B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 124.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

Amis anyone still getting the “server loop back: no connection” error” still?
It’s been like that on mine for 2 days and did the reseat, reset and power cycle tasks already… thanks

Yep mine too. Been emailing with stern for two days and can’t get it to work

#1902 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What do you guys like about the insider connect? I have it on my GZ and lost interest using it. It seems like more hassle than it’s worth. What am I missing?

Gomez has mentioned that there is much more coming in the future for insider connected… just be patient. Achievement hunting is super fun, can’t wait to see what else they do with this.

#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Yep mine too. Been emailing with stern for two days and can’t get it to work

Hopefully an issue with their website as I heard lots of AWS hosted sites have had issues in the past 2 days

#1904 2 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

What do you guys like about the insider connect? I have it on my GZ and lost interest using it. It seems like more hassle than it’s worth. What am I missing?

I kind of like but I wouldn’t pay full price for the kits on my other games. There is a wow factor with the family and friends when achievements happen but not sure how long it’ll last
But if it allows for DLC of new modes, music then it’s a path I may take on my other pins

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyway to share a QR reader between two games across the room from each other without running a cat5 cable across the floor?
(Yes, I know the easiest way would be to put the two machines next to each other but easier said than done)

It's a physical power connection along with data - You need a hardwired connection.

#1906 2 years ago

Does anyone know if you can associate a location with more than one insider account ? Currently as a 'pro' insider account, you can create and managed one or more locations. But we have several partners and looking to see if we should all apply to be a 'pro' account if locations can be managed by multiple people..

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Does anyone know if you can associate a location with more than one insider account ? Currently as a 'pro' insider account, you can create and managed one or more locations. But we have several partners and looking to see if we should all apply to be a 'pro' account if locations can be managed by multiple people..

There is no sharing or delegation at this point. So just have one account manage it.

#1908 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

There is no sharing or delegation at this point. So just have one account manage it.

Thanks, that matches with what we are seeing. Altho, does look like they setup commercial locations in a way where it does not need to be tied to a single account, so maybe soon.

#1909 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a physical power connection along with data - You need a hardwired connection.

Yeah was afraid of that. Thanks.

#1910 2 years ago

anyone applied for and got a Pro account recently? I applied weeks ago I have three games on site and they are all coming up as my home.

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone applied for and got a Pro account recently? I applied weeks ago I have three games on site and they are all coming up as my home.

Got mine today, and applied about a week ago.

Our games currently show up in personal game rooms similarly. But with the pro account can add locations, and i presume easy to move games to the location..

#1912 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Got mine today, and applied about a week ago.
Our games currently show up in personal game rooms similarly. But with the pro account can add locations, and i presume easy to move games to the location..

When you are pro enabled - you basically have two views... personal and pro.

You would deregister your game from your personal account, and re-add it to the new location under the pro profile. Create your location in pro... then register the game with the QR code from the pro profile.

ETA: I just checked... it does allow you to transfer from home to pro location. So should just be able to use 'transfer' under your games once the Pro location is defined.

#1913 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Once enabled, you'll get a pro menu option in the sidebar... games don't automatically become location games. You create a new location in the pro profile then register the games to it.

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you are pro enabled - you basically have two views... personal and pro.
You would deregister your game from your personal account, and re-add it to the new location under the pro profile. Create your location in pro... then register the game with the QR code from the pro profile.
ETA: I just checked... it does allow you to transfer from home to pro location. So should just be able to use 'transfer' under your games once the Pro location is defined.

I tried that yesterday, it didn't work. It gave me some sort of an error.

I had to remove the machine on my normal account and then add it again after getting Pro enabled.

#1915 2 years ago

Does anyone have a sample art file for the reader triangle?

Would love to customize for the machine...because it seems clear we're not getting the integrated art we thought we were getting...

#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Does anyone have a sample art file for the reader triangle?
Would love to customize for the machine...because it seems clear we're not getting the integrated art we thought we were getting...

#1917 2 years ago

My family and I went to our first big pinball event a month ago (Pintastic New England) which gave me the idea to go to Shutterfly and make a metal luggage tag that has my pinside badge on one side and IC QR on the other... Made two for my kids as well (using their IC "avatar" image and color instead of pinside badge). Was worried that the glossy metal would give issues being scanned but it works really well; my kids love using theirs.

Just an idea, if anybody wants a sturdier hardcopy than a printout... Cheers!

20211209_064929 (resized).jpg20211209_064929 (resized).jpg

#1918 2 years ago

Just discovered ball one resets (or any other kind) still count toward your total play count stats

#1919 2 years ago

FYI, we found our Aerosmith was rebooting during attract mode again.

Contacted Stern support, showed them a video of a reboot and they got back with me today that the software engineers may have found a bug that is causing it.

So hopefully we will see an update for Aerosmith in the next few days.

#1920 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just discovered ball one resets (or any other kind) still count toward your total play count stats

I always thought games played was a weird thing people want to know when buying 2nd hand. People could play on 3 balls or 10, no extra balls or several extra balls.

Balls played would be better information but still are your ball times 1 minute or 10? Is it kept in a temp controlled house or in a damp outbuilding? Do you clean and wax, fix faults and change balls?

