B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 124.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

I've had no luck on my pros trying to link them with the same switcher and sd card to try SiC while i waited on a pro kit...I thought it was a pro vs premium qr reader thing as I have a gdz premium..But that notion went out the window after trying it on ehoh. I've done a full update, new sd card image and I can now connect my imdn to SiC but I don't have node boArd 9 seen so no upper lights.. Not sure what I'm missing but I see you guys having this working is making me jealous ..I may just call it quites and take it as I sign to wait..arghh

Are you using the same switch? And making sure you are using straight through utp cable?

Did you add the micro sd card to your other games?

Just make it work through your switcher to your Godzilla first. That will help isolate your issue and confirm your switch is good. Then add another output and move Godzilla to that and repeat. Then you have a known good switch and output. Then swap the cable to elvira. If it doesn’t work, check where you plugged it in, that they have the required software and micro sd

#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Proud to be a cheap motherf***** sharing one scanner w/ 3 games. Thanks jurulz for pioneering the switcher technique. Happy New Year!

If you want to be an ultra cheap MF'r you would do it without a switch. Just put a coupler on the end of the IC Connect cable and manually connect each machine as needed.

#2203 2 years ago

I tried an rj45 coupler and even pulled the full apron over and used the cable I had on gdz..All fresh sd cards and recently the sandisk ones like we saw posted even the same 25ft cable that was stickied..I'm wondering if the updates didn't update the node boards..I followed their SiC install video..It's not like I'm not techy either..Totally stumped.. Last resort is cloning the micro sd card from gdz..But what I'm reading your game should be load the bootloader itself to a fat32 fresh micro sd card..I thought a fresh sd image from stern would have solved it but no dice..I even tried a full update when I updated the first time..I assume once the kit is seen, which it is with the sd card and all it re routes the node 9 to work correctly..I'll give it ago again tomorrow directly from the gdz apron to eliminate as much variables as possible..I know the new cables and switch work as I tested them on my gdz prem.

#2204 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you using the same switch? And making sure you are using straight through utp cable?
Did you add the micro sd card to your other games?
Just make it work through your switcher to your Godzilla first. That will help isolate your issue and confirm your switch is good. Then add another output and move Godzilla to that and repeat. Then you have a known good switch and output. Then swap the cable to elvira. If it doesn’t work, check where you plugged it in, that they have the required software and micro sd

#2205 2 years ago

Are you using the same

#2206 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

I've had no luck on my pros trying to link them with the same switcher and sd card to try SiC while i waited on a pro kit...I thought it was a pro vs premium qr reader thing as I have a gdz premium..But that notion went out the window after trying it on ehoh. I've done a full update, new sd card image and I can now connect my imdn to SiC but I don't have node boArd 9 seen so no upper lights.. Not sure what I'm missing but I see you guys having this working is making me jealous ..I may just call it quites and take it as I sign to wait..arghh

Have you got the machine a Wi-Fi dongle or a hard wired Ethernet connection?

#2207 2 years ago

You shouldn’t need to clone the sdcard as the game formats them on boot.

#2208 2 years ago

If it hasn't been posted yet here's what the premium IC kit looks like. No full apron. Do all the premium aprons have these cutouts?

20220101_083318.jpg20220101_083318.jpg
#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If it hasn't been posted yet here's what the premium IC kit looks like. No full apron. Do all the premium aprons have these cutouts?
[quoted image]

Batman66 did not.

Are you installing IC in a Gator?

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Have you got the machine a Wi-Fi dongle or a hard wired Ethernet connection?

Using the cankit wifi dongle..It's connected to the stern network tested the the connection. Date updated and it even loads achievements but leaves node boArd 9 not seen.. The other games I own didn't make it as far as imdn..The others don't see the kit as i updating them the same way as the the stern video..When I revert back to gdz it updates the node 4 for that game..Same for imdn but doesn't see node 9 when the qr reader is connected ..But it does when I remove in plug the original ethernet back in. Something didn't update to route them properly it seems..

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

Using the cankit wifi dongle..It's connected to the stern network tested the the connection. Date updated and it even loads achievements but leaves node boArd 9 not seen.. The other games I own didn't make it as far as imdn..The others don't see the kit as i updating them the same way as the the stern video..When I revert back to gdz it updates the node 4 for that game..Same for imdn but doesn't see node 9 when the qr reader is connected ..But it does when I remove in plug the original ethernet back in. Something didn't update to route them properly it seems..

did you ensure you updated IMDN with the right version of the software (pro vs premium)? I had a similar node board error on my Aerosmith Pro after adding IC...but then realized it was because I had mistakenly used the Premium software (and it was not finding the additional node board in the premium...)

