Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240303-210002 (resized).png
Screenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240303-160259 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240303-160308 (resized).png
IMG_7516 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240302-195526 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 123.
#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My insider connected kit is just a generic pro apron. Where do I get new stickers?

Their instruction video shows removing the stickers from your old one and transferring them to the new one.

Granted, I've never tried it, but I can't imagine that would end well.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Their instruction video shows removing the stickers from your old one and transferring them to the new one.
Granted, I've never tried it, but I can't imagine that would end well.

The video shows a new sticker sheet as well???

4B378A9A-CA79-4FE6-B2B0-D7CE28354B00 (resized).jpeg4B378A9A-CA79-4FE6-B2B0-D7CE28354B00 (resized).jpeg
#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

Oopsie.

"Do as I say, not as I do." -Stern

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

My insider connected kit is just a generic pro apron. Where do I get new stickers?

The ones from your old apron peel off easily and stick to the new apron nicely too. That’s what I did.

8C0B8C21-14B5-476D-8AAC-86AE5F370D15 (resized).jpeg8C0B8C21-14B5-476D-8AAC-86AE5F370D15 (resized).jpeg
#1955 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

[quoted image]

I would call Stern directly and have them mail you the stickers... As a side note, the apron stickers are really thick and are easy to apply and not too tough to transfer.

#1956 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Where'd you get the speaker panel art?

Probably from Wizardmod, the best place for blades etc.

#1957 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

The ones from your old apron peel off easily and stick to the new apron nicely too. That’s what I did.
[quoted image]

Quoted from John_I:

As a side note, the apron stickers are really thick and are easy to apply and not too tough to transfer.

Thanks for the help. My games are out on location, so I don’t have them readily available. I’ll have to stop by later and do the install.

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Thanks for the help. My games are out on location, so I don’t have them readily available. I’ll have to stop by later and do the install.

Forgot to mention they are getting stickers together for me as well but I didn’t want to wait

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I'm up and loving it! Huge improvement for turtles. It allows you to continue where you left off on levels of turtles, completely changing the game! It went from a good game to a great game.
[quoted image]

Keeping levels is pretty damn cool.

#1960 2 years ago

Aerosmith update:

I have been PM'ing with someone who I think is connected with Stern. I won't name this individual, but this person indicated the issue is in the setup of the microSD.

If you have a machine that is rebooting during attract modes, and you have access to a Godzilla, swap the microSD cards between the machines.

What I did was take a new microSD card and inserted it in Godzilla and let that machine format the microSD card. Once it completed, I took that card out and put the original card back in and then I put the new card in Aerosmith.

I verified that Aerosmith was still connected to Insider and then I just pulled up a chair and waited. I haven't seen it restart since I changed the microSD card.

#1961 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Thanks for the info. Did you use a hairdryer or anything else to loosen them? or just grab a corner and start peeling?

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Thanks for the info. Did you use a hairdryer or anything else to loosen them? or just grab a corner and start peeling?

I just I just grabbed a corner and peeled them off. They are pretty durable and the adhesive seemed plenty strong still.

#1963 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I just I just grabbed a corner and peeled them off. They are pretty durable and the adhesive seemed plenty strong still

Excellent. Thanks.

#1964 2 years ago

Installing in one of my two TMNT pros on route tonight!

#1965 2 years ago

The instructions say that the IC kits are supposed to come with replacement stickers. At this point they do not and Stern has not communicated a plan to my distributor to get them out. Since my distributor is terrible, that's where I am. I will contact stern and they will ask "why aren't you going through your distributor" like they always do and hopefully send them to me anyways.

#1966 2 years ago

I'm working on adding them to Keg and Coin.
A buddy runs Leaderboard who shall add more too.

20211212_214822 (resized).jpg20211212_214822 (resized).jpg20211212_214850 (resized).jpg20211212_214850 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211212-214355_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211212-214355_Brave (resized).jpg

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The instructions say that the IC kits are supposed to come with replacement stickers. At this point they do not and Stern has not communicated a plan to my distributor to get them out. Since my distributor is terrible, that's where I am. I will contact stern and they will ask "why aren't you going through your distributor" like they always do and hopefully send them to me anyways.

I'd get to know more distros, some I buy parts from some I trade games to.

#1968 2 years ago

My very quick unboxing video!