Games played isnt really a good judge of condition imo

Edit - just realised you mean on IC. Didn’t look what thread this is lol. Anyway it probably counts on ic because it counts on machine audits

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I always thought games played was a weird thing people want to know when buying 2nd hand. People could play on 3 balls or 10, no extra balls or several extra balls.
Balls played would be better information but still are your ball times 1 minute or 10? Is it kept in a temp controlled house or in a damp outbuilding? Do you clean and wax, fix faults and change balls?
Games played isnt really a good judge of condition imo
Edit - just realised you mean on IC. Didn’t look what thread this is lol. Anyway it probably counts on ic because it counts on machine audits

Yeah, was about how that kills my average score

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Yeah, was about how that kills my average score

This will definitely change my strategy...

Thanks for the heads up.

#1923 2 years ago

My BKSoR reboots were solved by doing a full install with verify, give it a shot.

My BKSoR wifi connectivity issue seems to be resolved with moving the USB dongle to the other slot.

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmonkey:

Amis anyone still getting the “server loop back: no connection” error” still?
It’s been like that on mine for 2 days and did the reseat, reset and power cycle tasks already… thanks

I'm at 24 hours and unable to connect the kit I installed in a JP on location yesterday. Anyone had luck from Stern on a solution for this yet?

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from jay:

I'm at 24 hours and unable to connect the kit I installed in a JP on location yesterday. Anyone had luck from Stern on a solution for this yet?

I was instructed to try making sure the games time and date are correct because that may be the issue. It’s suppose to do that by itself but there’s something causing it to not update the time/date.

I haven’t tried that yet but I’ll report back.

#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I was instructed to try making sure the games time and date are correct because that may be the issue. It’s suppose to do that by itself but there’s something causing it to not update the time/date.

I'll give this a shot tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

normally you would get a NTP (network time) source from your DHCP server. Maybe they are relying on that and if that's not properly configured on your network and using DHCP that could be the source?

Computers need a good time sync to do secure web connections (TLS) properly.

#1928 2 years ago

Is IC down right now?

(Some sort of server status page would be helpful too, perhaps)

#1929 2 years ago

`Cannot connect to the server either (NL, GZ PRO)

#1930 2 years ago

Looks like kits are starting to ship...

I am not an operator and received my kit yesterday. Pre-ordered on Oct 28th.

IMG_2638 (resized).jpegIMG_2638 (resized).jpeg
#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

normally you would get a NTP (network time) source from your DHCP server. Maybe they are relying on that and if that's not properly configured on your network and using DHCP that could be the source?
Computers need a good time sync to do secure web connections (TLS) properly.

and then stern will need to add an timezone setting to the games.

#1932 2 years ago

Right now when it counts "plays per day" it resets the day at like 7PM or something which is frustrating, and not much of the analytics works so they've got some stuff in development for it I'm sure.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

and then stern will need to add an timezone setting to the games.

Not necessarily- timezones and local time is just a thing for friendly human views. Epoch and timestamps are in utc

#1934 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Looks like kits are starting to ship...
I am not an operator and received my kit yesterday. Pre-ordered on Oct 28th.
[quoted image]

Who did you order yours from?

#1937 2 years ago

Changing my time and date fixed the issue!

#1938 2 years ago

Anyone know why all my scores show as 0 when you look through the Activity heading?

It keeps my high score, achievement and record of plays and shows the most recent score on the main screen but nothing in Activity!

IMG_20211210_201413 (resized).jpgIMG_20211210_201413 (resized).jpg
#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Changing my time and date fixed the issue!

Same. This does seem to be a thing with Jurassic Park for some reason.

#1940 2 years ago

I got one kit today!

53B71A9E-F01D-4E72-8EFE-9E98349F9F82 (resized).jpeg53B71A9E-F01D-4E72-8EFE-9E98349F9F82 (resized).jpeg
#1941 2 years ago

Cointaker

Looks like they have Pros in stock: https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-pro-kit-preorder1
Premium/LE still for pre-order: https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-kits-prem-le-preorder

And $25 for shipping.

#1942 2 years ago

My Godzilla prem is now reading the QR code. Severs back online

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from robotgreg:

Anyone know why all my scores show as 0 when you look through the Activity heading?
It keeps my high score, achievement and record of plays and shows the most recent score on the main screen but nothing in Activity!
[quoted image]

Same for me. Must be a bug.

FD473886-87FE-40E8-8A79-64AE0B99F4A0 (resized).pngFD473886-87FE-40E8-8A79-64AE0B99F4A0 (resized).png
#1944 2 years ago

BKSoR is still rebooting on me with this code. Right after it displays molten fire champion.

Edit: nobody can pull it up right now at this location on or off wifi so I dont know if it's down.

#1945 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

BKSoR is still rebooting on me with this code. Right after it displays molten fire champion.
Edit: nobody can pull it up right now at this location on or off wifi so I dont know if it's down.

Right now I'm neutral on the whole IC thing until I see what it really can do for me. Sounds like this is currently a real cluster F with buggy code. Looks like it's best to sit back and wait for a few months rather than being a beta tester at the moment and dealing with the growing pains.

#1946 2 years ago

I'm up and loving it! Huge improvement for turtles. It allows you to continue where you left off on levels of turtles, completely changing the game! It went from a good game to a great game.

20211209_234943.jpg20211209_234943.jpg
#1947 2 years ago

Now online at Keg and Coin in Jacksonville FL.
Adding it to more games there and my other games on location soon in Northeast Florida!

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from mikespins:

I'm up and loving it! Huge improvement for turtles. It allows you to continue where you left off on levels of turtles, completely changing the game! It went from a good game to a great game.
[quoted image]

Where'd you get the speaker panel art?

#1949 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I got one kit today!
[quoted image]

THATS HAWT!

#1950 2 years ago

My insider connected kit is just a generic pro apron. Where do I get new stickers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 549.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/39?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.