B79FE22D-D333-43B1-BB88-007E1D6D9EC0_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
786BDDC7-FF68-4737-8EF1-4C19FA258F13 (resized).jpeg
stern (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_133535_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240306_112422_Stern IC (resized).jpg
IMG_0285 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240303-210941 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 124.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Creating an account is free, and is easier to read than this copy/paste below.
But here it is!

Thanks! I didn't think there would be that many. Looks like they have just about everything in there including life time ones you'd accumulate over several games. I like that a lot.

#1552 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I played the lake Creek location yesterday (don't know if that's the only pinballz that got it) and it worked as expected. I will say that their wifi is spotty at times where even their reader to pay for the games get internment issues

Darrell said it wasn’t hooked up yet when we played league Tuesday at the OG location.

Add Godzilla to the Pinball Map if you get time. I may stop over later tonight and update everything.

#1553 2 years ago
329828AD-65F1-4EC5-ADE2-1B8BCC470138 (resized).jpeg329828AD-65F1-4EC5-ADE2-1B8BCC470138 (resized).jpeg
#1554 2 years ago

No, as an operator. No. Again…no.

Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Maybe this was already mentioned, but does anyone know if this has wallet functionality so that I can load up my Stern account with money then scanning on a machine will also pay to play each time, along with giving achievements and such? Would be cool to not need change and just pay via the app.

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Thanks! I didn't think there would be that many. Looks like they have just about everything in there including life time ones you'd accumulate over several games. I like that a lot.

The site keeps track of how many accumulated items are verified and non-verified, as well.

#1556 2 years ago

So any interesting updates / tidbits coming out of expo?

#1557 2 years ago

So…I’m trying to get my location Godzilla to show up on Sterns IC site. I got a pro (operator) account, filled out the info for my location and submitted it to Stern. It now shows up under my pro account but will not let me transfer the game to the location on the website. Anyone encounter this prob? Should I unregister my game from my player account and reregister under the location account?

F05660D4-1251-4210-9D6C-B9F66649A02D (resized).jpegF05660D4-1251-4210-9D6C-B9F66649A02D (resized).jpeg
#1558 2 years ago

Got the GC score at expo last night on DP. At the end I of the game My initials automatically populated and I saved them, but the score in my IC account was only 10 million, although it logged all of my achievements correctly. So, my score never showed up on the leaderboard. Missed my two minutes of fame.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…I’m trying to get my location Godzilla to show up on Sterns IC site. I got a pro (operator) account, filled out the info for my location and submitted it to Stern. It now shows up under my pro account but will not let me transfer the game to the location on the website. Anyone encounter this prob? Should I unregister my game from my player account and reregister under the location account?
[quoted image]

When I ran into this problem I unregistered the game and reregistered it under my Pro account. That worked for me.

#1560 2 years ago

Thanks!

Update: I unregistered the game and my pro account doesn’t have a tab to register a game. Wtf?

Quoted from BrianBannon:

When I ran into this problem I unregistered the game and reregistered it under my Pro account. That worked for me.

#1561 2 years ago

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, I signed up on Sterns website and when I go to scan my QR code it just makes a noise like it’s reading the code and then nothing happens in advice?

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Not sure what I’m doing wrong, I signed up on Sterns website and when I go to scan my QR code it just makes a noise like it’s reading the code and then nothing happens in advice?

Occasionally it'll happen to me as well. Seems like it's just having trouble connecting to verify with Sterns servers or something?
Should straighten itself out eventually.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

[quoted image]

This would be cool for locations. Anyone know if eventually operators will be able to do similar displays?

FDC7C67E-EEA9-4097-81B6-EA7D70A71DFF (resized).jpegFDC7C67E-EEA9-4097-81B6-EA7D70A71DFF (resized).jpeg
#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thanks!
Update: I unregistered the game and my pro account doesn’t have a tab to register a game. Wtf?

I don't remember a tab or not. I think since you have updated your location to verified, when you reregister the game it will show up under your Pro account.