When I reinstalled the correct Pro software everything worked fine.

#2212 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

Do you have any tech alerts in the operator menu?

#2213 2 years ago

Yes node boArd 9 not initiated when the qr is plugged in..Then none when I remove it and it finds node 9.

#2214 2 years ago

anybody try and connect a WiFi dongle to their machine without the insider connect to see if you can connect and get code updates?

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

anybody try and connect a WiFi dongle to their machine without the insider connect to see if you can connect and get code updates?

No it will not work sadly

#2216 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

Yes node boArd 9 not initiated when the qr is plugged in..Then none when I remove it and it finds node 9.

Which version if the code did you use?

#2217 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Which version if the code did you use?

1.10 Last one stern had via USB and even a fresh sd image was my last resort..No difference

#2218 2 years ago

For imdn node boArd test when plugged in normal without the qr it displays the following. Cpu is at 0.50 and the rest are the same version as code node 9..This is what I see when I remove the qr and have no errors.. When I add the qr back in it says node 9 not initiated even after a bus test.

16410577131601566240229242853570 (resized).jpg16410577131601566240229242853570 (resized).jpg16410577517551323188291226561353 (resized).jpg16410577517551323188291226561353 (resized).jpg

#2219 2 years ago

Installed gotfrogs coin door QR code reader with the pinball life headphone kit on MY EHOH. Used the scanner from my Godzilla to try it out and it's works and looks great.

20220101_122447 (resized).jpg20220101_122447 (resized).jpg
#2220 2 years ago

Docquest, I am glad you are happy with it. Thanks for sharing a picture. Game looks great. Now go get all 69 of those Elvira achievements!

#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

For imdn node boArd test when plugged in normal without the qr it displays the following. Cpu is at 0.50 and the rest are the same version as code node 9..This is what I see when I remove the qr and have no errors.. When I add the qr back in it says node 9 not initiated even after a bus test.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My maiden (premium) had a terminator in the node board closest to the qr spot that I removed and went through that jack. Not sure if pro is same or if you saw or removed any terminator plugs? I ran a wire from Godzilla pro qr reader direct to my other games to do my first update and saw no issues or errors. Hope this helps, best of luck!

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

My maiden (premium) had a terminator in the node board closest to the qr spot that I removed and went through that jack. Not sure if pro is same or if you saw or removed any terminator plugs? I ran a wire from Godzilla pro qr reader direct to my other games to do my first update and saw no issues or errors. Hope this helps, best of luck!

Thanks for the tip..My imdn pro had a cable in my case..I plugged the qr reader in the same location it has in the vid..Closest to the coin door left side.

#2223 2 years ago

Issue resolved thanks to @TrixTrix. For the dm to check the cabinet wiring against the manual..My cabinet rj45 went to my node8 then from there to node 9..So when I plugged in my qr I lost node 9 as that line went there..If you guys have the same issue check the wiring and dip switches..My dips were fine just the wrong routing from factory..All working now..Thanks again TrixTrix!

16410686868511807073700288024561 (resized).jpg16410686868511807073700288024561 (resized).jpg

#2224 2 years ago

Ugh - one of my games isn’t recognizing any micro SD card I insert. I wonder if one of the contact pins is jacked in the port? Has anyone ever tried to fix one of these or does the CPU node have to go to Stern for repair?

#2225 2 years ago

get the board out and check it over with a magnifying glass - also try putting in one formatted by another game.

#2226 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ugh - one of my games isn’t recognizing any micro SD card I insert. I wonder if one of the contact pins is jacked in the port? Has anyone ever tried to fix one of these or does the CPU node have to go to Stern for repair?

Are the cards fat32 formatted?

#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from DonnyBrsco:

Are the cards fat32 formatted?

I’ve tried 2 different cards - both from Insider Connected kits. Usually when you put the card in the slot, it immediately detects it and reformats it.

#2228 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Installed gotfrogs coin door QR code reader with the pinball life headphone kit on MY EHOH. Used the scanner from my Godzilla to try it out and it's works and looks great.
[quoted image]

That’s sweet. I install the pinball life sound control/headphone jack with my machines. It was my resistance to considering mounting the scanner on the coin door. This allows for both. Brilliant.

