, mine are registered to “DNOs gameroom”, but no way to transfer.
I’ll contact Stern, what a PITA!
Doubt I will be connecting more games if this is the way they keep it.

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

it’s under the right side sticker, above the price card. The sticker is easily peeled back, just use a sharpe knife or blade to slightly peel up a corner then gently peel it back off.

Has anybody installed one with a UV kit that can confirm that it works? Stern says that the pro kit isn't compatible with the pro + UV.

#2338 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Has anybody installed one with a UV kit that can confirm that it works? Stern says that the pro kit isn't compatible with the pro + UV.

I did. Works fine

Also check out the stranger things owners thread

#2339 2 years ago

Thanks!

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:Has anybody installed one with a UV kit that can confirm that it works? Stern says that the pro kit isn't compatible with the pro + UV.

Mine works fine too. I only don't use the wifi adapter but have my machines connected via a network cable to my switch.

Have you updated to version 1.05?, added the uSD card? Is the white led turning on on the reader (first bright, after it initializes it gets a bit dim).

#2341 2 years ago

I don't have one yet, I just wanted to confirm it works as stern still says no kits available for stranger things with a UV kit. Now the tough part is I can't find a pro kit in stock!

#2342 2 years ago

Chalkey because you have the apron already, you can use a pro or premium kit. Just buy what you can find available.

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I don't have one yet, I just wanted to confirm it works as stern still says no kits available for stranger things with a UV kit. Now the tough part is I can't find a pro kit in stock!

It's because they don't want to say, "sure, just move the QR reader to the UV apron" and have people damage them. It's just a CYA thing. I moved my Stranger Things Pro IC QR reader over to my Premium UV apron. Just 2 standoffs and 2 lock nuts. Easy peasy.

#2344 2 years ago

waiting for my kit, but it may take some longer

i have some questions, that i could not figure out.
is a wifi-dongle essential? can the setup run without it, if it is only connected via cable?

when a switch is used to connect several machines with one scanner, is it essential that the scanner is connect before booting? or will the the machine find it after some time on the bus? like when you forgot to swtich over.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

waiting for my kit, but it may take some longer

i have some questions, that i could not figure out.
is a wifi-dongle essential? can the setup run without it, if it is only connected via cable?

when a switch is used to connect several machines with one scanner, is it essential that the scanner is connect before booting? or will the the machine find it after some time on the bus? like when you forgot to swtich over.

If you are talking about a wired internet connection? Then yes.

And the QR scanner does NOT need to be connected before boot. I have 3 machines on, and can cycle between them easily using a manual network switch.

#2346 2 years ago

So confused about strangers things with UV kit. I have a premium with UV kit - can I and should I use a standard premium kit for it or is there a different stern design coming?

#2347 2 years ago

Got my pro kit from FlipNOut. No issues updating and also installed coin door mount. Works great.
Thanks ZMeny and Gotfrogs !

#2348 2 years ago

Best news of the day!

61C5B2A3-4965-45B4-8417-095E8079E0BA (resized).jpeg61C5B2A3-4965-45B4-8417-095E8079E0BA (resized).jpeg
#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

So confused about strangers things with UV kit. I have a premium with UV kit - can I and should I use a standard premium kit for it or is there a different stern design coming?

I'd order the premium kit, but if you are planning to use the QR cutout under the apron card on the right, you will be moving the QR reader from either kit to your current apron.

#2350 2 years ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Got my pro kit from FlipNOut. No issues updating and also installed coin door mount. Works great.
Thanks ZMeny and Gotfrogs !

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Best news of the day![quoted image]

I also got my shipping notification! I'm not sure if I want to use the apron or front door mount. On the JP Prem it has the lit up art of a Jeep/Truck that I would lose.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
St. Augustine, FL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.