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Occasionally it'll happen to me as well. Seems like it's just having trouble connecting to verify with Sterns servers or something?
Should straighten itself out eventually.

Yep working now

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

This would be cool for locations. Anyone know if eventually operators will be able to do similar displays?[quoted image]

I have to believe they are showing off operator features. They haven’t really launched fully yet.

#1567 2 years ago

This would be cool for locations. Anyone know if eventually operators will be able to do similar displays?[quoted image]

Agree— it’s weird how just consolidating scores on a TV gives it so much more of a competitive feel. Really dig it.

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Agree— it’s weird how just consolidating scores on a TV gives it so much more of a competitive feel. Really dig it.

Yeah, I would love this for location. I’ve got a few kits ordered so this high score tv would be awesome

#1569 2 years ago

Help Please!

Godzilla LE 235 here...my 'Stern Insider Connected' was working great until a couple days ago....I didn't touch anything but now it's not working... I scan and get a dull tone and it doesn't register...I believe my Wifi connection and passwords are good...after that screen I get "Unable to Join"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BTW this game is incredible.
IMG_6414 (resized).JPGIMG_6414 (resized).JPGIMG_6415 (resized).JPGIMG_6415 (resized).JPGIMG_6417 (resized).JPGIMG_6417 (resized).JPG

#1570 2 years ago
Quoted from MajorDrainer:

I believe my Wifi connection and passwords are good...after that screen I get "Unable to Join"

Any help would be appreciated.

If it were me I'd first follow the directions given on your screen about the USB wifi adapter.
Then I would look at all the connected devices in my router settings page and make sure Godzilla shows up there.

A bit disappointing Stern doesn't even have a hint of instructions in the manual about this. Still referencing updating software via USB too.

#1571 2 years ago

Help Please!
Godzilla LE 235 here...my 'Stern Insider Connected' was working great until a couple days ago....I didn't touch anything but now it's not working... I scan and get a dull tone and it doesn't register...I believe my Wifi connection and passwords are good...after that screen I get "Unable to Join"
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There’s an option to test the connection. Do you know how to do that?

#1572 2 years ago

Help Please!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check to make sure the game is still registered to your account and somehow didn’t become unregistered.

#1573 2 years ago

$200 seems to be the cost for retro kits, was this confirmed at Expo?

#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

$200 seems to be the cost for retro kits, was this confirmed at Expo?

Previously it was said that $200 is an "introductory price," but you can pre-order them now. I did

Pro:
https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-pro-kit-preorder1

Premium:
https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-kits-prem-le-preorder

Several places have them for pre-order.

#1575 2 years ago

Any updates on the IC roadmap from George's segment at expo last night? I thought Stern had said they would be announcing a lot of new stuff about IC at expo.

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from scootss:

Previously it was said that $200 is an "introductory price," but you can pre-order them now. I did
Pro:
https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-pro-kit-preorder1
Premium:
https://cointaker.com/products/insider-connected-upgrade-kits-prem-le-preorder
Several places have them for pre-order.

Yeah $200 is $100 more than I would be willing to pay for connect, this should be a loss leader so to speak and the revenue and profit should come from the connect membership levels.

#1577 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah $200 is $100 more than I would be willing to pay for connect, this should be a loss leader so to speak and the revenue and profit should come from the connect membership levels.

I'd actually prefer the complete other way around. Fixed fee, all add-ons free. I certainly don't want to pay a monthly fee to get access to new content.

#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'd actually prefer the complete other way around. Fixed fee, all add-ons free. I certainly don't want to pay a monthly fee to get access to new content.

Obviously that would be the way we want it as a consumer but the issue with that is it’s simply not sustainable to implement that as a business, especially on a product that’s being progressively rolled out and expanded.

Stern should have planned this and rolled it out like F2P mobile gaming companies introduce their products to the market. You make the base product free with just enough content to hook the consumer and then provide them with additional content that feels like a must have.