#1969 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My very quick unboxing video!

That's now the third type of USB wifi adaptor i've seen. They must have added drivers to be compatible with a few different chipsets. Good news if one goes bad and needs to be replaced.

#1970 2 years ago

I wonder when I should expect mine from Flip N Out; I ordered about a month ago?

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

That's now the third type of USB wifi adaptor i've seen. They must have added drivers to be compatible with a few different chipsets. Good news if one goes bad and needs to be replaced.

Yeah all three so far have been different chipsets

Panda dual antenna - Ralink RT5572
Canakit - Ralink 5370
now Startech - Realtek - RTL8188EUS

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I wonder when I should expect mine from Flip N Out; I ordered about a month ago?

Unless you're an operator i'd expect 2022. Zach has said that multiple times. I'm guessing the cointaker kits might have slipped through the cracks to home users but were intended for operators.

#1973 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Unless you're an operator i'd expect 2022. Zach has said that multiple times. I'm guessing the cointaker kits might have slipped through the cracks to home users but were intended for operators.

Cool... lol I'm patient happy to wait; not bitching.

#1974 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I ordered a couple kits from Zach. I got a kit last week. When they are ready to ship, he’ll send you an email invoice to pay for them.

#1975 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I ordered a couple kits from Zach. I got a kit last week. When they are ready to ship, he’ll send you an email invoice to pay for them.

Cool... I already paid I'm hoping to get it possibly by February.

#1976 2 years ago

Fellow operators: how long did it take to get your pro application status approved? Sent it through yesterday and I haven’t heard back from stern. Just curious as I want to get a location game setup on insider connected

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah all three so far have been different chipsets
Panda dual antenna - Ralink RT5572
Canakit - Ralink 5370
now Startech - Realtek - RTL8188EUS

The game I looked had wireless drivers for: ath6kl, brcmfmac, 8188eu, 8192eu, and 8812bu. More could be added with updates...

#1978 2 years ago

Having an issue getting Deadpool pro to recognize the wifi USB adapter. Anyone else have an issue like this? I installed a kit fine on jurassic Park pro and it's working. I even swapped the USB wifi adapters, and both work on jurassic but neither are detected on Deadpool. The USB ports are fine as it can detect a USB stick with code on it. Talking to stern support about it. Thought I'd see if anyone here has fixed it yet.

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Having an issue getting Deadpool pro to recognize the wifi USB adapter. Anyone else have an issue like this? I installed a kit fine on jurassic Park pro and it's working. I even swapped the USB wifi adapters, and both work on jurassic but neither are detected on Deadpool. The USB ports are fine as it can detect a USB stick with code on it. Talking to stern support about it. Thought I'd see if anyone here has fixed it yet.

This is probably a bad suggestion, but my Jurassic park didn’t recognize it at first but then I moved the Wifi adapter over to the other port with the power on and it magically Worked.

#1980 2 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Probably a dumber question, but do you have 1.06 code installed?

I was able to get IC working on my Deadpool premium on 1.06 code using the scanner from my GZ.

#1981 2 years ago

Just installed a retrofit kit on Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) and I'm not seeing the Net menu. I noticed that game hasn't gotten an update since August whereas several games got updates around Thanksgiving to add achievements. Is Guardians not ready yet? Seems odd they are selling kits for games that haven't gotten the necessary updates yet (and no decals included in this kit either....)

#1982 2 years ago

Guardians is not online yet

They can’t do decals on these retro kits as they are not game specific. How do they know what game you are installing it on? The decals are easy to transfer over

#1983 2 years ago

Anyone installed this on IMDN yet? The RJ-45 connector they want you to connect the QR reader to is already occupied connecting Node 8,9. Not sure where else I could connect this.

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone installed this on IMDN yet? The RJ-45 connector they want you to connect the QR reader to is already occupied connecting Node 8,9. Not sure where else I could connect this.

Please post what you figure out or find out here- I’ve got two kits arriving Thursday, and wanted to install one on IMDN…

#1985 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

You will have a small plug in the last node board in the chain. You unplug that terminator and plug in there. Should still be the node board by the trough. One plug will be the rj45 running back towards the head of the game (to node 9) the other will have a small terminator in the jack. you replace the terminator with your new wire.