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

get the board out and check it over with a magnifying glass - also try putting in one formatted by another game.

Tried the micro SD card from GZ - didn’t work. Pulled the board and looked it over - couldn’t see any solder issues. I’ll email Stern and see what ideas they might have.

#2230 2 years ago

There’s no reason Stern can’t allow existing games (Spike but pre IC) to connect using just a WiFi dongle and a unique QR code for the machine. Surely, in the early stages, the goal is to get as many people as possible connected, not to make a few bucks off the IC kits. All new games from now on will be ic connected by default, so there’s no harm in grandfathering older games just to grow the online community as much as possible.

#2231 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Batman66 did not.

I can't figure out where to install the SD card.

#2232 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

It goes in this slot circled in green.

C1DFA55B-582B-4AA3-8424-C26B57D3B06A (resized).pngC1DFA55B-582B-4AA3-8424-C26B57D3B06A (resized).png
#2233 2 years ago

Got my kit installed in Guardians Pro, and I really dig it a lot!

The install went super smooth for me. I had already signed up for an account but my wife was able to use the QR code on the machine to sign up pretty easily and earn our first achievements.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Batman66 did not.

Quoted from Gotfrogs:

It goes in this slot circled in green.[quoted image]

(On gator)

#2235 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Updated the DBV plate model for the QR code reader. Haven't printed it yet, as I don't even have an IC kit yet. If anyone wants to try it out, just PM me with your email address and I'll send you the STL file. Enjoy.
[quoted image]

I printed this stl file for a friend of mine and it came out very nice. I like that it's raised in the middle to be flush with the outside of the coin door rather than being recessed. A couple of coats of black "hammered" paint makes it look just right. I still had a full can in my garage from back when I used to restore games. (The black works great on all things to do with modern coin doors and the silver is great for restoring old rusty EM legs.)

20220102_133215 (resized).jpg20220102_133215 (resized).jpg
#2236 2 years ago

Has anyone had issues with the camera out of the box? Ordered 3 pro kits. 2 out of the 3 installed/worked fine. On the one that didn’t work, the QR reader won’t scan the QR code to register the game.

#2237 2 years ago

Anyone else get the server down message on insider?

#2238 2 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

Anyone else get the server down message on insider?

Yup, same here, Error 500, hopefully their servers are not hacked.. there were 2 critical advisories last month, one for Apache Log4j and the other for Windows domain permissions elevation..

#2239 2 years ago

It's been down for almost ten hours at this point...

#2240 2 years ago

And... still down. Stern must be watching these awesome early NFL games!

#2241 2 years ago

I got my kits today and installed one only to get kicked in the nuts with a server error 500 message.

1FA2591F-6079-42A0-9B22-D62D02D84268 (resized).jpeg1FA2591F-6079-42A0-9B22-D62D02D84268 (resized).jpegBC1DD83D-837E-40FF-BCA6-11CD4EB9C65F (resized).jpegBC1DD83D-837E-40FF-BCA6-11CD4EB9C65F (resized).jpeg

#2242 2 years ago

Well, I was just now able to log into the Insider webpage. I wasn't able to earlier.

#2243 2 years ago

Yassssss! It’s back up! YAY

#2244 2 years ago

They are probably updating for a big rollout for the CES launch and maybe screwed the pooch

#2245 2 years ago

Anyone know when Flip n out will start shipping?

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Anyone know when Flip n out will start shipping?

I’m also wondering this… Game exchange already started shipping their kits.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I’m also wondering this… Game exchange already started shipping their kits.

Ha figures….that’s like 2 miles from my house. Their site now says 4-6 weeks.

#2248 2 years ago

yay i got Deadpool registered and of course hit a bundle of achievements on the first game. Now it’ll be more work to get the others. So much fun!

#2249 2 years ago

What's the install like on the premiums? Is there a blank plate there that unscrews? Couldn't get up to my location as they had a covid shutdown and now weather.

#2250 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What's the install like on the premiums? Is there a blank plate there that unscrews? Couldn't get up to my location as they had a covid shutdown and now weather.

Most premiums have a triangular plastic installed in each upper corner. You just need a nut driver to remove the 3 nuts securing each plastic .

Then you put the IC scanner where the plastic was, connect the cat 5 cable between the scanner and the node board under the playfield and insert the micronSD card in the slot on the bottom of the.main CPU.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/45 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.