#1579 2 years ago

George said local leaderboards are coming.

In terms of this display, all you need is a pc in portrait mode hooked up to a tv with the leaderboards pulled up in a browser. You could do this right now.

#1580 2 years ago

Has anyone actually been able to set up a location account? My Godzilla is basically registered to my personal account and Stern had not responded to my request to create my operator account. You would think that they would be quick to configure their Stern Army locations.

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone actually been able to set up a location account? My Godzilla is basically registered to my personal account and Stern had not responded to my request to create my operator account. You would think that they would be quick to configure their Stern Army locations.

There’s a good number of locations registered, including mine, but I know this is an issue for several other ops too.

Hopefully they figure this all out soon or it’s going to put a sour taste in a lot of operator’s mouths

#1582 2 years ago

With Expo happening right now, it would not surprise me if all the techs were focused on the show instead of customer email.
Would expect you'll hear from someone in the next couple days if not sooner.
Good luck!

#1583 2 years ago

I suggest that the Stern Connected thing add a Convention setting that automatically logs players out after the game. Normally they're is going to be a line for a game. If not, then a lucky player with no line can just scan in before each game.

I had it happen multiple times to me that when I walked up to a game and pressed the Start button for the appropriate number of players, it would Start more games than intended because the prior players had Logged In the Connected thing and not logged out and so the first Start press would add 2-4 players and any additional presses would add more players unless at 4 already.

Additionally, the game should forget any scanned in player that doesn't start a game within a few (1-3?) seconds. I saw people walking around to empty games and scan in on as many games as possible without playing so that when others walked up they would likely get credit for those plays - for whatever benefit or honors that might impart, if any.

Having just found out about the Insider Connected stuff and being exposed to it, I see some interesting potential in it. I agree with the person that said Stern should sell the hardware at cost or less. I think broad adoption of the tech is likely to boost profits and industry health through increased customer engagement and therefore location play and game purchases.

If it was cheap enough, I would install it in 6-12 games, primarily for use at parties to track high scores, award prizes, and set goals to increase play and player interaction. At $200 a game, I am unlikely to retrofit any games.

#1584 2 years ago

It was fun. It was better than I expected. It was definitely all bragging rights especially when you were on the leaderboard at Expo.

Now that I’m home, meh. I have plenty of games here to choose from and the collection changes all the time, so I rarely go out to locations to play. Is it gonna do anything for me at home? Not until there’s more updates and features. All of my newer games Show high scores already, so be it me or somebody else that has a high score on my games, it really doesn’t do much for home use as it stands right now.

but I am looking forward to some of the possibilities now having used it hands-on in its current state.

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfatuated:

I had it happen multiple times to me that when I walked up to a game and pressed the Start button for the appropriate number of players, it would Start more games than intended because the prior players had Logged In the Connected thing and not logged out and so the first Start press would add 2-4 players and any additional presses would add more players unless at 4 already.

match play on coin drop can lead to issues with that.

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinfatuated:

I suggest that the Stern Connected thing add a Convention setting that automatically logs players out after the game. Normally they're is going to be a line for a game. If not, then a lucky player with no line can just scan in before each game.
Additionally, the game should forget any scanned in player that doesn't start a game within a few (1-3?) seconds. I saw people walking around to empty games and scan in on as many games as possible without playing so that when others walked up they would likely get credit for those plays - for whatever benefit or honors that might impart, if any.
Having just found out about the Insider Connected stuff and being exposed to it, I see some interesting potential in it. I agree with the person that said Stern should sell the hardware at cost or less. I think broad adoption of the tech is likely to boost profits and industry health through increased customer engagement and therefore location play and game purchases.
If it was cheap enough, I would install it in 6-12 games, primarily for use at parties to track high scores, award prizes, and set goals to increase play and player interaction. At $200 a game, I am unlikely to retrofit any games.

I feel like this was the same issue my friends and I were having as well at Expo. In one instance, we scanned 4 players in with our QR codes, but when we started the game, insider connect only had 3 listed… this happened on Deadpool.