#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Just installed a retrofit kit on Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) and I'm not seeing the Net menu. I noticed that game hasn't gotten an update since August whereas several games got updates around Thanksgiving to add achievements. Is Guardians not ready yet?

Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Guardians is not online yet

When you're logged in to the Insider Connected website you can pull up a full array of supported & "coming soon" games. This is what it presently looks like -- the grayed-out games at the bottom don't have IC support at the moment due to licensing/other issues.
stern_ic_games.jpgstern_ic_games.jpg

#1987 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

You can plug it into the open spot on the board in the back box. Just use a longer cat5 cable.

0EF44ED0-99B7-48C9-8372-0178C6BB1A13 (resized).png0EF44ED0-99B7-48C9-8372-0178C6BB1A13 (resized).png
#1988 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

You can plug it into the open spot on the board in the back box. Just use a longer cat5 cable.[quoted image]

which if you have a topper would be occupied.

Are you sure that this node board at the flipper end of the playfield doesn't have an empty socket? Some of them have like a terminator without a proper cable in them.

image-36 (resized).pngimage-36 (resized).png

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

They can’t do decals on these retro kits as they are not game specific. How do they know what game you are installing it on? The decals are easy to transfer over

I thought I had to specify the game when buying but I guess I remembered that wrong. Would not be terribly difficult to have sold them game specific though. We had originally heard these aprons were gonna have art and everything so it's a bit lackluster on that front compared to Godzilla's apron. You're right about decal removal, I was nervous to do it but they are sturdy and the adhesive stayed on to transfer. Now I just have to hide the reader until they update code since this game is on location.

#1990 2 years ago

I ordered a prem/le kit in October and just got a notice it shipped last night.

#1991 2 years ago

Coz it only took a day or two for me. I think it will still work the same for the end users set up as a home account and you can transfer it over once they approve your pro.

#1992 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Coz it only took a day or two for me. I think it will still work the same for the end users set up as a home account and you can transfer it over once they approve your pro.

Thanks-

Evan Kirby at Stern has been helping me out. If you need anything as an operator, reach out to him at:

Evan Kirby
Director of North American Commercial Sales
Stern Pinball, Inc
2001 Lunt Avenue
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-5605
USA
Email – [email protected]
www.SternPinball.com

#1993 2 years ago

nevermind

#1994 2 years ago
Quoted from Killtacular:

I ordered a prem/le kit in October and just got a notice it shipped last night.

Which distributer and are you an operator or home user?

#1995 2 years ago
Quoted from gblack:

Which distributer and are you an operator or home user?

Nitro; home user. I definitely ordered the prem/le, invoice confirms, so we'll see if they sent me the right one.

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Please post what you figure out or find out here- I’ve got two kits arriving Thursday, and wanted to install one on IMDN…

I ended up running a 6 foot cat-5 cable to an open port near the back of the playfield. Contrary to what people are suggesting, no, there are no terminator plugs in the ports near the trough. This cabinet is quite old from 2018, so perhaps things have changed a bit since then.

#1997 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I'm not sure it matters as long as it's an empty RJ45. I plugged the reader from my Godzilla table into two different plugs for the same node board between Godzilla and Jurassic Park with no problems.

#1998 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I ended up running a 6 foot cat-5 cable to an open port near the back of the playfield. Contrary to what people are suggesting, no, there are no terminator plugs in the ports near the trough. This cabinet is quite old from 2018, so perhaps things have changed a bit since then.

Look at the other boards - there will be an open one Maybe someone rerouted the bus wires.

#1999 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Look at the other boards - there will be an open one Maybe someone rerouted the bus wires.

I don’t think so. I looked on a friends IM LE and found the same. I will look again tonight.

#2000 2 years ago

flynnibus it looks like you were correct. I found a free node board port on my friends machine. There was also a green cat5 cable so I am guessing somebody changes the routing for some reason.

9003B1AA-A0FC-4E82-9148-E4F7846D105B (resized).jpeg9003B1AA-A0FC-4E82-9148-E4F7846D105B (resized).jpegFD4AC7D1-6739-4D75-9D60-D2C49E4EDE8C (resized).jpegFD4AC7D1-6739-4D75-9D60-D2C49E4EDE8C (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
There are 6,110 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 123.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/40?hl=timmmmyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.