In another instance, we only scanned 2 QR code’s but insider connected added a third player randomly (no QR code just “player 3”). This happened on BKSOR.

Seems like stern still has some bugs to figure out with insider connected.

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:I feel like this was the same issue my friends and I were having as well at Expo. In one instance, we scanned 4 players in with our QR codes, but when we started the game, insider connect only had 3 listed… this happened on Deadpool.
In another instance, we only scanned 2 QR code’s but insider connected added a third player randomly (no QR code just “player 3”). This happened on BKSOR.
Seems like stern still has some bugs to figure out with insider connected.

Last situation can happen with an extra start button press

I think heard audio call outs for achievements with deadpool. I was suprised on that

#1588 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think heard audio call outs for achievements with deadpool. I was suprised on that

Deadpool already has that call out in the code so it would be easy for Stern to use it there.

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Deadpool already has that call out in the code so it would be easy for Stern to use it there.

but they need to add voices for that.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

but they need to add voices for that.

The call out was there day 1 in the game. They just repurposed it for when the achievement triggered.

#1591 2 years ago

mpdpvdpin how long did it take for you to have your pro account verified? Mine has been sitting at "Application submitted" for the past 2 weeks or so.

#1592 2 years ago

“Stern should sell at cost or LESS?!”
Come on now.

Quoted from Pinfatuated:

#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

“Stern should sell at cost or LESS?!”
Come on now.

Why not? In marketing that’s known as a loss leader and considered part of customer acquisition cost for products expected to produce recurring revenue and/or locking in a customer.

#1594 2 years ago

Then someone else will call them out for this practise.
Then compare them to Amazon etc etc.
Unfortunately I believe inflation will no longer allow this practice.
I believe off shore companies implied this practis and that’s why shipping containers went from 4K-24k usd to ship over seas.

#1595 2 years ago

Depending on how Stern develops dlc for pay system, I thought of what choices would be useful.

1) three additional movie modes and three new heads for EHOH I’d pay $300

2) three additional villain modes in Deadpool I’d pay $300

3) full operator version of connected I’d pay $100 per year

4) option to start any mini-wizard / wizard mode on a named game I’d pay $50

5) extra interactive topper mode per game I won’t pay for. This should already be included in topper price.

6) additional mode on a named game if it was really good I’d pay $50

7) brand new ruleset and assets but same theme on an existing game I’d pay $500

8.) brand new ruleset and assets and new theme on an existing game I’d pay $200 for the chip

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

3) full operator version of connected I’d pay $100 per year

per game? per site? per account? per account per X games?

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

per game? per site? per account? per account per X games?

Not per game but one umbrella license per account holder.

#1598 2 years ago

I never got an email back confirming but I can now toggle between pro and player account on the Stern website. Still can’t figure out how to re register my game under the pro account though. I’m starting to care less every day at this point haha.

Quoted from APz:

mpdpvdpin how long did it take for you to have your pro account verified? Mine has been sitting at "Application submitted" for the past 2 weeks or so.

#1599 2 years ago

I verified my e-mail and I do have the pro option under my account, but it just shows a 3 step page of "Application submitted", "Application approved" and "Games registered" and it only has a check mark on the first one. I didn't bother to register the games under my personal account in case there'd be some head ache about moving the game onto the pro account later. No one at Stern seems to be willing to comment on how the pro system is supposed to work in practice and every time I ask a Stern distributor or anyone seemingly affiliated, they just keep posting links to some random Youtube videos that try to market the thing.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I never got an email back confirming but I can now toggle between pro and player account on the Stern website. Still can’t figure out how to re register my game under the pro account though. I’m starting to care less every day at this point haha.

#1600 2 years ago

I subscribed to Insider All Access in July (well before Connected was announced) but never received my SWAG box. Has anyone received one since then?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Space Coast Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 55.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 124.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-insider-connected/page/32?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.